PDA

View Full Version : Neil lennon

AugustaHibs
08-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Wondering if anyone knows the reason lennon hasn’t spoke to the media/hibs Tv recently? Even after the game it’s gary Parker and not Neil.

Just wondering if anyone knows why? I love Neil and am not having a go.

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 06:44 PM
John McGinn is the reason.

ancient hibee
08-07-2018, 06:45 PM
John McGinn is the reason.

Exactly.

Nicho87
08-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Definatley some sort of issue here imo.

Love Lenny too but some sort of point is being made. Not done any hibs TV stuff. Can't imagine the marketing team are loving that releasing latest videos and it's the assistant again. No offence Parker but everyone wants the managers thoughts. Lennon no happy I think.

Billychaotic182
08-07-2018, 07:17 PM
Probably pissed off that he will be in the stand for the next 4 games and doesn’t want to get in more bother moaning about it. Plus he probably doesn’t want to have to answer questions about McGinns future. What is worrying is that he hasn’t don’t anything with our own hibs tv. It’s not like Cliff would ask him things that he wouldn’t want to go over so rather strange.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Definatley some sort of issue here imo.

Love Lenny too but some sort of point is being made. Not done any hibs TV stuff. Can't imagine the marketing team are loving that releasing latest videos and it's the assistant again. No offence Parker but everyone wants the managers thoughts. Lennon no happy I think.

I think it was the same last summer was it not?

I think it’s strange but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.

madhatter
08-07-2018, 07:18 PM
I think Lennon isn’t happy about something. Not doing Hibs TV interviews? That isn’t about McGinn, he can simply ask them not to raise it in the interview. Parker wasn’t asked about it so...

Hopefully everything is ok but very strange doing no interviews.

Tobias Funke
08-07-2018, 07:26 PM
I think Lennon isn’t happy about something. Not doing Hibs TV interviews? That isn’t about McGinn, he can simply ask them not to raise it in the interview. Parker wasn’t asked about it so...

Hopefully everything is ok but very strange doing no interviews.

You love anything negative about the club so this will be right up your street.:aok:

madhatter
08-07-2018, 07:39 PM
You love anything negative about the club so this will be right up your street.:aok:

Just following me around all threads to make smart comments about me? There is good humour and then there is childishness...guess that’s why forums are great as there is a freedom for all sorts to make comments. Whatever floats your boat :aok:

Heisenberg
08-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Did Lennon not do the same last pre season? Maybe he just likes a break from the media side of the game. We have heard from him a few times this summer though.

jacomo
08-07-2018, 08:04 PM
As Hibs have not denied that Lenny threw a glass of red wine over Petrie and told LD he’s out the door, I’m going to let my imagination run free and make up all sorts of wild stories.

Of course, it could just be that GP needs some practice in front of the media and Lenny doesn’t really feel the need to be fielding questions about SJM right now, but where’s the fun in that?

madhatter
08-07-2018, 08:13 PM
As Hibs have not denied that Lenny threw a glass of red wine over Petrie and told LD he’s out the door, I’m going to let my imagination run free and make up all sorts of wild stories.

Of course, it could just be that GP needs some practice in front of the media and Lenny doesn’t really feel the need to be fielding questions about SJM right now, but where’s the fun in that?

Pretty sure nobody came up with such an elaborate story, nothing beats a good hyperbole though! What you missed out was Petrie decked Lenny and then set about all the players. Petrie lost it, ripped his SFA blazer and the rest of his attire off then ran streaking around Edinburgh in a fit of rage. Leeann Dempster handed in her notice the next day stating she couldn’t deal with Petrie’s shenanigans. This is top secret stuff though.

Parker never got asked about McGinn so Lennon wanting to avoid questions about McGinn doesn’t make sense. He may be trying to keep low profile due to his ban, that I can understand but still find strange. No major interviews with the manager on Hibs TV during the pre-season is a little strange, sorry, even if strange is something we should expect from Lennon from time to time.

hibee_kara
08-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Another bout of depression? Could well be if Parker is doing media duties etc

The_Horde
08-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Did Lennon not do the same last pre season? Maybe he just likes a break from the media side of the game. We have heard from him a few times this summer though.

Yep. And the one before (but to be fair with that one he was away living it up and getting pished at the euros)

WoreTheGreen
08-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Cheap shot clown

dunfyhibby
08-07-2018, 08:25 PM

For ****** sake!!! Give the man a ******in break

Heisenberg
08-07-2018, 08:28 PM

FFS! The guy hands his assistant the media duties after a couple of pre season games and all of a sudden his depression is back! Ridiculous.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Cheap shot clown

I don’t think the poster you quoted meant to cause offence?

