PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DYLAN MCGEOUCH DEPARTS FOR SUNDERLAND

RSS Bot
02-07-2018, 03:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8917)

Greencore
02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Mind when Aberdeen fans thought they were signing him.

Baw187
02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Looking at the man right now in Newcastle airport! Shame he’s gone but wish him well.

Hibbyradge
02-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Mind when Hibs fans thought the same? :greengrin

Greencore
02-07-2018, 04:04 PM

touché😂

Bob Box Fish
02-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Wish him all the best but it’s on par with Stubbs going to Rotherham for me.

WhileTheChief..
02-07-2018, 04:07 PM

Mind when Hearts fans thought they were signing him😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Humo
02-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Money talks. Wish him luck but can't see this move working out well for him playing wise. He'll get kicked to bits by the bruisers of the league but at least he'll get big pay cheque.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
02-07-2018, 04:08 PM

:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
02-07-2018, 04:10 PM
All the best Dylan. I am genuinely gutted at this news and you will be a hard act to follow. Thanks for the greatest day of my life.

Hope to see you back at ER soon.

B.H.F.C
Still think he could have done better than that. Time will tell I suppose.

Hi Heid Yin
I knew it was coming but I'm still gutted to see Dylan go.
He is a massive loss.
It will take one hell of a player to fill his boots and to match his performances of last season.

WoreTheGreen
02-07-2018, 04:11 PM
All the best Dylan. I am genuinely gutted at this news and you will be a hard act to follow. Thanks for the greatest day of my life.

Hope to see you back at ER soon.

Yes me too and thank you

SirDavidsNapper
02-07-2018, 04:11 PM

Mind when Hearts fans thought they were

we are hibs
02-07-2018, 04:12 PM
All the very best to a hibs legend. A fine servant to the club and hopefully he shows everyone what he's capable of down there.

SirDavidsNapper
02-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Bugger beat me to it

J-C
02-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Good luck to him but still think it's the wrong move for him

Baw187
02-07-2018, 04:14 PM
Just spoke to him briefly. Said he’s glad to have got things sorted as the uncertainty was hard but he’s sad to be leaving.

My kids were laying it on thick about him leaving! [emoji23]

Nice chap.

Real Emerald
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM
It’s a shame, for me any players with ability leaving Scottish clubs outwith Celtic are a big loss. The English leagues are awash with cash but somehow still manage to take talent from North of the border paying nothing. It’s about the only way Scottish clubs can get money in these days to allow the development of talent. Makes me sick. However, all the best Dylan and thanks for your years at Hibs.

cleanyman
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Good luck.

I personally don't think its a great move but perhaps he didn't have the offers he was hoping for.

Captain Trips
02-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Bugger

SirDavidsNapper
02-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Sad seeing a player of Dylans ability going to Englands league one. He should stroll it though. Money talks.

SRHibs
02-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Scottish Cup winning legend. Good luck Dylan, although I do think he’ll be back in Scotland within a year.

GreenCastle
02-07-2018, 04:30 PM
All the best to a legend.

He loved Hibs and we loved him.

We will miss him but he needs to look after himself financially.

For the first time in a while he is injury free so take the deal and the money while your body can.

I wonder if Jack Ross did play a factor and who else was in for him.

Sunderland have been horrendous though so surely they may win the league this year ?

I think seeing him play in Mexico put a few off as he was completely dominated and still a bit to go to be an EPL level player.

JimboHibs
02-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Good luck.

I personally don't think its a great move but perhaps he didn't have the offers he was hoping for.

Great move,life changing contract if he's as good as the praise we heap on him he'll stroll it.

scoopyboy
02-07-2018, 04:36 PM
All the best Dylan, you helped give me something I never thought I would see.

Legend.

cleanyman
Great move,life changing contract if he's as good as the praise we heap on him he'll stroll it.

Hardly life changing.

If they get promoted, yes.

Basket case of a club and a move to a terrible league.

Tug Wilson
Hopefully we can now move on getting Mallan tied up and other deals through.

Brightside
02-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Gutted - even up to the final few days i hoped he'd change his mind. A fantastic footballer and a huge lose for us.

yonder1875
02-07-2018, 04:41 PM
All the best to him. He's been a quality player for us and it was always going to be difficult for the club to financially be able to hold on to a player like that.

Bit of a toxic club he's going to but if they win the league or get promoted, we can't really hold his decision against him.

weecounty hibby
02-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Good luck Dylan, thanks for all the effort and enjoyable football. Thanks especially for being part of a legendary day in May 2016. Welcome back at ER anytime as a fan or a player

Big_Franck
02-07-2018, 04:56 PM
All the best to him. Going to be very important to our success next season to replace him with quality, and soon.

WhileTheChief..
02-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Bugger beat me to it

Great minds think alike or fools seldom differ? You decide!

Sheep_Nae_Mair
02-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Good luck, Dylaniesta.

JimBHibees
02-07-2018, 05:03 PM
All the best Dylan, you helped give me something I never thought I would see.

Legend.

Nail on the head. A wonderful player for Hibs. Thanks Dylan for your wonderful performances. Hope you do well down south.

stoneyburn hibs
02-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Best of luck to him. Sadly another legend departed.

calumhibee1
02-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Good luck to him. Outstanding football player and a legend at ER as part of the cup winning squad. Crap move for him though so he’s going to need all the luck that everyone is wishing him.

Onion
02-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Best of luck to Dylan but expect him to be back in Scotland before too long. Strange move.

Pretty Boy
02-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Glad it's resolved as it's dragged on too long. Hopefully we can now move for Mallan, Allan or both.

Seveno
02-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Sad to see him go, from our point of views. Sad that this was the best offer he received, from his point of view.

Zazu62
02-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Glad it's resolved as it's dragged on too long. Hopefully we can now move for Mallan, Allan or both.

We need both

MagicSwirlingShip
02-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Will go down as one of my favourite ever Hibs midfielders.

Players come, Players Go, the Hibs go marching on!

Best of luck Dylan

Zazu62
02-07-2018, 05:29 PM
League 1 in England? Meh. All the best tho

Dr What If?
02-07-2018, 05:33 PM
I'm in agreement with a few on here at being surprised at the choice of club. Dylan has only just broken into the Scotland set-up and I can't help but think that a backward step into a third tier club will halt any future caps, at least in the short term. Still, wish him naught but success - Sunderland have landed a real player here.

hfc rd
02-07-2018, 05:47 PM
All the very best to our legend. On his day barring any injuries, he was a joy to watch and someone that will never be forgotten. Hope he has a successful career down there.

SquashedFrogg
02-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Wish him all the best but it’s on par with Stubbs going to Rotherham for me.

Lol

SquashedFrogg
02-07-2018, 05:48 PM
All the very best to our legend. On his day barring any injuries, he was a joy to watch and someone that will never be forgotten. Hope he has a successful career down there.

I'll second this. Terrific football player. Wish him every success.

The Spaceman
02-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Good luck Dylan McGeouch, the Scottish Cup winning legend! :not worth

Can't begrudge him this move. Sunderland are a big club and he will be getting a good pay packet to be there. He owes us nothing and goes with my best wishes.

Cardinal G
02-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Best of luck to Dylan but expect him to be back in Scotland before too long. Strange move.

As everyone else says thanks for contributing to the greatest day of our lives.
Have to say I think perhaps he didn't get the offers he felt he may have and this was his best offer. Wage rumoured to be 6.5k a week and I think it changes if they go up. Personally I think he will surprise a few on he in how he adapts.
Filling his shoes now though is a big task for Neil.

Vault Boy
02-07-2018, 06:00 PM
It's been nothing but a joy watching Dylan in a Hibs shirt. I wish him the very best for his future career and hope to see him back at Easter Road soon.

Thanks for everything, legend.

calumhibee1
02-07-2018, 06:06 PM
As everyone else says thanks for contributing to the greatest day of our lives.
Have to say I think perhaps he didn't get the offers he felt he may have and this was his best offer. Wage rumoured to be 6.5k a week and I think it changes if they go up. Personally I think he will surprise a few on he in how he adapts.
Filling his shoes now though is a big task for Neil.

It’s not how he adapts that people including myself are sceptical about. Dylan is way too good for League One in England. However Sunderland are a basket case of a club and I’d be surprised to see them even make the playoffs to be honest.

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2018, 06:11 PM
I'm gutted, he's been a joy to watch over the years, and he's turned into a fine footballer who we will obviously miss.

Good luck to him, and if it does not work out for any reason, i'd hope we'd be first in line to bring him home. :hibees

iwasthere1972
02-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Just repeating what other folk are saying. Sunderland? Could have done so much better but sometimes you go where the money is.

All the best Dylan and thanks for that special day at Hampden in 2016. :aok:

jaf
02-07-2018, 06:21 PM
Boys a player, all the best to him.

I can't remember how many times I told fans from other clubs that it was McGeouch and not necessarily McGinn that was the standout player in hibs midfield. And that by no means down plays McGinns efforts and contribution. It could be a long time until we have two absolute standouts in the same team again.

Gibby the Hibby
02-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Just repeating what other folk are saying. Sunderland? Could have done so much better but sometimes you go where the money is.

All the best Dylan and thanks for that special day at Hampden in 2016. :aok:

I think , he didnt get the offers he may have hoped for sure, but at sunderland he will be a starter, Im sure smaller clubs in the championship have offered him a deal, but no assurance of being in the first team each week, he possibly thinks, despite league one being physical, if he performs the way we know he can, and they get promoted, he will have made the best move by far, It also saves him going to a championship club having to prove hinself in the league cup and coming off the bench etc,if not a starter each week.

with suinderlands resources, , they "should" get back up ,even though they seem useless behind the scenes

JohnMcM
02-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Thank you Dylan for the happy memories you helped to create.

I wish you well and hope as you leave you will take pleasure in how our club helped, with their patience, to reignite your chosen career and supported you through your injuries.

You did for us what was expected, you were paid for it, you have chosen to leave.

Good luck, I will miss watching you play and look forward to supporting who-ever replaces you.

:flag:

Eyrie
02-07-2018, 07:39 PM
One of our top players, so I'm disappointed that he's left although I was expecting it.

I'll wish him well at Sunderland.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Wish him well, but it's a sad day when the third tier of English football is the level for a current Scottish international.

Borderhibbie76
02-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Big mistake for him.imo but maybe we can get on with the task of replacing him now. Good luck Dylan...I think u might need it tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
02-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Boys a player, all the best to him.

I can't remember how many times I told fans from other clubs that it was McGeouch and not necessarily McGinn that was the standout player in hibs midfield. And that by no means down plays McGinns efforts and contribution. It could be a long time until we have two absolute standouts in the same team again.

Well said. Despite all the predictible negativity on here we just cherish and appreciate good footballers.

Keith_M
02-07-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't get the disbelief about him moving to Sunderland. They'll have offered him a lot of money and, to a footballer, that's surely all that matters.

Broken Gnome
02-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Great footballer whose true finest moment was nailing Tavernier in 90+3.

Hi Heid Yin
02-07-2018, 08:10 PM
I don't get the disbelief about him moving to Sunderland. They'll have offered him a lot of money and, to a footballer, that's surely all that matters.

Not 100% true in every case but definitely for the majority.
The footballer is human and no different to the rest of us when it comes to making as much money as possible.

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Good move for him probably at least doubled his money and can look forward to helping them to promotion

Onceinawhile
02-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Wish him the best of luck. He's been our best player when fit for a couple of seasons now and allowed John mcginn and later Scott Allan to go and play.

Absolute legend 👌

Bob Box Fish
02-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Might have missed it but how long a contract has he signed with sunderland?

Nameless
02-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Glad he never went to the Huns.
Good luck Dylan - in League One you'll need it.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

jacomo
02-07-2018, 09:21 PM
I knew it was coming but I'm still gutted to see Dylan go.
He is a massive loss.
It will take one hell of a player to fill his boots and to match his performances of last season.

:agree:

All the best Dylan. A great player - were it not for those injuries you could have done even more for us.

I loved his calmness on the ball and his natural authority. Hibs are at our best with a deep lying playmaker like him - a difficult player to replace.

jacomo
02-07-2018, 09:26 PM

I think his mixed feelings about going are genuine.

We gave him the best days of his career on a football pitch. He might go on to achieve much more but I don’t think he’ll forget.

The Harp
02-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Like many more Hibs fans, I'm disappointed to see Dylan leave Easter Road. Kept hoping he would stay put but it was looking less and less likely as time moved on.
Thanks for the memories Dylan, particularly that wonderful day in May 2016. Wish you every success for your future career.

02-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Good luck Dylan, thanks for the memories. If it doesn't work out you know ER is the place to be to get in Scotland squad.

Hibernia&Alba
02-07-2018, 09:48 PM
It's a big blow for us, which may soon be compounded by McGinn going to Celtc. Sunderland are a big club, but he's going to the third tier of English football, which is a sad reflection upon the state of Scottish football. Best wishes to him anyway; we'll miss him.

seanshow
02-07-2018, 10:01 PM
A great footballer and when injury free was only getting better and better, Good luck Dylan :aok:

Carheenlea
02-07-2018, 10:04 PM
It's a big blow for us, which may soon be compounded by McGinn going to Celtc. Sunderland are a big club, but he's going to the third tier of English football, which is a sad reflection upon the state of Scottish football. Best wishes to him anyway; we'll miss him.

Not so much a sad reflection on the state of Scottish Football but more a consequence of the obscene amounts of money swilling about the game South of the border.

Hibernia&Alba
02-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Not so much a sad reflection on the state of Scottish Football but more a consequence of the obscene amounts of money swilling about the game South of the border.

True.

fulshie
02-07-2018, 10:21 PM
Deep down we new it was coming. Personally for me am gutted but good luck to you Dylan.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-07-2018, 10:35 PM
I heard its a one year contract with the option of another year if sunderland want to keep him

jacomo
02-07-2018, 10:46 PM

Agreed.

Good news is that Scottish football is getting its act together. Just need to bring in better tv deals.

SJNB Hibby
02-07-2018, 11:14 PM
It’s not how he adapts that people including myself are sceptical about. Dylan is way too good for League One in England. However Sunderland are a basket case of a club and I’d be surprised to see them even make the playoffs to be honest.
It's a gamble on his part
If Sunderland get their act together, and they re a big club, he could be playing in the premier league in a couple of years
And if he is an integral part of them getting there, he'll be made for lufe

sadtom
03-07-2018, 12:31 AM
I had come to terms with the fact that he was leaving before the end of last season.
When it then became known that it wasn't certain he was going, that there was a chance we might see him again i had been keeping everything crossed. So a bit gutted at the news.
It's the hope that kills you.
At least we know now.
Thanks for the memories Dylan. Like others, i'm not sure its the best of moves for him football wise.
It's a sh*t state of affairs that we can be financially dominated by the 3rd tier of English fitba. All thanks to a 'orrible c*** wi a Scottish name...Murdoch.
F*** Sky.

bodhibs
03-07-2018, 12:37 AM
Thank you and good luck Dylan, a class act, fantastic player

jax67
03-07-2018, 04:59 AM
Best of luck Dylan, hope it works out for you.
Huge gap to fill. GGTTH!

BILLYHIBS
03-07-2018, 05:06 AM
Good luck Dylan and thanks for the memories.

I do however feel and this is not sour grapes but in the English third tier you will get kicked all over the park and you will spend more time on the treatment table than you will on the pitch.

I do not think Sunderland is the place for you but it is a short career and you gotta try it and most importantly you need to maximise your earning potential while you can and with that move it will probably be to the detriment of your international career.

Dont be a stranger!

RoYO!
03-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Good luck Dylan! Wonderful footballer and a joy to watch.

Paloschi
03-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Good luck Dylan. Hibs legend and a joy to watch.

Phil MaGlass
03-07-2018, 11:30 AM
I had come to terms with the fact that he was leaving before the end of last season.
When it then became known that it wasn't certain he was going, that there was a chance we might see him again i had been keeping everything crossed. So a bit gutted at the news.
It's the hope that kills you.
At least we know now.
Thanks for the memories Dylan. Like others, i'm not sure its the best of moves for him football wise.
It's a sh*t state of affairs that we can be financially dominated by the 3rd tier of English fitba. All thanks to a 'orrible c*** wi a Scottish name...Murdoch.
F*** Sky.

Wasnae Murdochs fault,I think the SPL at the time screwed themselves and went to Setanta, when that deal collapsed they went back to SKY who basically then scewed the SPL over.

Speedy
03-07-2018, 11:42 AM
It's a gamble on his part
If Sunderland get their act together, and they re a big club, he could be playing in the premier league in a couple of years
And if he is an integral part of them getting there, he'll be made for lufe

This is it.

Similar to players choosing us over the likes of Hamilton when we were relegated.

Hope he does well and proves his potential.

sadtom
03-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Wasnae Murdochs fault,I think the SPL at the time screwed themselves and went to Setanta, when that deal collapsed they went back to SKY who basically then scewed the SPL over.

Granted the SPL made a backside of the negotiation and made a poor decision.
It still doesn't detract from the fact that we were then, and even more so now, getting a garbage deal from empire M*rdoch which left us unable to financially compete with a bunch of backwater nobodies fae nowhere.
I repeat...F*** Sky.

03-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Best of luck Dylan. You will be fondly remembered but missed at Easter Road.

DR1875
04-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Just another football mercenary like The rest of them. Does everyone have a short memory when he was refusing to come to Hibs on loan but Celtic forced the matter.

Johnny_Leith
04-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Just another football mercenary like The rest of them. Does everyone have a short memory when he was refusing to come to Hibs on loan but Celtic forced the matter.

Shocking news today where a man moved jobs for more money. The man, working in the football industry, is said to have at least doubled his wages and will work for a larger company.

jacomo
04-07-2018, 02:40 PM

You’ll be going to Paul Hanlon’s testimonial aye?

Seeing as you are so concerned about loyalty.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2018, 10:06 PM

I have great memories of him bossing the midfield and turning in performance after performance as a stand out. I don't care how he arrived, just how he performed once he got here.

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2018, 11:26 PM
All the very best to you Dylan … one day you will come back and do the half time draw and I will cheer you for the legend you are. But for the present you are yesterday's news …. time to find the next hero :aok:

Squealing pig
05-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Dylan is a legend.. be looking out for black cats scores now of he adds goals to his game he will earn a bigger move .

Onion
06-07-2018, 03:01 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/chris-sutton-dylan-mcgeouch-joining-sunderland-is-backwards-move-1-4765243

Billy Whizz
06-07-2018, 03:03 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/chris-sutton-dylan-mcgeouch-joining-sunderland-is-backwards-move-1-4765243

Sutton is 100% right

SirDavidsNapper
06-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Sutton is 100% right

It is a step down initially however Sunderland are a big club. If they get promoted it could be a huge move for him.

Dalianwanda
06-07-2018, 03:10 PM
https://youtu.be/xqQS5lKusn0