PDA

View Full Version : Jamie MacLaren

H18 SFR
13-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Is he a realistic target when McGinn goes or has that ship sailed off into the sunset?

Michael
13-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Thought the ITK folk were saying deal is still on.

Thecat23
13-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Yes, Hibs hopeful of getting him back. Talks have been going on for a few weeks now and going well.

Hfc_Since1875
13-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Yes, Hibs hopeful of getting him back. Talks have been going on for a few weeks now and going well.

Not doubting you at all here TC, always appreciate you passing on what you hear 👍🏻

Always find it so hard to believe how long these things can take to conclude though! You’d imagine it wouldn’t take weeks to get these things sorted I’d there is a willingness from the parties!

Onceinawhile
13-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Not doubting you at all here TC, always appreciate you passing on what you hear 👍🏻

Always find it so hard to believe how long these things can take to conclude though! You’d imagine it wouldn’t take weeks to get these things sorted I’d there is a willingness from the parties!

I suspect it is in part because (and this isn't a dig at anyone) some people tell us that "talks are ongoing" or other phrases, when Hibs have said little more to Darmstadt than - "here, can we sign him please".

E.g. there's not really been any negotiation, but talks have started. From that point on, it probably does take weeks, but because someone has heard something, they'll let us know.

FWIW, i suspect he will sign, I reckon the story of "rangers interest" was done to get our ***** in gear.

Jim44
13-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Not doubting you at all here TC, always appreciate you passing on what you hear ����

Even tho’ a player is keen and might eventually sign on the dotted line, I think they will stall and use delaying tactics in the hope that a better offer comes their way. I suppose that, 9 time’s out of 10, if a club is really serious about a player, they will go with the flow and get their man in the end. Sometimes however a club will run out of patience and close the hatch with a thump. Ask Fraser Fyvie about that. :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
13-07-2018, 02:41 PM

That is good enough for me cat.

frazeHFC
13-07-2018, 03:08 PM

As a loan of permanent?

Thecat23
13-07-2018, 03:11 PM
As a loan of permanent?

Loan is what I was told. But I’d be delighted if it’s a permanent deal.

Thecat23
13-07-2018, 03:13 PM

There really is so many things that goes on behind the scenes and even when it seems all is good can still take a while to get it done. Could be other interest from other clubs and then that may hold it up. Hopefully it’s done though soon.

Hi Heid Yin
13-07-2018, 05:48 PM
His low-key/invisible world cup didn't do him any favours (draw the attention of other clubs) but ironically has probably done our club a favour.
I look forward to any possible return.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2018, 05:50 PM
I look forward to seeing a Maclaren/Kamberi partnership again.

Here's hoping it happens.

13-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Loan is what I was told. But I’d be delighted if it’s a permanent deal.

If it is a loan then hopefully there's an agreed option to buy price but somehow I don't think Darmstadt will allow that.

Bob Box Fish
13-07-2018, 06:08 PM
How long has mclaren got left on his contract with them ?

huggie1875
13-07-2018, 06:10 PM
If it is a loan then hopefully there's an agreed option to buy price but somehow I don't think Darmstadt will allow that.

anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

Aldo
13-07-2018, 06:11 PM
How long has mclaren got left on his contract with them ?

Sure he’s contracted until 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geohibby
13-07-2018, 07:05 PM
anyone know how long he has left on his contract?
2 years

Tobias Funke
13-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Really hoping to having McLaran back in the side.

The_Horde
13-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Really hoping to having McLaran back in the side.

Allen first. Then mclaren for me.

badabing67
13-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Don't forget about Brandon I haven't does anyone like myself think it's a bit odd how all the speculation about him has gone quite I'm a sure he wants to come back because like Flo he will continue to improve and develop here. He was linked with a lot of clubs but nothing seems to be happening. I gave up hope of him returning when we were linked with Horgan because they are similar types of players. I having a feeling he could still come back no one has ruled it out. Come back Brandon

southern hibby
13-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Just sent a message to a Darmstadt fan that I gave a ticket too for a Hibs game and he was over on holiday and came to watch Jamie.

He says he knows nothing about Hibs trying to bring him back but he thinks his days are numbered over at Darmstadt as he says Jamie was lying about their fans throwing glass bottles at him and the fans aren’t happy about him lying. He did say he’ll keep me updated if he hears anything

GGTTH

SuperAllyMcleod
13-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Don't forget about Brandon I haven't does anyone like myself think it's a bit odd how all the speculation about him has gone quite I'm a sure he wants to come back because like Flo he will continue to improve and develop here. He was linked with a lot of clubs but nothing seems to be happening. I gave up hope of him returning when we were linked with Horgan because they are similar types of players. I having a feeling he could still come back no one has ruled it out. Come back Brandon

That post really needed a bit more punctuation!

I’d love to see him back but I suspect Man City will send him elsewhere to get a different experience. I hope I’m wrong.

Tug Wilson
13-07-2018, 09:36 PM

I think any loan deal for Brandon will happen later in the window. Man City will be doing a bit of transfer business and sorting out their squad before deciding that Brandon is surplus to requirements. We will then see him loaned out. Hopefully we can persuade City that Easter Road is the place for him to develop as a player.

Eyrie
14-07-2018, 10:23 AM
I think any loan deal for Brandon will happen later in the window. Man City will be doing a bit of transfer business and sorting out their squad before deciding that Brandon is surplus to requirements. We will then see him loaned out. Hopefully we can persuade City that Easter Road is the place for him to develop as a player.

Might go all the way to the English deadline. If Man City don't arrange something down south for him by that point then they would presumably be amenable to him coming back here.

The question is whether we'd have room for him. I'd say we do if we only add Horgan or one other, but not if we've signed two wingers by that point. Our problem is that we can't afford to wait to see if Barker will be back if waiting means missing out on another player.

Northernhibee
14-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Might go all the way to the English deadline. If Man City don't arrange something down south for him by that point then they would presumably be amenable to him coming back here.

The question is whether we'd have room for him. I'd say we do if we only add Horgan or one other, but not if we've signed two wingers by that point. Our problem is that we can't afford to wait to see if Barker will be back if waiting means missing out on another player.

Barker, Mallan and Boyle would be frightening.

porthibbie
14-07-2018, 11:07 AM

According to the Sky EFL clubs can sign players on loan up to 31st August . So man City may hold back on Barker decision.

From Sky.

EFL clubs will still be able to sign players on loan up to August 31, 2018.
They will also be able to sign players on Loan with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens up to August 31.

Eyrie
14-07-2018, 11:17 AM
According to the Sky EFL clubs can sign players on loan up to 31st August . So man City may hold back on Barker decision.

From Sky.

EFL clubs will still be able to sign players on loan up to August 31, 2018.
They will also be able to sign players on Loan with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens up to August 31.

I wouldn't want to wait that long to find out, so if we get someone else in first that would close off Barker's return.

HelmutSchlong
14-07-2018, 11:29 AM

Any deal that we potentially strike with Man City won’t be until the last few days of the window. They ideally want to loan him to a club playing at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership

GloryGlory
14-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Any deal that we potentially strike with Man City won’t be until the last few days of the window. They ideally want to loan him to a club playing at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership

The English window closes on 9 August, so presumably if he is not loaned to another English team by then, Hibs would be back in the running?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-07-2018, 11:41 AM
When McLaren was scouted and then tipped for a loan move, I really had no opinion other than " who is he" . McLaren and Flo was inspired in hindsight. IMO Kamberi was the key signing, and although I would like McLaren back, I would be happy if the scouts went out and found the same or similar.

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2018, 11:42 AM
When it comes to Brandon Barker … If Man City want him to prove himself as a player or attract a decent transfer fee chances are they will be looking to land a loan deal with a championship club ... he would be up against a better standard of player more often than up here and like it or not be more in the spotlight for prospective buyers. Lets face it, he is never going to be part of the first team at a club who pay upwards of 20 million for benchwarmers.

The only upside I can see of Him returning to Hibs is that if it hadn't been for injuries he would have made himself a fixture in the team and played practically every week … there's no guarantee that would happen at another club. I would love to see him back here though, the prospect of a fully fit and up for it Brandon Barker on our left wing is something I would really look forward to.

As for Jamie McLaren ….. Darmstadt finished 10th in Bundesliga 2 last season with a team they didn't think he was good enough for .. if they are looking for promotion this season you would have to think McLaren would be surplus to requirements in their eyes as the look to recruit 'better quality'

HelmutSchlong
14-07-2018, 11:56 AM
The English window closes on 9 August, so presumably if he is not loaned to another English team by then, Hibs would be back in the running?
Loans and Loans with the view to buy are still allowed until the end of August

Centre Hawf
14-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Anyone think Englands new window might help Scottish clubs sweep up the talent that doesn’t get their move in time?

Ozyhibby
14-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Anyone think Englands new window might help Scottish clubs sweep up the talent that doesn’t get their move in time?

Yes but it also works the other way if we are looking to get a good deal for McGinn. Celtic know after August 9th they are the only serious bidders.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Yes but it also works the other way if we are looking to get a good deal for McGinn. Celtic know after August 9th they are the only serious bidders.

Other European markets exist.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Other European markets exist.

True, but getting British players to consider them can be problematic.

hibbyfraelibby
14-07-2018, 04:14 PM
True, but getting British players to consider them can be problematic.

You mean like Hendo?

Ozyhibby
14-07-2018, 04:34 PM
You mean like Hendo?

I think it’s fair to say he’s the exception rather than the rule.

hibbyfraelibby
15-07-2018, 09:43 PM
I think it’s fair to say he’s the exception rather than the rule.

You mean unlike another cup winner (LC) like Murdo McLeod?

My_Wife_Camille
15-07-2018, 09:56 PM
You mean unlike another cup winner (LC) like Murdo McLeod?
I think the fact that you have picked out two players 25 years apart kind of proves his point.

BlackSheep
15-07-2018, 09:56 PM
The danger of young British players leaving the uk is that many have fallen out of favour and ended up forgotten about over on the continent and with that chance in the back of their minds it does make English League 1 more attractive than a move into potential obscurity

beensaidbefore
15-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Doubt there are enough decent Scottish players who have played abroad since Murdo to make a starting 11.

Jess, Lambert, Booth....struggling now.

snooky
16-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Doubt there are enough decent Scottish players who have played abroad since Murdo to make a starting 11.