He suffers from depression so it’s a possibility.

I don’t think it’s something we should be scared to discuss although I also recognise it’s mayve something we shouldn’t speculate about.

I honestly don’t know however I don’t think the poster you quoted meant offence, that’s certainly not the tone I detected anyway....

Wilson
08-07-2018, 08:31 PM

Jumping to conclusions.

My own are that doing the bare minimum is as close to a holiday as a manager like Neil Lennon can get.

Typically he is in the thick of it. Involved in everything and quoted on all matters concerning football - and not even just the goings on at his own club.

He is quiet just now but I don't expect it will last.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Jumping to conclusions.

My own are that doing the bare minimum is as close to a holiday as a manager like Neil Lennon can get.

Typically he is in the thick of it. Involved in everything and quoted on all matters concerning football - and not even just the goings on at his own club.

He is quiet just now but I don't expect it will last.

They’ve not jumped to any conclusion, there’s a question mark there.

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Cheap shot clown

In what way is that a "shot", cheap or otherwise? :confused:

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 08:42 PM
For ****** sake!!! Give the man a ******in break

I think he's being empathetic and understanding.

Do you think that acknowledging someone's illness is an attack on them?

SRHibs
08-07-2018, 08:42 PM
Why do people get so precious at the single mention of mental health problems? No wonder there’s still a stigma surrounding the area.

NL himself has been extremely open about his struggles, and I definitely don’t think the poster meant any offence. The lack of public appreances is a bit odd, and as someone who has suffered from anxiety/depression myself, I also wondered whether NL was using the summer break to recharge his batteries.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:43 PM
In what way is that a "shot", cheap or otherwise? :confused:

Think we’ve had this discussion before Radge, possibly on the PM board?

I remember you putting forward a persuasive argument for discussing his depression openly and not hiding it.

As I said in a previous post I don’t know if it’s right to discuss it or if it’s wrong to speculate about it but I do think the person asking the question on this thread has had a pretty harsh response.

iwasthere1972
08-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Does anybody know how long it takes to build a life size plane from airfix?

Too many interviews nowadays. Not surprised most managers looked totally pissed off doing them.

Thecat23
08-07-2018, 08:48 PM
This has car crash all over it!!!

For me I think it’s McGinn and what’s happening behind the scenes. If it is his mental health which Lennon has openly spoke about and which is good he did. I feel posters can still put that theory over without being attacked. Mental health is everywhere and yes it maybe could be that for all we know it might not be either of McGinn or Lennons issues maybe he fancies letting Parker just do it. Come the new season Lennon will no doubt be back in front of the cameras!

heidtheba
08-07-2018, 08:49 PM
I'm not going to read too much into this tbh. There's nothing wrong with the assistant taking the press interviews, there's not a lot needing said that will be said on tv anyway, just the usual round of smokescreens, negotiating positions or such like. Neil's had a couple of really pressured seasons and, if we are going to discuss his mental health here, he's due a proper holiday. He either comes out and says nothing, what's the point of that, or he speaks frankly and he get's fevered speculation or a whole pile of pressure. What is needing to be done will be done, what he can't maneuver around in the transfer market will make no difference as to whether he talks or not. There's no need for him to do these, we won't get a correct story anyway and the guy is due a break. I also don't imagine the transfer window offers that much of a break anyway.
Happy holidays Neil, you deserve a break before another big Hibs season.

Brightside
08-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Wondering if anyone knows the reason lennon hasn’t spoke to the media/hibs Tv recently? Even after the game it’s gary Parker and not Neil.

He can’t be arsed. From the horses mouth. He doesn’t need to yet and best he doesn’t.

Brightside
08-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Nope. Lennon like many lives with it. The back team sign players not lennon. And he’s no reason to talk about friendlies with the press. Be very sure that he gave them all a rocket today.

madhatter
08-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Does anybody know how long it takes to build a life size plane from airfix?

Too many interviews nowadays. Not surprised most managers looked totally pissed off doing them.

Pretty strange for an ex-manager to do an interview in honour of a player he briefly worked with and for the current manager not to though, no? We’ve got a thread on here criticising the paying fans for not turning up to honour a club legend, surely the club manager could come under flak for not doing an interview no matter how tedious he may find it, after all he is paid for it is he not?

I’ve got no idea if Lennon hates interviews. Be surprised if he does seeing as he’s done some media work as a pundit which follows a question/answer approach.

I’ve got no problem with him being a bit quiet, just a bit strange.

Hibeewilly
08-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Lenny looked full on today....shouting at players for any bit of slackness....I was right behind the dugout as a one off for this game and he was fully involved. No concerns from me on this one

bingo70
08-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Nope. Lennon like many lives with it. The back team sign players not lennon. And he’s no reason to talk about friendlies with the press. Be very sure that he gave them all a rocket today.

That’s fine and hopefully there’s no issue as I’m sure there’s not.

One small point though is that when he speaks to the press, he’s not just speaking to the press. It’s how the vast majority of the fans get to know what he’s thinking and that’s generally speaking something fans are interested in.

I come on here as I’m interested to know what other Hibs fans are thinking and saying, if I’m interested what half the donuts on here think I’m definitely interested in what the manager is thinking and what he has to say.

Anyway, it sounds like I’m making a bigger deal of this than it is, I recognise that it’s a long season ahead and as other have said he maybe just wants a break from media before getting stuck into it again this season, I do think it’s a bit strange though.

hibbyfraelibby
08-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Lenny is just busy behind the scenes rebuilding his midfield and letting Gary P get the practise in for the 4 games coming up when hes not allowed in the techical area, tunnel or dressing rooms for half an hour after the game and cannot do the interviews.

Brightside
08-07-2018, 09:09 PM

One small point though is that when he speaks to the press, he’s not just speaking to the press. It’s how the vast majority of the fans get to know what he’s thinking and that’s generally speaking something fans are interested in.

I come on here as I’m interested to know what other Hibs fans are thinking and saying, if I’m interested what half the donuts on here think I’m definitely interested in what the manager is thinking and what he has to say.

Anyway, it sounds like I’m making a bigger deal of this than it is, I recognise that it’s a long season ahead and as other have said he maybe just wants a break from media before getting stuck into it again this season, I do think it’s a bit strange though.

I’m not having a go at you Bingo. He just wants to concentrate on his job at the moment. We need to be focused on Thursday and I would guess hes pissed off with other chat getting in the way. Thursday isn’t the walk over some think. 👍

Sammy7nil
08-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Doughnuts !! Bams maybe but doughnuts surely not :greengrin

bingo70
08-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Doughnuts !! Bams maybe but doughnuts surely not :greengrin

I include myself in that by the way.

madhatter
08-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Lenny is just busy behind the scenes rebuilding his midfield and letting Gary P get the practise in for the 4 games coming up when hes not allowed in the techical area, tunnel or dressing rooms for half an hour after the game and cannot do the interviews.

Surely Parkers had enough practice having been Lennon’s assistant for a while :rolleyes:

Lennon should’ve sat in the stands today then, check out the view, get used to the gulls and make sure his seat is comfy all in preparation for Thursday. Joking aside, what you’ve said only rings true if Lennon wasn’t on the touch line today. Pretty sure this isn’t being done to give Parker practice.

SunshineOnLeith
08-07-2018, 09:20 PM

Absolute state of this.

Every time Scott Allan gets subbed off or doesn't have a 10/10 do you say 'another bout of diabetes?'

hibee_kara
08-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Wow some over-reactions. Least the majority knew what i intended. In lennons first season in charge he let parker do a lot of media work as he openly admitted to suffering at that stage. Wasnt having a go.

Brightside
08-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Surely Parkers had enough practice having been Lennon’s assistant for a while :rolleyes:

Lennon should’ve sat in the stands today then, check out the view, get used to the gulls and make sure his seat is comfy all in preparation for Thursday. Joking aside, what you’ve said only rings true if Lennon wasn’t on the touch line today. Pretty sure this isn’t being done to give Parker practice.

What do you have against Lennon? And what are you expecting from him?

madhatter
08-07-2018, 10:51 PM
What do you have against Lennon? And what are you expecting from him?

Nothing. What do you have against fans that didn’t turn up today? What are you expecting from them?

Have no idea why you feel you can dish it out to all fans that didn’t turn up today but are taking me pointing out facts about Lennon as some sort of dig at him. I really like Lennon, is one of my favourite Hibs managers in my time following the club. He didn’t do an interview after a club legends testimonial. If that’s ok in your books, many fans not turning up is fine in mine. Fair is fair, cannot over critique one and be lenient on another.

SaulGoodman
08-07-2018, 11:10 PM
What a ****ing train wreck this site has turned into. A bunch of grown men (and women) sitting on edge waiting for the one post that will tip them over the edge and set them off on their rant.

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Absolute state of this.

Every time Scott Allan gets subbed off or doesn't have a 10/10 do you say 'another bout of diabetes?'

Well, yes actually.

I mentioned the fact that Allan has only played the full 90 minutes once since his return and his diabetes was offered as a reason.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2018, 03:16 AM
What a ****ing train wreck this site has turned into. A bunch of grown men (and women) sitting on edge waiting for the one post that will tip them over the edge and set them off on their rant.

Opinions eh?🌪🤤 I hear you tho. Became a fact of life on tinternet footie forums from time to time.

HH81
09-07-2018, 06:02 AM
Why do they even waste their time doing interviews after friendlies? It's just a fitness and formation exercise.

I'm guessing they would all say the same things. Were working hard, getting the fitness levels up, trying out new formations in a game that means nothing etc.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-07-2018, 06:21 AM
Why do they even waste their time doing interviews after friendlies? It's just a fitness and formation exercise.

I'm guessing they would all say the same things. Were working hard, getting the fitness levels up, trying out new formations in a game that means nothing etc.

I'm always quite amazed at how much stock fans put in managers interviews, although admittedly Lennon is better value and more honest than most.

Sammy7nil
09-07-2018, 08:15 AM
I'm always quite amazed at how much stock fans put in managers interviews, although admittedly Lennon is better value and more honest than most.

I am always amazed how poorly fans are treated by managers and clubs who often taking fans for granted. This not a dig at NL or Hibs just football clubs and managers in general.

Deejk107
09-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Why on earth do people assume that people are taking shots at the manager for bringing up depression? The man suffers from depression, we all know that so it's hardly taking shots at him by bringing it up, it is definitely a possibility, saying he might be depressed again doesn't mean he's a loony who deserves to be locked up or that, he is just a man who sometimes suffers from depression.

People really need to drop the stigma around this, the way i see it if the people here are outraged by someone suggesting that the manager has another bout of depression how on earth will they ever be able to acknowledge that someone they know personally has it in order to help them. To see people act like it's an insult to be called depressed it's plain to see what they think of people with mental illness imo..

Big L
09-07-2018, 09:41 AM
I think it's certainly the McGinn/Cektic situ. Lenny's been stating McGinn's value at £5Mill and Celtic, a club he obviously loves offered a paltry £1.5Mill. It's difficult for him, he knows he's on a hiding to nothing if he discuss's the matter with the press, he doesn't want to be involved in negative comments regarding Celtic and their is plenty to say about their shifty offer for McGinn.

ancient hibee
09-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Everybody can congratulate Neil Lennon for having the guts to discuss his mental problems in the media and for his efforts to help others with problems.There should be no congratulations for anyone who think a football fans forum is the place to discuss anybody else’s mental problems and to hazard a guess about how they are affecting someone who I’m quite sure most have never met.

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2018, 10:08 AM

This:agree:

Bostonhibby
09-07-2018, 10:14 AM
FFS! The guy hands his assistant the media duties after a couple of pre season games and all of a sudden his depression is back! Ridiculous.Yep, good man management, delegates and shares the load with a trusted and capable deputy.

The opposite of the doctor football and Father Dougal dream team and we don't need to send a runner with a note as a reminder of how that style worked out.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Lago
09-07-2018, 10:39 AM
I think it's certainly the McGinn/Cektic situ. Lenny's been stating McGinn's value at £5Mill and Celtic, a club he obviously loves offered a paltry £1.5Mill. It's difficult for him, he knows he's on a hiding to nothing if he discuss's the matter with the press, he doesn't want to be involved in negative comments regarding Celtic and their is plenty to say about their shifty offer for McGinn.

Probably begining to realise what it's like to manage a Scottish club other than one of the OF. Not easy.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Probably begining to realise what it's like to manage a Scottish club other than one of the OF. Not easy.

Probably realised that when he saw the unpaid aromatherapy bill at Leicester... :)

talcy
09-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Everybody can congratulate Neil Lennon for having the guts to discuss his mental problems in the media and for his efforts to help others with problems.There should be no congratulations for anyone who think a football fans forum is the place to discuss anybody else’s mental problems and to hazard a guess about how they are affecting someone who I’m quite sure most have never met.

:top marks The internet is both a marvel and a curse at times.

The Green Goblin
09-07-2018, 11:21 AM
I think it's the gulls. He is afraid of the gulls. Definitely the gulls... The gulls.

Hibbyradge
09-07-2018, 11:41 AM

Yet it's ok to discuss Scott Allan's diabetes, Dylan McGeoch's malleolar problems or Paul Hanlon's knee.

Why not someone's mental health?

tamig
09-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Yet it's ok to discuss Scott Allan's diabetes, Dylan McGeoch's malleolar problems or Paul Hanlon's knee.

Because for far too many it’s still taboo with a stigma attached to it. Something different and personal so a no-go. Basically all the things the mental health charities want to get away from. It’s obviously difficult for some to see though.

ancient hibee
09-07-2018, 03:06 PM

No I don’t think it’s ok to discuss non football illnesses of people we don’t know.

