PDA

View Full Version : Catering at ER

Hermit Crab
13-07-2018, 02:27 AM
Purchased a couple of what I thought would be tasty pastry delights in the form of Steak pies from the kiosk in the West Upper tonight as I thought the quality may have improved in quality from last season. I also thought catering was getting brought in house but maybe I just imagined reading that somewhere.

The Steak and Gravy Pies (aye right) are still honking! Still the same rock hard pastry on top you need a hammer and chisel to break into, still the same solid edge that burrows deep into to roof of your mouth drawing blood, still the same dried out filling that looks like pedigree chum that Rover wouldn't touch, the erse of the pies are still getting stuck to the foil tin and when you finally break through the outer shell, what they class as the "meat" is so hot you can get 3rd degree burns from it a foot away from your mouth. I found a small bit of bone in mine tonight as well as horrible gristley bits.

2 x steak and gravy pies (:confused:) and 2 x coca colas stung me for £10.80p, shocking price.

Hibs fail badly when it comes to the catering in the stands at least in the West Upper anyway, great stuff on the pitch but crap from kiosks. C'mon Hibs a wee improvement in the catering department please.:aok:

danhibees1875
13-07-2018, 02:52 AM
£10 for 2 pies and cokes wouldn't be too bad if the quality was there.

The quality has always been poor though, and it's pretty much universally expected at football games that catering will be poor.

It's something that Hibs should look at, there is scope to lead the way with better quality food being available at games.

ian cruise
13-07-2018, 02:58 AM
£10 for 2 pies and cokes wouldn't be too bad if the quality was there.

The quality has always been poor though, and it's pretty much universally expected at football games that catering will be poor.

It's something that Hibs should look at, there is scope to lead the way with better quality food being available at games.

In line with cinema or a gig but it needs to be good quality, you can't be serving poor quality for just be a you've a captive audience. So many clubs have had a good standard of catering for a while it's embarrassing ours is still poor (unless HC was just unlucky).

danhibees1875
13-07-2018, 03:33 AM
In line with cinema or a gig but it needs to be good quality, you can't be serving poor quality for just be a you've a captive audience. So many clubs have had a good standard of catering for a while it's embarrassing ours is still poor (unless HC was just unlucky).

I agree. Which clubs have good catering though?

I've found it to be something done pretty poorly across the UK.

Fuzzywuzzy
13-07-2018, 05:00 AM
Get something set up with Greggs. Everyone knows what they're getting

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2018, 05:27 AM
Purchased a couple of what I thought would be tasty pastry delights in the form of Steak pies from the kiosk in the West Upper tonight as I thought the quality may have improved in quality from last season. I also thought catering was getting brought in house but maybe I just imagined reading that somewhere.

The Steak and Gravy Pies (aye right) are still honking! Still the same rock hard pastry on top you need a hammer and chisel to break into, still the same solid edge that burrows deep into to roof of your mouth drawing blood, still the same dried out filling that looks like pedigree chum that Rover wouldn't touch, the erse of the pies are still getting stuck to the foil tin and when you finally break through the outer shell, what they class as the "meat" is so hot you can get 3rd degree burns from it a foot away from your mouth. I found a small bit of bone in mine tonight as well as horrible gristley bits.

2 x steak and gravy pies (:confused:) and 2 x coca colas stung me for £10.80p, shocking price.

Hibs fail badly when it comes to the catering in the stands at least in the West Upper anyway, great stuff on the pitch but crap from kiosks. C'mon Hibs a wee improvement in the catering department please.:aok:

You should have just brought egg mayonnaise rolls with you.

calumhibee1
13-07-2018, 05:44 AM
Get something set up with Greggs. Everyone knows what they're getting

Pish? Greggs isn’t even a step up from whats already there imo. Only difference is that it’s cheaper.

I’ve always wondered, why do people accept cold sausage rolls from Greggs? One of life’s enigmas :greengrin

gordie18
13-07-2018, 05:50 AM
The pies have been rank for years, what we currently get should only be served in the away stand on derby days.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
13-07-2018, 06:19 AM
Surely a Scottish company like Baynes or Stephens would be able to cater matchdays? The quality is there, and they are well priced in the shops. Baynes steak slices are something else

Billy Whizz
13-07-2018, 06:56 AM

Best steak pies in Scotland in my opinion are at Hampden. I’ve given up on trying anything anywhere else now

staunchhibby
13-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Also they were not selling small cups of coke.They would only sell big cups of thisIn spite of the board saying there was both sizes.Another rip off from the caterers in charge.Change badly needed for this service.

IWasThere2016
13-07-2018, 07:10 AM

I ground hop round here and all are streets ahead of us.

Most do a Pie n Pint for £5.50 - £6.50, or Pie, Choc and Juice for £5

Hermit Crab
13-07-2018, 07:11 AM
Surely a Scottish company like Baynes or Stephens would be able to cater matchdays? The quality is there, and they are well priced in the shops. Baynes steak slices are something else

Excellent steak pies.

Mathias Jack
13-07-2018, 07:35 AM

Agreed, how good is a steak bake from Stephens though!

.Sean.
13-07-2018, 07:36 AM
You should have just brought egg mayonnaise rolls with you.
:greengrin

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 07:41 AM
I don't understand why nothing has been done about this. Every now and again this comes up on here and we all go on about how bad the quality is and the price. The food is disgusting and way over priced. Can Tracey or Frank not do something about this. Can the Board of directors not come down for just 1 game and queue like us and taste what we get thrown at us instead of having their coffee and tasty steak pies they get served upstairs. I know people will say just don't buy it and they will soon make changes, that's hard for some people who maybe have come straight from work or just not had time to eat elsewhere or who have kids and family with them. Plus why should we do that, we should have quality food and fair prices like what some other (not all) grounds do. its been promised by hibs for some time now and nothing changes its a joke. They say come to Easter road and enjoy the Family Experience but don't care what go's on at the Kiosks. All I'm asking is for each member of the board to come down at half time and split up and queue around different kiosks and experience what we have to put up with. Surly that's not to much to ask Tracey and Frank to put forward.

cleanyman
13-07-2018, 07:52 AM
I rarely eat at the football.

My cousin is over from Germany however so we had a quick bite and he described at the worst food he's ever had at a sporting event. He got a pizza which looked awful and I got a pie that was so bad I binned it.

Fuzzywuzzy
13-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Pish? Greggs isn’t even a step up from whats already there imo. Only difference is that it’s cheaper.

I’ve always wondered, why do people accept cold sausage rolls from Greggs? One of life’s enigmas :greengrin

Don't get me wrong, Greggs is **** but got to be better than what we have. Who can argue with £2 for a bacon roll and cup of coffee!!

Bob1875
13-07-2018, 08:05 AM
Fiver for a coke and chips FFS. On another note I was a tenner for a full pizza from la favorita before the game. Quite tasty 👍🏼

GreenCastle
13-07-2018, 08:12 AM
I don't understand why nothing has been done about this. Every now and again this comes up on here and we all go on about how bad the quality is and the price. The food is disgusting and way over priced. Can Tracey or Frank not do something about this. Can the Board of directors not come down for just 1 game and queue like us and taste what we get thrown at us instead of having their coffee and tasty steak pies they get served upstairs. I know people will say just don't buy it and they will soon make changes, that's hard for some people who maybe have come straight from work or just not had time to eat elsewhere or who have kids and family with them. Plus why should we do that, we should have quality food and fair prices like what some other (not all) grounds do. its been promised by hibs for some time now and nothing changes its a joke. They say come to Easter road and enjoy the Family Experience but don't care what go's on at the Kiosks. All I'm asking is for each member of the board to come down at half time and split up and queue around different kiosks and experience what we have to put up with. Surly that's not to much to ask Tracey and Frank to put forward.

:agree:

It's been very bad for a long time.

The quality of food - the prices - the service are all terrible and not Hibs class.

Along with the sound system / tannoy at ER this has been an issue for a long time and neglected.

Fully agree it's to do with the match day experience but but fall short of the money we pay to attend.

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 08:14 AM
I went to the Linlithgow rose game and got 2 x steak pies and a cold can of coke and got change from a fiver. The pies were quality with chucks of steak and a lovely gravy (not like the dried up dog food in the pies we serve)

How can most other clubs do this and make a profit? or is it the case we can but Hibs don't give a sh*t

Billy Whizz
13-07-2018, 08:16 AM

I’m sure they read it, so will be interesting to get some sort of update
This has been going for far too long at ER, and to be fair, at most football Grounds in Scotland

Iain G
13-07-2018, 08:34 AM
I’m sure they read it, so will be interesting to get some sort of update
This has been going for far too long at ER, and to be fair, at most football Grounds in Scotland

It can't be that hard to get better quality food, add in some healthier options and better organisation than they have at ER?

jonny
13-07-2018, 08:35 AM

My kids were playing on the pitch at Dunfermline last season and they have Stephens the baker's in the kiosk.
I realise there's considerably less people to serve at East End but shows that yes, it can be done.

Ritchie
13-07-2018, 08:37 AM
All the pies are terrible at Easter Road - soggy bottom!

eastmainsmsh
13-07-2018, 08:40 AM
The coke went off last night and me n laddie missed flos penalty lol grub good tho

we are hibs
13-07-2018, 08:43 AM
The pies must be the biggest selling food so you would think they'd at least make an effort to sort them out. They obviously know it is rank seeing as they were selling foods from the pizza fans outside last season. I'd also question whether the people saying the catering side of things will improve every year have actually ever tasted anything from it.

Famous Fiver
13-07-2018, 08:45 AM
The pies were cold last night in Main Stand. No hot ones available at all. How does that work? Do they not have electricity to heat them up?

Server couldn't work the till. First attempt at two pies and a tray of what was supposed to be chips came up at £ 10 odds. When I challenged it she was confused. I asked her to multiply £2.40 ( the price of each item) by three but that was beyond her. Eventually she got the till to agree with me but took fully five minutes. No wonder they have long queues.

Go to any junior ground and you'll get a couple of lovely hot pies and a cup of bovril/tea and get change of a fiver served by someone who is right on the button.

Hibs and/or the catering company need to get their act together or do they just look on us as mug punters to be fleeced?

cabbageandribs1875
13-07-2018, 08:48 AM
i saw a seagull spitting out a bit of pie, it should be thankful it didn't get robbed by a kiosk till

oldbutdim
13-07-2018, 08:50 AM
I'm in the FF Upper and usually get coffees pre match, pies and bovril in the cold weather.

You can't go much wrong with pouring hot water into the pre-made bovril or coffee, but the pies are usually poor to 'all right' but rarely good.

However, the kids serving are always polite and even wished me a "Enjoy the game" last night after my purchase.

Hiber-nation
13-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Been to a lot of grounds over the past few seasons and Hibs catering stands out a mile as the worst, both for quality and value for money.

Can't quite understand why nothing has been done about this considering all the complaints over the years.

The Green Goblin
13-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Greggs food is a lot better than some posters are giving them credit for. They do decent sandwiches too.

The other advantage in having them in is that you would get transfer rumours with your food.

HiBremian
13-07-2018, 08:55 AM
This is exactly the kind of issue that needs fan control, instead of hospitality lifestyle control, to get sorted. Any of the complainers on here not yet joined HSL?

Sent from my LENNY3 using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
13-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Last time I was down in Derby, Pride Park had Greggs in their stadium. You would assume Greggs would bring their own equipment in which would cook the food better. I think it is easier for smaller clubs to get the food right because they're not dealing with 1000s of people. What I think Greggs would give you is consistency. Just now the quality of the pie you get depends on which oven it comes out of, how long it has been sitting and not just down to the actual quality of the product which by the sounds of it is pretty bad. I sat next to someone eating a steak pie last night and it looked and smelt like dog food, so the quality on the base product is not there to start with. Hibs keep telling us their are going to do something about it and they may well have changed things (bringing the staff in house) but they have not changed the quality of the product or the experience. It is 2018 and there are plenty of professionals who can do stadium food really well, so you have to assume the club are happy to offer rubbish and charge over the odds for it, which is disappointing. If they want a good match day experience they need to make sure the food offered is at least edible, the choice is good for everyone and it is reasonably priced. Just now they often don't meet any of these basics. Catering is not rocket science, if you are organised and know what you are doing then it is doable, when catering for large numbers you need to be alert, expect things to go wrong and have contingencies when they do. Above all you need to have good quality products. While the club are succeeding in many areas they are failing the fans with what they offer in terms of food and beverages.

superfurryhibby
13-07-2018, 09:22 AM
The catering is a farce at Hibs and is the kind of thing that should have been resolved long before now. We have a thread like this every now and then and people offer a range of ideas which seem achievable and would address the issue. Nothing happens, ever!

Forget in house for the kiosks, give it to Greggs or someone else who can produce pies and sandwiches at a reasonable price and taste OK. We should also have pop up stands selling a bit of variety around the ground, open that up to smaller traders and promote quality and variety.

ChrissyG1875
13-07-2018, 09:37 AM
I went down to reading last season to see derby play and had the nicest pie I've ever had at a football game. It genuinely tasted like something you'd get at a farmers market or something.

The food at ER is over priced garbage but the queues are always massive so at the prices they sell at and I'm assuming it's the cheapest food possible I'm not surprised they don't change anything unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DR1875
13-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Why don't they lease out areas in each stand to we'll known companies such as Subway, Greggs and McDonald's. Hibs get a cut of the trading profits and they get stadium advertising. Oh and a decent coffee, the one out that ready made cup is terrible!

