PDA

View Full Version : Tickets ***Kicks for Kids Season Ticket Fundraiser Season 2018-19*** 101 tickets bought.

FranckSuzy
09-07-2018, 01:32 PM
20967 20968

Above are some of pictures received from Gorgie Mills school, thanking everyone who donated towards the Kicks for Kids season tickets they receive via Leith Links.

For those who don't know, Leith Links was formed in 2013 to collect donations so Kicks for Kids season tickets (KfK STs) can be purchased and allocated to children's groups and clubs. Since then, over £64,000 has been donated by our wonderful support and 777 KfK STs have been purchased meaning many more children - who wouldn't normally be able to go to games - have attended Easter Road and joined our family :thumbsup:

It's now time for the upcoming season's fundraiser and if you would like to contribute - and no matter how small the donation is - it will be gratefully received. Payment can be made on a one-off basis by PayPal (leithlinks@live.co.uk), bank transfer, cheque or if you are able, by monthly Standing Order or Direct Debit. For example, £6.25 per month will purchase one Kicks for Kids season ticket outright but any amount is welcome.

Please PM me or email leithlinks@live.co.uk (leithlinks@live.co.uk) for more details and contributors can also nominate specific *groups who they think would benefit from tickets and Hibs will contact them.

There are many people I would like to thank for their support as this wonderful story would be nothing without our fans, including those who have donated already, including:

All the fans who donate by either Direct Debit/Standing Order or make one-off payments
Since1875
Hibernian Shareholders Association (now closed)
St. Patrick's branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association

Thanks to the above, over £6,000 has been received already which equals 101 KfK STs :thumbsup:

Also, to everyone who has provided assistance, items for auction, financial backing or words of encouragement - I am extremely grateful. Thanks to everyone on hibs.net also for allowing the fundraisers, (plus these threads :wink:) and for continually backing the cause :not worth GGTTH.

After a meeting with Hibs a couple of months ago, I was advised that there would be be a limit on the number of KfK STs that can be purchased this season and therefore, we are aiming for a maximum of 150 tickets. If additional funds are received, the donations could be used for next year's fundraiser/one-off match tickets or Hibs scarves etc but I will keep everyone updated of how near (or far!) we are from that number and take it from there.
(https://leithlinks4kids.com/social-media/feedback/)

*Thank you letters from the charities and groups who have previously received KfK tickets can be found here: https://leithlinks4kids.com/social-media/feedback/

(https://leithlinks4kids.com/social-media/feedback/)

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Brilliant work well done. I'm sure we'll get enough for the full 150. Must be fantastic for those kids.

FranckSuzy
10-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Bump :greengrin

Admins: please can you add the 80 tickets already donated towards to the title please? Normally I would add those purchased outright by .netters but given the cap on numbers, I think it's better that people can see how near (or far :wink:) we are from 150 :aok: Also, most are from the kind posters on here anyway so it makes sense :thumbsup: Thank you!

FranckSuzy
10-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I am delighted to advise £710 has been donated since yesterday, taking us up to 89 KfK STs :thumbsup: Wonderful stuff, as ever, from our fans :not worth

Admins: please can you update the thread title to 89 tickets? :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
10-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Excellent work hats off

FranckSuzy
10-07-2018, 09:27 PM
I am delighted to advise £710 has been donated since yesterday, taking us up to 89 KfK STs :thumbsup: Wonderful stuff, as ever, from our fans :not worth

Admins: please can you update the thread title to 89 tickets? :aok:

Make that £860 donated since yesterday :not worth

Admins: please can you update the thread title to 91 tickets? :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
11-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Funds for another 3 KfK STs have been received, taking us up to 94 :not worth

Admins: please can you update the title to show the above? Many thanks :aok:

FranckSuzy
15-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Thanks to donations received, we are now up to 99 KfK STs :thumbsup:

Admins: please can you update the thread title to reflect the above? :aok:

Since1875Hibs
15-07-2018, 03:29 PM
£75 sent on behalf of Since 1875.

Congratulations to you Suzy, you do a terrific job and should be proud of what you’ve achieved.

FranckSuzy
15-07-2018, 03:40 PM
£75 sent on behalf of Since 1875.

Congratulations to you Suzy, you do a terrific job and should be proud of what you’ve achieved.