MWHIBBIES
09-07-2018, 04:12 PM
No I don’t think it’s ok to discuss non football illnesses of people we don’t know.I agree.

I think this ''bout of depression'' thing whenever Lennon doesn't do interviews or gets pissed off at refereeing decisions is seriously insulting. Simply because someone has spoken about something publicly doesn't mean it isn't still his personal business. Its such an insulting thing for someone with depression to hear as well. Like suggesting a woman is in a bad mood because its ''her time of the month'' and not because you're ****ing annoying her.

Depression doesn't go away, there are good days and bad days. I'm sure after many years Lennon will have his ways of coping with it and coming out stronger. If that involves missing the odd media appearance fine, it could well be the reason, but, IMO, its far more likely to be something else.

SquashedFrogg
09-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Diaagree. He could easily have batted away questions with simple diplomacy. "We have a valuation and will wait and see if it's met..." etc

Hardly an awkward situation. I'd suspect he just had other things to do and asked his assistant to 'assist'.

I'd also be astonished if a club didn't start low when making an offer so hardly shifty.

You seem to like the thought of him loving Celtic though.

Big L
09-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Diaagree. He could easily have batted away questions with simple diplomacy. "We have a valuation and will wait and see if it's met..." etc

Hardly an awkward situation. I'd suspect he just had other things to do and asked his assistant to 'assist'.

I'd also be astonished if a club didn't start low when making an offer so hardly shifty.

You seem to like the thought of him loving Celtic though.

Your entitled to your opinion as am I. But just for clarification, I couldn't give a flYing duck about Lenny's obvious affection for Celtic, what matters to me is that he continues to do good job for Hibs. Maybe we will hear from him once a fee has been agreed with Tic.

ian cruise
09-07-2018, 06:52 PM
I agree.

I think this ''bout of depression'' thing whenever Lennon doesn't do interviews or gets pissed off at refereeing decisions is seriously insulting. Simply because someone has spoken about something publicly doesn't mean it isn't still his personal business. Its such an insulting thing for someone with depression to hear as well. Like suggesting a woman is in a bad mood because its ''her time of the month'' and not because you're ****ing annoying her.

Depression doesn't go away, there are good days and bad days. I'm sure after many years Lennon will have his ways of coping with it and coming out stronger. If that involves missing the odd media appearance fine, it could well be the reason, but, IMO, its far more likely to be something else.

Absolutely. After the Hearts lose there were some very noticeable traits to suggest he wasn't having a great time with his health but that doesn't mean every time he has a go at someone or is posted missing anyone should jump to conclusions or speculate about his health.

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Depression can definitely go away, lol. What a negative outlook to see it as a permanent thing. I had depression and would say I don’t now - if I have a bad day it’s not because my latent depression is coming back, it’s because, like a normal person, I’m having a bad day.

Of course for some it’s a chronic thing, but that’s definitely not always the case.

People analyse Lennon’s behaviour so closely because it can be abnormal, thus they look for a reasonable explanation. His behaviour around and during the Hearts game was a step above simple frustration.

The_Horde
09-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Don't think he'd have a problem with talking about the Mcginn thing and equally I don't think he'd have a problem speaking whilst he has a bad day mentally.

I think he's probably just sending out the getting on with his business quietly message and maybe he's not exactly happy with the way the media were with his ban and in trying to punt half our team?

RMQ1967
09-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Don't think he'd have a problem with talking about the Mcginn thing and equally I don't think he'd have a problem speaking whilst he has a bad day mentally.

I think he's probably just sending out the getting on with his business quietly message and maybe he's not exactly happy with the way the media were with his ban and in trying to punt half our team?

Agreed. Almost pointless to get involved in discussions about meaningless games & get drawn into transfer speculation. Probably sick of talking about what may or may not happen with transfers. Do the talking when the deals are done - it's the Hibs way.

Sioux
09-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Absolutely. After the Hearts lose there were some very noticeable traits to suggest he wasn't having a great time with his health but that doesn't mean every time he has a go at someone or is posted missing anyone should jump to conclusions or speculate about his health.

You've just done it!

MWHIBBIES
09-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Depression can definitely go away, lol. What a negative outlook to see it as a permanent thing. I had depression and would say I don’t now - if I have a bad day it’s not because my latent depression is coming back, it’s because, like a normal person, I’m having a bad day.

Of course for some it’s a chronic thing, but that’s definitely not always the case.

People analyse Lennon’s behaviour so closely because it can be abnormal, thus they look for a reasonable explanation. His behaviour around and during the Hearts game was a step above simple frustration.

'lol' Don't really think its funny. Just my perspective from my own experience and those around me. There is quite a difference between a bad day that normal people have and a really rough day with depression.

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 08:25 PM
'lol' Don't really think its funny. Just my perspective from my own experience and those around me. There is quite a difference between a bad day that normal people have and a really rough day with depression.

It wasn’t a “haha, that was funny” lol, it was more an expression of disbelief at such a blanket statement. Yes, there is a difference. That’s my point. Depression differs from person to person and it’s definitely not always something that “doesn’t go away”.

You’re right though. Not everything should be attributed to his depression - that’s not fair.

LustForLeith
09-07-2018, 08:28 PM
I think it’s obvious why he’s keeping a low profile. Like the rest of us he’s been gripped by the most entertaining and riveting action in years over the summer.

Now I need to go and also watch Love Island

ian cruise
09-07-2018, 09:02 PM
You've just done it!

I have a history of depression and mental illness within family and friends, there are often tell tale signs that someone is not in a great place, after the hearts game I asked our support to give him a bit of understanding and have a bit of patience in case he was feeling low while many were just complaining about his comments and telling him to GTF. I think that's different from people speculating just because he's not been in front of camera. One is asking to show someone empathy based on evidence, the other is just gossip.

Foritza
09-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Neil Lennon has taken a back seat because of his previous connections with Celtic. He does not want to draw comments from a fan base he was previously idolised. and deep down in his heart he may think he can go back there one day. That will not happen. the only thing Neil needs to get his head round is that he s now manager of Hibs. It's not a bad gig. being in charge of the 3rd biggest team in Scotland.

This position needs the respect it deserves. We are not Celtic. We are Hibernian FC . if that is not enough then I don't know what is .
This all about the amount of Money we are to get from Celtic for John McGinn. Neil has stated JM's valuation at £5m but has taken a back seat since Celtics pathetic offer. Neil the ball is in your court, you need to show were your green blood lies. Upset the Celtic faithful or commit to Hibs looks like you have a decision to make. Over to you .

ancient hibee
09-07-2018, 09:39 PM
In my opinion that is absolute rubbish.

Smartie
09-07-2018, 09:43 PM
The absolute pantomime that followed a few comments made in the heat of the moment following a painful derby defeat will still be fresh in Lennon's memory.

I love the way he talks about football, and I love the way that occasionally he misjudges things but I don't exactly hang on his every word. As long as Parker is in regular communication then folk should be happy enough.

Why are we always so keen to create issues when there is probably absolutely nothing whatsoever malign at play?

stantonhibby
09-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Neil Lennon has taken a back seat because of his previous connections with Celtic. He does not want to draw comments from a fan base he was previously idolised. and deep down in his heart he may think he can go back there one day. That will not happen. the only thing Neil needs to get his head round is that he s now manager of Hibs. It's not a bad gig. being in charge of the 3rd biggest team in Scotland.

This position needs the respect it deserves. We are not Celtic. We are Hibernian FC . if that is not enough then I don't know what is .
This all about the amount of Money we are to get from Celtic for John McGinn. Neil has stated JM's valuation at £5m but has taken a back seat since Celtics pathetic offer. Neil the ball is in your court, you need to show were your green blood lies. Upset the Celtic faithful or commit to Hibs looks like you have a decision to make. Over to you .

Lol

Forza Fred
09-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Maybe, after that performance he didn’t want to be honest and say what he really felt about it, lest it would set a negative tone leading up to the Euro game a few days later.

Maybe he is exercising a bit of public restraint since his gushing interview after the Hearts game, and decided not to be the main story leading up to the game.

Either that, or he was in a hurry to get to somewhere.....

Don’t see it as an issue, but obviously if his presence at post match interviews continues, then it will become one.

Captain Trips
09-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Let's look into this and pull it apart for some sort of reason etc etc. Maybe he just didn't feel like talking about match and that was it no other reason.

BegbieHSC
09-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Maybe he's been playing too much Fitba manager over pre-season. 9/10 I'll always send the assistant. :wink:

Foritza
10-07-2018, 12:04 AM
In my opinion that is absolute rubbish.

Sorry but what is your opinion ?

Foritza
10-07-2018, 12:11 AM
Lol

LOL ? That's very easy. don't you have anything to debate?

Kato
10-07-2018, 12:50 AM
LOL ? That's very easy. don't you have anything to debate?

Didn't look like you were debating anything, seemed like you "knew" what was going on. LOL a perfectly reasonable response.

tonyrougier123
10-07-2018, 02:34 AM

totally disagree on Neil Lennon's behaviour being "abnormal"
as you say.think the man shows raw passion when winning or losing.it grates on ppl when he over celebrates or likewise over criticises, but he always has his reasons and is totally rational in explaining his actions.fergie was called a genius for the same passionate approach,never heard it being called "abnormal" infact it's totally normal.remember calderwoods approach to a defeat?? I'll take raw furious passion anyday and remember what it feels like to be alive!!

Greenworld
10-07-2018, 06:44 AM

This all about the amount of Money we are to get from Celtic for John McGinn. Neil has stated JM's valuation at £5m but has taken a back seat since Celtics pathetic offer. Neil the ball is in your court, you need to show were your green blood lies. Upset the Celtic faithful or commit to Hibs looks like you have a decision to make. Over to you .The ball is not in NL court he has nothing financially to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
10-07-2018, 07:14 AM

Brilliant lol

green day
10-07-2018, 07:21 AM
Close season = the time bored people make up pish and type it on a keyboard.

Bostonhibby
10-07-2018, 08:03 AM

This all about the amount of Money we are to get from Celtic for John McGinn. Neil has stated JM's valuation at £5m but has taken a back seat since Celtics pathetic offer. Neil the ball is in your court, you need to show were your green blood lies. Upset the Celtic faithful or commit to Hibs looks like you have a decision to make. Over to you .I thought there were a number of possible explanations that would need evidence to lead me to one conclusion or another but I couldn't see how to get the evidence one way or the other, so thanks for clarifying it all.

calumhibee1
10-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Lol

Carheenlea
10-07-2018, 08:13 AM
A mountain out of a mole hole.

Betty Boop
10-07-2018, 08:14 AM

Couldn't agree more.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-07-2018, 08:29 AM
The absolute state of this thread man. Roll on Thurs for competitive football with the cabbage again

Wasn't the case debunked and established this happens every pre season??

Crazyhorse
10-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Close season = the time bored people make up pish and type it on a keyboard.

To be honest GD that happens all year round.

ancient hibee
10-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Sorry but what is your opinion ?
My opinion is that what you posted is absolute rubbish.Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Foritza
10-07-2018, 08:11 PM
My opinion is that what you posted is absolute rubbish.Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Forum by it's very defination is a platform to give and discuss opinions, that is my opinion. Oh you made it clear you thought my opinion was rubbish please substantiate.

Foritza
10-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Brilliant lol

LOL brilliant!!

SquashedFrogg
10-07-2018, 08:23 PM
The absolute state of this thread man. Roll on Thurs for competitive football with the cabbage again

Wasn't the case debunked and established this happens every pre season??

Similar happened last winter break. Lennon was getting all kinda sh_t... My gut tells me this place is infiltrated by currents and sweet potatoes who like stirring.

We need to stay calm, relax and remember where we are...

Bring on Thursday. Football's back!

SquashedFrogg
10-07-2018, 08:26 PM

Enjoying your school holidays?

SquashedFrogg
10-07-2018, 08:28 PM
Forum by it's very defination is a platform to give and discuss opinions, that is my opinion. Oh you made it clear you thought my opinion was rubbish please substantiate.

I'll substantiate. You never gave an opinion. Not by the definition of an opinion.

SideBurns
10-07-2018, 08:33 PM

Aye, massive doubts over where Lennon's loyalties presently lie. That's why he let Celtic thrash us in the 5 games we played against them last season...
...didn't he?

Foritza
10-07-2018, 08:36 PM
I'll substantiate. You never gave an opinion. Not by the definition of an opinion.

Well yes I did. maybe I made t too complicated for you. For that I apologise.

SquashedFrogg
10-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Well yes I did. maybe I made t too complicated for you. For that I apologise.

You just confirmed my point. Thank you.

Foritza
10-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Aye, massive doubts over where Lennon's loyalties presently lie. That's why he let Celtic thrash us in the 5 games we played against them last season...
...didn't he?

OK fare point and at least you make a valid comment, Maybe I did not make myself clear -I am only interested in Hibs getting the best deal for JM - What I was trying to say, if another club rather Celtic had made that offer I am sure NL would have been more vociferous in his comments about the paltry offer. We need everyone at he Club singing from the same Hymn sheet to get the best deal possible for the club. No divisions I think £5 m - is what NL said, not me. let's see what we get . We need as much as possible to finance the upgrades to HTC.

madhatter
10-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Emotions are running high on here, can we stay civilised? Discuss Lennon if there is something you feel there is to discuss. Throwing insults or taunts at each other on a thread that mentioned (wrongly or not) Lennon’s bouts with depression is a bit inappropriate - e.g. “He’s not depressed or suffering from anything you idiot, get lost” may make someone else at the very least feel a wee bit down. Same goes the other way.

We’ve got a big game on Thursday, we can at least unite behind that sentiment surely.

Foritza
10-07-2018, 09:11 PM
You just confirmed my point. Thank you.

Thank you ,you also just confirmed my point n a big way.

