PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance for Flights to the Faroes

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 07:04 AM
Can we remind all Supporters that today is the last chance to donate at least £15 to HSL and be included in the draw that gives fans the opportunity to fly with the team to the Faroe Islands.

Supporters who sign up to make a one off donation of at least £15 to HSL by Midnight tonight will have their names included in a draw. The lucky winner will be able to nominate a friend to join him/her on the Official Club charter flight leaving Edinburgh late on 17th July and returning immediately after the match on the 19th July. HSL have arranged a twin room in central Torshavn (to be paid for separately).

To make this donation go to https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

Very rarely do you have a win/win situation. If your name is drawn out the hat, that’s great, but if not you have still helped generate more funds for Neil and the team.

The draw will be made next week and supporters are reminded that any donations initiated after midnight tonight will be gratefully received but donators names will not be included in the draw.

Please note that seats are only available to supporters who are 18 or over.

HSL

Isaac_Refvik
28-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Done! £15 doesn't buy 3 pints during the festival. What's not to like.

El Gubbz
28-06-2018, 08:54 AM
Can we remind all Supporters that today is the last chance to donate at least £15 to HSL and be included in the draw that gives fans the opportunity to fly with the team to the Faroe Islands.

Supporters who sign up to make a one off donation of at least £15 to HSL by Midnight tonight will have their names included in a draw. The lucky winner will be able to nominate a friend to join him/her on the Official Club charter flight leaving Edinburgh late on 17th July and returning immediately after the match on the 19th July. HSL have arranged a twin room in central Torshavn (to be paid for separately).

Very rarely do you have a win/win situation. If your name is drawn out the hat, that’s great, but if not you have still helped generate more funds for Neil and the team.

The draw will be made next week and supporters are reminded that any donations initiated after midnight tonight will be gratefully received but donators names will not be included in the draw.

HSL

Think this is a great idea for raising funds for the Hibees. If they’re going to do stuff like this in the future they may get more one off donations by advertising it as a raffle with plenty other prizes up for grabs like signed shirts, balls etc

BSEJVT
28-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Of all the no brainers in the history of mankind this must be up there with the biggest.

If someone offered you a raffle ticket in the pub for such a deal then, despite your reservations over whether you would actually see the prize or not, you would bite their hands off

Here we have a guaranteed prize pay out from a trusted source with the added benefit that donations are guaranteed to benefit our team rather than line some promoters pocket.

I read on the various HSL threads folk asking whether it would be possible for money cant buy inducements to be provided to HSL by the club to encourage uptake.

HSL have obviously taken the bull by the horns and got such an inducement from the club and they are both to be applauded and supported for this.

Whilst I cant speak for Hibs or HSL you have got to imagine that if this approach realises more than the cost of the package donated by Hibs to HSL that similar opportunities may be afforded in the future.

For the sake of two or three pints have a go at this, someone's got to win.

Its one of my remaining ambitions in life to see Hibs in Europe and right now this offers me my only chance of doing so as I am skint following moving house.

Future17
28-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Done. Do you get an email confirming your donation?

H18 SFR
28-06-2018, 09:17 AM

HSL

When is the draw?

steviek
28-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Hi HSL, excellent idea but whats the reason for over 18's only on the flight?

CapitalGreen
28-06-2018, 10:07 AM

Topless Air Hostesses

Ozyhibby
28-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Topless Air Hostesses

HSL about to break the 50% ownership mark.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 11:00 AM
How do I log into my account?

hulk
28-06-2018, 11:45 AM
How do I log into my account?

This was discussed on previous thread (see from 24 down)
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?331880-Faroe-Islands-Flight-Only-for-£15&p=5444289&viewfull=1#post5444289

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 11:47 AM
This was discussed on previous thread (see from 24 down)
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?331880-Faroe-Islands-Flight-Only-for-£15&p=5444289&viewfull=1#post5444289

Thanks, but I can't even see the login page.

Tynie01011973
28-06-2018, 11:55 AM

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 11:57 AM
https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk

I've tried there.

There's no login box or menu.

Tynie01011973
28-06-2018, 12:00 PM
I've tried there.

There's no login box or menu.

???

Top right asks for Log In ?

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 12:01 PM
You have to google Hibernian Supporters Association. I can’t see an option to do it when you go onto the main page either?
I’ve never been able to log in either. I click on the list password option, doesn’t do anything either
I pay every month, so I must have an account

jingler1954
28-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Done

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 12:11 PM
???

Top right asks for Log In ?

Not on my phone it doesn't.

I'll try the PC.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 12:12 PM

I'll try the PC.

Me too

SMAXXA
28-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Done

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 12:21 PM
O the PC it has a login button top right..

I've realised that on the phone it's a wee 3 sided box with a arrow going into it.

That could do with fixing if HSL are looking in.

Doanated.

HappyHibby93
28-06-2018, 12:22 PM

I'll try the PC.

Tap the 3 bars on the top left if you're on your phone, drop bar will give you all options to all pages including the donate page.👍

You best hurry there's only 11 hours left 😂😂

GGTTH

Tynie01011973
28-06-2018, 12:23 PM

I'll try the PC.

Sorry I was logged in on a tablet not mobile 👍

overdrive
Topless Air Hostesses

I didn’t think Viet Jet Air operated here :wink:

Hibbyradge
Tap the 3 bars on the top left if you're on your phone, drop bar will give you all options to all pages including the donate page.👍

You best hurry there's only 11 hours left 😂😂

GGTTH

I tried that, of course. It doesn't work.

See my post above.

HappyHibby93
28-06-2018, 12:26 PM

See my post above.

Well I'd suggest you upgrade the phone as it's working perfectly fine with me.

Good luck with the donation. 👍

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 12:40 PM
You have to google Hibernian Supporters Association. I can’t see an option to do it when you go onto the main page either?
I’ve never been able to log in either. I click on the list password option, doesn’t do anything either
I pay every month, so I must have an account
Billy
If you are still having a problem please drop us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 12:41 PM

See my post above.

Please drop us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Billy
If you are still having a problem please drop us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Done

Gus
28-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Watch the wolf of Wall Street. Big Marv helicoptering everyone

HappyHibby93
28-06-2018, 03:04 PM
O the PC it has a login button top right..

I've realised that on the phone it's a wee 3 sided box with a arrow going into it.

That could do with fixing if HSL are looking in.

Doanated.

:confused:

Not on my phone, (samsung android) it works perfectly well so I'm not sure what you're asking HSL to fix.

I'll grab some screenshots later just so we have the same hymn sheet so to speak.... :wink::thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 03:08 PM
:confused:

Not on my phone, (samsung android) it works perfectly well so I'm not sure what you're asking HSL to fix.

I'll grab some screenshots later just so we have the same hymn sheet so to speak.... :wink::thumbsup:
Screenshot attached
I know now it’s the wee symbol near the top right

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Screenshot attached

Yes, that's what mine looks like.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Yes, that's what mine looks like.

Just looked on PC, and it has a button that says logon, but doesn’t on the mobile site, just the wee symbol, that I now know is to logon😄

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Just looked on PC, and it has a button that says logon, but doesn’t on the mobile site, just the wee symbol, that I now know is to logon😄

You should have read my post at 1.21 :wink:

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Screenshot attached
Billy and others

Thank you for highlighting this. We will ask our web developer to change this immediately and make it much more visible.

HSL

HappyHibby93
28-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Screenshot attached

Correct, and the 3 white bars to th left give you this... 👍😎

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 04:21 PM
HappyHibby93
We are on to it, thank you for spotting this.

HSL

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Of all the no brainers in the history of mankind this must be up there with the biggest.

If someone offered you a raffle ticket in the pub for such a deal then, despite your reservations over whether you would actually see the prize or not, you would bite their hands off

Here we have a guaranteed prize pay out from a trusted source with the added benefit that donations are guaranteed to benefit our team rather than line some promoters pocket.

I read on the various HSL threads folk asking whether it would be possible for money cant buy inducements to be provided to HSL by the club to encourage uptake.