Received, thank you very much and it's an absolute pleasure :agree: :thumbsup: Make that 100 Kicks for Kids season tickets now :not worth:flag:

brog
15-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Received, thank you very much and it's an absolute pleasure :agree: :thumbsup: Make that 100 Kicks for Kids season tickets now :not worth:flag:

Well done Suzy, it's an absolute pleasure to help such a great cause.

Seveno
15-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Well done, as ever, Suzy. £75 sent via PayPal.

FranckSuzy
15-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Well done, as ever, Suzy. £75 sent via PayPal.

Received, many thanks:thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
16-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Admins: please can you update the title to show 101 Kicks for Kids season tickets? :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
16-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Admins: please can you update the title to show 101 Kicks for Kids season tickets? :thumbsup:

I've updated the post - you want it in the title?

FranckSuzy
16-07-2018, 02:30 PM
I've updated the post - you want it in the title?

Yes please :greengrin :aok:

FranckSuzy
19-07-2018, 12:28 PM

I'm aiming to purchase the tickets next week - to allow Hibs time to allocate them before the first home game - so IF you'd like to contribute, now is the time :wink: :thumbsup::not worth :nlgwa

Bostonhibby
19-07-2018, 03:40 PM

I'm aiming to purchase the tickets next week - to allow Hibs time to allocate them before the first home game - so IF you'd like to contribute, now is the time :wink: [emoji106]:not worth :nlgwaWill sort tomorrow Susan.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
20-07-2018, 11:06 AM
102 Kicks for Kids season tickets being purchased today :thumbsup::not worth

Bostonhibby
20-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Payment Sent:aok:

FranckSuzy
20-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Payment Sent:aok:

Received, many thanks K :thumbsup:

102 KfK STs were purchased today and funds for another 2 have been received this afternoon :not worth

Admins: please can you update the thread title to 104? :aok:

FranckSuzy
02-08-2018, 01:34 PM
I received this email from Hibs yesterday and another 3 tickets were bought today, making 47 left for purchase :wink: :thumbsup:

"Hi Susan,

Claire said you’d been in and paid for 102 Kicks for Kids tickets – thanks so much again to you and the Hibs support for your generosity and continued support!

Other sponsors and fans have also purchased tickets and the total currently stands at 150. This means there is only 50 left for purchase should further funds become available.

How does this allocation work for you?

Street Soccer

Kids in Care

Dads Work

St Ninian’s Youth Club

The Venchie

Kids in the Street

Family Solutions

Royston Wardieburn Community Centre

Pilmeny Youth Centre

Multicultural Families Base

Ripple Project

Canongate Youth

Lothian Villa Children’s Home

Dean & Cauvin Trust

Gorgie Mills School

Total = 102

Thanks again, catch up soon!

Sue"

Admins: please can you update the thread title to 105 tickets? :aok:

FranckSuzy
02-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Another £75 was received this evening, taking us up to 106 KfK STS :thumbsup:

Admins: please can you update the thread title? :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Well done. Anyone know our total sales? Wonder if lastnight and Jamie Mac signing will see a late boost?

GloryGlory
03-08-2018, 06:14 PM
Well done. Anyone know our total sales? Wonder if lastnight and Jamie Mac signing will see a late boost?

A couple of days ago there was a figure of 13,300 on the official site.

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2018, 06:24 PM
A couple of days ago there was a figure of 13,300 on the official site.

Great effort thanks

CMurdoch
04-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Only 3 season tickets available when looking at the online dot system!!!

FranckSuzy
16-08-2018, 09:26 AM
With another 3 KfK STs purchased before our first home game, another 9 will be added today so many more children can attend the Aberdeen game :not worth

That takes us up to 114, so far, unless anyone else wishes to donate of course.........:wink: :thumbsup:

Admins: please can you update the title to 114? :aok:

Eyrie
16-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Leith Links has been Hibs class for six seasons now :not worth

danhibees1875
16-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Great initiative and well done for organising Suzy! :aok:

I've a couple of questions out of curiosity:

How do tickets get allocated? Do schools/clubs approach you or vice versa?

Is the uptake generally 100% of the tickets for each game?

FranckSuzy
16-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Leith Links has been Hibs class for six seasons now :not worth

As have our wonderful fans who donate :agree: :not worth

Great initiative and well done for organising Suzy! :aok:

I've a couple of questions out of curiosity:

How do tickets get allocated? Do schools/clubs approach you or vice versa?

