11-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Nice one Keano 😁🇭🇷

BullsCloseHibs
11-07-2018, 09:00 PM
He's getting stuck into most of them. This is great TV 😀

iwasthere1972
11-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Nice one Keano 😁🇭🇷

Good job Slaven isn't there to wind them up too.

scooby
11-07-2018, 09:06 PM
One shot at goal in 120 mins for the queens 11, even a waistcoat can't dress that up!

overdrive
11-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Hilarious that they are playing Don’t Look Back in Anger in the stadium just now after what Noel Gallagher said about “Its coming home” the other day :faf:

GordonHFC
11-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Hilarious that they are playing Don’t Look Back in Anger in the stadium just now after what Noel Gallagher said about “Its coming home” the other day :faf:

Singing 'don't look back in anger' just before the riots start. But ironic.

BullsCloseHibs
11-07-2018, 09:15 PM
You could see the seethe on the faces in the fan zones at FT.
Hope Good Morning TV report all of the trouble about to kick off in the morning.
It's all went terribly Peter Tong😭

Biggie
11-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Did Keane fall asleep under the sun bed ?....he knows when he's been tangoed

weecounty hibby
11-07-2018, 09:18 PM

Said that to my Mrs earlier, I genuinely thought my telly was on the blink earlier when he was on

BullsCloseHibs
11-07-2018, 09:18 PM

Not sure, but England certainly were tangoed

overdrive
11-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Keane calling them out about getting ahead of themselves with the “it’s coming home” pish and thinking about the final. Wright denying they were ever talking about the final. Lying cockwomble.

we are hibs
11-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Thought keane was about to tell Wright to **** off there

essexhibee
11-07-2018, 09:23 PM
What was Keane saying? No ITV here in Crete!

hibbyfraelibby
11-07-2018, 09:24 PM
Keane working it right up them. Play the game you are playing. Quite right so can those of you planning trips to Greece throttle back on the rockets until a week tomorrow.😉

LancashireHibby
11-07-2018, 09:25 PM
For a brief moment there, it really looked like it was going to happen live on ITV.

Ian Wright getting filled in by Roy Keane.

Sammy7nil
11-07-2018, 09:25 PM

"Don't worry we are all friends here" - cut to commercial break :greengrin

Nameless
11-07-2018, 09:30 PM
For a brief moment there, it really looked like it was going to happen live on ITV.

Ian Wright getting filled in by Roy Keane.Keane said something under his breath right at the end of that little tiff, and I'm not sure it was too complimentary.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Tinribs
11-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Not sure Roy could fill in Ian Wright, would be hilarious to see it kick off though. I remember him coming up against big Duncan Ferguson once, he totally shat it.

Thecat23
11-07-2018, 09:38 PM
That was trolling at the very highest 😂 Wright threw himself right into where Keane wanted him. Was very funny to watch!

IncredibleHibee
11-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Not sure Roy could fill in Ian Wright, would be hilarious to see it kick off though. I remember him coming up against big Duncan Ferguson once, he totally shat it.

Come on man. You can’t compare big Dun to Ian Wright!

superfurryhibby
11-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Come on man. You can’t compare big Dun to Ian Wright!

Keane would molicate Wright.

Tinribs
11-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Not heard molicate in donkeys years 😀

Vini1875
11-07-2018, 09:44 PM
Croatia has a population of 4M, maybe Scotland should check out what Croatia are doing after Scotland get done laughing at England.

One Day Soon
11-07-2018, 09:45 PM

"molicate" :greengrin

You just took me back about four decades!

Sammy7nil
11-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Croatia has a population of 4M, maybe Scotland should check out what Croatia are doing after Scotland get done laughing at England.

I thought you have no interest in international football ?

Thecat23
11-07-2018, 09:48 PM

Not appointing McLeish as manager!!

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2018, 09:50 PM
didn't watch it but anyone that gives it tight to that utter ******* to$$pot ian ******* wright is sound by me

heretoday
11-07-2018, 09:52 PM
My money's on Wrighty. He's a London boy.

Keane's a disgrace by the way. Dirty so-and-so.

overdrive
11-07-2018, 09:53 PM

I bet the Croatia manager has never told the players and the press that as they are a small country that they are essentially sheight, can’t compete and should “play to our strengths” which always means defend, defend, defend, even when defence is our biggest weakness, which is what every Scotland manager in my lifetime has come out with a variation of.

madhatter
11-07-2018, 09:59 PM

After Murray won Wimbledon, everyone should have checked what Scotland was doing to create such a tennis star, wouldnt have given them a huge insight into his success though...his upbringing maybe, not a huge amount of grassroots tennis when he was growing up, more now due to Judy.

There will be things we can take from Croatia but smaller nations that are direct neighbours to larger nations have extra strains and struggles, that is a fact. For example, we have Scottish youth disappear into the English game and fail because it is too early for them. Careers virtually over. Scouting in Scotland is cheap for English clubs. E.g. Billy Gilmour, he’ll either make it or stall and come back up to Scotland with 2 senior games under his belt at 21 or he’ll vanish.

Same problem shows up between the Glasgow clubs and the Edinburgh clubs, we’ve got Edinburgh boys signing for Celtic, never playing for them and being released at 22 to then drop down a division or just disappear.

Are people thinking it’s a copy/paste job to fix Scotland’s woes? With correct guidance these missing gems could have become Scotland legends instead they become free agents and nomads. Gauld was the Scottish Messi and left too soon, career stalled massively. A year younger than McGinn and probably played 100 less games.

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2018, 09:59 PM
I bet the Croatia manager has never told the players and the press that as they are a small country that they are essentially sheight, can’t compete and should “play to our strengths” which always means defend, defend, defend, even when defence is our biggest weakness, which is what every Scotland manager in my lifetime has come out with a variation of.We have nowhere near the quality of side that Croatia do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
11-07-2018, 10:03 PM
I bet the Croatia manager has never told the players and the press that as they are a small country that they are essentially sheight, can’t compete and should “play to our strengths” which always means defend, defend, defend, even when defence is our biggest weakness, which is what every Scotland manager in my lifetime has come out with a variation of.

Probably should jack it in as an independent country and get one of the big boys to run the show, worked wonders for us :greengrin

RyeSloan
11-07-2018, 10:03 PM
We have nowhere near the quality of side that Croatia do.

It’s phenomenal how many good players a country of that size has produced!

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2018, 10:04 PM
It’s phenomenal how many good players a country of that size has produced!Dinamo where Modric and kovacic came from have a superb academy

Sammy7nil
11-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Not since Souness and Kenny D have Scotland had anywhere near the quality Coratia have. When we did have that talent Ally MacLeod told not only the Scottish players but the world we would win the cup in 1978.

Smartie
11-07-2018, 10:08 PM
I didn't really enjoy Keane at the end.

We give the English pundits pelters for getting carried away and for taking themselves too seriously.

They've had a good time, they've enjoyed the tournament and Wright was acknowledging the fact in a light-hearted way.

In the past they've driven me nuts and I'd have enjoyed their pain, but I didn't think they needed it or deserved it tonight.

angus hibby
11-07-2018, 10:09 PM

And appointing Bilic!

IncredibleHibee
11-07-2018, 10:10 PM
My money's on Wrighty. He's a London boy.

Keane's a disgrace by the way. Dirty so-and-so.

Keane is a very good boxer. He would wipe the floor with Wright

Cod Boy
11-07-2018, 10:13 PM
Lee Dixon would have done Keane.

overdrive
11-07-2018, 10:15 PM
We have nowhere near the quality of side that Croatia do.

I know. But what chance do we ever have when our players are constantly told they aren’t up to much and can’t compete? A bit of positivity would do wonders. We have a small country mindset and it’s part of the problem with the national team. It creates a risk averse culture. The last Scotland manager was too scared to give younger, more forward thinking players a chance until it was almost too late and stuck with tried and tested ‘stuffy’ players to ‘compete’. When he eventually took the risk with younger players, we came back within touching distance of making the play-offs, he shat it again with this small nation mindset and went back to the ‘stuffy’, sit in, ‘play to our strengths’ type players.

There does need to be some realism but it needs to be balanced with a bit of positivity.

overdrive
11-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Not since Souness and Kenny D have Scotland had anywhere near the quality Coratia have. When we did have that talent Ally MacLeod told not only the Scottish players but the world we would win the cup in 1978.

Again, I know that but the younger age group cohorts in the national set up seem to compete better with bigger nations than the senior squad. A big part of that will be down to talent and coaching structures. Some of it, I reckon is down to the negativity of the Scotland squad management.

