PDA

View Full Version : martin boyle

Allant1981
13-07-2018, 06:42 AM
Apologies if ive missed anything about him but how good is martin boyle, yes the opposition wasnt great last night but his crossing was really good, he was running back to the left back position sometimes to help out, never stops. Could be another good season for him

SideBurns
13-07-2018, 06:48 AM
What impressed me most was that he was being kicked all over the shop but just kept getting back up and running at them again. Great attitude.

Pretty Boy
13-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Guy next to me said he waa disappointing and never beat his man all night......

Smartie
13-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Boyle is one of our best and most consistent players.

I'm looking forward to him having another good season, he played very well last night.

Hibee Mac
13-07-2018, 06:52 AM
What a signing he's been, improves year on year I love him.

Ronniekirk
13-07-2018, 06:56 AM

When you end up with someone like that next to you , you wonder what enjoyment they get out the game apart from slagging off players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DetroitHibs
13-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Boyle is top notch. Glad he signed an extension last year. Clearly one of Lennon's favorite's, rightly so.

B.H.F.C
13-07-2018, 07:06 AM
Said it before, but I’ve never seen a player improve as much as Boyle.

A couple of seasons ago I wouldn’t be fussed for keeping him. Now he’s first name on the team sheet.

calumhibee1
13-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Boyle is one of our best players. Should start every single game for me. He should also be considered for Scotland.

SMAXXA
13-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Not only one of our best and most do consistent but one of the most consistent players in Scotland imo Celtic will be after him next if they sign the likes of Johnny Hayes

Speedy
13-07-2018, 07:53 AM

A couple of seasons ago I wouldn’t be fussed for keeping him. Now he’s first name on the team sheet.

Agree 100%.

I had him and Keatings in the same bracket, not good enough to start, decent off the bench but if they go I'm not fussed.

happiehibbie
13-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Boyle was good last night. the player that stood out for me was Slivka !

oldbutdim
13-07-2018, 08:14 AM

Wasn't that Hermit Crab fella was it?

I think he has shares in Samaritans the amount of business he must put their way.

1two
13-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Agreed

They were obviously really poor but was I surprised how well they handled boyles pace last night, one of their midfielders was keeping up with him. He just couldn’t get the ball off him so resorted to kicking him.

Scooter
13-07-2018, 08:43 AM
100% fantastic last night. And he's not had a complete full pre Season?? I'm sure I read he has had an injury.

He could be next for the Scotland set up. I don't think there is a player in the Scotland squad like him

Jack Hackett
13-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Agreed

They were obviously really poor but was I surprised how well they handled boyles pace last night, one of their midfielders was keeping up with him. He just couldn’t get the ball off him so resorted to kicking him.

I think the most common phrase I heard on the commentary last night was 'crude tackle'

Stevie Reid
13-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Great attitude and energy, he never stopped all night, which is great for this stage of the season. Very brave also, got kicked up and down last night and didn't shirk anything.

If he keeps delivering final balls like he did last night, we have some player on our hands. Lennon put him on a long deal for good reason - he's getting better and better.

Johnny_Leith
13-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Looks like he's been working on his crossing which was maybe the one area of his game that really needed work.

Going to be a big player for us again this season. I love Boyler.

HiBremian
13-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Guy next to me said he waa disappointing and never beat his man all night......Guy next to me, a Geordie at his first Hibs match, said Boyler was his MoM

Sent from my LENNY3 using Tapatalk

Smartie
13-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Guy next to me, a Geordie at his first Hibs match, said Boyler was his MoM

Sent from my LENNY3 using Tapatalk

He was my MOTM by some distance.

Kamberi and Slivka were next best.

col02
13-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Boyle is class and that cross he put over for Murray to head over was an example of how he's improved year on year at Hibs.

J-C
13-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Boyle was excellent last night and against minnows like last night playing wingback doesn't affect his game as he's actually playing as a winger. We lose some of his attacking threat when we play better teams and he has to do more defending. He has a wonderful engine in him and never stops and being kicked all over the place just seems to make him play better, makes him more determined.

allezsauzee
13-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Huge player for us and Flo will lap up the supply from Martin. I do think that he needs to be played as a winger rather than wing back so that he can spend as much of the game as possible pushed right up against the opposition full back to see him at full effect.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2018, 09:31 AM

The improvement he's made under Lennon has been incredible.

Tug Wilson
13-07-2018, 09:33 AM

People should maybe remember this when writing off Simon Murray. Another player with high energy levels. He is a bit raw but great option off the bench. Players get written off way too quickly by too many people.

Many have written off Slivka because he couldn't shift McGinn and McGeouch from central midfield yet many raving about his display last night.

Christ, one poster started a thread slagging off Mallan at half time.

I know that patience is not a virtue with many football fans but this desire to get on players backs as soon as possible is baffling.

Ell_Chrisso
13-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Boy a few seats along from me last night says he wouldn’t even pay his bus fair. One of the worst Hibs players in past 30 years.

I was like..... 🙈

allezsauzee
13-07-2018, 09:40 AM
People should maybe remember this when writing off Simon Murray. Another player with high energy levels. He is a bit raw but great option off the bench. Players get written off way too quickly by too many people.

Many have written off Slivka because he couldn't shift McGinn and McGeouch from central midfield yet many raving about his display last night.

I know that patience is not a virtue with many football fans but this desire to get on players backs as soon as possible is baffling.

Totally agree with this. I think Slivka will benefit hugely from a run in the team in his best position ie central midfield. I think there is plenty to work on with Simon. His work rate, his pace and there is enough talent in there to score the kind of goals he did against Hearts and Rangers last season.

As for the person slagging off Mallan...what game were they watching? This guy is going to be the new Dylan, dictating from midfield and certainly has a better shot on him.

Smartie
13-07-2018, 10:04 AM

I think part of Murray's problem is where we are now as a club. It's harder for us to carry him whilst he develops whilst we are a club in the top 4, wanting to push for 2nd.

Boyle was allowed to be a bit raw, to miss chances, make mistakes and put in dodgy crosses against Championship teams whilst he improved his technique.

We don't have that luxury so much with Murray, which is a shame because I think there is a very good player in there somewhere, and your comparison between the two is relevant and valid.

I actually thought Murray was honking when he went on last night - the main problem being that he seems to have lost his confidence, composure and looks like he's trying far too hard to make things happen.

Greentinted
13-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Enjoyed watching Boyle and the lad Knudson in direct competition last night...a proper old fashioned wing-half type tussle. Martin, came out on top, but only just.
Like others, I like the manner in which he’s improved. More power to him.

Hibernian Verse
13-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Boy a few seats along from me last night says he wouldn’t even pay his bus fair. One of the worst Hibs players in past 30 years.

I was like..... 🙈

Whilst we're on moronic supporters...I overheard a guy explaining to his Son that our problem is that we can't take points off Rangers or Aberdeen and that's why they finish above us.

AYE OK MATE STICK TO THE ARMCHAIR

Seveno
13-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Boyler has the heart of a lion.

Chic Murray
13-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Love Simon, but at 26 is maybe a bit too old to be seen as a player we can develop, for me.

Stuart93
13-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Had a pop at him on Sunday but was immense last night.