Is the uptake generally 100% of the tickets for each game?

Bit of both :greengrin Sue McLernon at Hibs has a list of groups that either 1) can use or 2) have used tickets before and contacts them. Also, people who donate can nominate groups who they think would benefit from tickets and I also get advised of new ones or fans suggest them :aok:

Most tickets are used every game but when they are not picked up, the group is contacted to see why and if they can't use them/continue not to collect, they are allocated elsewhere. Also, Hibs ask for the tickets to be collected on the Thursday before a game so it gives the Club time to arrange for other groups to take them/make sure they have enough helpers to accompany the children etc :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
21-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Another 8 Kicks for Kids season tickets will be purchased today, taking us up to 122 :thumbsup:

Admins: please can you update the thread title? :aok:

FranckSuzy
21-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Thank you to the family who donated over £500 in memory of their son, Kenny. The tickets to honour him will be used by children to cheer on the Hibees on Sat v Aberdeen. RIP 💚

FranckSuzy
10-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Another 8 Kicks for Kids season tickets will be purchased today, taking us up to 130 :thumbsup:

HiBremian
10-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Fantastic work as ever, Susan, and happy to be part of the regular contributions crew.

Cheers

Richard

FranckSuzy
29-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Another 3 KfK STs tickets were bought today, taking us up to 133 :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
07-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Two lovely emails were received today, from groups who receive Kicks for Kids STs :thumbsup:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
We would like to thank you for the kicks for kids tickets.
This has enabled us to give more opportunities to the young people who use our project to sample the matchday experience.
It has been particularly rewarding to offer tickets to one young person who due to a family breakup had not been to Easter Road for a while. I also pass his thanks on as he was very pleased to get the chance to go along to the matches again.

Yours Faithfully

Kev Finlay
Kids In The Street"

"Dear Leith Links,

Gorgie Mills School would like to thank you for your kind donations that allow us to see the Hibees at Easter Road.
We are a special school for young people with social, emotional and behavioural needs.
We don't get the opportunity to see our team very often unless our teacher takes us. Your Kicks for Kids tickets are very much appreciated.
Thank you very much from all the Hibbies who have to suffer the indignities of walking past Tynecaste every day (:-P)

From
Mrs Ross
C Walker
W McIntosh
J Sillars
D Reid
R Kelly"

FifeHibs
19-11-2018, 11:06 PM
Good evening,

Are you able to purchase half season tickets for kfKs when they become available

Thanks

FranckSuzy
21-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Good evening,

Are you able to purchase half season tickets for kfKs when they become available

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, I've got the lurgy :ill: :greengrin

I don't normally purchase half STs as they are the same price as full season tickets (£75)... However, I have a group who would be delighted to receive an additional allocation, if anyone wishes to donate :wink::thumbsup: They are called 'Dadtastic (https://m.facebook.com/Circle.Scot/)', are part of the group 'Circle (https://twitter.com/circlescot)', and help promote healthy relationships between fathers and their children :not worth

(https://m.facebook.com/Circle.Scot/)

FifeHibs
21-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Hope your feeling better, can you pm details and I'll send over money thanks

FranckSuzy
29-05-2019, 05:31 PM
I received this lovely message today:

"DadsWork would like to thank yourself, Hibs and Sue McLernon for the opportunities our families have had through the Kicks for Kids this season. We were also delighted to have the opportunities from Lewis Stevenson for Aidan being Mascot v St Johnstone, these have created lifelong memories for our families to which we are delighted.

Below is feedback from 2 families:
... Having the opportunity to attend Hibs matches with my son has been amazing. My son has turned into a Hibs fanatic and it has brought father and son very close and giving my wife some well deserved restpite. We are extremely grateful for the chance to attend through DadsWork and hope there will be other opportunities in the future? Thank you for everything you have done to allow me and my son to attend.

C & N

I would like to thank Hibs for this year, this season has been amazing to watch with my son. First of all, I would like to thank Lewis Stevenson for making my son's dream come true, he loved being on the pitch and holding the match ball when he was a mascot in November 2018.
Being able to attend the games has made memories for both me and my son. Nothing beats the smile on his face. Lewis is my sons hero, Congratulations on a great season. We are already looking forward to next season?

A & A"

PS Watch out for next season's fundraiser, coming soon :wink: