PDA

View Full Version : Sky sports news Celtic bid for McGinn turned down

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hibernian Verse
07-07-2018, 08:16 AM
Going to be dreadful having to watch him line up against us.Correct but at the same time what a pleasure it has been. If we can use the money to further the club then everyone is a winner. He was integral in our cup win and a cracking season just past and for that I'll always be grateful to the man.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MrSmith
07-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Correct but at the same time what a pleasure it has been. If we can use the money to further the club then everyone is a winner. He was integral in our cup win and a cracking season just past and for that I'll always be grateful to the man.

Feel the same and delighted for getting a move to his boyhood heroes. A great guy and has went about his business by respecting both us and St.Mirren.

Ferry green
07-07-2018, 08:23 AM
Assuming SJM went straight into Celtics first 11 whom would he take a place from ?

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Assuming SJM went straight into Celtics first 11 whom would he take a place from ?

I don't think he does, probably takes Armstrong's place as a rotating option.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-07-2018, 08:27 AM

Will he though?

After 4 years of practically guaranteed first team football he might be in for a shock at Celtic

AgentDaleCooper
07-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Going to be dreadful having to watch him line up against us.

He's a winner, and the kind of player other teams'fans hate. It's going to be pretty rough IMO.

BILLYHIBS
07-07-2018, 08:29 AM
SJM will always be a Scottish Cup winnning legend . His name has been written in the history books forever. He was good for HIBS and we were good for him. When he does line up for the smellies let’s hope he has one of his off days he can put his head down and run into our defenders all day long as far as I am concerned. We know what to expect! From a Celtic point of view he is the logical replacement for Scott Brown but still needs to add to his game.Good luck John and thanks for the memories.

GGTTH

Just Jimmy
07-07-2018, 08:29 AM
I loved Mcginn at hibs but if he moves to Celtic his career will stall. He won't be a regular start under Rodgers and I'm not sure that he won't just move on or even back to Hibs etc in a few years.

He's a cracking player and I wish him the best but I feel that it just isn't the right move. Hopefully we're well compensated and can get Allan plus another in return.

Still, I'll be gutted to see him play for Celtic.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MyJo
07-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Feel the same and delighted for getting a move to his boyhood heroes. A great guy and has went about his business by respecting both us and St.Mirren.

:agree: Better players have left us to join Celtic or Rangers under worse circumstances and after achieving far less in a Hibs shirt than SJM.

He has done us a tremendous service over the last three years and continues to do so by bringing in a decent transfer fee before he makes a move that will set him up financially and help him move onto bigger and better things in the future.

Genuine Hibs legend & gentleman who I really want to do very well in his career, even if that is with Celtic for the next few years.

we are hibs
07-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a deal with Celtic is not far away.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16339778.brendan-rodgers-reveals-john-mcginn-is-set-to-sign-for-celtic-with-scott-allan-off-to-hibs/

At absolutely no point in that article does Rodgers say they are set to sign him and Scott Allan coming the other way. They've just assumed that. Unsurprising from that weegie rag though

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 08:56 AM

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16339778.brendan-rodgers-reveals-john-mcginn-is-set-to-sign-for-celtic-with-scott-allan-off-to-hibs/

Don’t go there John

WhileTheChief..
07-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Can’t say I’ve ever been bothered about seeing a former Hibs hero play against us, even if it’s for Celtic or Rangers.

It’s kinda like the King is dead, long live the King.

He’s gone, someone fills his place and he’s simply a rival from now on.

He’s been great for us but equally we’ve turned him into the player he is.

Hope he has a decent career.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2018, 09:25 AM
SJM will always be a Scottish Cup winnning legend . His name has been written in the history books forever. He was good for HIBS and we were good for him. When he does line up for the smellies let’s hope he has one of his off days he can put his head down and run into our defenders all day long as far as I am concerned. We know what to expect! From a Celtic point of view he is the logical replacement for Scott Brown but still needs to add to his game.Good luck John and thanks for the memories.

GGTTH

I keep seeing posters saying this, but i dont see that at all, i see McGinn being a driving force for whoever he signs for, not a deep sitting midfielder who protects the back 4 and plays the simple ball every time.?

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I keep seeing posters saying this, but i dont see that at all, i see McGinn being a driving force for whoever he signs for, not a deep sitting midfielder who protects the back 4 and plays the simple ball every time.?

Think he means a leader, in the style that Brown is
Just wish he wouldn’t go there as I’ve said many times

You can’t like players who play for Celtic, SC winner or not

truehibernian
07-07-2018, 09:35 AM

It's a real shame he is heading there Billy, especially when you see the likes of Fulham and West Ham last season keen on signing him. The EPL should be the destination all good Scottish players want to head to and test themselves against the best players in the world, forget the money side of things. Fulham especially play an attacking, expansive game and it would have suited SJM perfectly.

Facts are that we want Allan back and probably another Celtic player, so both sides have what each other wants. He goes with all our best wishes (I hope) as he is certainly one of the best players I've watched, and enjoyed watching, in a Hibs shirt over the decades. A class act on and off the field and it's been a pleasure having him at the club these last 3 years. Wee sell-on clause will boost the kitty in future too :aok:

brog
07-07-2018, 09:39 AM

You're right but Scotty wasn't a deep sitting midfielder either when he played for us. Actually started as a striker & the memories of his surging runs at Celtc (3 -1) & the Rangers (3-0) in the same season will never fade.

matty_f
07-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Genuinely at the point with SJM that I just want to see him do well in his career. He's been brilliant for us, stayed longer than a lot of us expected, won the cup, got us back up, and was a key (if not the key) player in some amazing performances and results.

Speedy
07-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Don’t normally get too sentimental about players. McGinn going to Celtic, if we were to get Allan as part of the deal, would probably be best for us.

But I really hope that McGinn goes down south for his sake. The likes of Fulham or Brighton would be a brilliant move and I honestly believe he has it in him to push on from that like Andy Robertson has. Six good months down there with the hype and press coverage is all it takes.

Not a dig at you but several people seem to equate McGinn going down South to us not getting Allan.

If Allan isn't in Celtic's plans then we are in a strong position to get him regardless of where McGinn goes.

BT58
07-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Chris Sutton in Daily Ranger ( i know) saying that Hibs should get £5million.
Good on you Chris

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2018, 09:48 AM
You're right but Scotty wasn't a deep sitting midfielder either when he played for us. Actually started as a striker & the memories of his surging runs at Celtc (3 -1) & the Rangers (3-0) in the same season will never fade.

:agree: He was superb when he broke through, his pace power and running with the ball was a joy to watch.

There are many goals at Ibrox and parkhead where he done all the hard work before laying it off for Sproule to score or even score himself.

I dont see McGinn settling for a more defensive role, and i also dont see him being able to do that like Brown has adapted, in my opinion he's not as quick as brown was when he left, and not as good defensively either, which is why i dont think he's suited for that role in front of their defence.

He also has a habit of giving the ball away cheaply in very dangerous places, when he's stuck his arse out trying to shield the ball.

I might be wrong here, and Rodgers see's him as Browns replacement, but i just see him as someone who will be driving them forward and pinging a lot more shots at goal from distance with the amount of ball they have.

OtleyHibs
07-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Chris Sutton in Daily Ranger ( i know) saying that Hibs should get £5million.
Good on you Chris

Makes me think of the Still Game episode when Victor bought a car and Tam is trying to barter down the price when Winston pipes up “you’ve got the money, you know the car is worth the money so do the right thing” 😄

Celtc looking most likely but wherever he ends up SJM goes with my best wishes, been a great servant for Hibs and I hope he goes on to have the career his talent and work rate deserves

brog
07-07-2018, 09:50 AM
:agree: He was superb when he broke through, his pace power and running with the ball was a joy to watch.

There are many goals at Ibrox and parkhead where he done all the hard work before laying it off for Sproule to score or even score himself.

I dont see McGinn settling for a more defensive role, and i also dont see him being able to do that like Brown has adapted, in my opinion he's not as quick as brown was when he left, and not as good defensively either, which is why i dont think he's suited for that role in front of their defence.

He also has a habit of giving the ball away cheaply in very dangerous places, when he's stuck his arse out trying to shield the ball.

I might be wrong here, and Rodgers see's him as Browns replacement, but i just see him as someone who will be driving them forward and pinging a lot more shots at goal from distance with the amount of ball they have.

Agree with every word, that's probably a first :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Agree with every word, that's probably a first :wink:

Come on, surely its more than once? :greengrin

G B Young
07-07-2018, 09:59 AM
It's a real shame he is heading there Billy, especially when you see the likes of Fulham and West Ham last season keen on signing him. The EPL should be the destination all good Scottish players want to head to and test themselves against the best players in the world, forget the money side of things. Fulham especially play an attacking, expansive game and it would have suited SJM perfectly.

Facts are that we want Allan back and probably another Celtic player, so both sides have what each other wants. He goes with all our best wishes (I hope) as he is certainly one of the best players I've watched, and enjoyed watching, in a Hibs shirt over the decades. A class act on and off the field and it's been a pleasure having him at the club these last 3 years. Wee sell-on clause will boost the kitty in future too :aok:

I don't mind seeing Hibs players going to Celtic as much as I used to, though I think that's largely because in Stubbs and Lennon we've benefited from their Celtic connections and managed to bring players to Hibs that we might not otherwise have attracted. Stokes, Dylan, Henderson, Allan, Ambrose (and even Kris Commons)...all have played a very significant part in the Hibs revival since relegation and IMHO given us a bit more 'clout' as a club. If McGinn goes the other way for a decent fee and we get Allan back permanently I'm happy with that. As for McGinn's perceived lack of ambition in not moving south, well he's still young and may think a couple of years with Celtic will equip him for a bigger move eventually. McGinn's grandad was Celtic chairman so if there's family connection involved in his decision then fair enough.