Smartie
11-07-2018, 10:24 PM
I know. But what chance do we ever have when our players are constantly told they aren’t up to much and can’t compete? A bit of positivity would do wonders. We have a small country mindset and it’s part of the problem with the national team. It creates a risk averse culture. The last Scotland manager was too scared to give younger, more forward thinking players a chance until it was almost too late and stuck with tried and tested ‘stuffy’ players to ‘compete’. When he eventually took the risk with younger players, we came back within touching distance of making the play-offs, he shat it again with this small nation mindset and went back to the ‘stuffy’, sit in, ‘play to our strengths’ type players.

There does need to be some realism but it needs to be balanced with a bit of positivity.

It's easy to compare ourselves to Croatia as we're a similar sized nation but I saw more in England that I'd like to see Scotland copy.

Talented, articulate, home-grown manager who has worked with many of the players at a younger age group.

Entrusting young players, making them the core of the squad.

Consistency of team selection.

Fostering a club-like atmosphere.

Engaging with the media.

Having the balls to ditch duds who were there on reputation rather than performance (Joe Hart).

I read on another thread that they play a lot of Futsal in Croatia. The main thing we need to change in Scotland is to get youngsters playing as much as possible. Until we do that we're stuffed, and we'll always have a restricted pool to choose from.

That said, I don't think we're all that bad, and have some decent young players to give us some hope.

bingo70
11-07-2018, 10:31 PM
It's easy to compare ourselves to Croatia as we're a similar sized nation but I saw more in England that I'd like to see Scotland copy.

Talented, articulate, home-grown manager who has worked with many of the players at a younger age group.

Entrusting young players, making them the core of the squad.

Consistency of team selection.

Fostering a club-like atmosphere.

Engaging with the media.

Having the balls to ditch duds who were there on reputation rather than performance (Joe Hart).

I read on another thread that they play a lot of Futsal in Croatia. The main thing we need to change in Scotland is to get youngsters playing as much as possible. Until we do that we're stuffed, and we'll always have a restricted pool to choose from.

That said, I don't think we're all that bad, and have some decent young players to give us some hope.

For a bigger country it’s easier for a Southgate type manager to just say to the young players ‘go out and express yourself....’ more often than not they’re up against far inferior players so even with the worst manager in the world the players could pull them through.

This tournament England have managed to beat in 90 minutes Panama, Tunisia and Sweden.

With the billions of pounds floating about their game I’m for from convinced there’s is the blueprint we should be following.

Dr Jimmy
11-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Totally agree. Let’s hope we have a go at trying to qualify rather than hoping to.
We have nothing to lose, as we never qualify, so a positive approach and a desire to win rather than not lose has to worth a go. Starting with and end to all the negative pish about not being tall enough, small nation etc.. followed by picking Scottish players not guys who’s granny was born in Scotland!!!!

neil7908
11-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Not Keane's biggest fan but really can't stand Ian Wright and delighted that someone is there to let England know their "its coming home" patter is unfounded, arrogant nonsense.

iwasthere1972
11-07-2018, 11:12 PM

Molicate Wright. I think I knew her at school.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-07-2018, 11:13 PM
For a bigger country it’s easier for a Southgate type manager to just say to the young players ‘go out and express yourself....’ more often than not they’re up against far inferior players so even with the worst manager in the world the players could pull them through.

This tournament England have managed to beat in 90 minutes Panama, Tunisia and Sweden.

With the billions of pounds floating about their game I’m for from convinced there’s is the blueprint we should be following.

Perhaps looking at Iceland and the tremendous success they have had for a population less than half the size of our city, in a climate colder too!

Thecat23
11-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Exactly, and still some were wanting him to stay!!

MagicSwirlingShip
11-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Molicate Wright. I think I knew her at school.

Hahaha

ekhibee
11-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Here's the discussion:

https://youtu.be/QzMA9oURY-M

SouthMoroccoStu
12-07-2018, 03:47 AM
Here's the discussion:

https://youtu.be/QzMA9oURY-M

Thanks for sharing I missed that from watching in the pub

Keane should have knocked him out! Wright was being a dick taking the Micky out of his accent when Keane was making a good point, or at least a point Wright didn’t agree with

Can you imagine the outcry if Keane started doing his own impressions...

This was racist

FilipinoHibs
12-07-2018, 04:45 AM
After Murray won Wimbledon, everyone should have checked what Scotland was doing to create such a tennis star, wouldnt have given them a huge insight into his success though...his upbringing maybe, not a huge amount of grassroots tennis when he was growing up, more now due to Judy.

