PDA

View Full Version : HSL draw for Athens

HH81
05-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Got an email about this earlier and suprised there was no thread?

Members who donate 5 quid or more get a ticket to the draw.

Did anyone else get this? Four night trip.

Bostonhibby
05-07-2018, 08:15 PM

Did anyone else get this? Four night trip.Got it.

Guess they're using database of members as best way of hitting the target group?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

DaveF
05-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Given we have not even played Runavik yet, this has all the hallmarks of a total disaster :greengrin

Hermit Crab
05-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Given we have not even played Runavik yet, this has all the hallmarks of a total disaster :greengrin

My thoughts exactly but I didn't want to post it first. :greengrin

BT58
05-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Got it too. Post on Faroes thread. Great prize for a £5

HH81
05-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Anyone paid the 5 quid yet?

BlackSheep
05-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Anyone paid the 5 quid yet?

Yup, £5 is worth a punt, even if we dot get through its still going to a good cause

tamig
05-07-2018, 09:24 PM
I just read the email on my phone. Clicked on the link and logged in fine. I’m on mobile Safari but when I go to make a one-off donation - I was going to do a few fivers - there’s no option to enter £5. The only way is to select a minimum amount of £7.73. Is there a way I can just donate £5 amounts?

Billy Whizz
05-07-2018, 09:33 PM
I just read the email on my phone. Clicked on the link and logged in fine. I’m on mobile Safari but when I go to make a one-off donation - I was going to do a few fivers - there’s no option to enter £5. The only way is to select a minimum amount of £7.73. Is there a way I can just donate £5 amounts?

You need to go to the single payment option

matty_f
05-07-2018, 09:36 PM

No mention of any football at all in the prize, just positioned as Greek holiday.

Weekend for 2 in Athens - nice prize for a fiver!

Jonnyboy
05-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Isn't showing one, Billy :confused:

tamig
05-07-2018, 09:42 PM

Cheers Billy. Still issues. Didn’t realise there was a custom option down the page. So i key in my £5, hit donate and get two radio buttons. One to join HSL or one just to donate and not join. Well I’ve already joined but no matter what button I click I get an error message telling me to use the email address that I’m already logged in with. Can’t go any further. This is on the checkout page.

southern hibby
05-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Maybe they’re trying to get as many Fivers as they can before we get pumped by the Trawlermen. This way they’ve got the money upfront

GGTTH

Mikey
06-07-2018, 06:38 AM

I'm the world's most positive Hibby but even I wouldn't be running this until we're through :greengrin

Baw187
06-07-2018, 06:42 AM
I'm the world's most positive Hibby but even I wouldn't be running this until we're through :greengrin

Just a Greek holiday at this stage! [emoji3] Wouldn’t mind one of them regardless of match!

Hibbyradge
06-07-2018, 07:22 AM

In which case your claim to the pinnacle of positivity is void!

Billy Whizz
06-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Cheers Billy. Still issues. Didn’t realise there was a custom option down the page. So i key in my £5, hit donate and get two radio buttons. One to join HSL or one just to donate and not join. Well I’ve already joined but no matter what button I click I get an error message telling me to use the email address that I’m already logged in with. Can’t go any further. This is on the checkout page.

Just logged in too, can’t see how to pay £5 either

mim
06-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Can't see how to do it either. Using chrome on mobile.

Bostonhibby
06-07-2018, 09:21 AM

Same issue here, given up for now.

Derek Dougan
06-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Same issue here, given up for now.

Getting exactly the same. Hopefully someone from HSL will be reading this at some point, and get it sorted.

w pilton hibby
06-07-2018, 10:07 AM

Did anyone else get this? Four night trip.

The cynic in me wonders why I haven't seen anything about this from HSL. All sounds a bit wrong to me.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2018, 10:12 AM
The cynic in me wonders why I haven't seen anything about this from HSL. All sounds a bit wrong to me.

Went into my junk mail box, worth checking

OfficialHSL
06-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Tamig
We have just been alerted that there me be a slight technical issue here so we are investigating that just now.
In the meantime those who are eligible can choose the £7.73 option and can drop us an email asking us to adjust it to £5. Not ideal but easily done from our point of view.
Info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

OfficialHSL
06-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Went into my junk mail box, worth checking

We think this may have happened for some because it's a fantastic holiday.

HSL

tamig
06-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Getting exactly the same. Hopefully someone from HSL will be reading this at some point, and get it sorted.

This is the kind of thing that could be costing them a lot of cash. All of this is basic functionality and should have been tested across multiple browsers. The HSL guy keeps saying most of the issues are down to user error but this one is pretty poor.

COME IN HSL, WE WANT TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY BUT YOU’RE NOT MAKING IT EASY FOR US.

tamig
06-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Tamig
We have just been alerted that there me be a slight technical issue here so we are investigating that just now.
In the meantime those who are eligible can choose the £7.73 option and can drop us an email asking us to adjust it to £5. Not ideal but easily done from our point of view.

HSL

Ok cheers bud. You can ignore my dramatic last message as they must have crossed. Hope you get it sorted soon and I hope your web services supplier is being told in no uncertain terms that users are getting frustrated.

H18 SFR
06-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Tamig

HSL

£7.73 isn't working for me. The minimum I can get it to work is £15 - naturally to win the prize I'd rather submit £5 x 3.

tynehibs
06-07-2018, 11:53 AM
£7.73 isn't working for me. The minimum I can get it to work is £15 - naturally to win the prize I'd rather submit £5 x 3.

Same.been a member since 2015 , and want to have multiple entries !

HappyHibby93
06-07-2018, 12:44 PM
I've just donated, and you can donate a fiver as many times as you like... x4 is probably enough though :greengrin

:flag:

HappyHibby93
06-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Quick work it would seem from HSL, added a £5 option to the drop bar....... :thumbsup:

:flag:

Jonnyboy
06-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Tamig

HSL

Hi HSL

I encountered the lack of a £5 option and so opted for £7.73 to ensure my entry in the competition. I used the contact facility to ask whether that was all acceptable but as yet I’ve had no response.

H18 SFR
06-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Same.been a member since 2015 , and want to have multiple entries !

I've now had seperate emails asking me to confirm the transaction for a few of my unsuccessful attempts earlier.

OfficialHSL
06-07-2018, 07:40 PM

Dave

We hope not.

Following on from the positive feedback that we received from our earlier initiative a number of our existing contributors had expressed a desire for something similar which was perhaps exclusive to those who are already contributing to HSL. We spoke to a number of HSL Members, albeit not exactly a full consultation, to get an idea about favoured Holiday resorts. Italy was very popular and was a close second and Majorca came in third. Most folks seem to think it is a nice City for a few days holiday.

HSL

OfficialHSL
06-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Tamig

It would seem there was a minor glitch with this but it was resolved just after lunchtime today and everything is functioning as planned.

HSL

OfficialHSL
06-07-2018, 07:45 PM

We can assure you there isn't anything wrong.

We have not posted a thread as it is only Members/existing contributors who are eligible to enter and we emailed these people directly. So far it seems to be going down a treat.

HSL

tamig
06-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Tamig

It would seem there was a minor glitch with this but it was resolved just after lunchtime today and everything is functioning as planned.

HSL
Hi. I’ve just gone in and tried again. I see the £5 option available and the payments have been set up with no issues now. Hopefully the others experiencing similar issues earlier have also now managed to get their donations made. Thanks 👍

OfficialHSL
06-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Hi. I’ve just gone in and tried again. I see the £5 option available and the payments have been set up with no issues now. Hopefully the others experiencing similar issues earlier have also now managed to get their donations made. Thanks 👍

Good to hear and apologies for the earlier problems. As we mentioned in an earlier thread we have all been in different places on holidays etc so much has had to be done at a distance, airport lounges, at speed etc but at the same time we wanted to take on board all the suggestions that had been put to us before.

Athens is a great holiday resort and ideal for a four day trip.

HSL

tamig
06-07-2018, 08:27 PM
Good to hear and apologies for the earlier problems. As we mentioned in an earlier thread we have all been in different places on holidays etc so much has had to be done at a distance, airport lounges, at speed etc but at the same time we wanted to take on board all the suggestions that had been put to us before.

Athens is a great holiday resort and ideal for a four day trip.

HSL
Perfect. I’ve been to Greece many times and had a wonderful night in Athens for the game that never was. Great city. Cheers and keep up the great work.

matty_f
07-07-2018, 09:57 AM
I think this is a cracking idea, good to see a reward for folk who have been putting their money in for a while and not just a money-raising exercise.

OfficialHSL
07-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Hi HSL

I encountered the lack of a £5 option and so opted for £7.73 to ensure my entry in the competition. I used the contact facility to ask whether that was all acceptable but as yet I’ve had no response.
Jonnyboy
Please do email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk
as we are not aware of any unanswered emails.

HSL

OfficialHSL
07-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I think this is a cracking idea, good to see a reward for folk who have been putting their money in for a while and not just a money-raising exercise.
Matty

We agree and think this is a fantastic opportunity for a short holiday .

We hope that HSL members get right behind it as we are keen to repeat such initiatives.

Just £5 could get you a lovely City Break for two.

HSL

Jonnyboy
07-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Jonnyboy
Please do email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk
as we are not aware of any unanswered emails.

HSL

Will do, thank you 👍

Jonnyboy
09-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Did as suggested, but no response as yet

OfficialHSL
09-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Did as suggested, but no response as yet

Jonnyboy
I'm sorry but we haven't received any email from. Can you send us a pm urgently,

HSL

Jonnyboy
09-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Jonnyboy
I'm sorry but we haven't received any email from. Can you send us a pm urgently,

HSL

PM sent :aok:

BegbieHSC
09-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Matty

We agree and think this is a fantastic opportunity for a short holiday .

We hope that HSL members get right behind it as we are keen to repeat such initiatives.

Just £5 could get you a lovely City Break for two.

HSL

PM Sent too. Having difficulty making a donation.

BlackSheep
09-07-2018, 10:16 PM
It’s £5 or more so why worry it’s not on the fit and just lob in £7 or £10.... it all goes to a great cause.