Been named new Wolves 1st team coach.

Thank you for the memories laptop man and best of luck in the EPL 👍🏾

WoreTheGreen
28-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Has his mum packed his spiderman suitcase for him

Bostonhibby
28-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure wolves use goalposts.

Nae luck father dougal. Mind you he might get away with it for a bit if he keeps speaking that strange other worldly language he used at tynecastle.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
28-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Hilariously bad Hearts manager but still probably still a very good coach.

I can't find it anywhere within myself to wish him anything other than success, I'd like him to prove a few people wrong.

Brightside
28-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Still a good coach... should get on better at a team that will have players that can pass a ball.

hibbydog
28-06-2018, 04:36 PM
A havering slavering buffoon who couldn’t stop talking and just kept on digging.

Actually felt quite sorry for him.

Would be great if he had roaring success after his hearts debacle 😎

Speedway
28-06-2018, 04:42 PM
To be fair, the schematics at Molyneux are amazing.

weecounty hibby
28-06-2018, 04:45 PM
He was/is a slaver of he highest order. But I kinda miss him.

WoreTheGreen
28-06-2018, 05:03 PM
I miss his brothers hand me doon coat

CRAZYHIBBY
28-06-2018, 05:10 PM
His best quote for me was after drawing with i think it was raith rovers or ross county in the cup he said we will just have to go out and beat them again

Ozyhibby
28-06-2018, 05:24 PM
I love him to be a runaway success at Wolves. Make Levein look bad. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
28-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Weird move by Wolves!!

Stevie Reid
28-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Weird move by Wolves!!

Think he has previous with their manager.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Weird move by Wolves!!

It’s the Portuguese link. Cathro was successful in Portugal as a coach, and think most of Wolves coaching staff are Portuguese too

jacomo
28-06-2018, 05:42 PM

I can't find it anywhere within myself to wish him anything other than success, I'd like him to prove a few people wrong.

Who? And why?

3pm
28-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Good luck to him now he’s away from the filth.

HFCdeb
28-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. Miss him so much. Best interviews ever.

tamig
28-06-2018, 05:58 PM

That’s my take on it. I really hope he does well and sticks it up Levein. The guy’s not cut out to be a front man but he’s likely to make a huge contribution on the training pitch. I wish him all the best.

Northernhibee
28-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Weird move by Wolves!!

It’s OK.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-06-2018, 06:29 PM
His best quote for me was after drawing with i think it was raith rovers or ross county in the cup he said we will just have to go out and beat them again

I can’t remember the exact quote but mine was along the lines of “Our defending was unacceptable, our passing was unacceptable and our final ball was unacceptable, but we accept that and we move on to the next game.”

jacomo
28-06-2018, 06:29 PM
That’s my take on it. I really hope he does well and sticks it up Levein. The guy’s not cut out to be a front man but he’s likely to make a huge contribution on the training pitch. I wish him all the best.

If he’s a success at Wolves Levein will take credit for it.

poolman
28-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Not sure about this " good coach " stuff

Hertz played some bloody awful footy under him

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 06:56 PM

Was that because Levein forced the players on him? :dunno:

I would LOVE it it Cathro did brilliantly at Wolves. 😁

Chic Murray
28-06-2018, 07:02 PM

Speak for yourself. I loved every minute.

But does anybody actually know if he was a good coach in Portugal? I've never heard of Rio Ave.

Iggy Pope
28-06-2018, 07:05 PM

But does anybody actually know if he was a good coach in Portugal? I've never heard of Rio Ave.

Seen them play at Sporting on holiday a few years back. Nowt special but a top flight side in Portugal so they were.

southern hibby
28-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Don’t know why but I’d love him to do well I really would. Then we can wind up the unwashed even more.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2018, 07:13 PM
I didn't think anyone could beat Malofeev, but this rocket won hands down against him, his broken English was wonderful.

My favorite gimp since Bobby Seith.

HH81
28-06-2018, 07:34 PM
The pitch is the pitch.

tamig
28-06-2018, 07:37 PM
If he’s a success at Wolves Levein will take credit for it.