There will be things we can take from Croatia but smaller nations that are direct neighbours to larger nations have extra strains and struggles, that is a fact. For example, we have Scottish youth disappear into the English game and fail because it is too early for them. Careers virtually over. Scouting in Scotland is cheap for English clubs. E.g. Billy Gilmour, he’ll either make it or stall and come back up to Scotland with 2 senior games under his belt at 21 or he’ll vanish.

Same problem shows up between the Glasgow clubs and the Edinburgh clubs, we’ve got Edinburgh boys signing for Celtic, never playing for them and being released at 22 to then drop down a division or just disappear.

Are people thinking it’s a copy/paste job to fix Scotland’s woes? With correct guidance these missing gems could have become Scotland legends instead they become free agents and nomads. Gauld was the Scottish Messi and left too soon, career stalled massively. A year younger than McGinn and probably played 100 less games.

Study what other small countries are doing. Scottish tennis looked at Belgium who had two women no 1s and men in top 20. Be dedicated with no booze, birds etc. Continue to improve and learn from setbacks. Work on technique, fitness, tactics and mental side. And don't listen to the English.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2018, 05:23 AM

When we have players of the quality of Modric, Perisic, Rakitic and Mandzukic then we might have a chance.

The only player who is even remotely near that level is Andy Robertson. We are light years behind Croatia.

Brizo
12-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Good on Roy Keane. As always, the English media got way ahead of themselves.

I wasn't too unhappy when England beat Columbia because I thought their antics were a disgrace but by the time I got to the semi final I was totally pissed off with the hysteria. The BBC had essentially become the EBC last night with its pre-match news coverage and I was delighted that the English media and pundits like Wright were put back in their box.

That's not taking anything away from Southgate who seems like a really decent guy and manager, or his team who definitely punched above their weight.

Phil MaGlass
12-07-2018, 05:43 AM
Good on Roy Keane. As always, the English media got way ahead of themselves.

I wasn't too unhappy when England beat Columbia because I thought their antics were a disgrace but by the time I got to the semi final I was totally pissed off with the hysteria. The BBC had essentially become the EBC last night with its pre-match news coverage and I was delighted that the English media and pundits like Wright were put back in their box.

That's not taking anything away from Southgate who seems like a really decent guy and manager, or his team who definitely punched above their weight.

It´s always been the EBC, who´s side did they take during the Yes/No vote, biased yes, english yes.

Oh and thankfully they have been papped oot, ah kin noo enjoy the final.

calumhibee1
12-07-2018, 05:55 AM

We give the English pundits pelters for getting carried away and for taking themselves too seriously.

They've had a good time, they've enjoyed the tournament and Wright was acknowledging the fact in a light-hearted way.

In the past they've driven me nuts and I'd have enjoyed their pain, but I didn't think they needed it or deserved it tonight.

Roy Keane is nothing but an absolute dick. Wouldn’t dream of actually giving anyone or anything any praise and would much rather come across as being ‘too hard’ to enjoy anything. Why they still put him on the tv is beyond me.

As Ian Wright said, they got to the semi final, fans and pundits enjoyed the journey and yes, they maybe talked about the final a bit. But the players and manager didn’t, they remained professional and didn’t quite have enough to get there. That wouldn’t have changed had the fans and pundits taken the “one game at a time” approach.

Sammy7nil
12-07-2018, 06:03 AM
It´s always been the EBC, who´s side did they take during the Yes/No vote, biased yes, english yes.

Oh and thankfully they have been papped oot, ah kin noo enjoy the final.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

IGRIGI
12-07-2018, 06:10 AM
Please, for the love of humanity, we're not going to have to hear for 2-4 years that Southgate has somehow reinvented football by taking England to a round that any one of us on here could've done also?

It's laughable and pathetic at the same time watching people north of the border buy into this idea that Southgate and England are the new galacticos of world football and world domination is only a matter of time.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2018, 06:30 AM
Please, for the love of humanity, we're not going to have to hear for 2-4 years that Southgate has somehow reinvented football by taking England to a round that any one of us on here could've done also?

It's laughable and pathetic at the same time watching people north of the border buy into this idea that Southgate and England are the new galacticos of world football and world domination is only a matter of time.

You live in the Netherlands do you not? Sure it's easy enough to ignore stuff 'north of the border' there if you had the desire to.

