PDA

View Full Version : Fixture changes?

Renfrew_Hibby
13-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Sorry, have had a really busy summer and not fully up to speed yet with the upcoming season.
Am I right in thinking that the Motherwell game will now be played on Sunday 5th, barring any Faroese miracles?

Sprouleflyer
13-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Nothing confirmed yet due to the 2nd leg next week, but with EL games played on a Thursday, it looks pretty certain that the Motherwell game will be put back to Sunday.

hibbyfraelibby
13-07-2018, 03:12 PM
It will be tbe Sunday as per SPFL rules

Hulk1875
13-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Nothing confirmed yet due to the 2nd leg next week, but with EL games played on a Thursday, it looks pretty certain that the Motherwell game will be put back to Sunday.

If this is the case hopefully a later kick off and put on tv, as I fly to Majorca Sunday morning, cant believe I’m gonna miss first game of the season. School boy error

Bob Box Fish
13-07-2018, 08:52 PM
I will be well peed off if it’s on the Sunday as I won’t make it. Missed about 5 games last season due to them being moved. Bought a season ticket to back the club but no value in it for the fans.

007 Mickey Weir
13-07-2018, 08:56 PM
I will be well peed off if it’s on the Sunday as I won’t make it. Missed about 5 games last season due to them being moved. Bought a season ticket to back the club but no value in it for the fans.

We did quite well last year. You need to expect that being a top 6 team means a lot of games being moved. But we also have the European games in August and hopefully longer.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 08:59 PM

Do you want bibs to play in Europe on Thursday and the the league on Saturday to make it easier for you?

It’s not been Saturday 3pm kick offs every week for years now, surely you must have expected the games after Europe to be moved to Sunday’s?

seanshow
13-07-2018, 09:07 PM
As far as domestic games go, back in ye olden days if you kept (Tue/Wed night and Saturday afternoon) free you could pretty much go to all of the games.

Nowadays it's more likely to be (Friday night and any time Sat/Sun) you need to be available :cb

Togs91
13-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Do you want bibs to play in Europe on Thursday and the the league on Saturday to make it easier for you?

It’s not been Saturday 3pm kick offs every week for years now, surely you must have expected the games after Europe to be moved to Sunday’s?

As long as the bibs dont have any alcoholic beverage or betting company sponsors on them we should be sound ;)

hfc rd
13-07-2018, 11:38 PM

It’s 99.9% confirmed to be on the Sunday unless Runavík embarrassingly knock us out. Plus there is no way Hibs will want to play on the Saturday considering they will be playing a potential important game on the other side of Europe 48 hours before. Common sense.

DavieRoy
14-07-2018, 03:42 AM

This must be very frustrating but naive, I have to say. We got to a League Cup Semi-Final last season, meaning a league game got moved. Europe this season means that will happen again at least once. With 60 games shown live on TV, 6 guaranteed at Easter Road, then guess what, games will get moved.

We all want Saturday 3pm but this is modern football and anyone that buys a season ticket expecting Saturday, 3pm, is going to get a rude awakening.

Add to that, the clubs want a winter break and a League Cup Finisinh before Christmas, then the League has more midweek cards too, so not all TV’s fault.

The three weekend of the season has not League games but it is a League Cup weekend, hence, another midweek card.

Phil MaGlass
14-07-2018, 07:12 AM

Maybe you could find someone who could use yir ticket when you cant and get a couple of quid for it?

Aldo
14-07-2018, 07:34 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
14-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Would be very pissed off if this were the case as booked Hospitality for the game and nothing was mentioned then. Taking my Dad and there is a possibility that he cannot make the Sunday! FFS

Surely can’t be pissed off at the club for that? If you play a European game on a Thursday you’re never going to play a league game on the Saturday. No the clubs fault.

hibbysam
14-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Folk are surely at it on here? Raging we’re in Europe as it’ll push a game back 24 hours. Leeann should just pull us out now to save the hassle.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2018, 07:45 AM
It might not be moved if the 2nd leg doesn't get played on the Thursday night.

Sevco's 2nd leg v Shkupi is played this coming Tuesday so it's possible that our 2nd leg v Asteras Tripolis may take place earlier in the week, allowing the Motherwell game to remain on the Saturday.

marinello59
14-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Sevco's 2nd leg v Shkupi is played this coming Tuesday so it's possible that our 2nd leg v Asteras Tripolis may take place earlier in the week, allowing the Motherwell game to remain on the Saturday.

Or tie will be on the Thursday.

Aldo
14-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Surely can’t be pissed off at the club for that? If you play a European game on a Thursday you’re never going to play a league game on the Saturday. No the clubs fault.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Would be very pissed off if this were the case as booked Hospitality for the game and nothing was mentioned then. Taking my Dad and there is a possibility that he cannot make the Sunday! FFS

What would you want to have been mentioned? The Europa League 2nd round 2nd leg was always scheduled to take place the week leading up to the first weekend of the league season.

We've known since the 19th May that we were going to be in Europe this season and the schedule of the ties was also freely available to refer to.

The league fixtures were only announced on 15th June so it's not as if you could have booked hospitality before we knew about being in Europe.

I can understand why you would be frustrated if you can't make it but I can't understand why you would be pissed off at anyone when you're implying that "nothing was mentioned." Clubs have never played on a Thursday and then again on a Saturday. Especially when a flight back from Greece is involved in between!

Aldo
14-07-2018, 07:57 AM
Folk are surely at it on here? Raging we’re in Europe as it’ll push a game back 24 hours. Leeann should just pull us out now to save the hassle.

Aldo
14-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Posts removed so as not to upset anyone

Mikey
14-07-2018, 07:59 AM

If it's changed to the Tuesday Hibs fans arriving on the Wednesday can say hello to the players at the airport as they head home :Ummm:

Sir David Gray
14-07-2018, 08:08 AM

I think it will be too but how do you know that just now? All 2nd leg games from this round were supposed to take place next Thursday but Sevco's playing on the Tuesday.

Is there a specific reason for their match being brought forward?

Aldo
14-07-2018, 08:16 AM
I think it will be too but how do you know that just now? All 2nd leg games from this round were supposed to take place next Thursday but Sevco's playing on the Tuesday.

Telly?

Since90+2
14-07-2018, 08:22 AM
From a team perspective I'd prefer it to be played on the Tuesday as a game on a Thursday night in Greece is going to mean the players are knackered against Motherwell on the Sunday. Would be abit bad on the fans who have already booked up on the basis the games on Thursday though.

CapitalGreen
14-07-2018, 09:14 AM

The Rangers games was moved to the Tuesday as there is 3 Skopje teams all playing in the Europa League 1st Round. They were all scheduled to play at home on the same night so they moved one to the Tuesday and one to the Wednesday.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2018, 09:34 AM
The Rangers games was moved to the Tuesday as there is 3 Skopje teams all playing in the Europa League 1st Round. They were all scheduled to play at home on the same night so they moved one to the Tuesday and one to the Wednesday.

Ahh right that makes sense then cheers. :aok:

Billy Whizz
14-07-2018, 09:57 AM

I asked this a week or so ago. Rangers game was moved, as 3 Macedonia teams, in close proximity were at home on the same night

hibbyfraelibby
14-07-2018, 04:18 PM

Clash with a team.of a higher seeding in the same geographic location...as per UEFA rules.

PatHead
14-07-2018, 04:34 PM
What happens to us if Hearts have a betfred cup tie on the same night as us?Should we move ours to avoid a clash?😂

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 06:02 PM

Rest assured club plans are being made for a Thursday tie in Greece and with the timescales involved, they'd be daft not to. I'm only slightly in the know.
Sevco on the other hand.......

andyf5
15-07-2018, 01:50 PM
It’s 99.9% confirmed to be on the Sunday unless Runavík embarrassingly knock us out. Plus there is no way Hibs will want to play on the Saturday considering they will be playing a potential important game on the other side of Europe 48 hours before. Common sense.

why does our club website still say the game is on Saturday?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 01:53 PM

Because it is, as it still stands. We haven’t played the 2nd leg against Runavik yet

Alba have also taken it for a delayed transmission too, on the Saturday

hfc rd
15-07-2018, 01:58 PM

Because we haven’t played the 2nd leg match against NSI Runavík yet. If we embarrassingly lose that tie from a 6-1 advantage, then the Motherwell game will get played on the Saturday. If we progress, we will play on the Sunday.

andyf5
15-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Because we haven’t played the 2nd leg match against NSI Runavík yet. If we embarrassingly lose that tie from a 6-1 advantage, then the Motherwell game will get played on the Saturday. If we progress, we will play on the Sunday.

Ok. Thanks.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2018, 08:09 AM

We can hardly change the tie until the Tripolis game actually takes place.

Imagine the stick we would take if we changed the match to the Sunday and then somehow lost 5-0 to Runavik on Thursday.

It would be arrogance on a scale that hasn't been seen since Andy Halliday told everyone to calm down when he put Sevco 2-1 up in the 2016 cup final.