Foritza
10-07-2018, 09:24 PM
When
Enjoying your school holidays?

School Holidays? When do the primary schools go back ? hope you are enjoying your primary school break.

10-07-2018, 09:38 PM

My guess is that after a poor performance he had quite a few things he wanted to say to the team so he asked GP to do the post match interview.

Bostonhibby
10-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Forum by it's very defination is a platform to give and discuss opinions, that is my opinion. Oh you made it clear you thought my opinion was rubbish please substantiate.Any whiff of anything that substantiates your definitive post?[emoji106]

Hibernian Verse
10-07-2018, 09:44 PM
When

School Holidays? When do the primary schools go back ? hope you are enjoying your primary school break.Lol burn, sure squashed that frog there.

This thread is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GreenArmy1875
11-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Emotions are running high on here, can we stay civilised? Discuss Lennon if there is something you feel there is to discuss. Throwing insults or taunts at each other on a thread that mentioned (wrongly or not) Lennon’s bouts with depression is a bit inappropriate - e.g. “He’s not depressed or suffering from anything you idiot, get lost” may make someone else at the very least feel a wee bit down. Same goes the other way.

We’ve got a big game on Thursday, we can at least unite behind that sentiment surely.

🤝

silverhibee
11-07-2018, 09:55 AM
What a funny thread. lol

Billy Whizz
11-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Think we’ll here from him at a Pre match press match conference, for the Runavik game

I’m sure it’s a UEFA requirement anyway

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Isn’t this his usual pre-season modus operandi ? Trying to cast my mind back to last year... shows good trust in his team / number 2. Should be able to operate without having to go through one bottleneck.
We need a group of leaders not over reliance on one

we are hibs
11-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Isn’t this his usual pre-season modus operandi ? Trying to cast my mind back to last year... shows good trust in his team / number 2. Should be able to operate without having to go through one bottleneck.
We need a group of leaders not over reliance on one

He was interviewed after Stevenson testimonial and Dubfernline away last pre season.

IGRIGI
11-07-2018, 10:33 AM
I'm surprised we've managed 4 pages on Lennon without someone ripping the tap aff it about Stubbs.

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm surprised we've managed 4 pages on Lennon without someone ripping the tap aff it about Stubbs.

You could always bring his name up in a negative post to get things rolling of course :rolleyes:

Pathetic.

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Think we’ll here from him at a Pre match press match conference, for the Runavik game

I’m sure it’s a UEFA requirement anyway

Even though they've banned him?

J-C
11-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Even though they've banned him?

Banned from pitch side but he can still give a press conference.

Wheat Hound
11-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Lennon press conference now on youtube. Seems as up for it as ever to me. Mon the Lenny!

madhatter
11-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Lennon press conference now on youtube. Seems as up for it as ever to me. Mon the Lenny!

Did seem to be a little frustrated about the McGinn situation and the lack of signings though!

WhileTheChief..
11-07-2018, 06:34 PM
I guess we can see things differently!

He said he was delighted with the 3 players brought in already and hopes to add another 2 or 3.

He came across as his usual self. Grinning and smiling when asked about McGinn and seemed perfectly relaxed about the new season.

Confirms that we’ve knocked back 2 bids and that it’s up to Celtic to match our valuation.

Can’t say much more than that really.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I guess we can see things differently!

He said he was delighted with the 3 players brought in already and hopes to add another 2 or 3.

He came across as his usual self. Grinning and smiling when asked about McGinn and seemed perfectly relaxed about the new season.

Confirms that we’ve knocked back 2 bids and that it’s up to Celtic to match our valuation.

Can’t say much more than that really.That's the way I viewed it too...seems happy with business done so far and says he's hoping for a few more...McGinn is obvs away it's just a matter of when

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

seanshow
11-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Lennon prematch v NSI Runavik (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyiH9PdBO6c)

Mallan prematch v NSI Runavik (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZqehMP6yc)

SquashedFrogg
11-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Did seem to be a little frustrated about the McGinn situation and the lack of signings though!

Not to me he didn't. I'm sure it goes without saying he would rather the McGinn situation be resolved asap, but I thought he looked quite relaxed.

madhatter
11-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Not to me he didn't. I'm sure it goes without saying he would rather the McGinn situation be resolved asap, but I thought he looked quite relaxed.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, thought he took a deep breath before answering the question which normally suggests frustration/exasperation. Glad to see him doing an interview again though. He actually looked quite fresh faced in it though which is good.

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, thought he took a deep breath before answering the question which normally suggests frustration/exasperation. Glad to see him doing an interview again though. He actually looked quite fresh faced in it though which is good.
Exasperation with being asked again I think.