Dr Jimmy
07-07-2018, 10:27 AM

I agree with you. I actually think SJM is a replacement for Armstrong not Brown.

Bishop Hibee
07-07-2018, 10:30 AM

Agree. I’d compare McGinn to Murdo McLeod in his style more than Brown.

The Green Goblin
07-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Makes me think of the Still Game episode when Victor bought a car and Tam is trying to barter down the price when Winston pipes up “you’ve got the money, you know the car is worth the money so do the right thing” 😄

Celtc looking most likely but wherever he ends up SJM goes with my best wishes, been a great servant for Hibs and I hope he goes on to have the career his talent and work rate deserves

Well let’s hope a large fridge doesn’t land on McGinn’s head from twenty stories up right after they shake hands on the deal....:wink:

Stuart93
07-07-2018, 11:54 AM

This article says nothing we don't already nor does it suggest the deals any closer than it was

Since90+2
07-07-2018, 11:55 AM

I'll always like John Mcginn no matter who he happens to end up playing for. He was arguably the driving force of the team that has rejuvenated our entire club. John McGinn will forever be a club legend.

matty_f
07-07-2018, 12:06 PM
I'll always like John Mcginn no matter who he happens to end up playing for. He was arguably the driving force of the team that has rejuvenated our entire club. John McGinn will forever be a club legend.

:agree:

Borderhibbie76
07-07-2018, 12:17 PM
At absolutely no point in that article does Rodgers say they are set to sign him and Scott Allan coming the other way. They've just assumed that. Unsurprising from that weegie rag thoughI was thinking that too...lot of assumptions being made in that article

superfurryhibby
07-07-2018, 12:25 PM
I was thinking that too...lot of assumptions being made in that article

You’re right. Rodgers doesn’t mention an increased bid either. He does say the clubs are negotiating though and that he hopes the deal is concluded next week. Given the headline and the fact the paper are saying Rogers was being unusually forthright, we can probably assume there was a fair bit of the off record chat and the reference to an increased bid being submitted this weekend means it’s very likely Mc Ginn will be offski. I wonder if he will play on Sunday?

Borderhibbie76
07-07-2018, 12:27 PM
You’re right. Rodgers doesn’t mention an increased bid either. He does say the clubs are negotiating though and that he hopes the deal is concluded next week. Given the headline and the fact the paper are saying Rogers was being unusually forthright, we can probably assume there was a fair bit of the off record chat and the reference to an increased bid being submitted this weekend means it’s very likely Mc Ginn will be offski. I wonder if he will play on Sunday?If he doesn't I would assume he's offski on Monday morning as imagine 2moros team will be the one that starts against Runavik on Thurs

Jim44
07-07-2018, 01:32 PM
I’ll be cheesed off, if not signed for Celtic, if McGinn doesn’t play in our two upcoming matches. I’ve no doubt that Rodgers would play Tierney in games unless a deal had been signed.

Paisley Hibby
07-07-2018, 09:48 PM

I'd say Dylan is a bigger loss than SJM - especially based on performances since January.

B.H.F.C
07-07-2018, 09:53 PM
I'd say Dylan is a bigger loss than SJM - especially based on performances since January.

Dylan is a fantastic footballer but McGinn will be far harder to replace and will have a future at a higher level that Dylan. For all McGeough was our most consistent player last year, his big move at the end of it was to League One.

Smartie
07-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Dylan is a fantastic footballer but McGinn will be far harder to replace and will have a future at a higher level that Dylan. For all McGeough was our most consistent player last year, his big move at the end of it was to League One.

I don't think McGeouch will be in League One for long though.

McGinn's main advantage over McGeouch is his injury history. Last season was the first time Dylan has played a full season.

They're both excellent players, and will both take a bit of replacing.

One way or another the majority of the money that comes in for McGinn will need to be used for replacement(s) in this area. I don't think Allan or Mallan could reasonably be considered to be replacements for McGinn or McGeouch, although I'd expect Slivka to step up for one of them.

I also think that having Allan and Mallan will make Swanson's future look a bit uncertain.

CmoantheHibs
07-07-2018, 10:09 PM

McGinn's main advantage over McGeouch is his injury history. Last season was the first time Dylan has played a full season.

One way or another the majority of the money that comes in for McGinn will need to be used for replacement(s) in this area. I don't think Allan or Mallan could reasonably be considered to be replacements for McGinn or McGeouch, although I'd expect Slivka to step up for one of them.

I also think that having Allan and Mallan will make Swanson's future look a bit uncertain.

Good summary. I do think we may play in a different manner next season which may involve having a more gifted physical player sitting deeper.

B.H.F.C
07-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Regarding replacements, I’m not sure we can replace them like for Like. It might be a case of changing the way we play, or changing our style a bit. Mallan for instance might get us more goals but might also leave us more open to conceding. Whereas Dylan just kept the ball for fun meaning the other team couldn’t do much, whilst not being a threat himself.

The midfield three of McGeough, McGinn and Allan were as good as I’ve seen at Hibs. The next three might be just as good, it might just be in a different way.

Agree that Allan signig would be the end for Swanson.

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2018, 10:22 PM

Finally some sense, they are nothing alike. Being Scottish and playing for Hibs is the only similarities.

cockneymike
08-07-2018, 05:42 AM
Anyone know what the rules are about being Cup tied for European games? I.e could SJM play for us in the first European game but still play for Celtic in CLthe qualifiers? I know it’s ok to play for different teams on qualifiers and the CL group stages. Just thinking it would be good to have him help us get the show on the road if unwashed haven’t yet come up with the right cash

Ozyhibby
08-07-2018, 07:00 AM
Anyone know what the rules are about being Cup tied for European games? I.e could SJM play for us in the first European game but still play for Celtic in CLthe qualifiers? I know it’s ok to play for different teams on qualifiers and the CL group stages. Just thinking it would be good to have him help us get the show on the road if unwashed haven’t yet come up with the right cash

If we are close to a deal we won’t risk an injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
08-07-2018, 08:14 AM
If we are close to a deal we won’t risk an injury.

If no deal is agreed we should play him. Resting him is a display of deference to Celtic and will encourage them to play hardball knowing we are about to ‘surrender’ to their conditions. It’s hardly a life threatening gamble, and so what if he picks up a couple of knocks? We need to be at full strength to ensure that our guys have not wasted their money on the Greek trip. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Can't we just sell him to Southampton and cut out the middle man?

Jim44
08-07-2018, 09:21 AM

If we did that, I think we would risk not getting Allan at some point. OK, we might get more cash and no McGinn coming back to haunt us but I’d rather we had Allan and put up with McGinn for three or four games against Celtic each season.

Bob Box Fish
08-07-2018, 09:25 AM
£2.75m and Scott Allan that’s the ticket 👍

GloryGlory
08-07-2018, 09:36 AM
If we did that, I think we would risk not getting Allan at some point. OK, we might get more cash and no McGinn coming back to haunt us but I’d rather we had Allan and put up with McGinn for three or four games against Celtic each season.

With the signing of Kamberi (and also possibly Maclaren), our recruitment team has shown it can find and identify talent. If we didn't get Scott Allan, I'd be reasonably confident that we could identify another player for that position.

Speedy
08-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Why would Celtic refuse to sell us Allan? He's clearly not in their plans

brog
08-07-2018, 10:03 AM
With the signing of Kamberi (and also possibly Maclaren), our recruitment team has shown it can find and identify talent. If we didn't get Scott Allan, I'd be reasonably confident that we could identify another player for that position.

We probably already have 2 in Mallan & Swanson. I doubt we'll get better on the open market but Scotty is a must for me.

CMurdoch
08-07-2018, 10:06 AM

:greengrin:top marks

Jim44
08-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Why would Celtic refuse to sell us Allan? He's clearly not in their plans

Are you telling me that Lawwell and Celtic wouldn’t stoop to pettiness if they didn’t get their way in signing McGinn? Whether he is or isn’t in their plans they could very well stand in his way of moving to us, even if it was cutting off their nose to spite their face.

3pm
08-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Is McGinn due money from this?

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Are you telling me that Lawwell and Celtic wouldn’t stoop to pettiness if they didn’t get their way in signing McGinn? Whether he is or isn’t in their plans they could very well stand in his way of moving to us, even if it was cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I don't think they would be spiteful if we kept them informed of what was happening.

If we get a bigger bid elsewhere and they don't want to match or better it, there should be no problem.

AlbertK86
08-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Is McGinn due money from this?

Yep he gets a percentage

J-C
08-07-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm always amazed at the number of people on here with inside information regarding players contracts and possible clauses in future contracts, these players must be such blabbermouths telling every Tom, Dick and Harry about detail in their contracts.

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 10:32 AM
https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-set-to-seal-3million-deal-this-week/

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
08-07-2018, 10:34 AM
£3m plus Scott Allan and a hefty sell on clause. I'd be happy with that. When he inevitability goes to Southampton we'll make a fortune.

franks
08-07-2018, 10:36 AM

Brilliant. :applause:

Jim44
08-07-2018, 10:37 AM
I don't think they would be spiteful if we kept them informed of what was happening.

