PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon.

Brightside
02-07-2018, 04:44 PM
I'm hearing only 3000 tickets sold for Sunday. I know its holiday season etc but there is surely more than 3 or 4 thousand Hibs fans around for this game. The man deserves everyone thats available to ensure they get along and support him and his chosen charities.

HibbyAndy
02-07-2018, 04:45 PM
I've still to purchase 3

Hermit Crab
02-07-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm hearing only 3000 tickets sold for Sunday. I know its holiday season etc but there is surely more than 3 or 4 thousand Hibs fans around for this game. The man deserves everyone thats available to ensure they get along and support him and his chosen charities.

I got shot down for suggesting the attendance would be hit with the prices and holiday season.

DaveF
02-07-2018, 04:47 PM
I'll be going. Just not bothered with a ticket yet.

GlesgaeHibby
02-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Planning on going, haven't bought my ticket yet.

#persevered
02-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Yeah cup winner deserves a big crowd. Hopefully there will be plenty walkups

calumhibee1
02-07-2018, 04:49 PM
I’m going, haven’t bought yet.

BegbieHSC
02-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Still to purchase 5. Tbh, the marketing campaign for Lewis led by Kenny Millar was far more aggressive than Paul’s unfortunately, so expect that’s impacting it.

KWJ
02-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Disappointing but like others on this thread I expect to go and have yet to buy a ticket.

Brightside
02-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Good to hear guys... hopefully plenty people in the same boat.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2018, 04:52 PM

Think only around 5/6000 was sold in advance for LS testimonial, the rest were walk ups
As the others have said, shame it’s so near another paying in game, and falling on the busiest fortnight for local holidays

B.H.F.C
02-07-2018, 04:53 PM
I’ll more than likely go. But there are a lot of factors that will stop folk as well. Holidays being a big one. But £20, when we have a European tie a few days later will see some folk choose that over this.

Hope he gets s good turnout, unfortunately think it’ll be 6/7k.

02-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Will be a lot who just pay at the gate. Hopefully good weather will help get the numbers up.

huggie1875
02-07-2018, 04:55 PM
I’m going, haven’t bought yet.

me too

matty_f
02-07-2018, 04:56 PM
I'll be going. Just not bothered with a ticket yet.

Same here, I'll be picking up at least four tickets but possibly five.

Big_Franck
02-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Price of the ticket, together with the price of the Europa game a few days later, will have an impact on the attendance IMO. I'll be going but haven't bought a ticket yet.

Bob Box Fish
02-07-2018, 05:00 PM
I’m a bit miffed why we can’t attract a more attractive calibre of opposition for this type of game.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Hopefully everyone who is able to go gets along to this. Hanlon deserves a big turnout and a lot of the money is going to a good cause.

hibby6270
02-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Booked my ST seat last week. As long as they can make it, any testimonial game really should be a must for any fan. :agree::aok:

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Hibs said last week sales were like for like with Lewis’s for the same period before the game

Gibby the Hibby
02-07-2018, 05:16 PM
I’m a bit miffed why we can’t attract a more attractive calibre of opposition for this type of game.

I was under impression the player had some say in the opponents,

still to buy one too, he should get 6-7k, deserves more

Dashing Bob S
02-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Not sure I'll be going. I said I'd take Gail to the pictures.

green with envy
02-07-2018, 05:21 PM
I know four of us that are ST holders are just going to purchase on Sunday.

3pm
02-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Cracking weather on Sunday, that usually brings a few out!

Pedantic_Hibee
02-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Not sure I'll be going. I said I'd take Gail to the pictures.

😂😂😂😂

O'Rourke3
02-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Just bought my tickets. 2 more :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Hopefully everyone who is able to go gets along to this. Hanlon deserves a big turnout and a lot of the money is going to a good cause.

And for those like me that can’t Suzy has kindly offered to take donations for subsequent distribution via a charity but will be closing shortly so get in if that’s an alternative way to support Paul and a good cause.

brog
03-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Suzy, can I just donate to this in usual fashion? Maybe split my donation 50/50 for this & my usual season ticket donation?
Bump!

FranckSuzy
03-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Suzy, can I just donate to this in usual fashion? Maybe split my donation 50/50 for this & my usual season ticket donation?
Bump!

Sorry B, pesky work got in the way :greengrin. :agree: and PM sent :aok: Thank you!

matty_f
03-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Got 5 tickets for this today, really hope Paul gets a good crowd, he deserves it.

cleanyman
03-07-2018, 10:43 PM
I'll no be going.

jacomo
03-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Got 5 tickets for this today, really hope Paul gets a good crowd, he deserves it.

:agree:

He’s one of our own and a great player.