HSL have obviously taken the bull by the horns and got such an inducement from the club and they are both to be applauded and supported for this.

Whilst I cant speak for Hibs or HSL you have got to imagine that if this approach realises more than the cost of the package donated by Hibs to HSL that similar opportunities may be afforded in the future.

For the sake of two or three pints have a go at this, someone's got to win.

Its one of my remaining ambitions in life to see Hibs in Europe and right now this offers me my only chance of doing so as I am skint following moving house.

You are absolutely right. If your name isn't drawn out the hat you haven't lost. Your money doesn't go to a Bookie or profit making promoter it goes to Hibs. More specifically Neil and the Team.
We have already had a good response but it would be great if we could push up the numbers in the final hours. For those that like targets could we get 30 more donators in the final six hours ?

We would love to do something like this again so let's make this work.

HSL

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 04:33 PM

But there's no login there either.

I suspect we're at cross purposes

HappyHibby93
28-06-2018, 04:39 PM
But there's no login there either.

I suspect we're at cross purposes

When you click the wee box with the arrow it goes to my account, did you scroll down the page? The login boxes are there on my phone.👍

GGTTH

Mikey
28-06-2018, 04:40 PM
The icon in the top right hand corner is a pretty standard login icon.

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 04:50 PM
When you click the wee box with the arrow it goes to my account, did you scroll down the page? The login boxes are there on my phone.👍

GGTTH

Yes. I posted about that at 1.00pm.

I thought you meant that there was a login under the 3 lines hamburger thing.

We're on the same page... nearly. 😁

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Yes. I posted about that at 1.00pm.

I thought you meant that there was a login under the 3 lines hamburger thing.

We're on the same page... nearly. 😁
Said 12noon in your thread😄
Should have asked before, why is the site one hour behind

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Said 12noon in your thread😄
Should have asked before, why is the site one hour behind

I'm well confused. The thread is bang on time here.

I need a lie down. Or a drink. Or both.

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 06:13 PM
You are absolutely right. If your name isn't drawn out the hat you haven't lost. Your money doesn't go to a Bookie or profit making promoter it goes to Hibs. More specifically Neil and the Team.
We have already had a good response but it would be great if we could push up the numbers in the final hours. For those that like targets could we get 30 more donators in the final six hours ?

HSL
Great News.

Since this post we have had another 9 donators. Only 21 to go in the final 5 hours. Please tell a pal, relative or neighbour. They might even take you with them if they win !

HSL

Tynie01011973
28-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Done

Hermit Crab
28-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Done.

Hermit Crab
28-06-2018, 06:57 PM
So I've donated but home come in my account does it say that the donation date is the 5th July 2018? I donated today. :confused:

mentalhibee
28-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Do you get an email to confirm you have been entered into the draw?

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 07:51 PM
So I've donated but home come in my account does it say that the donation date is the 5th July 2018? I donated today. :confused:

Hermit
Don't worry, you are in the draw. We know exactly, to the minute, when you initiated the donation and that's all that counts. Anyone initiating a donation after midnight tonight will not be included.
Thank you and good luck.

HSL

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Do you get an email to confirm you have been entered into the draw?

We are not sending any special email but you will have received a confirmation email from Go Cardless.
The Go Cardless system produces a simple list of all donators during the specified period to which we will add those who donated via Stripe and we will draw a name at random .

HSL

mentalhibee
28-06-2018, 07:55 PM
We are not sending any special email but you will have received a confirmation email from Go Cardless.
The Go Cardless system produces a simple list of all donators during the specified period to which we will add those who donated via Stripe and we will draw a name at random .

HSL

Thanks for confirming the process I recieved the email from go cardless.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 07:57 PM

HSL
I haven’t received an email from them

Gerard
28-06-2018, 08:04 PM

E mail sent to authorise my donation to hsl

Hermit Crab
28-06-2018, 08:06 PM

got an email from go cardless.

Hermit Crab
28-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Hermit
Don't worry, you are in the draw. We know exactly, to the minute, when you initiated the donation and that's all that counts. Anyone initiating a donation after midnight tonight will not be included.
Thank you and good luck.

HSL

Cheers for confirming.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 08:11 PM
got an email from go cardless.

I haven’t received aniything, think I did this on Tuesday

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 08:13 PM

Billy
Email us your full details and we will double check

HSL

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 08:15 PM

HSL

23 so far, only 7 more to go in just under 3 hours. Let's do it.

HSL

Billy Whizz
28-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Billy
Email us your full details and we will double check

HSL

Confirmed HSL, think there might have been an email spelling error somewhere

Skol
28-06-2018, 09:00 PM

HSL

Why not top up your £15 and pay £23 for a home ticket and sell the home game out ?

SRHibs
28-06-2018, 09:13 PM
So just to confirm I’ve effectively set up a single time direct debit which will enter me in the draw however hasn’t been taken out my account yet?

I assume the delay in the draw being made is to stop people from cancelling this payment if they don’t win the prize?

How is the draw being made? Will it be recorded?

OfficialHSL
28-06-2018, 11:10 PM

HSL

Delighted to report that we achieved 33 donations in the final 5 hours.
Donations made now, while most welcome, will not be included in the draw.

We will provide an update shortly.

HSL

H18 SFR
01-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Delighted to report that we achieved 33 donations in the final 5 hours.
Donations made now, while most welcome, will not be included in the draw.

We will provide an update shortly.

HSL

Has the winner been announced?

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Has the winner been announced?

No, they said would be early this week

H18 SFR
01-07-2018, 09:18 AM
No, they said would be early this week

Thanks mate.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Thanks mate.

Are you in the draw?

Hope for HSL’s sake, they’ve taken in at least enough to cover the 2 seats

H18 SFR
01-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Are you in the draw?

Hope for HSL’s sake, they’ve taken in at least enough to cover the 2 seats

Sure am mate, so is the wife.

Iggy Pope
01-07-2018, 07:27 PM

HSL

HSL
Probably already covered (I've been away), but do those HSL contributors, like me, who contribute more than £15 monthly and in perpetuity beyond member certification automatically enter this draw?

Hibbyradge
01-07-2018, 07:28 PM
HSL
Probably already covered (I've been away), but do those HSL contributors, like me, who contribute more than £15 monthly and in perpetuity beyond member certification automatically enter this draw?

No.

I've been paying in £18.75 since the start but I donated another £15 for this chance.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2018, 07:30 PM
HSL

Yeah, it's been covered and, no, they weren't. It had to be a one-off.

A fair number of existing donors did pay the £15. However, there were 250 "new" donors, which has to be a good thing.

Iggy Pope
02-07-2018, 02:15 PM
No.

I've been paying in £18.75 since the start but I donated another £15 for this chance.

Yeah, it's been covered and, no, they weren't. It had to be a one-off.

A fair number of existing donors did pay the £15. However, there were 250 "new" donors, which has to be a good thing.

Ta both.
New customers only then.
Agree that the new donors is more than good but I reckon my £30 p.m. since the start should have got me and anyone else in that boat into the draw.

However, if it's been covered it's been covered, enough said. Might need to think hard about a way to cover some of the funds for the Charter seat I've shelled out for.....:wink:

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2018, 02:56 PM
When exactly will the draw be made?

HH81
02-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Ta both.
New customers only then.
Agree that the new donors is more than good but I reckon my £30 p.m. since the start should have got me and anyone else in that boat into the draw.

However, if it's been covered it's been covered, enough said. Might need to think hard about a way to cover some of the funds for the Charter seat I've shelled out for.....:wink:

No not new customers only. It's like when you enter a raffle you buy a ticket and there is a winner.

Everyone had to buy a ticket. Good marketing ploy and made some decent cash.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2018, 05:59 PM
When exactly will the draw be made?

Think they said Tuesday at some point.

Iggy Pope
02-07-2018, 06:23 PM
No not new customers only. It's like when you enter a raffle you buy a ticket and there is a winner.