If we get a bigger bid elsewhere and they don't want to match or better it, there should be no problem.

I hope you’re right, but nothing surprises me in our football backwater.

keep the faith
08-07-2018, 10:40 AM

I'm not. Sorry but players like Scott Allan don't come around very often.

Springbank
08-07-2018, 10:42 AM
https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-set-to-seal-3million-deal-this-week/

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

i surprise myself saying this but that report seems plausible and the outcome would be fairly satisfactory, if it pans out that way

J-C
I'm not. Sorry but players like Scott Allan don't come around very often.

Fortunately Allan has never really produced it anywhere else except here, if he had he'd be outwith our budget.

Heisenberg
I'm always amazed at the number of people on here with inside information regarding players contracts and possible clauses in future contracts, these players must be such blabbermouths telling every Tom, Dick and Harry about detail in their contracts.

Bit like you with the JC deal then eh? :greengrin

Speedy
08-07-2018, 10:44 AM

I don't think they would. Get themselves say £250k plus saving the same again in wages rather than waiting for him to leave for nothing in 12 months.

Would be different if we flat out refused to sell to Celtic but if they are simply outbid it would be fine.

J-C
08-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Bit like you with the JC deal then eh? :greengrin

Only thing in that was the fact his dad is a very good mate, I had no info re his wages at the time, I was just told it was a £500k get out clause. :greengrin

Apart from that I have zero knowledge when it comes to wages etc unless it's from Football Manager :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Only thing in that was the fact his dad is a very good mate, I had no info re his wages at the time, I was just told it was a £500k get out clause. :greengrin

Apart from that I have zero knowledge when it comes to wages etc unless it's from Football Manager :greengrin

Cant say i have ever seen you post anything on this subject in the past J-C. :greengrin

CapitalGreen
08-07-2018, 10:48 AM

Cup tied rule no longer exists in European competition.

J-C
08-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Cant say i have ever seen you post anything on this subject in the past J-C. :greengrin

Hahaha the one and only real bit of ITK I've ever had, you'll hear about it for years to come :greengrin

Diclonius
08-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Looks like it might be the same as the original Allan transfer - Celtic pay a reduced fee but allow Allan to come to us for nothing, as with McGeouch in 2015.

Hermit Crab
08-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Looks like it might be the same as the original Allan transfer - Celtic pay a reduced fee but allow Allan to come to us for nothing, as with McGeouch in 2015.

We paid money for McGeouch.

Diclonius
08-07-2018, 11:07 AM
We paid money for McGeouch.

We did? I thought Celtic waived his transfer fee. :confused:

Hermit Crab
08-07-2018, 11:12 AM
We did? I thought Celtic waived his transfer fee. :confused:

Yeah, I'm sure I remember being told by a well known supporters rep that we paid a fee in the region of 250-300k.

brog
08-07-2018, 11:27 AM
i surprise myself saying this but that report seems plausible and the outcome would be fairly satisfactory, if it pans out that way

It would be more plausible if they were able to spell difficult words like "bid" correctly!

brog
08-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I'm sure I remember being told by a well known supporters rep that we paid a fee in the region of 250-300k.

Wasn't DM out of contract? Could only have been a development fee & that seems a bit high.

erin go bragh
08-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Wasn't DM out of contract? Could only have been a development fee & that seems a bit high.

Hibernian can confirm Dylan McGeouch has joined the club from Celtic for an undisclosed fee and the midfielder has agreed a three year contract.
Thats from our fishy site .

tamig
08-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Was Calum Patersons dev fee not around the 400k mark?

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Fortunately Allan has never really produced it anywhere else except here, if he had he'd be outwith our budget.

He'd be out of our budget if he was able to play 90 minutes regularly.

The fact that he rarely does should help keep his value down.

J-C
08-07-2018, 12:41 PM
He'd be out of our budget if he was able to play 90 minutes regularly.

The fact that he rarely does should help keep his value down.

Maybe due to his well known diabetes issues.

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Maybe. :dunno:

Whatever the reason, it should help keep the fee down.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Sell Mcginn to the highest bidder imo (providing more than just Celtic are interested)

Offer Celtic 200k for Allan. If they reject and decide to then pay him circa 500k between now and next summer, then that's their decision. Which they won't. They'll agree a pay off towards the end of the window and/or agree a fee with us

Rodgers is posturing with his comments on Allan and Christie. He wants neither but making it look like they'll be part of the squad so clubs pay money

Gibby the Hibby
08-07-2018, 09:41 PM
celtiics 2nd bid of around 2 million will no doubt be in tomorrow

Shrekko
08-07-2018, 10:23 PM
It absolutely has to be.

When you hear him talk about what he has to do before a game and at half time it’s clear that it’s not straight forward. Sometimes he seems last the full 90 no bother and other times you can see him flag a bit.

madhatter
08-07-2018, 10:32 PM
It absolutely has to be.

When you hear him talk about what he has to do before a game and at half time it’s clear that it’s not straight forward. Sometimes he seems last the full 90 no bother and other times you can see him flag a bit.

Maybe not, we don’t know. This is a bit like the discussion on Lennon’s depression. No problem being open and discussing it but also no point jumping to conclusions.

Nacho for Real Madrid and Spain is diabetic and he seems to last 90mins quite a bit. My point being everyone is different and we just don’t know. Managing the condition does not automatically mean he struggles to play 90mins.

He’s had some bad games for us and been subbed, that may or may not have been due to him being diabetic. Either way he’s had poor games and been subbed early like any other player. Swanson struggles to play 90mins as well, what do we read into that?

Hermit Crab
08-07-2018, 11:24 PM
celtiics 2nd bid of around 2 million will no doubt be in tomorrow

Celtic are in Armenia so I doubt anything will happen until they return from CL qualifier match.

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 11:36 PM
It absolutely has to be.

He's only played the full 90 once since he came back to Hibs

mjhibby
09-07-2018, 11:07 AM
I've no worries about the transfer. Allan will slot in straight away and I'm sure we have someone lined up to replace mcginn. Same with mclaren. He will slot in straight away so not worried how long it will take. Remember it was mclaren and kamberi who took the team to another level and we were still winning minus mcgeoch and barker. I think Lennon is only it irritated in the fact that he needs the mcginn transfer to be concluded, once they are close to our valuation. Then I'm sure everything will fall into place. If mcginn doesn't go then we don't need to replace him. Getting mclaren and Allan in are the key for me.

Ozyhibby
09-07-2018, 11:53 AM
I've no worries about the transfer. Allan will slot in straight away and I'm sure we have someone lined up to replace mcginn. Same with mclaren. He will slot in straight away so not worried how long it will take. Remember it was mclaren and kamberi who took the team to another level and we were still winning minus mcgeoch and barker. I think Lennon is only it irritated in the fact that he needs the mcginn transfer to be concluded, once they are close to our valuation. Then I'm sure everything will fall into place. If mcginn doesn't go then we don't need to replace him. Getting mclaren and Allan in are the key for me.

Indeed. If McGinn doesn’t go then it’s not the end of the world. Means we still have him for this season, which is great. We are not strapped for cash just now, so if he wants to run down his contract then so be it. He’s been a great signing either way.

.Sean.
09-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Absolutely due to this. Type 1 diabetes is exhausting and those that don’t live with the condition will never know the strain it takes on your body :agree:

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Absolutely due to this. Type 1 diabetes is exhausting and those that don’t live with the condition will never know the strain it takes on your body :agree:

Maybe, but if managed properly it shouldn’t be much of a hindrance. My ex-gf was T1 and she had no problem with competitive sports/stamina.

I think Allan mentioned previously that we were great the first time round for helping him manage his Diabetes.

bingo70
09-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Correct, i'm like a broken record on this as i was completely ignorant about it until i met my wife who has to deal with it.

It's why i always get annoyed when people refer to him as lazy or question his work ethic. For him to got to the level he has while dealing with having type 1 diabetes is nothing short of incredible and probably required about 10x the work that other players will have had to put in.

There's only a handful of sportsmen that have made it to the top level of sport with the condition, Gary Mabbutt and Steve Redgrave are the only two i know, which i think should tell people just how well he has done to get to this level.

bingo70
09-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Maybe, but if managed properly it shouldn’t be much of a hindrance. My ex-gf was T1 and she had no problem with competitive sports/stamina.

I think Allan mentioned previously that we were great the first time round for helping manage busy Diabetes.

I would disagree with that, even if managed properly it would still take a huge toll on the body when playing professional sport full time.

Can i ask what level of sport your ex made it to? If it's not professional and doing it day in and day out then being judged every week by thousands for every single mistake that she may have made then it's not a fair direct comparison IMO.

Lago
09-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Correct, i'm like a broken record on this as i was completely ignorant about it until i met my wife who has to deal with it.

It's why i always get annoyed when people refer to him as lazy or question his work ethic. For him to got to the level he has while dealing with having type 1 diabetes is nothing short of incredible and probably required about 10x the work that other players will have had to put in.

There's only a handful of sportsmen that have made it to the top level of sport with the condition, Gary Mabbutt and Steve Redgrave are the only two i know, which i think should tell people just how well he has done to get to this level.
Danny Mcgrain

bingo70
09-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Danny Mcgrain

Didn't realise that.

Even more remarkable he did it in those days.

IncredibleHibee
09-07-2018, 12:29 PM

I think Allan mentioned previously that we were great the first time round for helping him manage his Diabetes.

