PDA

View Full Version : Rose v Hibs

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Already looking forward to our 1st pre season friendly tomorrow. Weather looking great, so hopefully shorts and T shirts

I’m presuming Neil will want to give most of our 1st team players, at least 45 mins tomorrow, with perhaps Laidlaw getting 90
Not sure if Boyle is fit yet either

Bob Box Fish
29-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Looking forward to this one also.

CapitalGreen
29-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Hopefully we put quite a few goals passed these Linlithgow jokers in preparation for our upcoming rout of the Faroes mob.

Hibbyradge
29-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Linlithgow jokers

:hilarious

Linlithgow shortens to Lith which is short for Lithuania.

Getintaethem!

Hibeewilly
29-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Does anybody know what the parking is like around the ground??

Sergey
29-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Does anybody know what the parking is like around the ground??

Plenty - if you drive along Linlithgow High Street (from Edinburgh direction) the ground is off to your left at the junction where you turn right to go to Bo'ness. If you turn left, drive past the ground and there's residential parking to your left. Alternatively, turn right at the crossroads and take the Bo'ness road. There's ample street parking there and the ground is a 2 minute walk.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Just checking it’s a 3.30pm KO
Linlithgow Rose website still saying it’s 3pm?

HibbyAndy
29-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Just checking it’s a 3.30pm KO
Linlithgow Rose website still saying it’s 3pm?

Tickets say 3.30

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Tickets say 3.30

Cheers Andy, maybe I should have looked at mine 1st, ha ha

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Wonder if any of our alleged trialists will feature

brianmc
29-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Wonder if any of our alleged trialists will feature

Which alleged trialists are you referring to?

Fuzzywuzzy
29-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Hibs match - gates will open at 2:30pm. Once you're in, you're in. Anyone leaving the ground before the end of the game will do so on the understanding that they will not be re-admitted. The grass banking behind the goal at the west end of the ground is available for supporters to use (it's going to be lovely!) but please take care and respect your fellow supporters - we've not all got mountain goat balance!

Hibs match - car parking
The football club car park is for the use of players, officials. accredited media and disabled drivers only. There will be no roadside parking allowed in the immediate vicinity of the ground.
Supporters coming by car may use the car park at Linlithgow Academy at the west end of the ground. There is car parking available within 10 - 15 minutes walk of the ground but please be aware that there is a jousting event taking place at Linlithgow Palace and the town will be busy. Give yourself plenty time or preferably use public transport.

From rose FB page

Hibeewilly
29-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Plenty - if you drive along Linlithgow High Street (from Edinburgh direction) the ground is off to your left at the junction where you turn right to go to Bo'ness. If you turn left, drive past the ground and there's residential parking to your left. Alternatively, turn right at the crossroads and take the Bo'ness road. There's ample street parking there and the ground is a 2 minute walk.
Thanks Sergey...…...its years since I went to Prestonfield

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Which alleged trialists are you referring to?

Think someone on here mentioned we had 1/2 in this week!

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 06:04 PM
This is their biggest friendly game in years, around 2000 expected tomorrow. Somewhere different and another ground ticket off the list for me.

The pies better be good!!! :greengrin

sauzee=legend
29-06-2018, 06:24 PM
This is their biggest friendly game in years, around 2000 expected tomorrow. Somewhere different and another ground ticket off the list for me.

The pies are mince.....

Hibeewilly
29-06-2018, 06:25 PM

The pies cant be any worse than Easter Road......they are normally good at junior grounds as they tend to use the local butcher

Ozymandias
29-06-2018, 06:36 PM
The pies cant be any worse than Easter Road......they are normally good at junior grounds as they tend to use the local butcher

Pies are fantastic at the Rose. Get yourself a haggis and steak if you can.. or two.

tamig
29-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Think someone on here mentioned we had 1/2 in this week!

It’s just alleged though.

Hibeewilly
29-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Pies are fantastic at the Rose. Get yourself a haggis and steak if you can.. or two.
Cheers mate....will do:agree:

Onceinawhile
29-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Can't wait.

Hibs v the rose is a proper Bucket list match 👍

Onceinawhile
29-06-2018, 07:33 PM

There's the school car park just past the ground as well.

Famous Fiver
29-06-2018, 07:38 PM
A Linlithgow player on STV news telling the world that he is a Rangers supporter and is looking forward to taking on Hibs tomorrow.

Hope the ref is on his toes, no VAR, and junior footballers are well known for their fondness for a tackle.

tamig
29-06-2018, 07:41 PM
A Linlithgow player on STV news telling the world that he is a Rangers supporter and is looking forward to taking on Hibs tomorrow.

Hope the ref is on his toes, no VAR, and junior footballers are well known for their fondness for a tackle.

A hun in a maroon strip? There’s a good target right away.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 07:54 PM

That will do me. :agree:

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 07:54 PM

They are horrendous.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Friendlies aren't usually too violent.

Famous Fiver
29-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Hibs may be playing a friendly, Linlithgow certainly won't.

They have just joined the pyramid and will be extra keen to take their first senior scalp.

Thud and blunder won't even come close.

We could easily lose a player or two before our European venture has even started.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 08:28 PM
Hibs may be playing a friendly, Linlithgow certainly won't.

They have just joined the pyramid and will be extra keen to take their first senior scalp.

Thud and blunder won't even come close.

We could easily lose a player or two before our European venture has even started.

On the same note so could they though. I cant see it being particularly nasty.

linlithgowhibbie
29-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Friendlies aren't usually too violent.

Research Jo Tortolanos tackle on Gordon Strachan at Easter Rd!

Wont be dirty, the Rose players wont get near the Hibs:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 08:54 PM
I think it’s fantastic that Hibs visit towns like Linlithgow. Apart from the fact that it’s a great place for our fans to go too, it puts some revenue into local towns, and spreads the word of Hibs

We pretty much annually go to the likes of Berwick, and a few East Lothian/Borders towns, anywhere else we’re missing going too?

Scorrie
29-06-2018, 08:54 PM
For those of us who can’t make it, Lithgae Rose usually show pretty good highlights of their matches. Don’t know if they will do it tomorrow but may be worth checking out YouTube late Saturday or Sunday unless Hibs TV are doing highlights?

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 09:02 PM
I think it’s fantastic that Hibs visit towns like Linlithgow. Apart from the fact that it’s a great place for our fans to go too, it puts some revenue into local towns, and spreads the word of Hibs

We pretty much annually go to the likes of Berwick, and a few East Lothian/Borders towns, anywhere else we’re missing going too?

Dunfermline.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Dunfermline.

To be fair we visit EEP most pre seasons. I meant any towns we haven’t and should be playing games, to widen our support base

overdrive
29-06-2018, 09:28 PM

Technically not juniors any more. Looking forward to this. My apprentice at work (a Smeltic fan) is from Linlithgow (as actually is my boss) and he is in the home end tomorrow so looking forward to the banter on Monday.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 09:44 PM
To be fair we visit EEP most pre seasons. I meant any towns we haven’t and should be playing games, to widen our support base

Then we should be playing at the likes of Bonnyrigg and Whitehill then?

Frogga
29-06-2018, 10:25 PM
Park at the Academy. There's lots of spaces when you factor in the bus parking area as well.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
29-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Tweet from Linlithgow regarding tickets for tomorrow.

HIBS TICKETS UPDATE!!We have received a small number of tickets back from Hibs - around 100. They'll go on sale tomorrow (Saturday) from just after 12. When they're gone, they're gone!

wookie70
29-06-2018, 11:09 PM

Totally agree with this and particularly when we are flying high and kids are making decisions about who to support. With the numbers we take it will also give a good financial injection to clubs that need it and you never know we might get a tip off about a youngster too.

Forza Fred
30-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Sydney😉

dp00
30-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Boyle wearing number 10 all but confirms Dylan is away I’m guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 02:43 AM
Boyle wearing number 10 all but confirms Dylan is away I’m guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a friendly, numbers mean nothing.

DaveF
01-07-2018, 07:02 AM
It was a friendly, numbers mean nothing.

Everyone else was wearing their squad number so safe to assume Boyle has grabbed 10.

Brightside
01-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Everyone else was wearing their squad number so safe to assume Boyle has grabbed 10.

Squad numbers haven’t been confirmed yet.

sauzee=legend
01-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Haven’t been confirmed but gives you strong hint at their squad numbers
😉