PDA

View Full Version : Their free-kick goal

hibee316
13-07-2018, 06:37 AM
I keep watching it and I can't see a deflection.
Who does it come off? Is there another video angle of it anywhere?

Cheers!

Allant1981
13-07-2018, 06:44 AM
i was sat in the east and had a good view, it definitely took a big deflection

Oscar T Grouch
13-07-2018, 06:46 AM
Angle of the video doesn’t show it but it took a big deflection, had a good view of it.

AlbertK86
13-07-2018, 06:57 AM
Took a massive deflection which isn’t reflected in video highlights.

Big Dan had it covered but it struck a head in the wall and completely changed the trajectory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DetroitHibs
13-07-2018, 06:57 AM
I was watching on Hibs TV and wondered wtf the goalie was doing. Definitely not clear from the camera angle, had to have taken a big deflection though.

BILLYHIBS
13-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Took a deflection from where I was sitting and confirmed by all match reports and accounts goalscorer unknown.

:wink:

#persevered
13-07-2018, 07:58 AM
I think it's the pitchside highlights on hibs tv that shows it. Came off the head of whoever was on the far right of the wall and totally changed direction. Bogdam, no chance.

Alan62
13-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Hanlon's head completely changed the direction. Pitch side highlights on Hibs TV are really interesting. Their keeper's mistake for Mallan's first is even more horrible in slow-mo.

Future17
13-07-2018, 11:57 AM
I think Combe will be having a talk with Bogdan about their goal.

It was a wicked deflection but his positioning and body shape gave him no chance of adjusting to save it.

matty_f
13-07-2018, 12:01 PM
We were sitting in the west upper and it didn't look like it deflected up there, it just looked like Bogdan had had a "Whit's the goalie daein', Tam?" moment, but having watched it again you can see how big a deflection the free kick took.

tamig
13-07-2018, 12:02 PM
I keep watching it and I can't see a deflection.
Who does it come off? Is there another video angle of it anywhere?

Cheers!

I was in the FF right behind it. Huge deflection. No doubt about it.

cabbageandribs1875
13-07-2018, 12:02 PM
great view of it from the east and it did indeed take a big deflection, keeper had no chance

O'Rourke3
13-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Watched from the West Upper (and like Boyds free kick) everyone assumed Bogdan had a mare. Not been on Hibs TV yet but relieved it did take a big deflecton. Keeper wasn't looking pretty otherwise.

SmashinGlass
13-07-2018, 12:53 PM

It was a wicked deflection but his positioning and body shape gave him no chance of adjusting to save it.

Are you having a laugh? Have a look at the HibsTV footage from behind the FK. David De Gea/Courtois and the likes wouldnt have saved that deflection!

cheltenhamhibee
13-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Are you having a laugh? Have a look at the HibsTV footage from behind the FK. David De Gea/Courtois and the likes wouldnt have saved that deflection!

:agree::agree:

Thecat23
13-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Sorry but keeper had no chance and his positioning was perfectly fine. Huge deflection which gave the keeper no chance.

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2018, 01:23 PM

It was a wicked deflection but his positioning and body shape gave him no chance of adjusting to save it.I think Combe would be talking to you if he seen this post.

Allant1981
13-07-2018, 03:12 PM

you kind of answered why combe wont be saying anything to him, it took a wicked deflection at pace giving him no chance of saving it

allyh1bs
13-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Was actually headed backwards/sideways by Paul Hanlon - could be argued it was an own goal, but let’s not bother!

Wilson
13-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Was actually headed backwards/sideways by Paul Hanlon - could be argued it was an own goal, but let’s not bother!

Meant it. Good goal from Paul. Two fingers up to the punters who ducked his testimonial so they could lump the ticket money on a 5-0 scoreline.