PDA

View Full Version : Hibee from the "D"

DetroitHibs
09-07-2018, 04:01 AM
Well not quite Detroit, but the state of Michigan. Thought I'd say hi and introduce myself to a great bunch of lads here. Long time lurker and happy to be part of this great forum. Was a season ticket holder back in the late 90's before moving here about 14 years ago. I follow mostly on Hibs TV now, but get to the odd game whenever I'm back home in Leith.

Looking forward to the new campaign and hopefully a European run.

:nlgwa

cabbageandribs1875
09-07-2018, 04:07 AM
do you remember the Spinners :greengrin

and welcome

DetroitHibs
09-07-2018, 04:17 AM

and welcome

Haha, bit before my time, not quite that old :aok:

Nameless
09-07-2018, 04:22 AM
Welcome.

Have you tried the Detroit Pizza yet?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
09-07-2018, 04:23 AM
Well not quite Detroit, but the state of Michigan. Thought I'd say hi and introduce myself to a great bunch of lads here. Long time lurker and happy to be part of this great forum. Was a season ticket holder back in the late 90's before moving here about 14 years ago. I follow mostly on Hibs TV now, but get to the odd game whenever I'm back home in Leith.

Going to be in Michigan this month, going up to Torch Lake for a few days vacation 👍👍

DetroitHibs
09-07-2018, 04:31 AM
Haven't tried a Detroit pizza, have had a Detroit Coney chili dog though. Pretty great dog!

Torch lake looks beautiful, especially this time of year. Haven't visited there, did make it Mackinac Island a few years ago. Beautiful part of the state too. Now winter here, that's another story.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2018, 04:46 AM

and welcome

Surely the emeralds would be more apt. :-)

HoboHarry
09-07-2018, 05:15 AM
Haven't tried a Detroit pizza, have had a Detroit Coney chili dog though. Pretty great dog!

Torch lake looks beautiful, especially this time of year. Haven't visited there, did make it Mackinac Island a few years ago. Beautiful part of the state too. Now winter here, that's another story.

I hear you on the winter thing. My wife grew up in Niles, Michigan and thankfully we both prefer a warmer climate, hence living in Texas......

One Day Soon
09-07-2018, 06:39 AM
What is this place coming to? Standards slipping all over the place. :bitchy:

LTYF, obviously.

DetroitHibs
09-07-2018, 07:39 AM
What is this place coming to? Standards slipping all over the place. :bitchy:

LTYF, obviously.

Okay enlighten me to "LTYF" :confused:

Souter96Mac
09-07-2018, 07:55 AM

I was in Detroit a year ago, taking in some baseball. An interesting place, with some great breweries and bars.

Sammy7nil
09-07-2018, 08:03 AM

Just about Every new poster gets accused of being a Jambo LTYF is a sort of tounge in cheek comment to admins saying launch the Yam F***

Hibbyradge
09-07-2018, 08:04 AM

Worry not.

He's merely accusing you of being an undercover hearts fan.

LTYF = Launch the Yam Fud.

But you can relax. It's just a jolly jape.

For now.

KWJ
09-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Was amazed when I was in Ontario just how close Detroit and Windsor are and that you drive can drive south from America to enter Canada.

Red Wings? Little Caesars Palace or whatever it's called 😁

bigwheel
09-07-2018, 09:21 AM

Never mind the fitba - if I give you a list of rare 60s soul music I’m after - can you go record searching for me ??? [emoji2][emoji6]

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Worked for a bit at Ford in Dearborn in 97.
Was quite depressed back then and some rough spots.
We headed to Niagra and Toronto rather than Chicago for the weekend. Good times tho. Made a bit of. A name for myself falling asleep standing in a club - it was the jet lag!

hibee_nation
10-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Detroit versus everybody.
One Pride.

DetroitHibs
10-07-2018, 12:54 AM
Detroit versus everybody.
One Pride.

I should have done a bit more research before choosing the Lions as my NFL team. Never in the history of watching sports have I seen a team find a way to lose or get screwed more than the Lions. Seen some pretty dire stuff following Hibs over the years, but these guys take the cake.

hibee_nation
10-07-2018, 08:42 AM
I should have done a bit more research before choosing the Lions as my NFL team. Never in the history of watching sports have I seen a team find a way to lose or get screwed more than the Lions. Seen some pretty dire stuff following Hibs over the years, but these guys take the cake.

This is our year. Hibs can win the cup the Lions can win the superbowl lol

Iggy Pope
10-07-2018, 01:20 PM

Iggy's home state :greengrin