Everyone had to buy a ticket. Good marketing ploy and made some decent cash.

Aye, I know. A raffle. Ta.

OfficialHSL
02-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Ta both.
New customers only then.

Iggy
We do get where you are coming from. Do you think there is a desire for us to do something exclusively for our existing donators ?

HSL

Iggy Pope
02-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Iggy
We do get where you are coming from. Do you think there is a desire for us to do something exclusively for our existing donators ?

HSL

I think you've maybe got to watch the purse strings haven't you? But if you did maybe you'd entice more repeat donors rather than folks chancing a 'raffle' as there is maybe something in it for them, albeit at fairly long odds. I honestly think you could have included perpetual donors of £15 or more in the draw.

But you could tell me - how single many donations did you receive in the end and how many perpetual donors do we have? Only asking about numbers not cash intake. My (ongoing) yearly contribution is currently £360 against that mans £15......add the price of my charter seat to that I could easily kit a family of 4 out with season tickets and the odd half time pie or three. If I were the complete philanthropist of course.

CropleyWasGod
02-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Iggy

HSLJust a thought. Perhaps a regulars-only raffle now and again, but at a cost to them.

That has a couple of advantages, apart from the money-raising:-

1. Keeps the regulars onside, and avoids them feeling hard done by.

2. Demonstrates to non-regulars the potential value of a regular donation. A bit like enticing people to buy a ST.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
02-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Iggy

HSL

Perhaps even having a random prize draw including all members. Something as simple as a signed ball? Signed strip? Doesn't have to be something too costly.

OfficialHSL
02-07-2018, 07:12 PM
I think you've maybe got to watch the purse strings haven't you? But if you did maybe you'd entice more repeat donors rather than folks chancing a 'raffle' as there is maybe something in it for them, albeit at fairly long odds. I honestly think you could have included perpetual donors of £15 or more in the draw.

But you could tell me - how single many donations did you receive in the end and how many perpetual donors do we have? Only asking about numbers not cash intake. My (ongoing) yearly contribution is currently £360 against that mans £15......add the price of my charter seat to that I could easily kit a family of 4 out with season tickets and the odd half time pie or three. If I were the complete philanthropist of course.

Iggy
Can't answer your question, not because it's any great secret but our " techie" person is abroad at the minute.
Your point however is well made and understood . We are very grateful for your regular contribution and indeed all our regular contributors. You presumably are doing because you quite simply want to help.
We want to find a way to encourage others to feel the same way but only if they are in a financial position to do so. It's a fine balancing act but we are trying to do something for our exiting Members/donators like you but at the same time being "open to all".
With this in mind, let's get the thinking caps on ?

HSL

andyf5
02-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Iggy
Can't answer your question, not because it's any great secret but our " techie" person is abroad at the minute.
Your point however is well made and understood . We are very grateful for your regular contribution and indeed all our regular contributors. You presumably are doing because you quite simply want to help.
We want to find a way to encourage others to feel the same way but only if they are in a financial position to do so. It's a fine balancing act but we are trying to do something for our exiting Members/donators like you but at the same time being "open to all".

HSL

I appreciate Iggy's point but this is a one off draw and has got 250 people contributing £15 to the team. Personally I don't have a problem in the next draw allowing regular contributors getting a chance too. But probably then you get someone who contributes twice as much as Iggy saying they should get 2 tickets for his one...... It was a good idea and has generated money for the club as well as given fans who couldn't afford the trip a chance of going. If we get through I would want to see this repeated under the same rules.

Jonnyboy
02-07-2018, 08:47 PM
I appreciate Iggy's point but this is a one off draw and has got 250 people contributing £15 to the team. Personally I don't have a problem in the next draw allowing regular contributors getting a chance too. But probably then you get someone who contributes twice as much as Iggy saying they should get 2 tickets for his one...... It was a good idea and has generated money for the club as well as given fans who couldn't afford the trip a chance of going. If we get through I would want to see this repeated under the same rules.

