PDA

View Full Version : Hibs vs Nsi Runavik

Souter96Mac
09-07-2018, 07:40 AM
Needless to say, I'm buzzing for Thursday. Oh how I've missed watching Hibs. How is everyone else feeling? What will the lineup likely be? Score predictions?

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 08:39 AM
I think they'll be hard to break down. 2-0

Famous Fiver
09-07-2018, 08:44 AM
After previous Inter Toto experiences my view is that, while we should win, we cannot afford to treat them lightly.

They will have done their homework, will be fit and well organised. As I understand it they are in the middle of their season. We are at the start of ours and from reports about yesterday's game, fitness is an issue.

I am sure Neil Lennon will have laid his plans and will have the team well up for it.

I am hugely looking forward to it. I've been watching Hibs for over 60 years and, as far as I can recall, I've never seen us play a team from the Faroes.

Nevi_SOL
09-07-2018, 08:45 AM
I think we’ll see a signing before the tie no inside info just a guess. But can’t wait for this either I’m gonna go 3-1 Hibs

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Looking forward to us putting 4 or 5 passed these guys.

5-0, Kamberi x3, Mallan and Boyle

jazzy7070
09-07-2018, 09:40 AM
what’s with the ticket site saying you have to pick a row and a seat number you want to be close to?was trying to book 3 tickets but can’t get past that bit,the other day there was a seating map

Brummie_Hibs
09-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Has anybody received their tickets in the post yet?

Souter96Mac
09-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Should be a tough game. They'll probably be more match fit than us, but our quality should hopefully shine through. I'll say a hard fought 2-0. Hopefully more of course, but it'll be another 90 mins under the players' belts, and then follow that up with a victory in the Faroe Islands.

Nameless
09-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Their fitness is the only thing they have going for them. Even unfit FULL-TIME PROFESSIONALS should have enough about them to beat an amateur team, so I can see absolutely no excuses for us not to win over the 2 legs. Even if it is only a 1-0 aggregate win, the important thing is to get through - performance and scoreline are inconsequential at this point.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
09-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Has anybody received their tickets in the post yet?

Good question. I'm still waiting for mine.

BT58
09-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Are they not getting put on your season ticket ??

Brummie_Hibs
09-07-2018, 10:30 AM

I requested a ticket to be posted out.

Bishop Hibee
09-07-2018, 10:30 AM
We’ll need to up our game from yesterday but I’m sure we will. I’m going for a comfortable 3-0 win

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2018, 10:39 AM
I was a lot more confident before Sunday than I am now. Hibs made a number of chances against Blackburn, in fact we were even gifted a couple by their defence, but our ability to find a killer final ball was lacking and our shooting powder puff. Though it has to be said a shorter goalie would probably have found himself lobbed by McGinn in the first half and Shaw in the second.

We looked pretty disjointed at times on Sunday and it was concerning how easily Blackburn found space in the middle of the park in the second half, their movement was far superior to ours at times, though our seeming lack of organisation in midfield made it easy for them.

Runavik aren't going to be anywhere near Blackburn's standard, but they will be fit and organised. Our finishing and final ball are going to have to be far better because if they aren't it could end up being a long evening ….. getting an early goal is going to be vital, if we get to half time and its still nil, nil the crowd will get restless and that's not going to help.

Bogdan

Gray, Ambrose, Hanlon, Stevenson

Boyle, Slivka, McGinn, Swanson

Shaw, Kamberi

No Bartley or McGregor because if our ambition to make the group stages is anything like realistic we simply cant be looking to play a holding midfield player or 5 defenders at home against the weakest team we could possibly have drawn …. no Mallan either because I don't think he is fit enough to start.

Hamish
09-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Hibs 1/12 with Bet365.

hibby6270
09-07-2018, 10:42 AM
I think we’ll see a signing before the tie no inside info just a guess. But can’t wait for this either I’m gonna go 3-1 Hibs

Even if we do make a signing before Thursday, he/they won’t be eligible to play in this round of the competition. Deadline was last Friday which is good that we got Steve Mallan over the line just in time.

hibby6270
09-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Yes - if you chose that option.

hibby6270
09-07-2018, 10:57 AM
I was a lot more confident before Sunday than I am now. Hibs made a number of chances against Blackburn, in fact we were even gifted a couple by their defence, but our ability to find a killer final ball was lacking and our shooting powder puff. Though it has to be said a shorter goalie would probably have found himself lobbed by McGinn in the first half and Shaw in the second.

We looked pretty disjointed at times on Sunday and it was concerning how easily Blackburn found space in the middle of the park in the second half, their movement was far superior to ours at times, though our seeming lack of organisation in midfield made it easy for them.