I would also disagree with this. We aren’t saying having diabetes means you can’t run about a few times a week as you get too tired. What is being said is it is a hinderance to a professional athlete who needs to use great deals of energy everyday, which his body can’t by itself access.

Chic Murray
09-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Maybe not, we don’t know. This is a bit like the discussion on Lennon’s depression. No problem being open and discussing it but also no point jumping to conclusions.

Nacho for Real Madrid and Spain is diabetic and he seems to last 90mins quite a bit. My point being everyone is different and we just don’t know. Managing the condition does not automatically mean he struggles to play 90mins.

He’s had some bad games for us and been subbed, that may or may not have been due to him being diabetic. Either way he’s had poor games and been subbed early like any other player. Swanson struggles to play 90mins as well, what do we read into that?

Yup, absolutely naff to talk about people's health like your an expert on the subject. It's their business, some of the nonsense about Lennon's hissy fit at Tynecastle was cringeworthy.

We should stick to talking about football.

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 12:34 PM
I would disagree with that, even if managed properly it would still take a huge toll on the body when playing professional sport full time.

Can i ask what level of sport your ex made it to? If it's not professional and doing it day in and day out then being judged every week by thousands for every single mistake that she may have made then it's not a fair direct comparison IMO.

Maybe. I don’t have much to base it on other than the fact that she personally didn’t feel hindered. She was generally very good at managing her blood sugar levels though. Allan excels here, and not so much at other clubs. Whether that’s something to do with our medical staff, or just Hibs being the ‘right fit’, who knows.

Effectively under-21 international levels. She was probably good enough to go further but was studying Vet Med so obviously had to make a decision on which avenue to pursue.

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 12:36 PM
I would also disagree with this. We aren’t saying having diabetes means you can’t run about a few times a week as you get too tired. What is being said is it is a hinderance to a professional athlete who needs to use great deals of energy everyday, which his body can’t by itself access.

I’ll make sure to let her know that playing for her country was just running around a little bit.

My point was that, while it makes things harder, if managed properly it doesn’t need to be a huge hindrance.

GloryGlory
09-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Danny Mcgrain

The 5 time Olympic champion Steve Redgrave is also diabetic.

Wilson
09-07-2018, 12:51 PM
The 5 time Olympic champion Steve Redgrave is also diabetic.

Did not know that. At least not until someone posted it 8 or 9 posts ago.

Oscar T Grouch
09-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Didn't realise that.

Even more remarkable he did it in those days.

Gary Mabbut was also a T1 diabetic and you're right diabetes today is a cakewalk compared to even 20 years ago, never mind when Danny was active. It is still very difficult for a T1 to keep a balanced sugar while exercising.

GloryGlory
09-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Did not know that. At least not until someone posted it 8 or 9 posts ago.

Repetition of information is a sound educational tool for allowing people to remember things, apparently. :greengrin

IncredibleHibee
09-07-2018, 06:53 PM
I’ll make sure to let her know that playing for her country was just running around a little bit.

Aye, if you could that would be great. Cheers

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 07:00 PM
Aye, if you could that would be great. Cheers

:)

DetroitHibs
09-07-2018, 07:36 PM
We can speculate till the cows come home about how much we'll get for John McGinn. The bottom line is we'll probably never know. It will be like most other transfers, an "undiclosesd" fee.

oneone73
09-07-2018, 07:38 PM
We can speculate till the cows come home about how much we'll get for John McGinn. The bottom line is we'll probably never know. It will be like most other transfers, an "undiclosesd" fee.

It might come out from the St Mirren end.

snooky
09-07-2018, 07:49 PM

A euphemism?

DetroitHibs
09-07-2018, 07:52 PM

That's very true, I hope so. I think we have a right to know what a player is sold for. I know some dont as it let's other clubs know how much we have, but personally I'd prefer to know. Hopefully Neil is given a large chunk of it to invest in the squad.

WeeRussell
10-07-2018, 09:48 AM
That's very true, I hope so. I think we have a right to know what a player is sold for. I know some dont as it let's other clubs know how much we have, but personally I'd prefer to know. Hopefully Neil is given a large chunk of it to invest in the squad.

You would honestly prefer that to an 'undisclosed fee' and then years of .net posters pretending they know how much it was?!

Michael
10-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Better undisclosed otherwise other clubs we deal with will want it all. The rough figure is always reported in the papers anyway.

ancient hibee
10-07-2018, 10:48 AM
You would honestly prefer that to an 'undisclosed fee' and then years of .net posters pretending they know how much it was?!
Situation normal surely.:greengrin

BegbieHSC
11-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Sky Sports reporting we’ve rejected a 2nd bid fae Sellic...

J-C
11-07-2018, 11:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/939072092137541634/vVbNW6JN_bigger.jpgSky Sports Scotland‏Verified account @ScotlandSky (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky)FollowingFollowing
@ScotlandSky

More

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWSSky sources understand Hibernian have rejected a second bid from Celtic for midfielder John McGinn. #SSN (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SSN?src=hash)

Bob Box Fish
11-07-2018, 11:34 AM
1.6 million and two penny chews.

Diclonius
11-07-2018, 11:35 AM
It really is disgusting how the OF treat every other club in Scotland with utter contempt.

They're obscenely rich. Pay what he's ****ing worth.

Bob Box Fish
11-07-2018, 11:37 AM
It really is disgusting how the OF treat every other club in Scotland with utter contempt.

They're obscenely rich. Pay what he's ****ing worth.

I would imagine we are doing the same with our signings and that is why they are taking time. Barnsley- we want £500k for Mallan, Hibs - we think he’s worth £100k ....

Springbank
11-07-2018, 11:41 AM
I would imagine we are doing the same with our signings and that is why they are taking time. Barnsley- we want £500k for Mallan, Hibs - we think he’s worth £100k ....

Who knows...but what I can be sure of is Hibs don't then leak to the press that we've had bids turned down (thereby unsettling the player).

They have no class, these Weegies.

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 11:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/939072092137541634/vVbNW6JN_bigger.jpgSky Sports Scotland‏Verified account @ScotlandSky (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky)FollowingFollowing
@ScotlandSky

More

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWSSky sources understand Hibernian have rejected a second bid from Celtic for midfielder John McGinn. #SSN (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SSN?src=hash)

Is that enough though? A few on here won't be happy with a simple 'rejected offer'. Lennon is supposed to pull a moonie, raise two fingers to Brendan Rogers and tweet "I hate Celtic".

Bob Box Fish
11-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Who knows...but what I can be sure of is Hibs don't then leak to the press that we've had bids turned down (thereby unsettling the player).

They have no class, these Weegies.

Might be the agent. Lots of agents go to SSN following a bid.

Bob Box Fish
11-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Says 2 million on ssn

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Is that enough though? A few on here won't be happy with a simple 'rejected offer'. Lennon is supposed to pull a moonie, raise two fingers to Brendan Rogers and tweet "I hate Celtic".

Have it on excellent authority that Lennon has done exactly that.

J-C
McGinn will be well aware of the money we will be expecting and he'll also know that until a proper offer is made he won't be going anywhere, if he's unhappy about that then will put in a transfer request.

WeeRussell

Source?

Wembley67
11-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Source?

Does it actually matter??

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Source?

Wild horses wouldn't drag it from me.

GordonHFC
11-07-2018, 11:50 AM
McGinn will be well aware of the money we will be expecting and he'll also know that until a proper offer is made he won't be going anywhere, if he's unhappy about that then will put in a transfer request.

Even if he does we will tell him the exact same thing. You can go but only when an acceptable offer comes in. He will then have shot himself in the foot and will not be entitled to any part of the transfer fee.

J-C
11-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Even if he does we will tell him the exact same thing. You can go but only when an acceptable offer comes in. He will then have shot himself in the foot and will not be entitled to any part of the transfer fee.

Exactly, we don't turn over and let them shaft us anymore, those days are long gone, John is a very good pro and will do what's right for him, us and St Mirren, he'll know we've all invested a lot of time in him over the years .

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Wild horses wouldn't drag it from me.

PM please?

Springbank
11-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Might be the agent. Lots of agents go to SSN following a bid.

there's no agent would do that without checking it with the club concerned first. this headline will not have been a surprise for Celtic..

alhibby
11-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Celts have to get realistic, wasnt 25Mill quoted for Tierney?

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Does it actually matter??

Hugely, actually.

Hibeewilly
11-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Celts have to get realistic, wasnt 25Mill quoted for Tierney?
£7m for Armstrong is the yardstick for me...….how can they offer us 1.5m/2m for McGinn when they have just sold him for that fee.....ridiculous:fuming:

flash
11-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Next offer probably seals the deal.

Souter96Mac
11-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Next offer probably seals the deal.

I reckon it'll be around £2.5/3 million with Allan.

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 12:09 PM
£7m for Armstrong is the yardstick for me...….how can they offer us 1.5m/2m for McGinn when they have just sold him for that fee.....ridiculous:fuming:

I'd be wanting a similar amount to what Scott Brown left for, really. That's before taking inflation into account :wink: It's a similar situation regarding his importance and value.

Albeit presumably Brown had longer left on his contract at the time.

Hibeewilly
11-07-2018, 12:18 PM
I'd be wanting a similar amount to what Scott Brown left for, really. That's before taking inflation into account :wink: It's a similar situation regarding his importance and value.