BILLYHIBS
12-07-2018, 06:41 AM
I thought Lee Dixon looked strangely quiet in fact looked gutted!!:greengrin

Nameless
12-07-2018, 08:55 AM

I've not read or heard that from any source, north of the border. If that's what you're "watching", you must be going out of your way to try and find it.

WeeRussell
12-07-2018, 09:24 AM

I thought Keane was correct in the point he was making though. Even if he was doing it for a reaction, and even if I do usually find him a bit of a kn0b :greengrin

Kato
12-07-2018, 09:36 AM
I've not read or heard that from any source, north of the border. If that's what you're "watching", you must be going out of your way to try and find it.

Its called "building a straw man".

IWasThere2016
12-07-2018, 09:38 AM

We have beat them twice in the last 5 years.. England haven't

We have an OF-bias to player selection and managerial appointments .. and neither seems to work :wink:

bingo70
12-07-2018, 09:39 AM
I thought Keane was correct in the point he was making though. Even if he was doing it for a reaction, and even if I do usually find him a bit of a kn0b :greengrin

I thought Keane was spot on, as long as Englandshire are celebrating losses like last night they'll never make it any further than that.

There's a lot of back patting going on in English football just now when the reality is they've absolutely blown the best chance they'll probably ever get to reach a world cup final. In this tremendous world cup they have managed to beat Panama, Tunisia, Sweden in 90 minutes and scrape past Columbia who were missing their best player.

England should have been more than capable of beating Croatia last night and one of the reasons they never IMO is down to the attitude Keane was referring to. Not only Keane though, i think Modric said something similar.

If England think they are on the cusp of something great they are in for a shock IMO as the French are just getting going, the Germans will come back stronger, the Italians and Dutch won't stay this bad forever and Croatia will get a huge boost from this world cup. You'd fancy Argentina and Brazil to sort their **** out at some point too.

Sioux
12-07-2018, 09:42 AM

I managed to find it by walking past 'Luckies' pub on Saturday, where the resident jambos were singing God Save the Queen, including the addition of "No Surrender". So, there is nonsense going on north of the border.

I'm sure the huns would have been up to something similar.

TrinityHibs
12-07-2018, 09:43 AM

Southgate took over a basket case. The starting eleven last night only had 5 players from Sam Allardyce's team that beat Slovakia and while a few subs were also involved he has brought in Pickford, Trippier and Maguire who were arguably the best English performers on the night. I think he is a decent guy who has done a good job with limited resources. It is easy to see that they over achieved, helped by a favourable draw, but I would have preferred to be on their run than sitting at home wondering if Scotland will ever play in a meaningful final again. One last thing I have no idea who you are or what levels you have reached in football management but I strongly doubt that you could have stepped into Big Sam's shoes and guided his Slovakia beaters to extra time in a World Cup semi final. If you actually could have maybe you should be dusting down your CV and getting it off to the SFA as you might just be who we have been looking for .

SirDavidsNapper
12-07-2018, 10:05 AM
I thought Keane was spot on, as long as Englandshire are celebrating losses like last night they'll never make it any further than that.

There's a lot of back patting going on in English football just now when the reality is they've absolutely blown the best chance they'll probably ever get to reach a world cup final. In this tremendous world cup they have managed to beat Panama, Tunisia, Sweden in 90 minutes and scrape past Columbia who were missing their best player.

England should have been more than capable of beating Croatia last night and one of the reasons they never IMO is down to the attitude Keane was referring to. Not only Keane though, i think Modric said something similar.

If England think they are on the cusp of something great they are in for a shock IMO as the French are just getting going, the Germans will come back stronger, the Italians and Dutch won't stay this bad forever and Croatia will get a huge boost from this world cup. You'd fancy Argentina and Brazil to sort their **** out at some point too.

Teams will now raise their game against England in future tournaments. They had their chance, a huge chance and blew it. They won't get a better one. It was a once in a generation opportunity with the teams that went out. Almost freakish. It wont happen again.

LustForLeith
12-07-2018, 11:07 AM
I wouldn’t have minded if they had won it but I can’t be doing with the media.

Fair play to Southgate. He galvanised then and took them to the semi final of the World Cup. I’m sure he didn’t want the job and England didn’t want to give it to him?

There’s a point being made about England’s over reaction but the same must be said for the over reaction to the result from us Scots. It’s sad times when the only thing we celebrate these days is the failure of our closest rival instead of being able to celebrate our own success. It might be awhile before England ever get as close again to winning a major tournament but it might be even longer before Scotland actually qualify for a tourment.