You've forgotten about the delivery man. :tsk tsk:

beensaidbefore
16-07-2018, 12:57 AM
You've forgotten about the delivery man. :tsk tsk:

Sorry. I thought that was a given. 😇

overdrive
16-07-2018, 01:21 AM

Barry Douglas, Garry O’Connor

Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Derek Riordan (though for these guys, not for very long)

Forza Fred
16-07-2018, 01:59 AM

Gordon Hunter, Ross McCormack and even Simon Murray have played at various levels in Oz....albeit McCormack being someone I would want nowhere Easter Road....

HoboHarry
16-07-2018, 02:13 AM
Gordon Hunter, Ross McCormack and even Simon Murray have played at various levels in Oz....albeit McCormack being someone I would want nowhere Easter Road....

Didn't Liam Miller play in Australia too? Iain Ferguson ex of Rangers?

Gloucester Hibs
16-07-2018, 02:13 AM

Garry O’Connor did ok during his spell at Lokomotiv Moscow

Forza Fred
16-07-2018, 02:27 AM
Didn't Liam Miller play in Australia too? Iain Ferguson ex of Rangers?

Yep

huggie1875
16-07-2018, 03:11 AM
Grant Brebner

HelmutSchlong
16-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Mo Johnstone, Gary Smith and Allan McGregor

Gloucester Hibs
16-07-2018, 04:20 AM
Tom McManus “from downtown!”

HelmutSchlong
16-07-2018, 04:28 AM
Steven Tweed and Craig Brewster

Juice-Terry
16-07-2018, 04:55 AM
MacLaren? As in, any news?

Austinho
16-07-2018, 05:19 AM
Barry Douglas, Garry O’Connor

Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Derek Riordan (though for these guys, not for very long)Aiden McGeady was technically a successful Scottish export at Spartak Moscow despite his choice of national team.

PaulC
16-07-2018, 05:40 AM
John Collins at Monaco

DetroitHibs
16-07-2018, 05:48 AM
Davie Weir started his career in the US. That tidbit was from the Si Ferry podcast. Quite enjoy that lads banter.

TrinityHibs
16-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Ryan Gauld

bigwheel
16-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Kenny Miller
Tam McManus
Kris Boyd
Mark Fotheringham
Steve Lennon
Tony Watt
Gary O'Connor
Charlie Miller
Maurice Ross

Stevie Reid
16-07-2018, 08:34 AM

You couldn't put Eoin Jess in such a lineup anyway.

makaveli1875
16-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Fletcher briefly went to Marseille a couple of years ago too

HelmutSchlong
16-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Robbie Winters, Kevin Nicol, Scott Robertson, Mikey Stewart, Callum Elliot, Craig Thomson, David Bates, Mark Fotheringhamand scorer of the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish cup final Mr. Andrew Halliday

we are hibs
16-07-2018, 09:40 AM
The sun are claiming maclaren will not be sold this summer..

CapitalGreen
16-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Headline says that but actual article doesn't. Quotes from the manager saying they will sit down with Jamie when he returns to the club next week to "discuss whether there is any concrete desire for a change of club". Jamie has already expressed a desire to leave.

BegbieHSC
16-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Darmstadt manager today - doesn’t sound good :(

“Jamie Maclaren returns to the club next week after an extended break because of the World Cup.

“We will sit down with him and discuss whether there is any concrete desire for a change of club. There is certainly none with us.g

“After we clear the air, we will hopefully have a fit, healthy and happy player in our squad for the rest of the season.

“This season, we will have the likes of Hamburg and Cologne in the league.

“We need the best possible squad to challenge, which includes Jamie.”

tamig
16-07-2018, 09:50 AM

“Jamie Maclaren returns to the club next week after an extended break because of the World Cup.

“We will sit down with him and discuss whether there is any concrete desire for a change of club. There is certainly none with us.g

“After we clear the air, we will hopefully have a fit, healthy and happy player in our squad for the rest of the season.

Why does it not sound good? The club would like him to stay but they need to get his opinion on things. If he has a desire to move, sounds like he will be sold. Which is a bit different to him “not being sold this summer.”

GloryGlory
16-07-2018, 10:01 AM

Could still go on loan.

H18 SFR
16-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Why does it not sound good? The club would like him to stay but they need to get his opinion on things. If he has a desire to move, sounds like he will be sold. Which is a bit different to him “not being sold this summer.”

Agreed, just a typical sound bite tbh. It will come down to who meets their valuation akin to the McGinn situation surely.

Thecat23
16-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Nothing story guys, Jamie has no intention of staying there.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 10:28 AM
What is good about them wanting to keep him?

Jack
16-07-2018, 10:33 AM

It's filled in a few quotes on my transfer bingo ticket!

Zazu62
16-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Can’t blame him, it’s the second division in Germany. Hibs are a much bigger club.

16-07-2018, 10:45 AM

Thanks TC, I trust your info more than the Sun's and the Daily Record's.

Borderhibbie76
16-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Thanks TC, I trust your info more than the Sun's and the Daily Record's.Yup me too thanks TC

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
16-07-2018, 10:49 AM

Transfer request?

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Thanks TC, I trust your info more than the Sun's and the Daily Record's.
The Sun’s info does include direct quotes from the manager though so you can assume it’s pretty reliable

Togs91
16-07-2018, 10:57 AM

Happy days.

tamig
16-07-2018, 11:20 AM
What is good about them wanting to keep him?

Because if he expresses a desire to leave then it appears they would be willing to sell him.

Jim44
16-07-2018, 11:20 AM
They say not to trust the Gemannns !!! Ve hav vays of making you stay. :devil: :greengrin

GloryGlory
16-07-2018, 11:21 AM
The Sun’s info does include direct quotes from the manager though so you can assume it’s pretty reliable

It sounds a bit like wishful thinking on the part of the manager, given that Jamie has already expressed a desire to leave.

J-C
16-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Basically saying they'll talk to the player and see if he wants to stay, if not then off he goes.

Thecat23
16-07-2018, 11:28 AM

It’s just a rehash of what he said couple weeks ago. Jamie will tell them he’s not happy at all and hasn’t settled.

Thecat23
16-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Transfer request?[/COLOR]

Either that or he asks to go on loan again.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Because if he expresses a desire to leave then it appears they would be willing to sell him.

It sounds a bit like wishful thinking on the part of the manager, given that Jamie has already expressed a desire to leave.

They are different things altogether. Him wanting to leave is good but them wanting to keep him is not.

The manager wanting to keep him makes them less likely to accept a bid from us on our terms and we'd become more likely to have to pay a premium to get him, or at worse miss out altogether to someone willing to pay a higher fee.

Look at it this way, we all know that Celtic want McGinn and that he'd be keen to go there but the fact we want to keep him isn't exactly good for them is it? It's given us the opportunity to demand such a fee that teams from England might be the only ones willing or able to pay it and the same could be true for Maclaren.

MyJo
16-07-2018, 11:33 AM

the manager doesn't say anything about MacLaren not moving.

He says he would like MacLaren to stay and be part of the squad but needs to speak to him and see if he wants to be there. If MacLaren goes back and says he isn't happy and doesn't want to stay at Darmstadt then they have a decision to make about keeping an unhappy player or considering offers for his transfer.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 11:35 AM
It’s just a rehash of what he said couple weeks ago. Jamie will tell them he’s not happy at all and hasn’t settled.
I'm not doubting that for a second, I'm just saying that direct quotes from the actual manager are about as a reliable source of information as you can ask for.

J-C
16-07-2018, 11:37 AM
They are different things altogether. Him wanting to leave is good but them wanting to keep him is not.

The manager wanting to keep him makes them less likely to accept a bid from us on our terms and we'd become more likely to have to pay a premium to get him, or at worse miss out altogether to someone willing to pay a higher fee.

Look at it this way, we all know that Celtic want McGinn and that he'd be keen to go there but the fact we want to keep him isn't exactly good for them is it? It's given us the opportunity to demand such a fee that teams from England might be the only ones willing or able to pay it and the same could be true for Maclaren.

Huge difference is John McGinn isn't an unhappy player, he understands that his time has maybe come to move on and it's up to the clubs to get the best deal for all parties. Jamie is an unhappy player who wants to move back to a country he knows and likes well, his team will want to get an unhappy player off the books and recoup a little of the money also, our big problem is his wages if it's a sale, not so much if it's a loan.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 11:38 AM
the manager doesn't say anything about MacLaren not moving.

He says he would like MacLaren to stay and be part of the squad but needs to speak to him and see if he wants to be there. If MacLaren goes back and says he isn't happy and doesn't want to stay at Darmstadt then they have a decision to make about keeping an unhappy player or considering offers for his transfer.
I didn't say he did. I just said that direct quotes from the manager are used so the Suns reporting, in this instance, is reliable.

J-C
16-07-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm not doubting that for a second, I'm just saying that direct quotes from the actual manager are about as a reliable source of information as you can ask for.

But the direct quotes just say exactly what everyone knows, that Jamie is unhappy, they still want him to stay and they'll discuss it when he returns from holidays, what out of that makes you think he won't move.

Greenworld
16-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Either that or he asks to go on loan again.On mcginn do u know if we offered celtic first refusal provided the met our valuation.this might explain English clubs holding off bids .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Huge difference is John McGinn isn't an unhappy player, he understands that his time has maybe come to move on and it's up to the clubs to get the best deal for all parties. Jamie is an unhappy player who wants to move back to a country he knows and likes well, his team will want to get an unhappy player off the books and recoup a little of the money also, our big problem is his wages if it's a sale, not so much if it's a loan.

I don't think that's a big difference in the context in which we are talking but even if it is, we can swap McGinn for Allan the first time he was here. He wanted to go to Rangers, we didn't want him to go to Rangers. In the end only Celtic were able to meet our valuation of the player and Rangers missed out.

Generally speaking, a team wanting to keep a certain player isn't good for other teams that want him. I honestly don't see how there can be any disputing that.

Lago
16-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Either that or he asks to go on loan again.
But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll end up at Hibs again.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 11:49 AM
But the direct quotes just say exactly what everyone knows, that Jamie is unhappy, they still want him to stay and they'll discuss it when he returns from holidays, what out of that makes you think he won't move.
Again, no arguments on that at all. I wasn't commenting on what the quotes said, just that they came from the manager so are a reliable source.

J-C
16-07-2018, 11:53 AM
I don't think that's a big difference in the context in which we are talking but even if it is, we can swap McGinn for Allan the first time he was here. He wanted to go to Rangers, we didn't want him to go to Rangers. In the end only Celtic were able to meet our valuation of the player and Rangers missed out.

Generally speaking, a team wanting to keep a certain player isn't good for other teams that want him. I honestly don't see how there can be any disputing that.

Difference is we were never going to sell to our main rival in that league and Allan made an erse of himself by handing in a transfer request, McGinn has been nothing but a solid pro all through this.