Many of whom are, like myself, monthly contributors. Had the draw included those already paying, the ones that 'gambled' the extra £15 probably wouldn't have …….. if that makes sense :greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Many of whom are, like myself, monthly contributors. Had the draw included those already paying, the ones that 'gambled' the extra £15 probably wouldn't have …….. if that makes sense :greengrin

It does, I’m in the same boat thought too!
I wasn’t expecting anything extra for my monthly donation

Iggy Pope
03-07-2018, 05:19 AM
Iggy

HSL

No bother. Can't be easy.
Maybe when your guy gets back you could let me know. I'm curious you see.

Iggy Pope
03-07-2018, 05:43 AM
It does, I’m in the same boat thought too!
I wasn’t expecting anything extra for my monthly donation

I've never 'expected' anything either. As far as I know this is the first occasion that HSL has interacted with an incentive offer. Other than the obvious incentive of helping the club of course which those of us who regularly contribute are doing. I say incentive in terms of putting something in for the individual chance to get something back out, in this case a flee plane ride.

I asked a question and got an answer.
I then asked another and I might get an answer. At the same time I suggested that anyone already contributing £15 a month or more might have been given the same opportunity in the draw. Just one, not multiples or any add ons based on the size of their payments. I think that's fair and I doubt it would have made much difference to the uptake, but that's just my opinion.

I do hope they get some regular contributors out of the number who have taken a single punt and maybe when the Tech guy gets back they'll be able to share the gen. I can't be the only one wondering.

I'm very happy that HSL have made some money out of the initiative and I'm also happy that one of our fans will get something pretty valuable in return. They might even be unlucky enough to be sitting next to me.

Hermit Crab
03-07-2018, 03:07 PM
When is the draw today?

Tynie01011973
03-07-2018, 04:33 PM
When is the draw today?

We don't know - all HSL said in their email confirmation on Sunday was that it would be early next week.

Mikey
03-07-2018, 04:50 PM
One thing that would improve the next draw would be to give a specific time for the draw and stick to it.

Hermit Crab
03-07-2018, 05:11 PM
We don't know - all HSL said in their email confirmation on Sunday was that it would be early next week.

Tomorrow is the middle of the week! :grr::greengrin

Iggy Pope
03-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Tomorrow is the middle of the week! :grr::greengrin

Hopefully all 250 of you have got your holidays in with the work. Just in case like.

Hermit Crab
03-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Hopefully all 250 of you have got your holidays in with the work. Just in case like.

I'm rest days Thursday, Friday and Saturday anyway with days in Lieu booked for the Tuesday and Wednesday. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
03-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Theres a thought though, what if the person(s) drawn cant make it?

H18 SFR
03-07-2018, 05:25 PM
I wish they'd just draw the bloody thing.

Hibbyradge
03-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Theres a thought though, what if the person(s) drawn cant make it?

Why would they have bought a ticket for the draw?

CapitalGreen
03-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Stand down lads, I’ve already won it 🇫🇴

Hermit Crab
03-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Why would they have bought a ticket for the draw?

Because folk will donate without securing the relevant time of from work. It happens.

H18 SFR
04-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Any update on the draw?

CapitalGreen
04-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Any update on the draw?

See above

Stand down lads, I’ve already won it 🇫🇴

BlackSheep
04-07-2018, 12:36 PM
See above

Lol, I’m sure there would’ve been an official announcement/email....

Oscar T Grouch
04-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Is there anyone who has entered the draw that would still be going if they didn't win? I am sure there will be a few like that. Bit unfair to keep them hanging about when they need to book travel. A draw like this should have a fixed draw date and time. I am pretty sure there are guidelines governing prize draws like this and HSL should watch themselves in this regard. Probably nothing to worry about but it's not really right having a prize draw without a fixed draw time and date, or am I wrong?

H18 SFR
04-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Is there anyone who has entered the draw that would still be going if they didn't win? I am sure there will be a few like that. Bit unfair to keep them hanging about when they need to book travel. A draw like this should have a fixed draw date and time. I am pretty sure there are guidelines governing prize draws like this and HSL should watch themselves in this regard. Probably nothing to worry about but it's not really right having a prize draw without a fixed draw time and date, or am I wrong?

Nothing you've said is remotely unreasonable. I'd agree with your sentiments.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2018, 01:11 PM

No, you're right. Should be a date of draw. Even a ticket number (if it's a raffle), would be a start.

1van Sprou7e
04-07-2018, 02:27 PM
No, you're right. Should be a date of draw. Even a ticket number (if it's a raffle), would be a start.

Even an update from HSL would be nice...

If the draw has to be delayed for another day or two that's fine but we should be kept up to date on what's happening

Big_Franck
04-07-2018, 03:11 PM
HSL should be applauded for this initiative and their recent improvement in communications.

Having said that its poor to delay the draw this long and leave supporters hanging. I like many im sure have entered and would still need to arrange annual leave at work. With it being July leave will not be easy for everyone to arrange at the last minute.

Ringothedog
04-07-2018, 03:55 PM
I am not in the draw but small things like this may deter any potential new members from joining HSL if you take someone’s money the least you can expect is regular updates or confirmation of when the draw will take place.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2018, 04:58 PM
I am not in the draw but small things like this may deter any potential new members from joining HSL if you take someone’s money the least you can expect is regular updates or confirmation of when the draw will take place.

Now that really would be a shot in the foot. C'mon HSL guy or Leithen Hibby. What's the gen?

Future17
04-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Draw has been made and email issued:

We are delighted to confirm that the draw has now been made for the Flight Only tickets to the Faroe Islands.

The winner is William Scott from Edinburgh. Billy has supported Hibs for over 33 years and was absolutely “gobsmacked” when he heard the news.

Billy confirmed that he had entered the draw with a view to taking his Dad on the trip and said “I made the donation really on behalf of my Dad but unfortunately he hasn’t been keeping that well and won’t be able to make the trip. I’m grateful to the guys at HSL for giving me a spot of time to make alternative arrangements. I just can’t believe this, I never win anything. I now can't wait on making the trip to see Hibs in the Faroes."

We would like to thank all supporters who donated to this initiative and remind them that while not winning the Flight tickets they have helped our Football Team.

Mikey
04-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Well done Billy, really chuffed for you. Hope you have a great time.

Ringothedog
04-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Well done Billy, see you on the plane 🇳🇬

BT58
05-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Well done Billy. Great prize.
Re Iggy, surely if there is to be a signed jersey/ball it should be open to ALL donators of HSL. Doesnt matter if you pay £10,£15,£30...per month were all helping Hibernian fc in our own way.
B

Itsnoteasy
05-07-2018, 07:40 AM
Well done Billy ma auld mucker fi Gorgie.
One of the few original Gorgiegreens from back in the day.
Hope your dad gets well soon & enjoy the trip.
GGTTH

Iggy Pope
05-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Well done Billy. Great prize.
Re Iggy, surely if there is to be a signed jersey/ball it should be open to ALL donators of HSL. Doesnt matter if you pay £10,£15,£30...per month were all helping Hibernian fc in our own way.
B

Sorry B, you've lost me a wee bit there - it wasn't open to all donators unless they stumped up the added £15, the level set by HSL for the draw. I suggested everyone already contributing every month at that level (or over) might also been included in the 'raffle'. And I think they should have. I'm not getting precious about the amounts people subscribe. Donate what you like and I think I've made that pretty clear. Too late now anyway and well done to the fellah who won it. What's this signed jersey and ball stuff about friend?

BT58
05-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Soz if i misread your post Iggy. I knew it wasnt for the flight. I thought i had read that it was for future raffles for ball/strip.
B

Iggy Pope
05-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Soz if i misread your post Iggy. I knew it wasnt for the flight. I thought i had read that it was for future raffles for ball/strip.
B

Nah. A pound in the Happy Hibby bucket sorts that.

BT58
05-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Just had an email from HSL re holiday in Athens. Fantastic prize for £5. Just a pity i cant get time off and its far too hot for me. Will be passing this on to fellow hibs fans
B