Stevie Reid
12-07-2018, 11:13 AM

I do see where you're coming from Smartie, and agree with your point - although I still did enjoy Keane losing it a bit, as OTT as it was.

All the guys on the panel were magnanimous last night (including Keane immediately after the game), and Wright, Neville and Dixon were acting in good humour. No issue with them getting excited about where they got to and potentially winning it.

Perhaps Keano just thought that they spent too long praising the progress of getting to the semi (I wouldn't agree with him) - we know from his career, and his walkout from the Ireland WC squad, that he doesn't have much time for near misses.

cabbageandribs1875
12-07-2018, 11:25 AM
52 years and counting, and no i'm not talking about hertz failure to win the League Cup...that's even longer :greengrin

pollution
12-07-2018, 11:26 AM
I would not accept one word of criticism from Keane, from a man who ran away from his team mates in a World Cup finals

because he didn't like his hotel...

Not one fellow poster has mentioned this.

bingo70
12-07-2018, 11:28 AM
I would not accept one word of criticism from Keane, from a man who ran away from his team mates in a World Cup finals

I tend to find there's three sides to every story when it comes to things like that.

Without knowing all the details i don't think it's fair to dismiss all his opinions on all matters.

Stevie Reid
12-07-2018, 11:36 AM

Certainly wasn't because he didn't like the hotel. I've read Keane's autobiography, and he tells of a litany of things which demonstrated awful preparation from the Irish FA.

This article is more balanced than just RK's version though:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/01/world-cup-moments-roy-keane-ireland-exit

WeeRussell
12-07-2018, 11:38 AM

I personally didn't mention it as it wasn't relevant to me thinking he was accurate in what he said last night.

allezsauzee
12-07-2018, 12:50 PM

Countries like Croatia and Uruguay have smaller populations than us but tend to concentrate more of their effort on a single sport. Scotland does much better than other countries with similar populations at Rugby,Tennis, Athletics, Swimming, Cycling , Snooker, Darts, Judo, Bowls , Boxing and probably others that don't spring to mind. I think we do pretty well as a nation!

Bristolhibby
12-07-2018, 12:53 PM
When we have players of the quality of Modric, Perisic, Rakitic and Mandzukic then we might have a chance.

The only player who is even remotely near that level is Andy Robertson. We are light years behind Croatia.

That’s the spirit!

J

overdrive
12-07-2018, 02:04 PM

That’s not my point though. It goes beyond talent. What makes them so much better than players available to us, especially when Scotland youth teams punch their weight, probably up to and including U-19 level? Something stunts their development. In my opinion it is a mix of poor player development (actual coaching, financial resources and physics resources), potentially poor lifestyle choices and a negative mindset of management within the SFA and the pro clubs. Managers constantly tell the press that we haven’t got the players, we are small country so can’t compete, etc. What message does that send out to the players? Imagine if your boss was constantly telling the papers that you are your workmates weren’t up to much and what effect that would have on you and your workmates. On the flip side, a bit of positivity can create a good team spirit, create more of a bond between the players and fans (see England under Southgate) which could compensate for the deficiencies in player development and lifestyle choice.

bingo70
12-07-2018, 02:12 PM
That’s not my point though. It goes beyond talent. What makes them so much better than players available to us, especially when Scotland youth teams punch their weight, probably up to and including U-19 level? Something stunts their development. In my opinion it is a mix of poor player development (actual coaching, financial resources and physics resources), potentially poor lifestyle choices and a negative mindset of management within the SFA and the pro clubs. Managers constantly tell the press that we haven’t got the players, we are small country so can’t compete, etc. What message does that send out to the players? Imagine if your boss was constantly telling the papers that you are your workmates weren’t up to much and what effect that would have on you and your workmates. On the flip side, a bit of positivity can create a good team spirit, create more of a bond between the players and fans (see England under Southgate) which could compensate for the deficiencies in player development and lifestyle choice.

On a more simplistic note i bet they don't pull down all the goal posts when the weather gets nice and kids want to play then build lots of all weather football pitches, lock the gates and not let kids play on them.

Colr
12-07-2018, 04:50 PM

Wright is a slaverring numpty. You’d get more insight from a bloke on the street.

Now we know how much the lot on the BBC get paid, you have to say none of them are worth the money.