PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ryan Porteous?

Comiston Hibee
05-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Not seen his name in the first two games. Is he injured?

HibbyAndy
05-07-2018, 05:59 PM

More time off because he played in the Toulon tournament ? Nae idea though

GoalsMcGinley
05-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Injured. Was played while injured at the Toulon tournament. Out for 8 weeks apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
05-07-2018, 06:02 PM
Injured. Was played while injured at the Toulon tournament. Out for 8 weeks apparently.

That's an absolute hammer blow ! I was thinking RP would be a massive contender to force his way as first choice centre half by xmas !

Billy Whizz
05-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Where are you hearing the 8 weeks from?

berwickhibee
05-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Was at shielfield last night,on the terracing.

Speedway
05-07-2018, 06:26 PM
That's an absolute hammer blow ! I was thinking RP would be a massive contender to force his way as first choice centre half by xmas !

RP at centre half?

We’re not that desperate.

KWJ
05-07-2018, 06:32 PM
RP at centre half?

Tache as a sweeper?

HibbyAndy
05-07-2018, 06:43 PM
RP at centre half?

You were funny about 10 years ago.

The_Horde
05-07-2018, 08:05 PM
You were funny about 10 years ago.

Miaow.

crash
05-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Pity as he has to make first XI this season. Hopefully we will be fully compensated for this.

GoalsMcGinley
06-07-2018, 06:27 AM
Heard it from a member of the staff at East Mains. Hibs not happy Scotland played him while injured.

Hibee Mac
06-07-2018, 06:57 AM
Not the first time something like this had happened, shocking that some muppets in the national set up can just do that.

Souter96Mac
06-07-2018, 07:04 AM
I'm a big advocate that the national team should be looking to develop players, rather than potentially inflicting injury to them. Porteous' fitness and development should be president over progressing in some youth tournament.

jacomo
06-07-2018, 01:36 PM
RP at centre half?

Worth a try. He doesn’t give much away.

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Not the first time something like this had happened, shocking that some muppets in the national set up can just do that.

or maybe the player begged to play ?

heretoday
06-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Lanzarote?

JIm
06-07-2018, 03:37 PM
I'm a big advocate that the national team should be looking to develop players, rather than potentially inflicting injury to them. Porteous' fitness and development should be president over progressing in some youth tournament.

It's a good point. I'd suggest however porteous would be desperate to play and the experience he would gain might merit playing through an injury.

And it's not exactly like it's uncommon. Clubs have done it for years...devil's advocate and all that.

06-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Think this will be a big season for him. He's still very young so it's important not to heap too much pressure, he needs to be drip fed into the first team but I feel this season he will get a really big chance to prove how he can cope in the first team. He has players like Hanlon, McGreagor, Ambrose etc around him which will be really good for his learning IMO.

Very bright young prospect and hopefully over the next couple of years he will play an important role for us. Certainly one to get signed up long term as I imagine he will start to attract interest.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2018, 09:25 PM
Hibs not happy with the SFA who played him while he had torn cartilage in two games at Toulon tournament.

CMurdoch
11-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Hibs not happy with the SFA who played him while he had torn cartilage in two games at Toulon tournament.

Would a player play with a torn cartilage?

porthibbie
11-07-2018, 09:51 PM
From Evening News

Porteous’ name has been included in the 25 submitted to UEFA for this stage of the Europa League and the Evening News understands he’ll be part of the squad which will travel to face Wick Academy at Harmsworth Park on Sunday to mark the Highland League outfit’s 125th anniversary. If he comes through that match, in which Hibs will field a side made up largely of their development squad, Porteous will be included in the party which will fly out to the Faroes.

Brightside
11-07-2018, 09:51 PM
No. Never happened.

weecounty hibby
11-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Would a player play with a torn cartilage?

You can but it's ****ing sore. I played about half a season of rugby with knackered cartilage. Took handfuls of prescription only painkillers to train and play (more professional outfits may give injections!)and my knee is now in bits even after two operations. Replacement knee on the horizon for me in the future.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2018, 10:07 PM
No. Never happened.

What never happened?

bingo70
11-07-2018, 10:21 PM
Lennon going nuts as the SFA never told him about Porteous injury, SFA release statement saying they told hibs and will release documents to the club to prove it.

Not sure this story covers ourselves in glory here.

(I’m not suggesting it’ll cause Lennon to quit or anything like that before anyone flies off the handle)

Ozyhibby
11-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Lennon going nuts as the SFA never told him about Porteous injury, SFA release statement saying they told hibs and will release documents to the club to prove it.

Not sure this story covers ourselves in glory here.

(I’m not suggesting it’ll cause Lennon to quit or anything like that before anyone flies off the handle)

Do you have a link for the SFA statement?

Radium
11-07-2018, 10:30 PM
From BBC site, can’t get the link to work

The SFA insists Hibs were kept fully informed over Porteous.

"It goes without saying that we want to return every player who represents Scotland back to their club in the best possible condition," said a spokesperson.

"We employ very experienced medical staff who provide the highest level of care to the players to the standards expected by their profession and the medical bodies. Importantly, we only select players who we feel are fit to play.

"It wouldn't be right for us to divulge any personal medical information about Ryan, or indeed any other player. But we can say that in this instance, we were in contact with Hibernian continuously throughout, and after, the tournament via our medical team and their counterparts at the club. This is standard practice at international level.

"All of our medical notes and information have been shared with the club and we will continue our dialogue with them directly in relation to Ryan and any other Hibernian players who are on Scotland duty in the future."

Hibee Mac
11-07-2018, 10:35 PM
or maybe the player begged to play ?

Doesn't matter if he did, if they knee he was injured then he should not have been played.

MagicSwirlingShip
11-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Lennon confirms Ryan was played with a tear in his cartilage in his HibsTV interview from earlier today;

https://youtu.be/RyiH9PdBO6c

Mikey09
12-07-2018, 10:53 AM

He's in Barcelona teaching big Pique how to score headers...

CMurdoch
12-07-2018, 11:51 AM
You can but it's ****ing sore. I played about half a season of rugby with knackered cartilage. Took handfuls of prescription only painkillers to train and play (more professional outfits may give injections!)and my knee is now in bits even after two operations. Replacement knee on the horizon for me in the future.

I had a similar injury and never considered playing.
Hell it was painful enough turning over in bed in the month after causing it!

snooky
12-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Lennon confirms Ryan was played with a tear in his cartilage in his HibsTV interview from earlier today;

https://youtu.be/RyiH9PdBO6c

I tore mine and got the torn piece removed with keyhole surgery. Was told not to kick a ball for about a month or so, iirc.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Is there any action we can take against the SFA?

bingo70
12-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Is there any action we can take against the SFA?

They say they have proof they told the Hibs medical team and happy to share the documents with the club.

Sounds to me like Lennons beef should be with the medical staff not informing him rather than the SFA.

GGTTH07
12-07-2018, 03:34 PM
No. Never happened.

Yes it did.

GGTTH07
12-07-2018, 03:40 PM
No. Never happened.

Yes it did.

oconnors_strip
12-07-2018, 05:40 PM
He is on the bench tonight