Winston Ingram
13-07-2018, 09:43 AM
I remember speaking about this in the working together group 3 years ago and the plan was to bin the current caterers at the end of that season. Somehow they have clung on.

Tbf always admired our Steak Pie's need to be eaten upside down to ensure the arse doesn't fall out of it.

The disappointing thing is it is a potentially huge source of income for us if we can get it right.

The Modfather
13-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Are the supporters reps rolls (pun intended) still in existence? Putting aside the merits of said roles, can we get this issue raised again with the club, for the umpteenth time no doubt. Hopefully this time we see some improvement.

Bought a sausage roll last night which was ok, but the scotch pie was only edible drowned in brown sauce to mask the uncooked layers of flour sitting on top.

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Just been in contact with Tracey about this is she is going to check in a later today as she is out just now. I myself put over my views about this and she wants us fans all to put their views about the catering over to her in writing or email or even just add your views on here and she will send the link over. I think we need to all try and do this as its not going to change unless we let them know our views. Tracey was very understanding and I'm for one going to do what's she asked me to do so Hibs will listen. We managed to get the club shop in house after our complaints next we have to sort this catering out. If we are all going to just have a wee moan now and again then keep buying this rubbish NOTHING will change. The one thing that does annoy me is, after being to many AGM's and meetings where this catering complaint comes up Hibs keep saying they are working on it or they can't do nothing just now as the catering firm are still in contract. Why do Hibs they keep renewing their contract when they know the fans aren't happy ?.

Jamesie
13-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Got to the ground fairly late last night from work and didn't have a chance to grab a La Favorita slice. Got to half time and was starving but the van had gone and the kiosk pizza slices looked pretty unappealing so decided to go for a pie. Chicken curry had sold out so went for steak. Had to take it back after biting into it and realising it was mince. Replacement was no problem but it fell apart pretty quickly and it's never ideal to see the innards of a pie but there was precious little steak in there. Ate the crust and left the contents for the seagulls.

Itsnoteasy
13-07-2018, 11:07 AM
Catering has been overly priced & appalling for years.
So why do people continually use it then moan on Hibs.net on a weekly basis.
Dunfermline FC Stephens birdies are excellent & well priced.

Leith's finest
13-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Who was it that supplied the pies about 15/20 years ago when we were wining awards for them,if i remember correctly we were better than brownings killie pies

macca70
13-07-2018, 11:19 AM
The catering at ER is an absolute disgrace, the prices for the quality you get is shocking. Never normally use the kiosks but decided to get a slice of pizza last night, no Cheese & Tomato pizza, only pepperoni. £1 more to have 4 circular mega thin slices of Pepperoni!! £4.20 for a slice of the worst quality pizza you’ll ever eat!!

pollution
13-07-2018, 11:20 AM
The last thing any club wants to do is get involved in mass catering. It is not their speciality, so to speak.

It is much easier to rent the spectators' catering kiosks to an outside event caterer.

Hibs know the quality is not good but as long as fans queue match after match they will continue in this way.

The only good food is not available to the public at ER.

Diclonius
13-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Can't remember the last time I bought anything other than water at catering at a football ground let alone Hibs. The whole industry is a scam.

Phil MaGlass
13-07-2018, 11:28 AM
What I don´t get is, you/we keep buying it, KNOWING it is substandard bog awful quality and then complain about it. The club does nothing and yet you/we come back again and buy the same **** AGAIN, if you/we stopped buying the **** the club might get the idea.
Just don´t buy it.

Start a boycott,hand out small flyers,picket the pie stands, there seems to be enough folk on here unhappy enough to start one, maybe then they will take notice.

LustForLeith
13-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Really grudge paying the prices for the low standard of food on offer. Feel for the staff as they’re probably temps but they could do with trying to recruit staff week in week out. At a Hibs Kids game last season the poor girl behind the counter wasn’t sure what she was doing and tried to charge us three quid for a packet of quavers!

bingo70
13-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Really grudge paying the prices for the low standard of food on offer. Feel for the staff as they’re probably temps but they could do with trying to recruit staff week in week out. At a Hibs Kids game last season the poor girl behind the counter wasn’t sure what she was doing and tried to charge us three quid for a packet of quavers!

Was there maybe a sale on for Hibs Kids day?

Michael
13-07-2018, 11:34 AM
The folk that work there also lack training. I asked for a cup of tea and the guy filled the cup up with water and handed me the tea bag separately like it was a wee side dish or something!

bingo70
13-07-2018, 11:41 AM
FWIW i think the catering is fine.

For want of a better phrase 'it is what it is'......Mass produced food designed to fill a wee hole for guys that go for a few pints before a game and don't pick up any lunch or for kids that probably aren't even hungry but want to waste a bit time getting some rubbish to eat.

Of course it's grossly overpriced but that's what happens at events, whether it's a sporting event, concert or any other place that is selling to large crowds. I suppose the extra price is the price to pay for convenience, if you don't want to pay it go somewhere else before the game and get something better value, doing so is more often than not a hassle though.

I'd hope Hibs don't waste any time or resources trying to fix this issue as people will, IMO, never be happy anyway when it comes to food.

GreenCastle
13-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Why don't they lease out areas in each stand to we'll known companies such as Subway, Greggs and McDonald's. Hibs get a cut of the trading profits and they get stadium advertising. Oh and a decent coffee, the one out that ready made cup is terrible!

It would make more sense to have more choice under each stand - similar to airports etc.

A decent coffee place - a trustworthy food place for pies / sausage rolls and maybe something for burgers / chips and something for healthier options ?

I also think they should introduce recycling bins at the stadium and encourage fans to use them more - would hit the BBC news I'm sure if we started an initiative to make our stadium more eco - friendly.

They should also introduce water fountains though obviously cups wouldn't be environmentally friendly.

BoomtownHibees
13-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Best catering last season was St Johnstone. The steak pies were quality!!

Fuzzywuzzy
13-07-2018, 11:55 AM
The pizzas look rank. I haven't seen anything like that since clerrys greasy gallo was still about. And the hot dogs are about a fiver? A hot dog that is the arse end of whatever and reconstituted

Lago
13-07-2018, 12:08 PM
To think I would on occasion complain about the old Bovril & Pie stand on the old East terrace. Happy days of yester year. 😁

staunchhibby
13-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Overpriced poor quality food on offer.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 12:13 PM
It would make more sense to have more choice under each stand - similar to airports etc.

A decent coffee place - a trustworthy food place for pies / sausage rolls and maybe something for burgers / chips and something for healthier options ?

I also think they should introduce recycling bins at the stadium and encourage fans to use them more - would hit the BBC news I'm sure if we started an initiative to make our stadium more eco - friendly.