Albeit presumably Brown had longer left on his contract at the time.
That would be far more reasonable.....if I remember correctly their first bid for Brown was around £2m before Collins advised Rod on the proper numbers. Don't be surprised to see Morgan thrown in on a season long loan deal as well

Hermit Crab
11-07-2018, 12:20 PM
That would be far more reasonable.....if I remember correctly their first bid for Brown was around £2m before Collins advised Rod on the proper numbers. Don't be surprised to see Morgan thrown in on a season long loan deal as well

He played for them last night in Armenia, came on as a sub so I think he might be in Rogers plans. SA however was an unused substitute last night.

givescotlandfreedom
11-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Arrogant tossers as usual. Imagine the bleating if someone was low balling and unsettling a player the night before a big European game for them.

Scottie
11-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Arrogant tossers as usual. Imagine the bleating if someone was low balling and unsettling a player the night before a big European game for them.
:agree: I have the same respect for Sellick as a do the huns. ABSOLUTE ZERO.

Wembley67
11-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Hugely, actually.

Can you not just take comments at face value or you the **** that questions everyone?? :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
11-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Come on Celtic cough up. Not as if they're stuck for cash.

Hfc_Since1875
11-07-2018, 12:54 PM
According to EEN we have rejected a second bid of £2m

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/neil-lennon-confirms-hibs-have-rejected-new-celtic-bid-for-john-mcginn-1-4767192

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Can you not just take comments at face value or you the **** that questions everyone?? :greengrin

Ok, I'm now unsure whether you don't realise the below was our exchange, or if you're playing along.

If the latter, then well played :greengrin

Source?

Diclonius
11-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Hopefully the recent Celtic love in will be over after this.

BT58
11-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Sky understands new offer was £1.75m. SSN

weecounty hibby
11-07-2018, 01:02 PM

If true then they can **** off. Derisory doesn't even begin to describe that. Pay the going rate for a full Scotland international you parasites. I hate celtic every bit as much as Der hun!!!

Chic Murray
11-07-2018, 01:04 PM
If true then they can **** off. Derisory doesn't even begin to describe that. Pay the going rate for a full Scotland international you parasites. I hate celtic every bit as much as Der hun!!!

Probably been asked already, but if he plays tomorrow, would that make him cup tied for Europe?

BoomtownHibees
11-07-2018, 01:07 PM
He played for them last night in Armenia, came on as a sub so I think he might be in Rogers plans. SA however was an unused substitute last night.

No point in taking him then as he will be cup tied for Europe

Springbank
11-07-2018, 01:09 PM

hope Hibs statement says price is £3m as per previous statement. press ctrl/alt and + To increase font size for those reading this in Glasgow

makaveli1875
11-07-2018, 01:10 PM
No point in taking him then as he will be cup tied for Europe

No he wont,same if Mcginn plays on thursday he wont be cup tied for Celtics Euro games

Jim44
11-07-2018, 01:16 PM
McGinn will play, I’m sure and he will not be cut-tied. I’ll be cheesed off if he’s not after derisory interest by the Weegie giants (not). Glad to read about so-called interest from Ipswich Town, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham City and Derby County. They must be holding back on their bids till Celtic add some credence to the situation by making a serious offer.:rolleyes:

Jim44
11-07-2018, 01:18 PM
No he wont,same if Mcginn plays on thursday he wont be cup tied for Celtics Euro games

Personally I hope they get knocked out before he ever arrives at Parkhead, which is far from a racing certainty by the looks of things.

hibsforeurope
11-07-2018, 01:19 PM

That offer is about £1m less than what they have paid for the new sound/lighting system in Celtic Park. They need to get serious if they really want to sign McGinn.

Michael
11-07-2018, 01:20 PM

Can't see him going to Celtic then. They might make one last bid which will be probably £2m at most. Don't think we'd take that - especially since 30% goes to St. Miren.

BoomtownHibees
11-07-2018, 01:20 PM

Lol

CRAZYHIBBY
11-07-2018, 01:32 PM
They can bid what they like, hes a celtic fan and wants to go there so if hibs dont take their offer then they will just hold out till January and sign him for nothing

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2018, 01:42 PM
They can bid what they like, hes a celtic fan and wants to go there so if hibs dont take their offer then they will just hold out till January and sign him for nothing

150k...tops

Jim44
11-07-2018, 01:51 PM

As others have said, we would be better to get a season out of him and all the benefits that might bring, as opposed to being held to ransom by these middens who want him for peanuts. I don’t think McGinn is the type to go in the powder puff and hand in a transfer request or cause trouble for us by being awkward. He’ll give us 100%.

hulk
11-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Are these actual facts - Serious question

1 - is he really a Celtic fan or is there just some family
allegiance

2 - you said he wants to go there. Has Mginn said this or is it just a
guess based on him being a fan.

Hibs90
11-07-2018, 01:57 PM
I hope Celtuc get pumped out the Champions League (again) and someone takes a dump in Peter Lawells coffee

Stokesy's on fire
11-07-2018, 01:58 PM
pretty insulting offers from Celtic 1.75million is a joke.

Hibs90
11-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Are these actual facts - Serious question

1 - is he really a Celtic fan or is there just some family
allegiance

2 - you said he wants to go there. Has Mginn said this or is it just a
guess based on him being a fan.

1. Nobody knows
2. Nobody know

andybev1
11-07-2018, 02:15 PM
These fools have lied to us from the start, saying they would not stand in the way of Allan moving and now trying to unsettle Mcginn while lowballing us on price. They have lost any credibility they might have had.

I wonder how much does Rogers have to do with the transfer process, other than say who he does or does not want to sign/get rid of?

One thing that might be good for us, if both players stay where theey are, considering that Celtic are trying to kid Allan on with the promise of a place in the team (which I do not think there is any intention of), is that when he sees that he has been bull****ted, he can do the same as Mcginn and leave on a free.

WhileTheChief..
11-07-2018, 02:20 PM
1. Nobody knows
2. Nobody know

My old boss lives next door to the McGinn family and knows them well.

His kids went to the same school and John still goes to their sports day to hand out medals and such like.

The family are all die hard Celtic fans and he would love to join them.

Michael
11-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Wasn't McGinn at Celtic before St. Mirren?

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:28 PM

His kids went to the same school and John still goes to their sports day to hand out medals and such like.

Too bad, he might just have to curb his enthusiasm and love for them for one more season.

SeanWilson
11-07-2018, 02:29 PM

I'm sure he would. I also believe in his love for Hibs and have no concerns for his commitment while he remains here. The lad is top notch and I'll give him every bit of my support while he remains a Hibs player and beyond.

Smartie
11-07-2018, 02:30 PM
I think it all depends on whether John McGinn is as good a lad as he appears.

I've never heard anything but ringing endorsements of his character, I've met him briefly and he seemed a really decent chap.

You couldn't really say the same for Scott Allan.

McGinn doesn't really strike me as the handitin type to force a move, thus depriving Hibs and Saints of the payoff they deserve for developing him, although I could be wrong.

Anyone else suspect that there may be something of the Petrie/ Lawell thing about this? We've had a very good relationship with Celtic in recent years, so this pish is a bit out of character. Maybe someone is trying to prove a point, to settle a score?

andybev1
11-07-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm sure he would. I also believe in his love for Hibs and have no concerns for his commitment while he remains here. The lad is top notch and I'll give him every bit of my support while he remains a Hibs player and beyond.

Totally, john is a class act on and off the pitch.

Ringothedog
11-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Too bad, he might just have to curb his enthusiasm and love for them for one more season.

There is no chance that will happen, he will leave in this transfer window. Hibs cannot afford to not sell him.

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:45 PM
There is no chance that will happen, he will leave in this transfer window. Hibs cannot afford to not sell him.

I disagree. There will be a valuation below which the benefits of having him for one more season outweigh the derisory amount Celtic think they will get him for.

BILLYHIBS
11-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Just had a What’s App poll of my six HIBS loving mates: 1.75 m for SJM Deal or No Deal?

You guessed it : NO DEAL !

:nlgwa

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Just had a What’s App poll of my six HIBS loving mates: 1.75 m for SJM Deal or No Deal?

I hear one of your mates is a bit of a banker though?

InchHibby
11-07-2018, 02:53 PM
I really wish another club , preferably one from down South, would come in for McGinn and work it right up these greedy cheating disrespecting bar stewards.
I know all the crap about, he’s only got a year left, they could sign him in January etc etc., I’d rather keep him for another year than accept their pish.

Smartie
11-07-2018, 02:54 PM

I don't have any mates, but if I did they'd want us to tell Celtic to F off.

Since90+2
11-07-2018, 02:55 PM
If it gets to £2 million plus Allan then he is off IMO. That wouldn't be the worst deal in the world either.

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:58 PM
If it gets to £2 million plus Allan then he is off IMO. That wouldn't be the worst deal in the world either.

Fair enough, but at the moment we can only assume that their crappy bid does not include any other players coming in our direction.

WhileTheChief..
11-07-2018, 03:15 PM
I disagree. There will be a valuation below which the benefits of having him for one more season outweigh the derisory amount Celtic think they will get him for.

Agreed. I also think Lennon and Dempter are of the same mind.

SeanWilson
11-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Having thought about it quite a bit. The 'bids' from Celtic are nonsense. At the end of the day, Hibs are never going to just let him go for whatever Celtic are offering and they know that. There's either a deal in place and the clubs are appeasing fans (doubt it). Or Celtic really are just the same ****my unsettling *******s as rangers (far more likely). End of the day, if they want him, Celtic are more than capable of pulling the wedge required out the back pocket...

