PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Castle Park - Hosting Scotland u21s

Not In The Know
09-07-2018, 11:33 AM
So what is the official ruling on their pitch, is it not to small and unsuitable for European fixtures?

If so how can they host international fixtures?

tamig
09-07-2018, 11:36 AM
So what is the official ruling on their pitch, is it not to small and unsuitable for European fixtures?

Its not a full international. Their pitch is only suitable for Euro qualifiers not group stage and beyond.

bingo70
09-07-2018, 01:56 PM

Who are they playing?

Is it petty not going to that because it's at Tynecastle?

CMurdoch
09-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Who are they playing?

Don't and yes :wink:

greenginger
09-07-2018, 02:24 PM
I wonder if they have told the SFA they don't have a valid occupation certificate for the new stand or the changing facilities under the Wheatfield ???

Fife-Hibee
09-07-2018, 02:30 PM
I wonder if they have told the SFA they don't have a valid occupation certificate for the new stand or the changing facilities under the Wheatfield ???

Think it’s only fair someone let’s the SFA know 😉

OxoHibby
09-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Who are they playing?

Yeah its petty.
Would you go if it was Hibs in a league cup semi?

calumhibee1
09-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Seems strange to give an international game (even if it's not a full international) to a stadium that's incomplete and doesn't even have proper changing facilities.

Not In The Know
09-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Seems strange to give an international game (even if it's not a full international) to a stadium that's incomplete and doesn't even have proper changing facilities.

My very thoughts.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2018, 03:08 PM
They're obviously giving all the teams whose grounds don't quite meet the standard, or possibly never will, a wee bit of an incentive to continue trying to bring their facilities up to at least a minimum standard by letting them have access to less prestigious games. Probably be Edinburgh City's turn next time.

Sammy7nil
09-07-2018, 03:09 PM

Jealous Hobo :wink:

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Well Ann Budge said it's one of the most atmospheric stadia in world football so can't really blame the SFA. I just hope the young lads don't get stage fright playing in an arena like that.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Well Ann Budge said it's one of the most atmospheric stadia in world football so can't really blame the SFA. I just hope the young lads don't get stage fright playing in an arena like that.Agree

Not many of them will have played in an 18k capacity arena with a view of the slates on a school roof.

Maybe they'll get a go on the escalator if it's working.

Highlight of their careers I'd imagine.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

tamig
09-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Agree

Not many of them will have played in an 18k capacity arena with a view of the slates on a school roof.

A ride on the escalator then back down and out across the pitch to the changing rooms. The novelty factor alone will have the youngsters drooling.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2018, 05:20 PM
A ride on the escalator then back down and out across the pitch to the changing rooms. The novelty factor alone will have the youngsters drooling.Might get to spend some time with the life size plastic coo as well. Another first.

dchibs
09-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Well Ann Budge said it's one of the most atmospheric stadia in world football so can't really blame the SFA. I just hope the young lads don't get stage fright playing in an arena like that.

The next thing is she will be offering the young lads the use of their state of the art training facilities.

Billy Whizz
09-07-2018, 07:13 PM
The next thing is she will be offering the young lads the use of their state of the art training facilities.

Scotland 21’s will be based at Oriam, nothing to do with Hearts though
Probably makes sense to play locally, not sure why they picked Tynie over ER though

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 09:36 PM

I just worry. Too much too soon for the u21's. Maybe a friendly against Brazil in the Maracana first would prepare them for Tynecastle.

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Scotland 21’s will be based at Oriam, nothing to do with Hearts though
Probably makes sense to play locally, not sure why they picked Tynie over ER though

Hearts have spent a fortune on the rust arena, I presume the SFA want to be seen as rewarding their efforts and not playing favourites with Easter Road either … we have had a couple of full internationals since Hertz last hosted a Scotland game. I dare say if Aberdeen ever get their act together the new sheep pen will get chosen far more often than Pittodrie is now.

SRHibs
10-07-2018, 02:06 AM
Agree

The escalator is in perfect working order. You just have to move your legs as you ascend.

cocteautwin
10-07-2018, 02:12 AM

This is one thing that grips my tits, Hearts continual references to "Riccarton" as if it's some spiritual home for the Jambos instead of just a local hired sports centre that anyone can use. I think it's more spin by Barry Anderson being built up when he refers to the goings on over at "Riccarton" instead of Tynecastle.