They should also introduce water fountains though obviously cups wouldn't be environmentally friendly.

Jeezo, It's football team we're meant to be running here, not a food hall.

The catering side is open for a couple of hours roughly once a fortnight, i can't help but think you're putting too much thought into it.

matty_f
13-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Agree with this, for a long time I've just refused to buy anything from the kiosks.

I fundamentally object to being massively over-charged (and they do overcharge at an inexcusable level) for stuff that isn't even close to being good enough to be considered half-way worth the money.

There is nothing on offer from the kiosks that represents value for money, and I'd bet that the kids serving are being paid the lowest wage the caterers can get away with.

I hate it when I go to gigs and they charge over the odds for food and drink and I hate it even more when it's happening at my own club.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Agree with this, for a long time I've just refused to buy anything from the kiosks.

I fundamentally object to being massively over-charged (and they do overcharge at an inexcusable level) for stuff that isn't even close to being good enough to be considered half-way worth the money.

There is nothing on offer from the kiosks that represents value for money, and I'd bet that the kids serving are being paid the lowest wage the caterers can get away with.

I hate it when I go to gigs and they charge over the odds for food and drink and I hate it even more when it's happening at my own club.

It happens everywhere though Matty, why are you so surprised to find it at Easter Road?

The food is over priced, of course it is, however i'd say it's in line with all over priced junk food you get at any event catering for a lot of people.

All industries are so competitive now, if they were making huge margins then i'm sure one of there competitors would under cut them when bidding for the contract. (assuming it's outsourced)

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Jeezo, It's football team we're meant to be running here, not a food hall.

The catering side is open for a couple of hours roughly once a fortnight, i can't help but think you're putting too much thought into it.

The Catering is a big part of running a football club and brings in a lot of extra cash for the football club. Just look at the hospitality side. If its only a couple of hours once a fortnight why do fans pay for the hospitality side of it ?

I bet they don't serve the same pies etc.. upstairs. Naw cos nobody would be there and the club would lose a lot of cash. Hibernian keep advertising come to Easter Road and enjoy the Whole Matchday Experience and that includes Catering.

WhileTheChief..
13-07-2018, 12:37 PM
The pies in the west upper are sound and have been for years. I always get one before kickoff and they’re piping hot and don’t bare any resemblance to the OPs description!!

Too many folk watch endless Jamie and Nigella shows and want gourmet food everywhere!!

Scotch pie and a bovril. Ditch everything else.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 12:47 PM
The Catering is a big part of running a football club and brings in a lot of extra cash for the football club. Just look at the hospitality side. If its only a couple of hours once a fortnight why do fans pay for the hospitality side of it ?

I bet they don't serve the same pies etc.. upstairs. Naw cos nobody would be there and the club would lose a lot of cash. Hibernian keep advertising come to Easter Road and enjoy the Whole Matchday Experience and that includes Catering.

That's business though. Big wigs paying the money for corporate are getting a better standard of food as they're paying for it.

I know this will sound like i'm nit picking but for me, the days of clubs getting a lot of money from catering are gone, they'll make their money from selling the catering contracts.

I don't know the company that do the catering however if they are offering Hibs a better deal financially than an eco friendly ethical company that would sell healthy food at a reasonable price to supporters then Hibs should be going for the company offering the most money.

The catering won't be a deciding factor whether people go to games or not.

If it really is that big a deal to people, they simply shouldn't buy it. It genuinely is that simple, i don't see the fuss.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 12:47 PM
The pies in the west upper are sound and have been for years. I always get one before kickoff and they’re piping hot and don’t bare any resemblance to the OPs description!!

Too many folk watch endless Jamie and Nigella shows and want gourmet food everywhere!!

Amen.....

Jamesie
13-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Can't remember the last time I bought anything other than water at catering at a football ground let alone Hibs. The whole industry is a scam.

I live near the ground and if I'd have had time to go home after work I would have eaten there - that was the first time I bought a pie at ER in a number of years. Suspect there is a shallow pool of bokers who can supply pastry goods on an industrial scale as required for a football match but I wish Storries on Leith Walk could and was the supplier to Hibs!

Beefster
13-07-2018, 12:51 PM
All the pies are terrible at Easter Road - soggy bottom!

Yup. The balti pies are about as good as it gets at ER but the bottom of them is inevitably a soggy mess.

monarch
13-07-2018, 01:01 PM
I live near the ground and if I'd have had time to go home after work I would have eaten there - that was the first time I bought a pie at ER in a number of years. Suspect there is a shallow pool of bokers who can supply pastry goods on an industrial scale as required for a football match but I wish Storries on Leith Walk could and was the supplier to Hibs!

The ER pies certainly give me the boke.

matty_f
13-07-2018, 01:03 PM
It happens everywhere though Matty, why are you so surprised to find it at Easter Road?

The food is over priced, of course it is, however i'd say it's in line with all over priced junk food you get at any event catering for a lot of people.

All industries are so competitive now, if they were making huge margins then i'm sure one of there competitors would under cut them when bidding for the contract. (assuming it's outsourced)

Not surprised at all, but just because it happens everywhere we should accept it?

People don't have to eat at the football, in the same way we don't have to buy popcorn at the cinema, but for some it's part of the experience (or could be, if done right.)

I want Hibs to be better, when I go to a gig, Noel Gallagher (or whoever) doesn't know I've been to see him however many times, but Hibs do.

I don't invest emotionally or financially in other events in the same way I do with Hibs, and I would be amazed if I'm unique in that regard.

When I go to the SECC or wherever, I don't buy the overpriced crap unless I have to (i.e. if I want a pint, I've no choice but to buy it there when I'm there) but at least when they're doing it they're doing it to folk who are pretty faceless to them.

None of us are faceless to Hibs, they know who (by and large) who is coming to the games. They can make the match day experience better - when I was wee I used to love a pie and a Bovril and had related that to going to the football.

My son doesn't have that, the stuff is crap and overpriced and poorly served.

It's not good enough, and to be honest, using other rip-off merchants as a reason to just let it slide, isn't doing it for me.

Santa Cruz
13-07-2018, 01:09 PM

You're right, the pies upstairs are excellent. Nae idea why they don't sell them at the kiosks. If they were ordering a lot more from their contractor's to stock the kiosks, they could negotiate a reduced cost on the contract for increasing the order. I cannae even look at the pizza when my bairn is scoffing it, looks absolutely rank, and a rip off to boot.

hibeerealist
13-07-2018, 01:13 PM

very good point, over to you LD or even RP !!!

bingo70
13-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Not surprised at all, but just because it happens everywhere we should accept it?

People don't have to eat at the football, in the same way we don't have to buy popcorn at the cinema, but for some it's part of the experience (or could be, if done right.)

I want Hibs to be better, when I go to a gig, Noel Gallagher (or whoever) doesn't know I've been to see him however many times, but Hibs do.

I don't invest emotionally or financially in other events in the same way I do with Hibs, and I would be amazed if I'm unique in that regard.

When I go to the SECC or wherever, I don't buy the overpriced crap unless I have to (i.e. if I want a pint, I've no choice but to buy it there when I'm there) but at least when they're doing it they're doing it to folk who are pretty faceless to them.

None of us are faceless to Hibs, they know who (by and large) who is coming to the games. They can make the match day experience better - when I was wee I used to love a pie and a Bovril and had related that to going to the football.

It's not good enough, and to be honest, using other rip-off merchants as a reason to just let it slide, isn't doing it for me.

I just assume they are all over priced as catering tenders must be so competitive.

I don't think all these companies are making vast sums of money from these deals (although i'm sure they're profitable companies).

These places are probably only really busy for 15 minutes a fortnight and have a 10 minute pre-match steady custom. I'd guess that's probably not reflected in the price they have to pay for the rights to win the contract. If they served the nicest and healthiest food known to man for a fraction of the price......they'd still be busy for around 15 minutes a fortnight. They need to serve the cheapest food they can get for the most expensive price they can get away with. Looking at the queues at half time in most games they've probably got the balance about right, even if a lot of people don't like it.

All of the above is said with absolutely zero knowledge of the catering industry by the way, i am however a fat ******* than enjoys eating pies and very bored at work.

Killiehibbie
13-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Been boycotting pie hut for years and doesn't look like it's getting any better.

matty_f
13-07-2018, 01:42 PM
I just assume they are all over priced as catering tenders must be so competitive.

I don't think all these companies are making vast sums of money from these deals (although i'm sure they're profitable companies).

These places are probably only really busy for 15 minutes a fortnight and have a 10 minute pre-match steady custom. I'd guess that's probably not reflected in the price they have to pay for the rights to win the contract. If they served the nicest and healthiest food known to man for a fraction of the price......they'd still be busy for around 15 minutes a fortnight. They need to serve the cheapest food they can get for the most expensive price they can get away with. Looking at the queues at half time in most games they've probably got the balance about right, even if a lot of people don't like it.

All of the above is said with absolutely zero knowledge of the catering industry by the way, i am however a fat ******* than enjoys eating pies and very bored at work.
I'm also a fat ******* bored at work, and I get the economics around profiting from a short window of opportunity but I don't think that has to mean that it's ok to fleece the customer for a substandard product.

Surely there's a point where both parties are happy - £1.50 is probably still more than a pie from somewhere like Greggs but if it was a good pie then people wouldn't mind paying for it.

Cheap isn't good if the quality is still crap, you want to feel like you're getting value for money - that's not Impossible to achieve and still make a profit.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 01:48 PM
I'm also a fat ******* bored at work, and I get the economics around profiting from a short window of opportunity but I don't think that has to mean that it's ok to fleece the customer for a substandard product.

Surely there's a point where both parties are happy - £1.50 is probably still more than a pie from somewhere like Greggs but if it was a good pie then people wouldn't mind paying for it.

Cheap isn't good if the quality is still crap, you want to feel like you're getting value for money - that's not Impossible to achieve and still make a profit.

Without knowing the overheads involved i'm not sure we can know the answer to that.

Anyway, i think you (and everyone) gets my point, if any of you can find a way of getting good food at good prices that no other catering professional has managed to find for any event in the world ever good luck to you and you'll find me at the front of the queue.

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Amen :agree:

HelmutSchlong
13-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Personally, if the decision was left to me I'd get a deal in place with Baines!!

*Baines at Stenhoose cross, not to be mixed up with Baynes the chain

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 01:59 PM

My point exactly, I don't mind paying over the odds if its a better quality. As I said smaller grounds maybe need more money than us to survive in this game but can deliver quality steak pies etc and still make a good profit. So why can't we? our food must be the worst in Scotland, me and my friends go to all games home and away and i'm sure we are the worst.

Last Minute
13-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Without knowing the overheads involved i'm not sure we can know the answer to that.

Anyway, i think you (and everyone) gets my point, if any of you can find a way of getting good food at good prices that no other catering professional has managed to find for any event in the world ever good luck to you and you'll find me at the front of the queue.

I don't think you've listened to the other posters on here. Just about every other football ground in Scotland has better quality food and prices than Easter road.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 02:07 PM
I don't think you've listened to the other posters on here. Just about every other football ground in Scotland has better quality food and prices than Easter road.

Much of a muchness in my experience although i appreciate there's a lot more people with a lot more experience of going to more grounds and experiencing these things than i do.

cam75
13-07-2018, 02:21 PM

I’ve been in the home end in Aberdeen and they have a local baker stand doing pies,stovies etc very tasty and decent price.

Hibeewilly
13-07-2018, 02:33 PM
I went to the Linlithgow rose game and got 2 x steak pies and a cold can of coke and got change from a fiver. The pies were quality with chucks of steak and a lovely gravy (not like the dried up dog food in the pies we serve)

How can most other clubs do this and make a profit? or is it the case we can but Hibs don't give a sh*t
The Bridies at Linlithgow were ace...…..a Rose guy said they use a local butcher....time Hibs did the same ……..the catering in the stands is utter gash and ridiculously expensive.

superfurryhibby
13-07-2018, 03:05 PM

I don’t think that ‘s the case, if you’ve read any of the replies.

Pie and bovril, great choice for vegetarians that ain’t.

WhileTheChief..
13-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Yeah I’d probably just ban vegetarians to keep things simple.

Maybe sell cheese n onion crisps?

CLASS OF 72 -73
13-07-2018, 03:18 PM

I have had the privilege of getting into the players lounge once and once with the SPFL team scouts and both occasions the pies were exceptional and not the rubbish we are being served up as ordinary punters. Double standards and agree representatives should raise this until they get a suitable response.

HelmutSchlong
13-07-2018, 03:26 PM
I have had the privilege of getting into the players lounge once and once with the SPFL team scouts and both occasions the pies were exceptional and not the rubbish we are being served up as ordinary punters. Double standards and agree representatives should raise this until they get a suitable response.

Possibly an issue the fans reps could raise to the powers that be?

The lounge pies years ago used to provide the miniature Bells pies, they were later upgraded to the full size efforts but last couple of times I went there was none! Just tea and biscuits, considering we got pumped 3-0 from Morton last time I’d have had more fun getting my tea and biscuits giving blood

pollution
13-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Look, we are in the ground for two hours max. Do we need to eat anything? There are chip shops etc on the way to the game

so get value for money better food en route. Stop spending money on the kiosks in the ground

and the club will take notice. It really is as simple as that!

SChibs
13-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Maybe the catering would improve if people stopped buying stuff from the kiosks. That way they would be forced to improve or they wouldn't sell anything?

LustForLeith
13-07-2018, 04:58 PM
FWIW i think the catering is fine.

For want of a better phrase 'it is what it is'......Mass produced food designed to fill a wee hole for guys that go for a few pints before a game and don't pick up any lunch or for kids that probably aren't even hungry but want to waste a bit time getting some rubbish to eat.

Of course it's grossly overpriced but that's what happens at events, whether it's a sporting event, concert or any other place that is selling to large crowds. I suppose the extra price is the price to pay for convenience, if you don't want to pay it go somewhere else before the game and get something better value, doing so is more often than not a hassle though.

I'd hope Hibs don't waste any time or resources trying to fix this issue as people will, IMO, never be happy anyway when it comes to food.

It might be fine if you’ve ever thought it was acceptable to boil a pot noddle with a kettle in the comfort of you’re own living room, but for us folk with standards it’s not acceptable!

😉

SChibs
13-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Just do something similar to Aberdeen and get a food van in on match days. It was a wee bit expensive but it seemed like decent enough food

whiskas
13-07-2018, 06:58 PM
As well as the food not being great the tills are totally old-fashioned - the servers key in the prices manually from what I can tell rather than pushing a button or scanning a barcode. That and the lack of cashless option mean the queues move much more slowly than need be. I missed the 5th goal last night despite being in the concourse pretty much straight away and the queue only having about 10 people in it.
The staff training /retention seems pretty poor too- you’ve generally got 2 or 3 who know what they’re doing while hand-holding a rookie who hasn’t seen a till in their life

Colr
13-07-2018, 07:06 PM
I paid £8 at Wembley for a burger that seemed to comprise a tramps insole served in a sanitary towel and garnished with kitten sick!!

HelmutSchlong
13-07-2018, 07:07 PM
The staff training /retention seems pretty poor too- you’ve generally got 2 or 3 who know what they’re doing while hand-holding a rookie who hasn’t seen a till in their life

Don’t even go there. Couple of seasons back I got served by a young guy, must have been a foreign exchange student or something as it was a saga trying to pay and recieve my change. To add insult to injury I ordered a coke and he tried to put a Bovril lid on my coke, he was adamant this was going to fit even after I told him not to worry. Eventually he conceded

The training the staff recieve from what I’ve experienced as a customer is nothing short of abysmal

Hermit Crab
13-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Personally, if the decision was left to me I'd get a deal in place with Baines!!

Baines dont do steak pies, only mutton, the baynes chain steak pies are excellent and would go down a treat.

Keith_M
13-07-2018, 07:13 PM
The food at ER is garbage and the service is nearly always incredibly slow.

I had thought the club were supposed to be doing something about this but it appears nothing's changed.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2018, 07:24 PM

I had thought the club were supposed to be doing something about this but it appears nothing's changed.

Like I said in the OP the catering was supposed to have been replaced by now but it appears to have slipped under the radar.

LustForLeith
14-07-2018, 07:18 AM
Would be good if this was taken up by the fans reps.

Winston Ingram
14-07-2018, 07:45 AM

They are great but I suspect we’d be wide open to health and safety lawsuits when the scalding gravy pisses out of them and people slipping on spilt gravy all about the ground

Jones28
14-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Look, we are in the ground for two hours max. Do we need to eat anything? There are chip shops etc on the way to the game

so get value for money better food en route. Stop spending money on the kiosks in the ground

and the club will take notice. It really is as simple as that!

A good point. Vote with your feet. There must be half a dozen bakeries and another half a dozen chippies within a mile of ER. Go there instead and get value for money.

Jack
14-07-2018, 07:46 AM
I'd imagine for many of the staff the other night would have been their first time, maybe second. I'd be happy to give them a bit of slack while they settle in.

As for the 'food' it's had so many second chances. The Working Together type groups have been bringing up [sic] (lol) the food since before Leeanns days and it still seems to be as bad, or worse!

Hibs are fully aware of all the problems, their supporters feelings mentioned here and have been for 7 or 8 years or more. The hierarchy at the club now have performed miracles the past few years transforming a failing club into a very successful club. It surely can't be beyond their abilities to arrange for a hot edible pie to be served effectively at a reasonable cost.

Having said that there's been invitations to supporters to discuss food issues pre match on at least a couple of occasions ... and no-one turned up!

SRHibs
14-07-2018, 07:48 AM
If they had a manager on the floor things would probably improve a lot. The kids working there clearly aren’t trained properly. The pies would no doubt be fine if they were cooked at the right temperature and weren’t pulled out the oven early because it’s busy.

Keith_M
14-07-2018, 07:59 AM
I'd imagine for many of the staff the other night would have been their first time, maybe second. I'd be happy to give them a bit of slack while they settle in.

You've no idea how many times I've been standing for ages, in a very short queue, to hear "it's only his/her first day". That's in the middle of the season, so there seems to be a serious problem with staff turnover.

I woudln't get your hopes up too much of an improvement as we get further into the season.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of sympathy for these young kids struggling with a new job, but the high turnover needs to be looked at.

Colr
14-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Back in the old days, the choice was a mutton pie and tea or oxo.

Not too difficult to mess up.

The Green Goblin
14-07-2018, 08:21 AM
A good point. Vote with your feet. There must be half a dozen bakeries and another half a dozen chippies within a mile of ER. Go there instead and get value for money.

I would prefer it if Hibs got it right so I could give my money to them.

Since90+2
14-07-2018, 08:33 AM
The pies are no that bad, just overpriced.

Jones28
14-07-2018, 08:41 AM
I would prefer it if Hibs got it right so I could give my money to them.

It's all outsourced anyway, income to the club is minimal was my understanding

Mango Man
14-07-2018, 08:47 AM

They are incredibly slow, before the game started the other night, there was maybe 4 people ahead of me, all getting hot drinks, took over 10 minutes, I asked for a ribena, the guy couldn't understand me, after 4 attempts, I just went for a Capri sun.

Colr
14-07-2018, 08:48 AM
They are incredibly slow, before the game started the other night, there was maybe 4 people ahead of me, all getting hot drinks, took over 10 minutes, I asked for a ribena, the guy couldn't understand me, after 4 attempts, I just went for a Capri sun.

This is a problem with all football grounds I’ve attended. They seem to be completely unprepared for the eventuality that lots of people will want fed at half time!

Silky
14-07-2018, 08:59 AM
This is a problem with all football grounds I’ve attended. They seem to be completely unprepared for the eventuality that lots of people will want fed at half time!

That's part of the reason I've given up on it. On Thursday I took a wee rucksack with snacks and cartons of juice for the kids. I can't be bothered with the queues and rip off prices for substandard food. And it's only a couple of hours I'm in the ground for, not eating any of that deal ain't going to kill me!