Runavik aren't going to be anywhere near Blackburn's standard, but they will be fit and organised. Our finishing and final ball are going to have to be far better because if they aren't it could end up being a long evening ….. getting an early goal is going to be vital, if we get to half time and its still nil, nil the crowd will get restless and that's not going to help.

Bogdan

Gray, Ambrose, Hanlon, Stevenson

Boyle, Slivka, McGinn, Swanson

Shaw, Kamberi

No Bartley or McGregor because if our ambition to make the group stages is anything like realistic we simply cant be looking to play a holding midfield player or 5 defenders at home against the weakest team we could possibly have drawn …. no Mallan either because I don't think he is fit enough to start.

Agree. We don’t need Bartley in this game. Maybe in the return leg if the first leg score is suitably in our favour.
I’d put Mallan in for Swanson. I’m afraid Danny didn’t shine (again) yesterday.

Do we need a back four in the first leg? I doubt Runavik will be over ambitious as an attacking force. I could be surprised and totally wrong but they’ll likely set up to contain rather than all out attack, unlike us who should be as offensive as possible.

So my line up would be pretty much yours but a back 3 with Gray pushed forward and Boyle up front with Kamberi and Shaw. And of course Mallan in for Swanson.

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Hibs 1/12 with Bet365.

Just put £10 on 5-0, hopefully make me some beer money for Greece.

Hamish
09-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Just put £10 on 5-0, hopefully make me some beer money for Greece.

Fair shout.

Tenner on Runavik to win 5-0 it is then.

Carheenlea
09-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Double figure victory over two legs - see the tie off with a 6-0 win on Thursday night.

Borderhibbie76
09-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Looking forward to us putting 4 or 5 passed these guys.

5-0, Kamberi x3, Mallan and BoyleFor that to happen we will need to be a whole lot better at both creating and finishing than we were yesterday...and with more or less the same team I wish in shared your confidence. I think it will be more of a slog and a 2 or 3 goal win

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bingo70
09-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Even if we do make a signing before Thursday, he/they won’t be eligible to play in this round of the competition. Deadline was last Friday which is good that we got Steve Mallan over the line just in time.

That's not true.

We are still allowed an additional two 'wildcards' hat can be registered up until 11pm the night before the game.

Billy Whizz
09-07-2018, 11:31 AM
That's not true.

We are still allowed an additional two 'wildcards' hat can be registered up until 11pm the night before the game.

But the Hibs charter plane leaves the night before😄

bingo70
09-07-2018, 11:32 AM

That's their problem.

They'll just need to swim. :wink:

B.H.F.C
09-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Was pretty painful viewing yesterday. We didn’t look right at all.

Might work to our advantage as I’ve no doubt whatsoever that Lennon will have given them a rocket on the back of that performance and we’ll see a vast improvement on Thursday.

I think we’ll be comfortable.

marinello59
09-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Was pretty painful viewing yesterday. We didn’t look right at all.

Might work to our advantage as I’ve no doubt whatsoever that Lennon will have given them a rocket on the back of that performance and we’ll see a vast improvement on Thursday.

I think we’ll be comfortable.

It was a kick about in the sun, nothing more. We’ll be fine on Thursday.

Hibbyradge
09-07-2018, 11:36 AM
Were there Scouts from Runavik at the game?

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 11:39 AM
For that to happen we will need to be a whole lot better at both creating and finishing than we were yesterday...and with more or less the same team I wish in shared your confidence. I think it will be more of a slog and a 2 or 3 goal win

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We are playing some part-time Faroes lads, not Blackburn Rovers. Couple of early goals for us and they'll crumble.

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Were there Scouts from Runavik at the game?

He couldn't get time off his work to come over for it.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Bogdan

Efe McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Slivka McGinn Mallan Stevenson

Shaw Flo

St Pauli Hibee
09-07-2018, 11:46 AM
First batch of Runavik fans arrived in early hours of this morning.

Must admit looking at their facebook page is brilliant, photos and videos of their journey to Edinburgh is really nice

Just hope we are up for this as if their team are as up for it as their fans seem to be this could be a right test for us on Thursday

davhibby
09-07-2018, 11:49 AM

Why are they flying to Easter Road?

Jamesie
09-07-2018, 01:39 PM
First batch of Runavik fans arrived in early hours of this morning.

Must admit looking at their facebook page is brilliant, photos and videos of their journey to Edinburgh is really nice

Just hope we are up for this as if their team are as up for it as their fans seem to be this could be a right test for us on Thursday

Do you have a link to their facebook page? Would be interested in having a look at that!