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Lascelles 25 million bid being laughed at while we are negotiating offers less than 10% of that for our star international player, for me, tells you everything you need to know about the ridiculous over-inflation of footballers' value down South.

BILLYHIBS
11-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Lascelles 25 million bid being laughed at while we are negotiating offers less than 10% of that for our star international player, for me, tells you everything you need to know about the ridiculous over-inflation of footballers' value down South.
Ex Aberdeen midfielder James Maddison joins Leicester 20m couldnae even lace SJMs bits. In fact cannae even remember him being at the sheep tho the name rings a bell.

It might well be because Everton have reneged on the deal for Tierney it has had a knock on effect and the Celtic hierarchy have put the biscuit tin back in the corner though I doubt it still small change for them they got 7m for Armstrong another that couldnae lace SJMs bits.

madhatter
11-07-2018, 03:47 PM
These bids prove one thing, Celtic are content being a joke in Europe. They need a strong domestic competition to strengthen themselves etc. Cheap bids for other Scottish teams players helps nobody but themselves. What a joy the OF are, eh?

itslegaltender
11-07-2018, 03:51 PM
The elephant in the room here is that McGinn has potentially made it known that he wants to only go to Celtic.

If thats the case, no other team will bid, as it will be known through back channels with his agent that this is the case. If they are the only show in town, we have little choice here. Given the paucity of the increase in bid, it suggests to me Celtic know this.

ekhibee
11-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Just speculation about what was offered. Celtic probably just trying their luck. It's all very well coming out with all this bravado that Hibs are quite right not to sell, Celtic are as bad as Rangers, blah blah blah, but if nobody else puts a bid in that matches Hibs valuation he'll be off for nothing in January or the end of next season, and both Hibs and St Mirren lose out financially regardless of whether he's a nice guy, loyal to the club etc. If Celtic don't come back with another bid, we've then got to rely on bids from down South which up to date haven't been forthcoming unless you believe rumours, and that's all they are, rumours.

Of course I'd love him to stay, all Hibs fans would. But this window is the opportunity Hibs have to make money from selling McGinn. If they don't or if there is no interest other than the Celtic bids which have already been turned down, we just have to accept that we will be getting another season with a player that's been great for us but we'll be getting nothing at the end of it, and move on.

H18 SFR
11-07-2018, 03:56 PM
The elephant in the room here is that McGinn has potentially made it known that he wants to only go to Celtic.

If thats the case, no other team will bid, as it will be known through back channels with his agent that this is the case. If they are the only show in town, we have little choice here. Given the paucity of the increase in bid, it suggests to me Celtic know this.

No reason to doubt any of this, personally I find it disappointing that many Scottish players want the comfort blanket of the SPL rather than trying to succeed in a better league.

Jim44
11-07-2018, 04:02 PM

Where and when was this made public? It may very well be true but it seems to be a ‘fact’ nourtured on Social media. Just like the ‘fact’ that McGinn is keen to hone his talents in the English leagues.

FRes Hibbie
11-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Where and when was this made public? It may very well be true but it seems to be a ‘fact’ nourtured on Social media. Just like the ‘fact’ that McGinn is keen to hone his talents in the English leagues.

It wasn't, hence 'potentially'

Ryan69
11-07-2018, 04:09 PM
I really cant understand this day and age...

Can representatives for the club not meet? Its not exactly 30,000 miles away.

Celtic rep: We like John amd we will offer £2million.
Hibs rep: Na mate...You sold Armstrong for £7million.
Celtic rep: ok ok £4 million,we throw in Allan...what do you say?
Hibs rep: deal!

I mean do they email them,registered post,pigeon mail perhaps?
If McGinn really wanted togo there and Hibs felt we were gonna lose him,a few phone calls later...deal is done.

Just dont get this Celtic have made another derogatory bid crap.

Betty Boop
11-07-2018, 04:11 PM

With his Grandad being an ex Chairman at Parkhead it was a nap he'd end up there.

Bob Box Fish
I’m surprised there’s been no movement from English championship teams yet.

Moulin Yarns
Just speculation about what was offered. Celtic probably just trying their luck. It's all very well coming out with all this bravado that Hibs are quite right not to sell, Celtic are as bad as Rangers, blah blah blah, but if nobody else puts a bid in that matches Hibs valuation he'll be off for nothing in January or the end of next season, and both Hibs and St Mirren lose out financially regardless of whether he's a nice guy, loyal to the club etc. If Celtic don't come back with another bid, we've then got to rely on bids from down South which up to date haven't been forthcoming unless you believe rumours, and that's all they are, rumours.

Of course I'd love him to stay, all Hibs fans would. But this window is the opportunity Hibs have to make money from selling McGinn. If they don't or if there is no interest other than the Celtic bids which have already been turned down, we just have to accept that we will be getting another season with a player that's been great for us but we'll be getting nothing at the end of it, and move on.

how many times does it have to be said, his contract with Hibs runs to the end of the season, HE CAN'T LEAVE IN JANUARY FOR NOTHING! He still has a value to Hibs, and until it is met he plays for Hibs, even with 6 months of a contract.

bod
If Celtic don’t up their bid I’d keep SJM for the season ,if he wants to sign a pre contract in January then so be it .No money for us & no sell on clause for St Mirren or he might sign a years contract in September hoping we sell him in January so there’s money passed to his former clubs

Jim44
11-07-2018, 04:16 PM
It wasn't, hence 'potentially'

As in the minds of the supporters, media etc. I don’t think English clubs would hold back from bidding on the strength of what people are thinking or guessing. Mind you there might be other reasons why English clubs haven’t tested the water yet.

Springbank
If Celtic don’t up their bid I’d keep SJM for the season ,if he wants to sign a pre contract in January then so be it .No money for us & no sell on clause for St Mirren or he might sign a years contract in September hoping we sell him in January so there’s money passed to his former clubs

Been mentioned before but there is literally no problem with a good sort, like John McGinn is, signing a precontract in a January.

The likes of Emre Can helped Liverpool reach the Champs League final while widely considered to have signed a precontract with Juve.

Winners, and good characters, like John McGinn is, will always want to go out on a high, with a trophy where possible.

Give me an extra year of seeing J McGinn in a Hibs jersey and potential onfield success this year, rather than a shan bid from the local tramp in his hoops.

matty_f
No reason to doubt any of this, personally I find it disappointing that many Scottish players want the comfort blanket of the SPL rather than trying to succeed in a better league.

I can understand why players would want to go to Celtc. Get a great wage, win trophies and compete in the Champions League, with the additional benefit of getting put properly in the shop window for English Premiership clubs and greatly enhancing their international prospects.

Scott Brown is a great example - he'll look back on a terrific career, he's been involved in some fantastic performances and results, played in some huge games and is a seriously wealthy man. I don't think he'd have any regrets at not testing himself in England (or elsewhere).

He could have joined someone like Hull or Bournemouth or Newcastle, won hee-haw and not experienced anything like he has with Celtc.

As much as I don't like it, if I had a choice between Celtc or Stoke (for example), it'd be Celtc every time for the reasons stated above.

matty_f
11-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Been mentioned before but there is literally no problem with a good sort, like John McGinn is, signing a precontract in a January.

The likes of Emre Can helped Liverpool reach the Champs League final while widely considered to have signed a precontract with Juve.

Winners, and good characters, like John McGinn is, will always want to go out on a high, with a trophy where possible.

Give me an extra year of seeing J McGinn in a Hibs jersey and potential onfield success this year, rather than a shan bid from the local tramp in his hoops.

:agree:

I'd be delighted if we didn't sell SJM this window, if he left for free and we got to watch him for another season I'd have no issue with that whatsoever.

madhatter
11-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Maybe Hibs should make a bid of 150,000 for Griffiths?

I find it quite funny when a "big" team bids for a player at a "small" team there is always talk of "price is based on demand" and all these factors to try to diminish cost to "big" team. But when a "big" team signs a player from a "big" team then money is no object even though there doesn't appear to be any concrete interest from elsewhere. Odsonne Edouard almost 8 times the player of McGinn? Nah...Celtic happy to throw 8-9m to PSG though. Then happy to get thumped by PSG I assume...

All these Celtic fans talking of we'll get him on a free in January. Did they talk with such force when they heard how much they were forking out for Edouard? Nah. Even though they got Dembele for cheaper and who is more productive at the moment.

snooky
11-07-2018, 04:23 PM
I can understand why players would want to go to Celtc. Get a great wage, win trophies and compete in the Champions League, with the additional benefit of getting put properly in the shop window for English Premiership clubs and greatly enhancing their international prospects.

Scott Brown is a great example - he'll look back on a terrific career, he's been involved in some fantastic performances and results, played in some huge games and is a seriously wealthy man. I don't think he'd have any regrets at not testing himself in England (or elsewhere).

He could have joined someone like Hull or Bournemouth or Newcastle, won hee-haw and not experienced anything like he has with Celtc.

As much as I don't like it, if I had a choice between Celtc or Stoke (for example), it'd be Celtc every time for the reasons stated above.

And he could drive "home" everyday.

HoboHarry
11-07-2018, 04:23 PM

Not to mention that the player (and maybe a partner?) have to be happy being away from home and family. I've lived away from Scotland for a third of my life and I'm fine with it, but I've known a lot of people who just can't deal with being away from home. That isn't a lack of ambition, just a reflection on who they are......

SirDavidsNapper
11-07-2018, 04:26 PM
I'd rather lose John McGinn for nothing than sell him for £1.75m

Jim44
11-07-2018, 04:31 PM

Exactly, and, as somebody reminded us several posts ago, LD is of the same opinion, thank god.