IWasThere2016
14-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I paid £8 at Wembley for a burger that seemed to comprise a tramps insole served in a sanitary towel and garnished with kitten sick!!

Yup.. vile and extortionate

staunchhibby
14-07-2018, 09:38 AM
I buy my pies from Lawsons.Excellent quality and half the price.

Fuzzywuzzy
14-07-2018, 11:44 AM
I buy my pies from Lawsons.Excellent quality and half the price.

Uphall Lawson? Cracking pies especially steak ashets. They do a nice steak baguette at the uphall one as well

staunchhibby
14-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Yup thats the one

traceyhibs
14-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Hi,

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has been passed to the catering company and they have been asked to improve on the issues raised.

As improvements can be gradual it would be good to get your feedback again at the end of August where we will have by then had another 3 Home games.

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Baines dont do steak pies, only mutton, the baynes chain steak pies are excellent and would go down a treat.

I can assure you Bains at Stenhouse Cross do steak pies.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has been passed to the catering company and they have been asked to improve on the issues raised.

As improvements can be gradual it would be good to get your feedback again at the end of August where we will have by then had another 3 Home games.

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Thanks for the response and that's great but this has been an issue for years so I will be stunned if any improvements are made by the end of August. There are loads of folk like me who travel to watch Hibs and it is a long day so food is a necessary part of the day. I want to buy at ER and paste money to Hibs but have stopped doing so due to the combination of poor quality and being ripped off on price. Until that changes then I won't be buying anything again. We park at Tesco and a quick nip in gets you a sandwich, bag of crisps and a bottle of Coke for £3. At ER that would be somewhere about £7 with terrible quality. Multiplied by 2 for me and my son and that's a lot of cash each week above STs, strips, etc etc

Jamesie
14-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Does anyone remember a spell in 1995, right after the opening of the North and South stands, when the catering was top notch? I remember a wide menu - fish and chips, curries, baked potatoes etc - being available from the catering outlets in the North!

SteveHFC
14-07-2018, 03:34 PM
They should bring back the popcorn we had in the late 90s.

MSK
14-07-2018, 03:44 PM
They should bring back the popcorn we had in the late 90s.Nah, would be all foosty 😦

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Does anyone remember a spell in 1995, right after the opening of the North and South stands, when the catering was top notch? I remember a wide menu - fish and chips, curries, baked potatoes etc - being available from the catering outlets in the North!

Green curry if I recall, right? ......

traceyhibs
14-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the response and that's great but this has been an issue for years so I will be stunned if any improvements are made by the end of August. There are loads of folk like me who travel to watch Hibs and it is a long day so food is a necessary part of the day. I want to buy at ER and paste money to Hibs but have stopped doing so due to the combination of poor quality and being ripped off on price. Until that changes then I won't be buying anything again. We park at Tesco and a quick nip in gets you a sandwich, bag of crisps and a bottle of Coke for £3. At ER that would be somewhere about £7 with terrible quality. Multiplied by 2 for me and my son and that's a lot of cash each week above STs, strips, etc etc

Hi there,

Totally understand your frustrations. I take my kids along to games as well so completely understand the expense we as parents have on a match day.

The company who do the catering are still under contract. The feedback is always welcomed and will continue to pass it over.

Thanks again

Tracey

GreenCastle
14-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's that simple though.

The prices, quality of food plus service maybe can be adjusted but the main issue is Hibs have had poor catering for too long now and if only a small sample of the fans are anything to go by on here many don't buy it or think it's value for money / good enough.

It's not good enough for a club the size of Hibs with so many places to eat in Edinburgh that we can't get this right.

Decisions need to be taken higher up to open this to tender and get a better package.

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2018, 04:04 PM
i've never had any problems with the level of service, they're all just young kids, and yes i know most of them have to do any counting by using the till and not their heads :wink: they don't have the calculators they used in school maths :greengrinbut they all seem to be polite enough :agree: but i do wish they would cut back on the amount of different items for sale(thus cutting queues accordingly) pie/bovril/water/chocolate bar/crisps and that's all :)

silverhibee
14-07-2018, 04:21 PM

Celtc have a dominos in the ground.

silverhibee
14-07-2018, 04:29 PM

Can only speak for the food in the players lounge, but your right the pies steak pies are a lot better in players lounge than in the kiosks.

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2018, 04:55 PM
The caterers who are Centreplate serve many football grounds in the U.K. It makes you wonder if we have squeezed them so tight that they serve us a low quality cheap product that they don’t use at other grounds?

HelmutSchlong
14-07-2018, 06:04 PM

Green popcorn, Hibs rock, green boiled sweets all with facts and trivia on the packaging!

The Herta dogs were far better than the ***** on offer today! They had a very healthy girth to them whereas the last time I had one it was built like a bookies pen

RyeSloan
14-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Well there is a few things that they could do..first off is to get different people serving to those on the till...the amount of backwards and forwards the kids need to do to get a few items and then ring them up takes a bloody age.

The next thing they could do is to improve the pies. That really really can’t be difficult.

Speed up the service (more money through the tills) and improve the pies and you are a big step forward without really even trying.

There is plenty of other things they could do. Stand alone pie stand where all you can buy is a pie would take the pressure off the main kiosks would be my first ‘innovation’. Next would be contactless payment etc etc etc.

As others have said this situation has went on far too long and the club should sort it out without the need for boycotts or direct action.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Back in the old days, the choice was a mutton pie and tea or oxo.

Not too difficult to mess up.

You're 51 and never had a Wagon Wheel?

Bishop Hibee
14-07-2018, 07:11 PM
I see folk at sporting events round the world commenting on stadium food on social media and the prices are universally high. The difference seems to be in the quality and variety of food available. Also they can get a beer.

I rarely eat or drink at ER apart from occasionally at lunchtime kick offs. The pies are bog standard as is the Bovril. Take a look abroad and down south, see what works and try it at ER.

keep the faith
14-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Strangely I had my first ER pie for a few seasons on Thursday. Both me and my son were shocked by the doughy pastry and tasteless filling.
Even the cheapest scotch pie from a supermarket tastes way better than that, so this must be the cheapest of the cheap and got knows what's in there. The mark up must be massive too.
Hibs supporters deserve way better for the prices being charged.

Famous Fiver
14-07-2018, 08:32 PM
I remember the days of the Macaroon Bars.

Great value. Sold by a bloke with a tray with shoulder straps moving through the crowd.

Can't really remember anybody complaining.

Now it's all high tech and 'hot' food and we have a five page thread on it.

Changed days.

iwasthere1972
14-07-2018, 09:01 PM
I knew I would regret it but I was starving and I hadn't taken my own food as I normally do. Bought chips a few months ago and I can only liken them to wooden clothes pegs. They were absolutely rank. Never again.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 09:05 PM
I knew I would regret it but I was starving and I hadn't taken my own food as I normally do. Bought chips a few months ago and I can only liken them to wooden clothes pegs. They were absolutely rank. Never again.

Steady....STEADY. That's some poor ****s livelihood ya radge.

Jamesie
14-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Strangely I had my first ER pie for a few seasons on Thursday. Both me and my son were shocked by the doughy pastry and tasteless filling.
Even the cheapest scotch pie from a supermarket tastes way better than that, so this must be the cheapest of the cheap and got knows what's in there. The mark up must be massive too.
Hibs supporters deserve way better for the prices being charged.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I was in the same boat as you on Thursday. For the reasons I described I saw the content of the “steak” pie but saw precious little steak there and determined to leave it for the seagulls!

Hermit Crab
14-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

May I suggest trimming all the horrible fatty bits off he steak, lowering the prices and put some care into their product.

The Modfather
16-09-2018, 11:04 AM
Hi,

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Was there a review done at the end of August? Has anyone noticed any improvement in what the catering company are offering?

I bought a pie and a coke yesterday and was just as disappointing as always unfortunately. The Coke was a bit flat and the pie was undercooked with mounds of flour still sitting on the top :-(

.Sean.
16-09-2018, 11:21 AM
The curry pies are something else :not worth

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 11:35 AM
The curry pies are something else :not worth

Can you get the pie out of the foil in a oner or does the base stick like they do for the steak pies?

staunchhibby
16-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Catering is still pitiful and overpriced and no further feedback from fans reps.

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Got a bovril and a steak pie in South before KO and it was pretty decent. Able to lift out case and eat without pie falling apart like I’ve had on occasion in West Upper, and bovril was perfectly acceptable.

Phil MaGlass
16-09-2018, 12:10 PM
should be in a contract that certain levels of quality are expected, at my work, if yi dont keep up standards you are dumped immediately, its all in the contract, no excuses. theres always other companies willing to take over that were in the tender process at the beginning.

mutley
16-09-2018, 12:14 PM
I have to say that I have had the pie-bad-stuck-to-foil a fair few times , but yesterday I was a tad peckish and bought 2 steak pies, and both were decent, not stuck to the wrapper and not hot to eat comfortably. Dunno if it was a fluke but better than I had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Football grounds are always the same, piss poor quality at ridiculous prices.

LustForLeith
16-09-2018, 12:24 PM
It’s poor and it has been for years. Despite people say it will get looked into it never does. We should boycott it until something gets done.

Chorley Hibee
16-09-2018, 12:36 PM
It’s poor and it has been for years. Despite people say it will get looked into it never does. We should boycott it until something gets done.

Unfortunately, as long as thousands of people continue paying for this extortionate crap then both the caterers and Hibs will continue to serve it. The only thing they will pay attention to is their profit.

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, as long as thousands of people continue paying for this extortionate crap then both the caterers and Hibs will continue to serve it. The only thing they will pay attention to is their profit.

The long queues at the kiosks suggest that there will be no boycotting of the facility any time soon. It’s not something that concern me that much and don’t think it’s any worse or better than any other ground in Scotland. Maybe Dunfermline excepted.

Andy Bee
16-09-2018, 01:02 PM
The best food I've had at the football was at the Etihad and it was markedly cheaper than ER. I've mentioned before about how they do it. All food is served by various charity workers and the profits go to various local charities, the menu was thought up by Jamie Oliver and the choice was unbelievable. There's no reason something similar couldn't be done at ER.

H18 SFR
16-09-2018, 01:09 PM
The best food I've had at the football was at the Etihad and it was markedly cheaper than ER. I've mentioned before about how they do it. All food is served by various charity workers and the profits go to various local charities, the menu was thought up by Jamie Oliver and the choice was unbelievable. There's no reason something similar couldn't be done at ER.

I'm not buying that anywhere is better than Dunfermline.

Bangkok Hibby
16-09-2018, 02:06 PM

According to Greggs the price of their food is kept down by avoiding the 20% tax on hot food. Selling it at "ambient" temperature ensures this. So up to the customer really, a tepid sausage roll or a slightly dearer one at the local baker.

Hermit Crab
16-09-2018, 05:37 PM
The steak pie I had yesterday was rotten. £3.20 for a bag of fruit pastilles or maltasers? :confused:

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 06:38 PM
The steak pie I had yesterday was rotten. £3.20 for a bag of fruit pastilles or maltasers? :confused:

Motorway service station prices for the confectionary. Dont think I`ve seen anyone buy them at ER, and anyone with kids would almost certainly be bringing a packet of sweets with them.

ancient hibee
16-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Was there a review done at the end of August? Has anyone noticed any improvement in what the catering company are offering?

I bought a pie and a coke yesterday and was just as disappointing as always unfortunately. The Coke was a bit flat and the pie was undercooked with mounds of flour still sitting on the top :-(
She asked for feedback(no pun intended)by the end of August.Did you send yours?

The Green Goblin
17-09-2018, 02:48 PM

Are they the chocolates that electrocute you? :greengrin

Seveno
17-09-2018, 05:36 PM
I have to say that I have had the pie-bad-stuck-to-foil a fair few times , but yesterday I was a tad peckish and bought 2 steak pies, and both were decent, not stuck to the wrapper and not hot to eat comfortably. Dunno if it was a fluke but better than I had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought one on Saturday in the West Upper and was warned by the lad that served me that the bottom was very hot. For a change, the bottom was not stuck to the foul.

Golden Bear
17-09-2018, 05:42 PM
The sausage rolls are excellent, forget the dodgy pies.

Onion
17-09-2018, 07:02 PM
I rarely eat at the football.

My cousin is over from Germany however so we had a quick bite and he described at the worst food he's ever had at a sporting event. He got a pizza which looked awful and I got a pie that was so bad I binned it.

:agree: Hibs catering rely on fans being boozed up before the game in order to sell that stuff. Most wouldn't eat it sober. Sadly, there's no excuse for it. Hibs have just been ignoring feedback for decades and done nothing about it.

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2018, 06:55 AM
:agree: Hibs catering rely on fans being boozed up before the game in order to sell that stuff. Most wouldn't eat it sober. Sadly, there's no excuse for it. Hibs have just been ignoring feedback for decades and done nothing about it.

This :thumbsup:

AndyM_1875
18-09-2018, 07:16 AM
I wish Hibs would get in touch with Stephens bakeries who do the catering for Dunfermline.
Superb steak bakes, great pies and sausage rolls and Veggie options too.

Every time I've bought a pie in the West Upper in the last year the erse has fallen out of it and I usually get fleeced for it pricewise. Now I just don't bother.
My pal WinstonIngram on here has had similar experiences of pie disintegration.