Levein can GTF. Cathro was a success as a coach long before he pitched up under Levein.

poolman
28-06-2018, 08:56 PM

Who knows

Let's see 4-6s new abundant signings for the coming season, none of which have had me saying " he's a good signing " even the Yams I know are a bit sceptical of all that's been added. By Christ it's like a throwback to Vlads time, they must have the biggest squad in the SPL, hope there's plenty of pre match chips ready

Anyway, I have no fears from them next season

hfc rd
28-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Who knows

Let's see 4-6s new abundant signings for the coming season, none of which have had me saying " he's a good signing " even the Yams I know are a bit sceptical of all that's been added. By Christ it's like a throwback to Vlads time, they must have the biggest squad in the SPL, hope there's plenty of pre match chips ready

Anyway, I have no fears from them next season

It reminds me so much of what we were like under calderwood & fenlon. Signing players just for the sake of it

Mibbes Aye
28-06-2018, 10:08 PM

Portugal is basically dominated by the big three - Sporting, Benfica and Porto. The other teams tend to fluctuate in success, behind the top three.

Cathro worked with the guy he's rejoined at Wolves. They reached both cup finals and qualified for Europe while he was there and I think they then both left for Valencia.

worcesterhibby
29-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Cathro was with Espirito Santo at both Rio Ave and Valencia. He knows him well and knows what he can bring as a coach (not a manager). Espirito Santo is a great manager and has done wonders at Wolves, so his belief in Cathro is odd, I guess when English isn't your language, he is easier to understand !!

JimBHibees
29-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Still a good coach... should get on better at a team that will have players that can pass a ball.

Good point and has worked with the manager before. Hope he does well. Probably not suited to be the front man but seems to be a very good coach. At least he had the bottle to give it a go.

JimBHibees
29-06-2018, 09:11 AM

Agree and think Rodgers made the same point that Cathro had a passing coaching style but the players bought didnt fit with that, Stockton being an example.

JimBHibees
29-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Also worked with the same manager at Valencia on the back of how they did in Portugal.

Smartie
29-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Who? And why?

Kris Boyd amongst others. Generally the footballing establishment in this country that thinks to "ken anything aboot fitba" you need to have played hundreds of games for the likes of Airdrie, followed the Old Firm and done courses at Largs.

He's an unconventional figure, and a very young man who was offered a position at Hearts that he couldn't sensibly turn down long before he was anything like ready for it.

Clearly he has something as a coach to have got jobs at Newcastle, Valencia and now Wolves.

He was a slaver, but an inoffensive, naive and fairly innocent one so I can't find it in me to want to him to fail.

Totally the opposite, because to thrive I think Scotland needs to embrace new ideas, new people, new ways of doing thing instead of hounding them, ridiculing them and putting them in positions where they are destined to fail.

He was manager at Hearts and they played some awful stuff.

Coach is a different role, one he has a track record of being (apparently) good at.

jacomo
29-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Kris Boyd amongst others. Generally the footballing establishment in this country that thinks to "ken anything aboot fitba" you need to have played hundreds of games for the likes of Airdrie, followed the Old Firm and done courses at Largs.

He's an unconventional figure, and a very young man who was offered a position at Hearts that he couldn't sensibly turn down long before he was anything like ready for it.

Clearly he has something as a coach to have got jobs at Newcastle, Valencia and now Wolves.

He was a slaver, but an inoffensive, naive and fairly innocent one so I can't find it in me to want to him to fail.

Totally the opposite, because to thrive I think Scotland needs to embrace new ideas, new people, new ways of doing thing instead of hounding them, ridiculing them and putting them in positions where they are destined to fail.

Kris Boyd said he wouldn’t be very good, and he wasn’t. It’s uncomfortable to be on the same side of an argument as him, but he was right.

I agree that Scottish football can be insular, but it wasn’t Cathro’s ideas that were the problem. It was his stubbornness, lack of leadership skills and absence of self-awareness.

I read his interview a few months ago and it sounded like he had learned nothing at all from his time at Hearts.

Self belief is sometimes admirable. But sometimes it just means an insufferable bellend.

pacorosssco
29-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Cathro must be good coach. Had big gigs and now back epl. Doubt can manage again but recon brought in for player agent contacts at hmfc. Levein then hung him out to keep his salary.

RyeSloan
30-06-2018, 12:02 AM

Rio Ave?

It’s right next to De Janeiro Crescent.

🤪