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Armstrong shows why players want to go to Celtic.I don’t consider him a better player than McGinn but it’s got him his move.If McGinn is desperate to go to Celtic then that’s why rather than to spend the rest of his career there.Armstrong clearly was determined to get out as soon as possible.

Ryan69
11-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Exactly, and, as somebody reminded us several posts ago, LD is of the same opinion, thank god.

Take into account it would appear 30% goes to St Mirren.

Keep him for the season...unless theres a major improvement

SirDavidsNapper
11-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Yep. Sends out a message we wont sell our players for peanuts.

HoboHarry
11-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Take into account it would appear 30% goes to St Mirren.

Keep him for the season...unless theres a major improvement
Where is the proof of this?

Ringothedog
11-07-2018, 04:40 PM

There is none. If it is said or written often entirely becomes fact

madhatter
11-07-2018, 04:43 PM

We should only talk to Celtic or another team at 2.5m + two players or 3m + one player in my eyes. Ronaldo moved from Juventus for a lot of money because he is a world star but was also a very valuable asset to Real Madrid, likewise Mahrez deal. Why is it only "big" teams that seem to get to value their own players? McGinn is arguably now our greatest asset in terms of playing staff and these offers are actually shameful from a Celtic perspective.

Armstrong wasn't even a guaranteed starter for them and they sold him for 7m, I'm sure they had a say in those matters and Southampton didn't just go 7m good for you? Hibs deserve their say, if isn't matched I'd tell them to get lost just out of morality, we need to stop being a feeder club to Celtic and Rangers, or at least get decent funds from them in order to eventually outgrow the feeder club status. Not so long ago the Scotland national squad was really an ex-Hibs team but always got called an "Old Firm based squad". Kenny Miller, Steven Whittaker, Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths, Steven Fletcher (not OF bound but still left), then you have Riordan, Stokes, Thomson, Allan and so on. We have directly or indirectly given so much talent to Celtic and Rangers and I think we need to get the correct amount for our players in order to grow out of this.

It possibly will never happen but Celtic and Rangers need to realise that a strong Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs is better for them. We'd get more in TV deals, we'd all enjoy better runs in Europe and attract better players from abroad etc.

Elephant Stone
11-07-2018, 04:44 PM

Cannot wait for fan ownership

HoboHarry
11-07-2018, 04:44 PM
There is none. If it is said or written often entirely becomes fact
Splendid - then I will repeat daily that I am currently dating Emma Stone......

Lago
11-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Be careful for what you wish.

HoboHarry
11-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Be careful for what you wish.
Think he was being sarcastic.......

madhatter
11-07-2018, 04:57 PM

If McGinn helps us to stay in Europe for a mini run and helps us to win a cup, letting him go for free rather than taking 1.75m will look like a great decision. 200k for every round we get through in Europe plus a decent cup run, we could easily get close to half of the fee they are offering, maybe more. Getting more exposure in European competition cannot be underestimated either, might get some ex-pats or just neutral football fans looking to find out more about Hibs and their amazing kits and their amazing player called McGinn...

Lets just sell because we've got an offer, money is automatically better than no money...that'd be a great fan ownership model, reminds me of Only Fools and Horses and Del Boy having a watch worth millions sitting in his garage, he was ecstatic when he thought it was thousands on offer, the watch was actually worth millions - Del Boy would have accepted thousands, he hadn't a clue and just saw ££££.

Captain Trips
11-07-2018, 05:00 PM
This sort of offer does nothing for the game up here at all. Trying to raise the profile of the game here showing there are some really good players up here yet Celtic are trying to secure one of the best talents up here double cup winner international for under £2m after selling no better than him for £7m.

I do not know how this will play out but those offers are not even derisory they are a disgrace as are Celtic. There has to be a stand made at some point can we afford too? Well lets say SJM wanted to stay sign a 1yr extension and stay then we wouldnt be getting anything at all just now. £3m is to short for me also he is worth every bit that Armstrong is.

Celtic should be treated with the same respect those offers are.

we are hibs
11-07-2018, 05:00 PM
That Alan Nixon on Twitter saying mcginn wants to go to Celtic

Col_0762
11-07-2018, 05:02 PM

I’ve always wondered this as well. His contract was up at St Mirren, he rejected a new deal and we therefore paid the agreed development fee. Why would we agree a sell on clause? Sure we didn’t offer that up voluntarily? If an agreement between the two clubs on a fee can’t be agreed, then it goes to the SPFL board or SFA and they decide the fee. Find it unbelievable we would agree to a sell on fee when we weren’t required to, especially knowing the potential of McGinn to make us a few quid.

Wilson
11-07-2018, 05:03 PM

Wow! What a scoop!

WestStandMoaner
11-07-2018, 05:03 PM
As in the minds of the supporters, media etc. I don’t think English clubs would hold back from bidding on the strength of what people are thinking or guessing. Mind you there might be other reasons why English clubs haven’t tested the water yet.

There is is no doubt in my mind the reason English clubs have not put in a bid is because McGinn wants to go to Celtic. He would have told his representatives this and they would have made this clear to other clubs who were interested.

celtic would have got wind of this hence the reason of the low bids, there is also no doubt they are trying to unsettle him. Like others have mentioned John is a professional and he will not throw the toys out the pram so I don't think we have to worry about McGinn forcing the issue

As far as I am concerned if the club feels the offers don't meet their valuation then they have my backing. I have no problem watching McGinn for another season and if he goes for nothing then fine.

However, are Celtic going to walk away, their fans would crucify them, you just have to read Celtic rumour pages to see the vast majority of them are slating the club for showing a lack of ambition. They are chancing their luck, Hibs will get the deal they want and Celtic will get McGinn I am sure this will be sorted in the next 48 hours

Captain Trips
11-07-2018, 05:04 PM

Perhaps when they show him and Hibs proper respect that may occur.

shetlandhibee
11-07-2018, 05:10 PM
We should only talk to Celtic or another team at 2.5m + two players or 3m + one player in my eyes. Ronaldo moved from Juventus for a lot of money because he is a world star but was also a very valuable asset to Real Madrid, likewise Mahrez deal. Why is it only "big" teams that seem to get to value their own players? McGinn is arguably now our greatest asset in terms of playing staff and these offers are actually shameful from a Celtic perspective.

Armstrong wasn't even a guaranteed starter for them and they sold him for 7m, I'm sure they had a say in those matters and Southampton didn't just go 7m good for you? Hibs deserve their say, if isn't matched I'd tell them to get lost just out of morality, we need to stop being a feeder club to Celtic and Rangers, or at least get decent funds from them in order to eventually outgrow the feeder club status. Not so long ago the Scotland national squad was really an ex-Hibs team but always got called an "Old Firm based squad". Kenny Miller, Steven Whittaker, Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths, Steven Fletcher (not OF bound but still left), then you have Riordan, Stokes, Thomson, Allan and so on. We have directly or indirectly given so much talent to Celtic and Rangers and I think we need to get the correct amount for our players in order to grow out of this.

It possibly will never happen but Celtic and Rangers need to realise that a strong Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs is better for them. We'd get more in TV deals, we'd all enjoy better runs in Europe and attract better players from abroad etc.:top marks:agree:

Moulin Yarns
11-07-2018, 05:21 PM

2 timing bitch

flash
11-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Celtic need to pay a bit more for sure but there is a reason that nobody with monetary value stays at a club for the final year and leaves for nothing.
He is going.....we just need to get the deal that suits us best.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Lascelles 25 million bid being laughed at while we are negotiating offers less than 10% of that for our star international player, for me, tells you everything you need to know about the ridiculous over-inflation of footballers' value down South.Captain of a big English club who will probably replace Cahill in the England squad after this world cup with 5 years on his contract. 25 million would probably be a bargain. Newcastle aren't going to accept anything like that for him.

It really has nothing do with with McGinn either, totally different circumstances.

Caversham Green
11-07-2018, 05:36 PM

Reading (in the EPL at the time) made a better offer than Celtic for Brown, but he turned down the move because he said he'd probably be in a relegation battle with them. It made him very unpopular down here, but he was absolutely right because Reading were relegated that season - on goal difference, maybe Broonie would have made the difference. They won the Championship again a few seasons later and have lost two play-off finals since, but that would be the extent of his career if he had chosen Reading and stayed here.

I think Cardiff were near to signing him as well.

The Leith Dutch
11-07-2018, 05:40 PM

2 timing bitch

You two better hope that last test I had comes back clean.....

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 05:46 PM
If McGinn helps us to stay in Europe for a mini run and helps us to win a cup, letting him go for free rather than taking 1.75m will look like a great decision. 200k for every round we get through in Europe plus a decent cup run, we could easily get close to half of the fee they are offering, maybe more. Getting more exposure in European competition cannot be underestimated either, might get some ex-pats or just neutral football fans looking to find out more about Hibs and their amazing kits and their amazing player called McGinn...

Lets just sell because we've got an offer, money is automatically better than no money...that'd be a great fan ownership model, reminds me of Only Fools and Horses and Del Boy having a watch worth millions sitting in his garage, he was ecstatic when he thought it was thousands on offer, the watch was actually worth millions - Del Boy would have accepted thousands, he hadn't a clue and just saw ££££.
Europe prize money is even better than you say because it starts at 200K for getting into the first tie and so on so that if you get into the third tie you get 200K+ for each tie you get into obviously 700K+for winning two ties.

FifeHibs
11-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Europe prize money is even better than you say because it starts at 200K for getting into the first tie and so on so that if you get into the third tie you get 200K+ for each tie you get into obviously 700K+for winning two ties.

Don't think that is how the European money works. The increments are per round not £200k plus each round

Brooster
11-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Miles off the mark.

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Miles off the mark.
Think if you search for it you’ll find the UEFA release detailing the prize money on here and I’m afraid it’s you that is miles off the mark.

Gordy M
11-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Think if you search for it you’ll find the UEFA release detailing the prize money on here and I’m afraid it’s you that is miles off the mark.

I dont your figures are right.....its 200k for 1st round then 270k the 2nd round......so 70k extra. The amounts are how much they go up to.....not added on i think.

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 06:02 PM
I dont your figures are right.....its 200k for 1st round then 270k the 2nd round......so 70k extra. The amounts are how much they go up to.....not added on i think.
There was considerable debate about that.

badabing67
11-07-2018, 06:33 PM

This is a snippet from https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2562034.html Solidarity payments
Solidarity payments for the qualifying phase of the UEFA club competitions

Under the new distribution system, €107.5m will be distributed to the clubs as follows:

UEFA Europa League – champions and main paths
Each club participating in the qualifying rounds will receive the following amounts per round played:
• preliminary round – €220,000
• first qualifying round – €240,000
• second qualifying round – €260,000
• third qualifying round – €280,000
• play-offs – €300,000 (eliminated clubs only). No solidarity payment will be made to the winners of this round. However, they will retain the payments received for the preliminary, first, second and third qualifying rounds, as applicable.

Solidarity payments to clubs that do not qualify for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League

The solidarity payments to non-participating clubs via their national associations and/or leagues will represent 4% of the overall gross revenues of the two competitions.

A forecast total of €130m will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues for their clubs. Hope this helps

Tyler Durden
11-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Reading (in the EPL at the time) made a better offer than Celtic for Brown, but he turned down the move because he said he'd probably be in a relegation battle with them. It made him very unpopular down here, but he was absolutely right because Reading were relegated that season - on goal difference, maybe Broonie would have made the difference. They won the Championship again a few seasons later and have lost two play-off finals since, but that would be the extent of his career if he had chosen Reading and stayed here.

I think Cardiff were near to signing him as well.

True but then he could’ve played that one season for Reading and moved on. Didn’t Sidwell sign for Chelsea? Shane Long, Kevin Doyle all went onto better things.

Seems to be the problem for most good young Scottish players. Their best option is to sign for a Championship team or a relegation cert in the EPL to prove they can cope with the league. Andy Robertson and Calum Paterson being the most recent examples.

I’m surprised that a team like Derby or Middlesbrough aren’t willing to throw us £3m. You look at guys like Paterson and Jackson Irvine that were clearly no better than McGinn and they’ve been massive success in the Championship

Ryan69
11-07-2018, 06:39 PM

You,I,Your Dog,and even Leigh Griffiths...knows there IS a clause.

Please stop being pedantic...its pathetic.

HoboHarry
11-07-2018, 06:50 PM
You,I,Your Dog,and even Leigh Griffiths...knows there IS a clause.

Please stop being pedantic...its pathetic.

There may well be but neither you or anyone else knows what that figure is apart from those whose were involved. You are repeating a figure quoted on this forum as a fact when you have no idea. That's pathetic......

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 07:53 PM
This is a snippet from https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2562034.html Solidarity payments
Solidarity payments for the qualifying phase of the UEFA club competitions

Under the new distribution system, €107.5m will be distributed to the clubs as follows:

UEFA Europa League – champions and main paths
Each club participating in the qualifying rounds will receive the following amounts per round played:
• preliminary round – €220,000
• first qualifying round – €240,000
• second qualifying round – €260,000
• third qualifying round – €280,000
• play-offs – €300,000 (eliminated clubs only). No solidarity payment will be made to the winners of this round. However, they will retain the payments received for the preliminary, first, second and third qualifying rounds, as applicable.

Solidarity payments to clubs that do not qualify for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League

The solidarity payments to non-participating clubs via their national associations and/or leagues will represent 4% of the overall gross revenues of the two competitions.

A forecast total of €130m will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues for their clubs. Hope this helps

Thanks.So payment for each round the club plays in.

makaveli1875
11-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Thanks.So payment for each round the club plays in.

Thats not how it works . Its a solidarity payment i.e you get it when your knocked out . So if we win the 1st tie Runavik get the solidarity payment of £240000 . You get 1 solidarity payment when you go out so if we go out in round 3 our solidarity payment is £280000

H18 SFR
11-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Thats not how it works . Its a solidarity payment i.e you get it when your knocked out . So if we win the 1st tie Runavik get the solidarity payment of £240000 . You get 1 solidarity payment when you go out so if we go out in round 3 our solidarity payment is £280000

That's not right, it's cumulative, see the UEFA website.

makaveli1875
11-07-2018, 08:38 PM
That's not right, it's cumulative, see the UEFA website.

iv seen the website , it means the payment is per round played play 1 round you get £220'000 , play 2 rounds you get £240'000 . Play 3 rounds you get £260'000 .

edit

i may actually be slavering

play-offs – €300,000 (eliminated clubs only). No solidarity payment will be made to the winners of this round. However, they will retain the payments received for the preliminary, first, second and third qualifying rounds, as applicable.

looks like you do get a payment each round

Caversham Green
11-07-2018, 08:53 PM
True but then he could’ve played that one season for Reading and moved on. Didn’t Sidwell sign for Chelsea? Shane Long, Kevin Doyle all went onto better things.

Seems to be the problem for most good young Scottish players. Their best option is to sign for a Championship team or a relegation cert in the EPL to prove they can cope with the league. Andy Robertson and Calum Paterson being the most recent examples.

I’m surprised that a team like Derby or Middlesbrough aren’t willing to throw us £3m. You look at guys like Paterson and Jackson Irvine that were clearly no better than McGinn and they’ve been massive success in the Championship

Brown was intended to be Sidwell's replacement. Sidwell signed for Chelsea but didn't make much of an impact there and went on to sign for clubs that weren't much of a step up from the Reading that he left - Fulham and a declining
Villa. Likewise Doyle and Long (and Kitson) - they haven't really won much of note at their respective clubs - Scott Brown probably has more winner's medals than all of them put together.

As an aside I'd love to see McGinn at Reading but they seem to be more interested in experience like John O'F*****gShea.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2018, 09:25 PM
iv seen the website , it means the payment is per round played play 1 round you get £220'000 , play 2 rounds you get £240'000 . Play 3 rounds you get £260'000 .

edit

play-offs – €300,000 (eliminated clubs only). No solidarity payment will be made to the winners of this round. However, they will retain the payments received for the preliminary, first, second and third qualifying rounds, as applicable.

This has already been done to death. It’s cumulative, so we’d get

220k for a 1st round exit
460k for a 2nd round exit
720k for a 3rd round exit
1.2m for a Playoff exit

ancient hibee
11-07-2018, 10:00 PM

edit

It took a while but I knew you’d get there eventually :greengrin

Unseen work
12-07-2018, 05:16 AM
Next bid will be accepted imo and it will be about 1.75/2 million plus Allan.

Can’t see Allan being mentioned in any of the offers made to date.

We are in a poor position to negotiate, as it stands English teams are interested by none have actually put a bid in. With that Celtic can keep low knowing that when the English window closes we will be desperate for the cash or risk him signing a pre contract in January.

With any joy an English team will come in with a first bid of 3 million or so.

Ryan69
12-07-2018, 05:41 AM
There may well be but neither you or anyone else knows what that figure is apart from those whose were involved. You are repeating a figure quoted on this forum as a fact when you have no idea. That's pathetic......

St Mirren Chairman even quoted a percentage,Petrie said its lower....So a sell on DEFINATELY exists.

Phil MaGlass
12-07-2018, 05:51 AM
as an aside
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/11/fiat-workers-strike-italy-parent-company-splurged-100-million/

well done folks:agree:

Heisenberg
12-07-2018, 06:16 AM
https://bit.ly/2KZof0O

What a bunch of ****s. If you want the player pay what he’s worth. It’s not exactly going to break the bank ffs! If Celtc don’t want him now then fine, let Hibs get on with their season.

DetroitHibs
12-07-2018, 06:27 AM
Scottish international, player of the year nominee, Celtic can **** off with there paltry offers!

Ozyhibby
12-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Just have to be patient here and not lose our nerve. Higher offers will come for Mcginn. Club are doing the right thing here and thankfully have more bottle than some on here.

Ringothedog
12-07-2018, 06:41 AM
St Mirren Chairman even quoted a percentage,Petrie said its lower....So a sell on DEFINATELY exists.
We know that, but nobody except Hibs and St Mirren know the exact percentage. Petrie has confirmed that it is nowhere near 33%

Michael
12-07-2018, 07:28 AM
We know that, but nobody except Hibs and St Mirren know the exact percentage. Petrie has confirmed that it is nowhere near 33%

'Nowhere near' could mean anything. It might be more.

Jim44
12-07-2018, 08:23 AM
I presume that the two declined bids have been straightforward cash one’s with no references to players added on. I read somewhere that Celtic are now just going to wait and get McGinn on a pre-contract. Personally, I’m happy with that but if any further negotiating is to start, who instigates it?

lucky
12-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Armstrong was sold for £7m with 1 year left on his contract so how do Celtic only value SJM at £2m ?