PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: OPPOSITION OVERVIEW | NSÍ RUNAVÍK

RSS Bot
12-07-2018, 11:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8948)

theonlywayisup
12-07-2018, 12:04 PM
I see that they have drawn with Fulham in Europe - might be a harder tie than I first thought.

European Record

Despite claiming some notable results in Europe, NSÍ have yet to progress beyond the first round of qualifying for either the UEFA Europa League or UEFA Champions League.

The first positive result they claimed in Europe was a 1-0 win over Dinamo Tbilisi of Georgia, but they were defeated 3-1 on aggregate. NSÍ also claimed a 0-0 draw with English Premier League side Fulham, but suffered a 3-0 defeat at Craven Cottage.

The closest they have come to winning a tie was against Linfield in 2015 when they exited the competition 5-4 on aggregate. At Windsor Park the NSÍ lost 2-0, but they gave the Northern Irishmen a scare in the Faroe Islands when they won 4-3 – but ultimately fell just a little short.

This will be the fourth successive season that they will have played in Europe.

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Better cancel my flights

norhfc
12-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Not taking anything for granted in this tie, there are no mugs in Euro football, surely we all realize that. Will be very happy with a 2-0 lead going into away game.

LancsHibs
12-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Crusaders got pumped 7-0 last night, lets do the same to this mob! Come on the Hibees!!!!

SunshineOnLeith
12-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Not taking anything for granted in this tie, there are no mugs in Euro football, surely we all realize that. Will be very happy with a 2-0 lead going into away game.

They've lost every European tie they've ever played away from home.

Should be taking a 4+ goal lead over there next week and I'm sure Lennon knows it.