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 04:32 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fns irunavikfc%2Fvideos%2F1808653672514149%2F&show_text=0&width=267" width="267" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 04:34 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fns irunavikfc%2Fvideos%2F1808763829169800%2F&show_text=1&width=267" width="267" height="709" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 04:43 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fns irunavikfc%2Fvideos%2F1808653672514149%2F&show_tex t=0&width=267" width="267" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Hibee Mac
09-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Bogdan

Efe McGregor Hanlon

Shaw Flo

Like the look of this, seems well balanced in midfield.

GreenCastle
09-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Will SJM be cup tied if he plays ?

Same applies to SA for Celtic ?

Won’t be easy game as basically we are still early in pre-season.

Do we know if they have played any games ?

we are hibs
09-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Hibs 6-0. Kamberi, Boyle x2, slivka, Hanlon and Shaw.

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Will SJM be cup tied if he plays ?

Same applies to SA for Celtic ?

Won’t be easy game as basically we are still early in pre-season.

Do we know if they have played any games ?

You can no longer be cup tied in European competition.

SChibs
09-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Bogdan
Gray efe hanlon Lewis
Slivka mcginn
Boyle Mallan Swanson
Kamberi

Plenty creativity and decent amount of width in this team.

hfc rd
09-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Bogdan

Efe McGregor Hanlon

Shaw Flo

That’s the team, I’d go with as well

B.H.F.C
10-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Referee looks an interesting one.

In 7 games at International / European level he’s given 6 red cards and 34 yellows! Including sending off Ryan Porteous for Scotland 19s.

Just as well Lennon is in the stand!

California-Hibs
10-07-2018, 09:37 AM

In 7 games at International / European level he’s given 6 red cards and 34 yellows! Including sending off Ryan Porteous for Scotland 19s.

Thats nuts! Average of 5 yellows a game and 1 red. Interesting indeed

jgl07
10-07-2018, 09:38 AM
You can no longer be cup tied in European competition.

Evan under the old rules, there would be no cup tied players.

Celtic are in the Champions League and Hibs in the Europa League.

Big_Franck
10-07-2018, 09:42 AM

Who is the referee for Thursday? That's not ideal as to do well in the Europa League we'll need to keep our cards and suspensions to key players to a bare minimum. Last thing we need is 4 or 5 players going in to the Greek game on yellows for innocuous fouls against the Faroese side.

Souter96Mac
10-07-2018, 09:45 AM

Marv and McGinn better be careful. Sounds like it won't take the ref much to blow his whistle.

B.H.F.C
10-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Who is the referee for Thursday? That's not ideal as to do well in the Europa League we'll need to keep our cards and suspensions to key players to a bare minimum. Last thing we need is 4 or 5 players going in to the Greek game on yellows for innocuous fouls against the Faroese side.

Some 26 year old from Lithuania. There’s a bit about him in the EEN.

Big_Franck
10-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Some 26 year old from Lithuania. There’s a bit about him in the EEN.

Cheers :aok:

Famous Fiver
10-07-2018, 09:58 AM
Does his dad have a submarine or drive a taxi?

Sounds highly suspicious to me.

NAE NOOKIE
10-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Oh dear, that doesn't bode well …. he sounds just like the sort of officious little prick you always suspect UEFA hand these early Europa ties to so they can screw up out of the glare op publicity and without upsetting the clubs they really care about.

franks
10-07-2018, 10:31 AM

Interesting indeed but could work in our favour if the Faroese side play an aggressive game.

Don't think NL is in the stand for this game, sure his ban only applies to domestic games.

B.H.F.C
10-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Interesting indeed but could work in our favour if the Faroese side play an aggressive game.

Don't think NL is in the stand for this game, sure his ban only applies to domestic games.

He got a 5 math ban in Europe for getting sent to the stand against Brondby.

hibbyfraelibby
10-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Marv and McGinn better be careful. Sounds like it won't take the ref much to blow his whistle.

In that case Slicks should play...if only as an interpreter to defuse things

Callum7
10-07-2018, 11:21 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1808763829169800&id=392945194085011&fs=5&focus_composer=0&ref=page_internal

Scroll too the bottom of the comments. They’re looking for a pub too watch the world cup game tonight.

Lendo
10-07-2018, 11:41 AM
He got a 5 math ban in Europe for getting sent to the stand against Brondby.

Different ban. He has the domestic one and the European one. Suspended for both these legs and (assuming we get through) both of the next games too.

Hermit Crab
10-07-2018, 12:11 PM

Do you think he'll play?

Mick O'Rourke
10-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Does his dad have a submarine or drive a taxi?

Sounds highly suspicious to me.

Wrong guy
The pirate you are referring to will be at at the Luzhinki stadium in Moscow the morn,scoffing beluga,washed down with a cheeky wee Krug in a well appointed all inclusive private suite with the best view of the pitch.
Goodness..he has to spend some of that pension fund somewhere.

In saying that,his old KGB pals will likely be looking after him:Romanov: