PDA

View Full Version : Best area in Athens to stay in?

H18 SFR
13-07-2018, 08:10 PM
What is the best area to stay in?

bigwheel
13-07-2018, 11:43 PM
What is the best area to stay in?

Lots of great areas...but the old town Plaka...has lots of bars and night life. Great spot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Can anyone who travelled to Athens on the chartered flight for the AEK game !
Remember the name of the hotel ?
It was probably one of top hotels,we where checking in and the Manchester United players where checking out !
All European games where cancelled as a mark of respect for 9/11.

It's doing ma heid in trying to remember the name of the hotel.🤔😡

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Ha ha found it on TripAdvisor 😁
Inter Continental Athenaeum
Nice hotel !
If I remember correctly it had a lovely cocktail bar, great sing song until they unfortunately ran out of drink.🍸🍹🍺 😜🤪

Wembley67
14-07-2018, 08:20 PM
Nice hotel !
If I remember correctly it had a lovely cocktail bar, great sing song until they unfortunately ran out of drink.🍸🍹🍺 😜🤪

Ooooooooo ya belter, I would never have remembered that, only thing I can mind is the rooftop bar, did it have a pool as well???

Sergey
14-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Nice hotel !

I've stayed in that hotel on a number of occasions on business and it's excellent.

As an aside, if you leave the hotel entrance, directly opposite there is one of those fag seller wagons - pass that and then chuck a right. There's a little Greek bar in what is akin to a council estate. Outstanding cheap drinks to be had.

Sygrou Fix is the local underground station within walking distance.

Silversand
14-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Ooooooooo ya belter, I would never have remembered that, only thing I can mind is the rooftop bar, did it have a pool as well???We spent the day of the not-to-be game poolside I seem to remember, with about another 20 or so Hibbys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2018, 10:00 PM
We spent the day of the not-to-be game poolside I seem to remember, with about another 20 or so Hibbys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

🏊🍺🍹🏊🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Great trip even though we didn't get to see the game !
Good time spent in the main square 🍻🍻🍻

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2018, 10:07 PM
I've stayed in that hotel on a number of occasions on business and it's excellent.

As an aside, if you leave the hotel entrance, directly opposite there is one of those fag seller wagons - pass that and then chuck a right. There's a little Greek bar in what is akin to a council estate. Outstanding cheap drinks to be had.

Taxi driver's kept trying to take us to see the nice lady's of the night.
😉😆😆

H18 SFR
15-07-2018, 09:16 AM

Like to try the local lager when away, what are the best ones to try?