PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NAPIER REFLECTS ON A SUCCESSFUL START TO HER HIBERNIAN CAREER

RSS Bot
10-07-2018, 11:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8939)

I'm Spartacus
10-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Now, before I post, I'm not suggesting this, I'm just wondering if there is a route for it to happen - now say a woman is unreal in Scottish football, I mean, a scoring record like no other ... is there a route for her to be in the senior male squad? (of any football club)

hibsboy07
10-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Now, before I post, I'm not suggesting this, I'm just wondering if there is a route for it to happen - now say a woman is unreal in Scottish football, I mean, a scoring record like no other ... is there a route for her to be in the senior male squad? (of any football club)

I can see it happening someday but not in my lifetime i hope.
I'm not being sexist but think mens/women's sports should be kept apart

HoboHarry
10-07-2018, 02:18 PM
I seem to recall the the female German player Birgit Prinz turned down a Serie A club a few years back.......

InchHibby
10-07-2018, 02:38 PM

I don’t know how to say this without it sounding wrong and if it does then I apogise.
First of all I enjoy watching the Hibs Ladies and congratulate them on their many successes and hope this continues.
But, I don’t think it would ever happen that a female player could move into the male league, the reasons being are not just for the physical side, which is in itself a considerable difference, it’s the pace of the game, the tackling too is far more, too put it bluntly, ferocious, then more times than not height makes a big difference too. Tactically they could be the same but physicality and strength they couldn’t.
I would even go as far as to say, the best women player in Britain wouldn’t do too well in the lower leagues of British football.
I know you’ll probably disagree with this but I really think it’s a game of two games, Male and Female never to be mixed.
I also think that you could take any striker from the Premier, Championship etc and install him as the striker in any Ladies team and they would end up being the top scorer.
This is only my opinion, so don’t take this as certain. GGTTH

Wee Effen Bee
10-07-2018, 03:59 PM
I don’t know how to say this without it sounding wrong and if it does then I apogise.
First of all I enjoy watching the Hibs Ladies and congratulate them on their many successes and hope this continues.
But, I don’t think it would ever happen that a female player could move into the male league, the reasons being are not just for the physical side, which is in itself a considerable difference, it’s the pace of the game, the tackling too is far more, too put it bluntly, ferocious, then more times than not height makes a big difference too. Tactically they could be the same but physicality and strength they couldn’t.
I would even go as far as to say, the best women player in Britain wouldn’t do too well in the lower leagues of British football.
I know you’ll probably disagree with this but I really think it’s a game of two games, Male and Female never to be mixed.
I also think that you could take any striker from the Premier, Championship etc and install him as the striker in any Ladies team and they would end up being the top scorer.
This is only my opinion, so don’t take this as certain. GGTTH

I’m sure some women could definitely hold their own in the lower leagues. Women have been offered chances in the past.The nonsense about men’s football being too physical is, well, nonsense! I’ve coached and played alongside women, they can take all manner of tackles. Stuff like this hankers to the sexist diatribe which pervades our society. Your ‘belief’ suggests that small and slender players wouldn’t be able to handle the ‘ferocious’ side of the game either. This is obviously fallacious..

IGRIGI
10-07-2018, 04:02 PM
😂😂😂

IGRIGI
10-07-2018, 04:02 PM
I could guarantee I could get 11 of the boys from the office and take on the elite of women's football.

madhatter
10-07-2018, 04:18 PM
I think each gender deserves its own game. Any sort of merge between the two at a professional level would be unfair to both.

A male footballer at the very peak of his fitness has a different muscle mass etc. to a female footballer at the very peak of her fitness, that's just biology. Women are more predisposed to carry more fat on their bodies etc.

It isn't necessarily about quality or physical aspects of the game all the time but it should come into it.

More money should be invested in women's football and there should be more efforts to get young girls interested into football if they wish to.

Seems like we can't celebrate our differences any more these days...which is sad. Womens football gets played in a slightly different way, can often be more interesting than mens football, sometimes it isn't. They both should remain separate and prosper in their own ways though.

One thing you could do is: Mens, Womens and Mixed teams. I'd suggest the Mens and Womens teams should have the best players among the two genders though.

Ozymandias
10-07-2018, 07:29 PM
I could guarantee I could get 11 of the boys from the office and take on the elite of women's football.

If you could, then you'd see Office FC being on the receiving end of an utter gubbing. On this subject you're just a troll.

I think each gender deserves its own game. Any sort of merge between the two at a professional level would be unfair to both.

A male footballer at the very peak of his fitness has a different muscle mass etc. to a female footballer at the very peak of her fitness, that's just biology. Women are more predisposed to carry more fat on their bodies etc.

It isn't necessarily about quality or physical aspects of the game all the time but it should come into it.

More money should be invested in women's football and there should be more efforts to get young girls interested into football if they wish to.

Seems like we can't celebrate our differences any more these days...which is sad. Womens football gets played in a slightly different way, can often be more interesting than mens football, sometimes it isn't. They both should remain separate and prosper in their own ways though.

One thing you could do is: Mens, Womens and Mixed teams. I'd suggest the Mens and Womens teams should have the best players among the two genders though.

A few years ago I was speaking to Willie Kirk, then of Hibs Ladies, about this. He was frustrated that there was this constant comparison made between men and womens football, especially at the top level - the games are played differently as a result of biology. On average, a female wont be as fast or as strong as a man. I've been involved in the girls and women's game for years, and the technical aspects of the best teams are on a par with men, just deployed differently. I've been to fantastic games across all levels, I've also seen some terrible ones. But that goes for mens football equally.

Could the very best female player play professional men's football? Maybe, but why? Just enjoy the difference for itself if you enjoy it. And for those who don't (as some are delighted to post about), just don't be a misogynist tool about it.