PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT -- Bus Info Athens (Omonia Square) to Tripolis

St Pauli Hibee
06-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

For those booked onto the 3 buses going to Tripoli i have the following information:

Departure Date: Thursday 2nd August (Matchday)
Departure Time: 1.00pm (Please if possible be there for 12.30pm, so as I can mark you down as arrived)
Departure Location: Omonia Square, Central Athens

Departure back to Athens: Scheduled for 10.55pm Local Time (This will possibly change with the possibility of later KO Time, Extra Time & Penalties)

Bus Time should roughly be around 2 Hrs 30 Mins

Food & Drink can be consumed on the buses (Non - Alcoholic)

Payment:
Full Payment will be £21.66pp, of which I will ask this to be passed over to my Bank Account on or before Friday 20th July (PM me for full Bank Account Details if needed)

I will be contacting everyone direct over the coming days & weeks to clarify which buses they will be on to avoid confusion once in Athens

If anyone has any further questions please PM me & I shall do my best to help you out

Cheers SPH,

Silversand
06-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Cheers SPH- thanks again for organising [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
06-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Superb Scott. Saved me £130 on a hotel and a lengthy bus journey at £20 the next day. :aok:

HibeeMcGinn1
06-07-2018, 09:30 AM
For anyone in Athens early on the Thursday we’re going to the Athens sports bar (730am license) before we head to get the bus at Omonia square. The owners cousin is a hibs fan

Dunfyhibee
06-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Top man for organising SPH, Athens sports bar sounds like a decent place for home base aswell 🇳🇬

St Pauli Hibee
06-07-2018, 09:47 AM
For anyone in Athens early on the Thursday we’re going to the Athens sports bar (730am license) before we head to get the bus at Omonia square. The owners cousin is a hibs fan

Just off hand which Athens Sports Bar is it ??, Iv'e got two showing up on google maps

HibeeMcGinn1
06-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Just off hand which Athens Sports Bar is it ??, Iv'e got two showing up on google maps

athenssportsbar.com mate

Gala Foxes
06-07-2018, 11:45 AM
we need to find the lane in the old town that we camped out in in 2001

RossScott1991
06-07-2018, 11:56 AM
I will be after 3 spaces if there are any drop outs

cheers

St Pauli Hibee
06-07-2018, 10:21 PM
Just giving this a push up the thread line. As stated I will be in touch with everyone booked on the buses within the next fortnight to arrange full payment for the bus journey

Cheers SPH

St Pauli Hibee
10-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Everyone on the 3 buses has now been contacted about the full payment amount & which bus they shall be on

If you can all take a note of the OP as we don't want anyone missing the bus or getting lost in Athens trying to find the pickup spot.

Im sure we shall all be meeting up at a boozer beforehand anyway to enjoy a few light refreshments in what will no doubt be a hot Athens day !!

Cheers
SPH

Jamesie
10-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Everyone on the 3 buses has now been contacted about the full payment amount & which bus they shall be on

If you can all take a note of the OP as we don't want anyone missing the bus or getting lost in Athens trying to find the pickup spot.

Im sure we shall all be meeting up at a boozer beforehand anyway to enjoy a few light refreshments in what will no doubt be a hot Athens day !!

Cheers
SPH

Hi mate - I haven't received anything - can I check whether this was sent by PM or e-mail please? Cheers!

Hermit Crab
10-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Cheers
SPH

Whats the chances of getting on? Hows the reserve list looking? Just one seat required.

St Pauli Hibee
11-07-2018, 05:04 AM
Whats the chances of getting on? Hows the reserve list looking? Just one seat required.

Currently 12 people awaiting a seat on the standby list

St Pauli Hibee
11-07-2018, 05:05 AM
Hi mate - I haven't received anything - can I check whether this was sent by PM or e-mail please? Cheers!

Will check this morning for you jamesie, it would have been a PM I would imagine.

Hermit Crab
11-07-2018, 09:48 AM

Not looking good then is it, unless you get enough for another bus I suppose.

El Gubbz
12-07-2018, 09:48 AM

There’s another 5 of us wanting to add on. Is there any possibility of another bus being organised?

St Pauli Hibee
12-07-2018, 10:23 AM
There’s another 5 of us wanting to add on. Is there any possibility of another bus being organised?

All added onto waiting list, if there is to be another bus lined up, it wont be with me unfortunately 3 buses is enough stress for me without adding a fourth

ieastherein1973
12-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Me & 1

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

St Pauli Hibee
12-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Me & 1

2 duly added to standby list, will keep you updated if any seats become available.

Cheers Scott

ieastherein1973
12-07-2018, 09:29 PM
2 duly added to standby list, will keep you updated if any seats become available.

Cheers ScottThanks

RoYO!
12-07-2018, 09:35 PM
All added onto waiting list, if there is to be another bus lined up, it wont be with me unfortunately 3 buses is enough stress for me without adding a fourth

It’s brilliant you’re doing it. Good on you. Hopefully everyone realises the effort and makes sure they get the money in/ turn up! :)

Ken
13-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Me + 1 to be added to the standby list please SPH

By any chance do you know if a 4th bus would be available (i.e. with someone else organising)

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Pauli Hibee
13-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Me + 1 to be added to the standby list please SPH

By any chance do you know if a 4th bus would be available (i.e. with someone else organising)

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duly added on Ken

In terms of a fourth bus, I don't know if this will be arranged by someone else I know there has been chat about it but nothing concrete. What I would suggest is possibly looking at Amphitrion Group. Based in Athens conveniently 5mins away from Omonia Square. Only reason I didn't book originally with them is due to lack of Wheelchair Access & Toilet on board. Were very reasonable though and might be worth a shout

Cheers,
Scott

frazeHFC
13-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Duly added on Ken

In terms of a fourth bus, I don't know if this will be arranged by someone else I know there has been chat about it but nothing concrete. What I would suggest is possibly looking at Amphitrion Group. Based in Athens conveniently 5mins away from Omonia Square. Only reason I didn't book originally with them is due to lack of Wheelchair Access & Toilet on board. Were very reasonable though and might be worth a shout

Cheers,
Scott

I ended up booking with Amphitrion in the end, although the bus is full as well.

St Pauli Hibee
13-07-2018, 12:17 PM
I ended up booking with Amphitrion in the end, although the bus is full as well.

Are you therefore no longer on the .net bus if you have booked with Amphitrion ????

frazeHFC
13-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Are you therefore no longer on the .net bus if you have booked with Amphitrion ????

I never asked for seats on the .net bus?

St Pauli Hibee
13-07-2018, 12:31 PM
I never asked for seats on the .net bus?

Neither you did it was another Fraze, Sorry Mate

frazeHFC
13-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Neither you did it was another Fraze, Sorry Mate

Haha no worries, was a bit confused there.

TomTheHibbyBev
13-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Hi
Now booked for Athens
Looking for two seats can you help ? :greengrin

St Pauli Hibee
13-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Hi
Now booked for Athens
Looking for two seats can you help ? :greengrin

Hi TTHB,

Unfortunately not at the moment, we have a long standby list of which the 2 you have requested are no's 27 & 28 on it

I would suggest getting in touch with Amphitrion with a request for a bus, there has already been one booked through them, they are very reasonable from what i can remember from the quote they gave me

Hibernian Verse
13-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Scott/Anyone else is there a plan for meeting up on the day of the game for a spot of Brunch.

Disclaimer: by "brunch" I mean pints of the local beer.

St Pauli Hibee
13-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Scott/Anyone else is there a plan for meeting up on the day of the game for a spot of Brunch.

Disclaimer: by "brunch" I mean pints of the local beer.

Athens Sports Bar has been thrown out there by a few including myself, Special License opens at 6.30am !!

Hibernian Verse
13-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Oh dear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
13-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Hi TTHB,

Unfortunately not at the moment, we have a long standby list of which the 2 you have requested are no's 27 & 28 on it

I would suggest getting in touch with Amphitrion with a request for a bus, there has already been one booked through them, they are very reasonable from what i can remember from the quote they gave me

Replied to your PM mate but it says its not sent, did you happen to get it? Sorry to be a pest!

Ken
15-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Duly added on Ken

Cheers,
Scott

St Pauli, if you could take my 2 off the standby list as already sorted. Cheers [emoji1303]

St Pauli Hibee
15-07-2018, 09:02 PM
St Pauli, if you could take my 2 off the standby list as already sorted. Cheers [emoji1303]

Taken off Ken, enjoy the trip, maybe catch up before in Athens Sports Bar

Cheers
SPH

Bobby's Cinema
17-07-2018, 07:00 AM
Hi mate can you please take my name off I am now on another bus. Sounds like there are plenty takers

Cheers :aok:

RossScott1991
17-07-2018, 07:10 AM
Fully booked for Athens, hopefully spaces will become available for my standby ones in coming days and will happily fire over the money straight away if so !

St Pauli Hibee
17-07-2018, 07:14 AM
Hi mate can you please take my name off I am now on another bus. Sounds like there are plenty takers

Cheers :aok:

PM sent mate, cheers for letting me know

St Pauli Hibee
17-07-2018, 07:15 AM
Quick reminder to all those yet to send over their money for the bus, that this will be required by 4.00pm on Friday afternoon

Cheers
SPH

Galahibby
17-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Looks like my 2 travelling companions can't make it 😢 Could you please release me + 2 to the guys on the reserve list please? Thanks, and sorry to mess you about. Next round maybe...

St Pauli Hibee
17-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Looks like my 2 travelling companions can't make it 😢 Could you please release me + 2 to the guys on the reserve list please? Thanks, and sorry to mess you about. Next round maybe...

Duly Noted, Shame you can't make it. Hopefully next round you can make up for it !!

SPH

Galahibby
17-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Duly Noted, Shame you can't make it. Hopefully next round you can make up for it !!

SPH

Cheers pal. At least someone else will benefit. Enjoy the trip 👍

Jamesie
31-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Hi SPH - I've sent you a couple of PMs this morning :thumbsup:

Gorebridge Hibb
31-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Quick reminder to all those yet to send over their money for the bus, that this will be required by 4.00pm on Friday afternoon

Cheers
SPH

Don’t suppose you have 1 spare seat back to Athens after the game?

pacoluna
02-08-2018, 05:50 AM

SPH

3 of us are looking for spare seats coming back to Athens if possible. Cheers