Again, no arguments on that at all. I wasn't commenting on what the quotes said, just that they came from the manager so are a reliable source.

I don't think anybody was disputing the fact it was a direct quote but the quote gave us no new info, Jamie still wants to leave even though they don't want him to.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Difference is we were never going to sell to our main rival in that league and Allan made an erse of himself by handing in a transfer request, McGinn has been nothing but a solid pro all through this.

I don't think anybody was disputing the fact it was a direct quote but the quote gave us no new info, Jamie still wants to leave even though they don't want him to.
Again JC, fundamentally the issues are exactly the same. Whether it's McGinn, Allan or Maclaren the issue at hand is that the team who hold the contract don't want to sell and that absolutely makes it more difficult for the team that wants to buy. It doesn't make it impossible but it makes it more challenging an it's certainly not good.

badabing67
16-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Jam Mac has stated himself how unhappy he was in Germany and my understanding from the interviews he gave when he was here, he couldn't away quick enough and repeatedly expressed a desire to be with us permanent. It is obvious he wants away from Germany.

From the article on the Record's website you've got to wonder the original source of the info and when the statement was made. I think it's probably sourced from German websites. I hope the original statement was made last week and that this sit down between Jam Mac and Darmstat will be this week and not next.

Jam Mac's future is not going to be in Germany so this sit down will surely clarify his position, that he wants to be with us either on loan or permanent.

It sort of brings you back to LD's tweet from Cologne when the Flo deal was done there must have been a meeting between the Club's.

I hope he's on his way, one way or another and I hope it's soon

Catch you Jamie Mac

Jim44
16-07-2018, 12:20 PM
The bit in the article ‘sit down and clear the air’ suggests that relationships between JM and his club are not good, which hopefully works in our favour.

tamig
16-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Again JC, fundamentally the issues are exactly the same. Whether it's McGinn, Allan or Maclaren the issue at hand is that the team who hold the contract don't want to sell and that absolutely makes it more difficult for the team that wants to buy. It doesn't make it impossible but it makes it more challenging an it's certainly not good.
Thats true but it could be applied to almost any situation where a player is looking to get away. His club will have a major part to play in deciding whether that’s to us or elsewhere. Back to the original point you raised, does it really matter that much if the manager wants to keep him and “hopefully have a happy player” if the player wants away? If interested clubs pay what they’re looking for, surely the sale goes through. Ideally, we won’t have an auction situation. That could of course happen.

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Thats true but it could be applied to almost any situation where a player is looking to get away. His club will have a major part to play in deciding whether that’s to us or elsewhere. Back to the original point you raised, does it really matter that much if the manager wants to keep him and “hopefully have a happy player” if the player wants away? If interested clubs pay what they’re looking for, surely the sale goes through. Ideally, we won’t have an auction situation. That could of course happen.
I don’t think it was me that raised that point, certainly not intentionally. I fully expect Maclaren to leave but my worry is that it won’t be to come here.

hibbyfraelibby
16-07-2018, 01:14 PM
I think the fact that you have picked out two players 25 years apart kind of proves his point.

Or Joe Baker? Or Steven Tweed, or Deeks or Gaz et al. Kinda disproved his point

My_Wife_Camille
16-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Or Joe Baker? Or Steven Tweed, or Deeks or Gaz et al. Kinda disproved his point
Not really, the fact they are so easy to name and single out shows they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

There’s a 56 year gap between Baker and Henderson and you’ve only picked out three more players in that time that have been at Hibs. Add in Archibald, Kevin Nicol, Kevin McCann and you’re almost at 10.

Now name the ones that never went abroad and you’re well into the thousands.

The guys didn’t say it’s never happened, just that it’s rare and unusual. Those numbers certainly point to it being exactly that

Thecat23
16-07-2018, 04:53 PM
But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll end up at Hibs again.

Hibs are still confident of getting Jamie back.

Thecat23
16-07-2018, 04:53 PM
On mcginn do u know if we offered celtic first refusal provided the met our valuation.this might explain English clubs holding off bids .

I honestly don’t know mate.

3pm
16-07-2018, 05:34 PM
i honestly don’t know mate.

ffs.... 👀

Thecat23
16-07-2018, 06:10 PM
ffs.... 👀

😂

jacomo
16-07-2018, 07:04 PM

Good. Let’s hope it happens. JMac and Flo obviously belong together!

Famous Fiver
16-07-2018, 07:26 PM
After MacLaren's hat trick against the Rangers and Flo's against Runavik I would love to see the two of them back playing together.

Scott Allan providing the ammo..........

Dream scenario for me.

Tug Wilson
16-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Good. Let’s hope it happens. JMac and Flo obviously belong together!

I think that both Jamie and Flo see the benefits of moving to Hibs in that they know that they fit the club and that success at Hibs could well lead to a big move elsewhere.

Paisley Hibby
16-07-2018, 09:53 PM

That's good to hear. But even if we can persuade Damstadt to sell him to us is Jamie prepared take a sizeable pay cut?

BILLYHIBS
16-07-2018, 10:09 PM
When McLaren was scouted and then tipped for a loan move, I really had no opinion other than " who is he" . McLaren and Flo was inspired in hindsight. IMO Kamberi was the key signing, and although I would like McLaren back, I would be happy if the scouts went out and found the same or similar.
Sounds good in theory but better to stick with the real deal and try and get him back if possible As gonna be pretty hard to unearth a nugget that scores a hatrick v The Hun knows and loves our club gels with Flo scored goals for fun in the A League and his goals per game ratio with us was pretty damn good bearing in mind all the times he ran into the correct scoring position waiting on a pass that did not come forgetting his penalty miss against the sheep failing that give us Sparky back on loan from the smellies as he is clearly out of favour and Brenda obviously doesn’t rate him.

J-C
16-07-2018, 10:31 PM
That's good to hear. But even if we can persuade Damstadt to sell him to us is Jamie prepared take a sizeable pay cut?

Do we know what salary Jamie is on there or is it pure guess work?

HoboHarry
16-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Everyone on .net knows how much every player gets paid. You imagine any number, post your made up nonsense on .net with FACT written after it and it becomes a fact.

Hi Heid Yin
17-07-2018, 12:34 AM
Everyone on .net knows how much every player gets paid. You imagine any number, post your made up nonsense on .net with FACT written after it and it becomes a fact.

:tee hee::tee hee:

Forza Fred
17-07-2018, 12:45 AM

Like ALL players salaries it is generally guesswork, and I make no claim to know.

However when he left Brisbane it was reported by several media outlets that it was believed he was on over 10,000 Australian Dollars a week...exactly how much more was not specified, but by all accounts it was a good wedge, certainly by Oz standards.

Reports over here have recently stated that his agent Paddy Dominguez, who is Sydney based, has been over in Europe trying to fix Jamie’s future up, and the reports have suggested once more that he sees the English Championship as his preferred destination.

It did not rule Hibs out though, and did say we would like to have him back.

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2018, 05:01 AM
Like ALL players salaries it is generally guesswork, and I make no claim to know.

However when he left Brisbane it was reported by several media outlets that it was believed he was on over 10,000 Australian Dollars a week...exactly how much more was not specified, but by all accounts it was a good wedge, certainly by Oz standards.

Reports over here have recently stated that his agent Paddy Dominguez, who is Sydney based, has been over in Europe trying to fix Jamie’s future up, and the reports have suggested once more that he sees the English Championship as his preferred destination.

£5,612/week :eek: and most likely even more in Germany

Winston Ingram
17-07-2018, 06:02 AM

It was miles different. They were skint, couldn’t afford his value, our direct rivals for the title and he conspired with them to try and bully us into a move for a small % of his value.

McGinn hasn’t gone whining to the press or got pals to do it for him, hasn’t deliberately posed for a photo in a restaurant on on a night out with the team he wants to join nor has he handed in a transfer request.

Northernhibee
17-07-2018, 06:33 AM

10 thousand dollarydoos? :hyper

Forza Fred
17-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Latest intel from Agent Downunder.

Nobody sure where he’ll end up but Hibs definitely a big shout.

As stated previously Jamie’s first preference is an English Championship club but interest so far...negligible.

Second choice would be a cashed up Middle East club if he can land one

Hibs remain option.

However, just because he WANTS to come to Hibs, doesn’t mean Darmstadt are (a) going to let him. Leave or (b) put a transfer fee on him we can afford.

Think this one will run for a while.....

Paisley Hibby
17-07-2018, 07:34 AM

According to Australian press he is currently on the equivalent of just over £8000 per week. Hence my question, is he prepared to take a pay cut?

DetroitHibs
17-07-2018, 07:37 AM
We should just splash the cash and spend a half million each on Allan and McLaren. It's a gamble, but very shrewd gamble. European league stages will cover that, as will the transfer fee of McGinn if we sell. Not to mention these players will likely increase in value and become assets to the club like Flo.

Michael
17-07-2018, 07:52 AM
According to Australian press he is currently on the equivalent of just over £8000 per week. Hence my question, is he prepared to take a pay cut?

Wow, didn't realise it was that much. Makes things look difficult.

Winston Ingram
17-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Wow, didn't realise it was that much. Makes things look difficult.

If he's wanting to move, he'll have to take a pay cut as no one will pay him that.

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Hibs are a bigger shop window than the German side. Joining Hibs would be better for his career in the long run i'd have thought despite the drop in wages.

Smartie
17-07-2018, 08:14 AM
We should just splash the cash and spend a half million each on Allan and McLaren. It's a gamble, but very shrewd gamble. European league stages will cover that, as will the transfer fee of McGinn if we sell. Not to mention these players will likely increase in value and become assets to the club like Flo.

These are not signings that will guarantee the group stages though, so we need to be a bit careful when entering "speculate to accumulate" territory.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, just that we should be careful.

Greenworld
17-07-2018, 08:26 AM
We should just splash the cash and spend a half million each on Allan and McLaren. It's a gamble, but very shrewd gamble. European league stages will cover that, as will the transfer fee of McGinn if we sell. Not to mention these players will likely increase in value and become assets to the club like Flo.Looking like we won't have to pay for Allan. As it finally looks like a John mcginn to celtic plus allan plus a loan player.
So we will have a bit of spare cash to use as lennon sees fit

J-C
17-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Efe has taken a paycut to be at Hibs, as has Whittaker, if players want to get regular football and get their careers back on track, they'll take a paycut to do this, pretty sure Stokes was on a lot less than he was at Celtic or Blackburn.

alihibs1
17-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Looks like Jamie is back in Darmstadt - the location on his recent Twitter post. Hopefully that means he's having talks with his manager about his future.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
17-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Looks like Jamie is back in Darmstadt - the location on his recent Twitter post. Hopefully that means he's having talks with his manager about his future.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hopefully, only there long enough to pack his stuff! :greengrin

bingo70
17-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Latest intel from Agent Downunder.

Nobody sure where he’ll end up but Hibs definitely a big shout.

As stated previously Jamie’s first preference is an English Championship club but interest so far...negligible.

Second choice would be a cashed up Middle East club if he can land one

Hibs remain option.

However, just because he WANTS to come to Hibs, doesn’t mean Darmstadt are (a) going to let him. Leave or (b) put a transfer fee on him we can afford.

Think this one will run for a while.....

Interesting, cheers.

IMO there has to come a time we look at other options, we can't let this drag on too long if he has other preferred choices.

Zazu62
17-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Can’t see this happening tbh.

overdrive
17-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Efe has taken a paycut to be at Hibs, as has Whittaker, if players want to get regular football and get their careers back on track, they'll take a paycut to do this, pretty sure Stokes was on a lot less than he was at Celtic or Blackburn.

Ambrose and Whittaker are a bit different though. One had visa issues, so needed a move to a Scottish club and Whittaker was at the end of his career and probably wanted a move back home. I’d be amazed if Efe wasn’t sold either this window or in January.

Maclaren is in his prime.

MyJo
17-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Ambrose and Whittaker are a bit different though. One had visa issues, so needed a move to a Scottish club and Whittaker was at the end of his career and probably wanted a move back home. I’d be amazed if Efe wasn’t sold either this window or in January.

Maclaren is in his prime.

He might be in his prime but he hasn't achieved anything that would earn him a move to the English championship that he craves.

He's already been at Blackburn Rovers as a youngster and didn't make the grade. Had a good scoring record over 4 years in Australia which isn't a particularly good league. Last season made 7 appearances and no goals in the German second division before his successful loan spell with us. Went to the world cup but only after being called up at the last minute for injury cover to one of the weaker squads in the tournament and didn't play.

If he wants a lucrative contract he can sit on the bench at Darmstadt until his contract is up and then hope for the best or he can accept that he is going to earn less money for the next two years but in a happier environment, playing regularly in a higher profile league with much more of an opportunity to get himself a better move to the English leagues.

bigwheel
17-07-2018, 11:02 AM
He might be in his prime but he hasn't achieved anything that would earn him a move to the English championship that he craves.

He's already been at Blackburn Rovers as a youngster and didn't make the grade. Had a good scoring record over 4 years in Australia which isn't a particularly good league. Last season made 7 appearances and no goals in the German second division before his successful loan spell with us. Went to the world cup but only after being called up at the last minute for injury cover to one of the weaker squads in the tournament and didn't play.

If he wants a lucrative contract he can sit on the bench at Darmstadt until his contract is up and then hope for the best or he can accept that he is going to earn less money for the next two years but in a happier environment, playing regularly in a higher profile league with much more of an opportunity to get himself a better move to the English leagues.

you're right - easiest way for him to get to the championship would be to notch 20 goals for us this season......

Ozyhibby
18-07-2018, 04:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180718/364c69e148cbcbfe568facb8cd002e26.jpg
Back at training today with Darmstadt.

18-07-2018, 04:43 PM

Yes but is he happy?

Jim44
18-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Everybody has to go to their work unless they are ill. :cool2:

bod
18-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Yes but is he happy?

on eight grand a week ,he should be

Lago
18-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Yes but is he happy?
£8000 a week won't be unhappy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-07-2018, 04:56 PM

Equally, are is current side , happy to pay him over 8,000 a week if he wants to be somewhere else?

Carheenlea
18-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Hope their training is up to scratch - don`t want an out of shape player coming back when he returns to Easter Road.

Famous Fiver
18-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Did he have the McGinn limp?

Velma Dinkley
18-07-2018, 05:46 PM

Ambrose and Whittaker were both free agents when we signed them so it wasn't possible for them to take cuts on £0 per week.

J-C
18-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Ambrose and Whittaker were both free agents when we signed them so it wasn't possible for them to take cuts on £0 per week.

Eve needed his visa and Whittaker could have got a league 1 side who'd give him more, Efe could've gone abroad for a lot more money instead of signing for us. Point being it's sometimes not all about money

My_Wife_Camille
18-07-2018, 11:35 PM
It was miles different. They were skint, couldn’t afford his value, our direct rivals for the title and he conspired with them to try and bully us into a move for a small % of his value.

McGinn hasn’t gone whining to the press or got pals to do it for him, hasn’t deliberately posed for a photo in a restaurant on on a night out with the team he wants to join nor has he handed in a transfer request.
That’s why I said “in the context that we’re talking”. All the things you mentioned are so far out of context that they are talking about something else completely.

KWJ
19-07-2018, 09:35 AM
If his contract was structured in a way that he had high targets with high reward then he could possibly earn close to that dosh.

Something like a £100,000 bonus for banging in 25 league goals. Or that he receives 10% of any transfer fee, something like that if you believe in yourself.

R'Albin
19-07-2018, 09:45 AM
If his contract was structured in a way that he had high targets with high reward then he could possibly earn close to that dosh.

Something like a £100,000 bonus for banging in 25 league goals. Or that he receives 10% of any transfer fee, something like that if you believe in yourself.

While I agree that we will probably make up for his wage via other means (like a signing on fee), he'd be mad to take the offer there. No player outwith Celtic has scored 25 league goals since Higdon in 12/13.

Billy Whizz
19-07-2018, 09:54 AM

There’s no way in a million years, if he’s on £8k per week, Hibs will be able to make this up
If Jamie wants to join Hibs, he’s going to have to agree something with his current club, and then after that, something that’s fits within our wage structure.
He’s got 2 season left on his contract at Darmstadt, so almost £2m in wages. If he’s not playing for them, they’ll be keen to get him off the wage bill, and save some of this

Think Hibs will be waiting on this been agreed at Darmstadt end, before we can agree something with him, although I’m sure there will have been talks

Souter96Mac
19-07-2018, 10:20 AM
There’s no way in a million years, if he’s on £8k per week, Hibs will be able to make this up
If Jamie wants to join Hibs, he’s going to have to agree something with his current club, and then after that, something that’s fits within our wage structure.
He’s got 2 season left on his contract at Darmstadt, so almost £2m in wages. If he’s not playing for them, they’ll be keen to get him off the wage bill, and save some of this

Think Hibs will be waiting on this been agreed at Darmstadt end, before we can agree something with him, although I’m sure there will have been talks

I think the fact he's contracted for another 2 years, we'll most likely get him on a loan deal. Cover a percentage of his wage, and then revisit the situation next season. Darmstadt won't let him leave on a free, and we won't shell out for him on a permanent.

GloryGlory
19-07-2018, 10:30 AM
I think the fact he's contracted for another 2 years, we'll most likely get him on a loan deal. Cover a percentage of his wage, and then revisit the situation next season. Darmstadt won't let him leave on a free, and we won't shell out for him on a permanent.

Hopefully get some sort of option for a permanent move like Flo, as well.

J-C
19-07-2018, 11:07 AM

Exactly, If he's on 8k as presumed then we can't get near that. He'll be looking at some kind of pay of from Darmstadt and a signing on fee, if we give him around 3k basic and add ons may take him to around 4k, that'll be about as best as we can do. With a pay off and signing fee that should make up some of what he's going to miss from his Darmstadt wage.

erin go bragh
19-07-2018, 11:15 AM

104 weeks at 8k is under a million. 832k .
His club release him and save 800k . We pay him a joining fee plus a salary that fits our wage structure and it will not be miles away from his present 400k salary .

Winston Ingram
19-07-2018, 11:29 AM
104 weeks at 8k is under a million. 832k .
His club release him and save 800k . We pay him a joining fee plus a salary that fits our wage structure and it will not be miles away from his present 400k salary .

If we pay him £4k a week, that's half so it'll be a hell of a push to get him near that.

If for some obscure reason they do release him and give him a payoff, they won't be saving £800k, it'll be nearer £400k if they are to match his lost salary.

I'd imagine part of their reasoning for loaning him to us was to increase his transfer value which i'm sure they feel he did. They were also under pressure from him as he urgently needed game time to enable him to make the Aussie squad.

That pressure is now less and his value has likely increased so i'm baffled as to think why they would pay him to leave.

KWJ
19-07-2018, 12:08 PM
If we pay him £4k a week, that's half so it'll be a hell of a push to get him near that.

If for some obscure reason they do release him and give him a payoff, they won't be saving £800k, it'll be nearer £400k if they are to match his lost salary.

I'd imagine part of their reasoning for loaning him to us was to increase his transfer value which i'm sure they feel he did. They were also under pressure from him as he urgently needed game time to enable him to make the Aussie squad.

That pressure is now less and his value has likely increased so i'm baffled as to think why they would pay him to leave.

Don't think anyone is suggesting they'll pay him to leave by buying out his contract but instead letting him leave for next to nowt and so saving themselves the wages and Jamie gets the move he wants albeit on less money.

My 25 goals thing was pullings number. He could get an increasing sum for 5,10,15,20,25. Be really interesting to see players bonuses.

Scooter
22-07-2018, 10:39 AM
His German team play Huddersfield today. Be interesting to see if he plays

Big_Franck
22-07-2018, 01:02 PM
His German team play Huddersfield today. Be interesting to see if he plays

He's not in their starting 11. The app I use isn't showing subs so I don't know if he's on their bench.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2018, 02:10 PM
I think for the deal to happen all parties have to take a hit. Darmstadt will need to write off their money already spent, Jamie will have to accept he will earn less at Hibs but get more game time in a place where he has settled more and Hibs will have to pay a bit more than they normally would.

woodyhfc4892
22-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Looks to have been brought on as a sub on the 61st minute according to their twitter..

Winston Ingram
22-07-2018, 02:48 PM
Don't think anyone is suggesting they'll pay him to leave by buying out his contract but instead letting him leave for next to nowt and so saving themselves the wages and Jamie gets the move he wants albeit on less money.

My 25 goals thing was pullings number. He could get an increasing sum for 5,10,15,20,25. Be really interesting to see players bonuses.

It’s very rare that players move to other clubs and give up half their salary. He may want to come here but it’ll effectively cost him around £250k to do so.

KWJ
22-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Foresight. What's the chances of getting the same wage after not doing anything in the German 2nd tier for 3 years when he could rebuild his reputation and receive a better deal after.

Gotta have some confidence in yourself.