He’s loyal to the club and scored one of our most memorable goals in recent times

DTS
03-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Simply can’t afford £20 for this plus £23 for the faroes game. Which is annoying as I would’ve loved to have made it. Testimonial or not £20 is a bit steep as is the price for the euro game but hey that’s been debated enough, surprised to hear in work the other day Rangers only charging £15 for their euro games

Viva_Palmeiras
03-07-2018, 11:09 PM
Just another quick thanks to Suzy for being there to take donations from folks like me that can’t make it and get tickets distributed via charity. Hibs class.

FranckSuzy
03-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Just another quick thanks to Suzy for being there to take donations from folks like me that can’t make it and get tickets distributed via charity. Hibs class.

It's a pleasure VP and thanks to you plus everyone else who has donated :aok:

California-Hibs
04-07-2018, 02:30 AM
Its always funny to me when people complain about prices, ie £20. The amount of other rubbish a 20 is easily spent on by folk but they don't acknowledge it is amusing. Coupled against spending it on the team we love. Its especially funny the folk that will quickly drink that 20 away in the pub, but then complain about football prices...

Here in the states ticket prices are much much higher, and even for shockingly low standard - USL which is below the MLS, tickets from $35 - $150, prices changing simply row by row, its crazy. Folk pay it though and attendances are high.

I'm not saying we should be accepting of certain match prices, but a bit of perspective needs to surely come into it...its 20 blood quid for a player who's given immense service!

Hermit Crab
04-07-2018, 02:59 AM
Its always funny to me when people complain about prices, ie £20. The amount of other rubbish a 20 is easily spent on by folk but they don't acknowledge it is amusing. Coupled against spending it on the team we love. Its especially funny the folk that will quickly drink that 20 away in the pub, but then complain about football prices...

Here in the states ticket prices are much much higher, and even for shockingly low standard - USL which is below the MLS, tickets from $35 - $150, prices changing simply row by row, its crazy. Folk pay it though and attendances are high.

I'm not saying we should be accepting of certain match prices, but a bit of perspective needs to surely come into it...its 20 blood quid for a player who's given immense service!

Take the kids out or spend the £20 on what is essentially a kick about? Not everyone has readily available disposable income and a lot of people will have to choose between this match and the European game. I'd choose the competitive match ever time. Comparing US prices is unfair imo. two completely different countries with different tax rates and bills etc, for example petrol is the US is dirt cheap but over its 126.9 a litre. This is not a dig at you or PH.

SideBurns
04-07-2018, 06:06 AM
Take the kids out or spend the £20 on what is essentially a kick about? Not everyone has readily available disposable income and a lot of people will have to choose between this match and the European game. I'd choose the competitive match ever time. Comparing US prices is unfair imo. two completely different countries with different tax rates and bills etc, for example petrol is the US is dirt cheap but over its 126.9 a litre. This is not a dig at you or PH.

Correct. And let's say you have 2 kids who would usually go to the match with you (not an unusual situation) - then it becomes £40 for the testimonial and £47 for the Euro game. £87 before you've fed & watered the 3 of you, or bought a programme. You'd have no change out of £100 for 2 home games within a 5 day period, during the school hols when financial pressure increases anyway.

This is going to have some impact on PH's attendance, and I'm sorry about that. I think Hibs should have taken the fact both matches are in such close proximity into account when setting prices for Runavik. I'll be going to both so not trying to provide justification for my own non attendance, but fans trying to make other fans feel guilty about making a decision based on their financial circumstances is completely unfair. For some people it'll be "just £20" but for many that it is a gross oversimplification.

Brightside
04-07-2018, 07:20 AM
No one is trying to make anyone feel guilty. Just drumming up interest in the game. If people are available and can afford it then they should do everything they can to attend this game. People calling a testimonial for one of our greatest ever defenders just a run about are miles off it.

SON OF PADDY
04-07-2018, 07:50 AM
No one is trying to make anyone feel guilty. Just drumming up interest in the game. If people are available and can afford it then they should do everything they can to attend this game. People calling a testimonial for one of our greatest ever defenders just a run about are miles off it.

Well said fella ! 👏👏👏 GGTTH

Billy Whizz
04-07-2018, 07:51 AM

I’m in hospitality for the game

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2018, 07:57 AM
I’ve got my ticket. Looking forward to it. Paul Hanlon has been a great servant to the club and deserves a good turn out.

SideBurns
04-07-2018, 07:59 AM

To be honest, I think every Hibby in the world is aware of the testimonial match. Your own words "can afford it" are the important ones here. Paul deserves ER to be packed to the rafters - as did Lewis last season - of that there is no question. But the poster Hermit replied to, which prompted my own post, seemed to simplify attendance to a matter of finding £20 and buying a ticket. I was supporting the view that it is nowhere near as straightforward as that for many people, and that is one reason the crowd looks like being a poor one (another obvious reason being that others will be away at this time of year, as you alluded to in your op).

WhileTheChief..
04-07-2018, 08:04 AM

Take it you’ve donated to Suzie’s thing then if £20 is nowt ;)