PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster (eticketing) security breach incident

hibby6270
27-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Received an email today purporting to be from Ticketmaster outlining the fact they’ve discovered a security breach on 23rd June 2018. Customers who have bought tickets between February to June 2018 may have had personal and payment details compromised.

At first I just thought it was another of those scam emails because I haven’t purchased any concert tickets via Ticketmaster since last year.

But then realised Hibs use TM as their ticket supplier and of course, have renewed ST, bought PH Testimonial and Europa League tickets in recent days/weeks.

Anyone else had this warning e-mail sent to them. Is it genuine?

I’ll ring the ticket office in the morning to see if they know anything about it but meantime just curious if anyone else has been warned of potential problems down the line.

overdrive
27-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Received an email today purporting to be from Ticketmaster outlining the fact they’ve discovered a security breach on 23rd June 2018. Customers who have bought tickets between February to June 2018 may have had personal and payment details compromised.

At first I just thought it was another of those scam emails because I haven’t purchased any concert tickets via Ticketmaster since last year.

But then realised Hibs use TM as their ticket supplier and of course, have renewed ST, bought PH Testimonial and Europa League tickets in recent days/weeks.

Anyone else had this warning e-mail sent to them. Is it genuine?

I’ll ring the ticket office in the morning to see if they know anything about it but meantime just curious if anyone else has been warned of potential problems down the line.

I got it too. It looks legit.

Edit: definitely is legit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44628874

hibby6270
27-06-2018, 06:11 PM
I got it too. It looks legit.

Edit: definitely is legit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44628874

OK ta. I’ve tweeted the club as well. Will still phone TO tomorrow to see what they say.
These security breaches have a nasty habit in unwinding in strange ways and when you least suspect it.

hibby6270
27-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Just read that BBC article. States that “those affected” have been contacted, which I guess means me (and up to 40,000 others) need to be vigilant. That’s a bit *****. :rolleyes:

Mon Dieu4
27-06-2018, 06:16 PM
I got one as well, thankfully I've recently changed card details so I should be ok from a money standpoint, identity is another

Skol
27-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Nothing here

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2018, 06:20 PM
just got tickets for game v Runavik last night tae :grr: ******g ****s

Hermit Crab
27-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Just read that BBC article. States that “those affected” have been contacted, which I guess means me (and up to 40,000 others) need to be vigilant. That’s a bit *****. :rolleyes:

Changed my password as instructed to do so by ticketmaster, that should do it according to their website.

hfc rd
27-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Nothing here

Same here. I’ve bought tickets during that period February 2018 - June 2018. In fact, I bought a ticket for the Europa League fixture last night.

Not received any email regarding this breach

Mon Dieu4
27-06-2018, 06:26 PM
If you haven't received one then check your spam folder, mine was in there

ShadesLongThrow
27-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Oh, the irony!

hfc rd
27-06-2018, 06:43 PM

Just checked my spam/junk folder and no email. Probably the ones affected are the ones that have been messaged.

Dom'sFirstTouch
27-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Definitely genuine - I received it as well. I had to cancel a card around a month ago due to suspicious activity. Surprise, surprise it's the one that was used on my ticketmaster account. Thankfully no money lost but others might not be so lucky. Ticketmaster could be in some serious bother under new data protection laws.

Hibby70
27-06-2018, 07:13 PM
I also got the email - just requested a new card from the bank.

Will be a weekend checking statements for me.

Skol
27-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Nothing in spam, but on reflection maybe my son bought our tickets in that period and seasons were done by zebra finance

One Day Soon
27-06-2018, 08:03 PM
I'm using the interest free payment plan so I guess that's not affected?

Just Jimmy
27-06-2018, 08:03 PM
I got it as well. I changed my password as they said but these things never happen so they can order tickets for themselves. They want card details for other things.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
27-06-2018, 08:16 PM
I didn't get an email despite buying tickets. Odd.

nellio
27-06-2018, 08:18 PM
I got one as well.

Now wondering if Barclaycard sent me a new card because of this because my card wasn't up for a year.

leither17
27-06-2018, 08:29 PM
I got one as well.

Now wondering if Barclaycard sent me a new card because of this because my card wasn't up for a year.

I just got a new card from nationwide in the last week too that I never asked for and just received the email too

Hibby70
27-06-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm surprised the article says 40,000 affected. Would have thought it's a much higher number if its over a few months

27-06-2018, 08:54 PM
I didn't get an email despite buying tickets. Odd.

I didn't get an email either and I've bought quite a few tickets in the last 5 months.

HappyHibby93
27-06-2018, 09:04 PM
I got an email also, will have to keep my eyes peeled or ask for a new card. I'll phone the bank the morra and ask their advice.

Pain in the ar$e......

Billy Whizz
27-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Just heard about it on Forth news. Potentially 40,000 people could be affected by it

leither17
27-06-2018, 09:18 PM
When do we get our compo?

Radium
27-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Contacted by my bank last week saying that they had concerns that my card had been compromised, New one arrived today. Wonder if the banks were given a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Ticketmaster discovered the malicious code last saturday....then kindly told us about it yesterday

The Ticketmaster hack comes less than two weeks after Currys PC world and Dixons Travel customers found out their data had been accessible to hackers for as long as a year.

Unbeknown to electronics giant Dixons Carphone, hackers were able to steal the bank details of 5.9million payment cards and the personal data records of a further 1.2million.

and another one :fuming: fu@s

traceyhibs
28-06-2018, 05:09 AM
I’ll look into this this morning and see if we as a club can put something out regarding it

danhibees1875
28-06-2018, 06:17 AM
I didn't get an email either and I've bought quite a few tickets in the last 5 months.

I've not had an email either.

coldingham hibs
28-06-2018, 06:19 AM
Just had £3k worth of fraudulent transactions on my CC, I wasn’t sure how it could have happened but just received this email. Looks like I know now.

hibby6270
28-06-2018, 10:33 AM
I’ll look into this this morning and see if we as a club can put something out regarding it

Thanks Tracey.

As you know I started this thread and not intending to create widespread panic. More a heads up for us all to be watchful of activity on our bank and credit card accounts.

I’ve just phoned the ticket office for their thoughts. They haven’t been advised of anything or aware of any specific problem that affects Hibs use of Ticketmaster but I suppose this is all relatively new news and TM have maybe not yet got round to advising their clients.

The girl I spoke to was aware of it at a personal level - she had received the TM email - and has passed the details on to the club’s communications manager. Presumably if it’s thought to be necessary, the club may issue a statement via the club website (and we all love a good statement don’t we:wink::agree:).

speedy_gonzales
28-06-2018, 01:42 PM
I've not had an email nor noted any suspicious activity on my cards. The BBC article on the Ticketmaster issue seems to suggest it's a "chatbot" issue, does that intimate that if you used the online help function the card details were compromised?

traceyhibs
28-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Thanks Tracey.

As you know I started this thread and not intending to create widespread panic. More a heads up for us all to be watchful of activity on our bank and credit card accounts.

I’ve just phoned the ticket office for their thoughts. They haven’t been advised of anything or aware of any specific problem that affects Hibs use of Ticketmaster but I suppose this is all relatively new news and TM have maybe not yet got round to advising their clients.

The girl I spoke to was aware of it at a personal level - she had received the TM email - and has passed the details on to the club’s communications manager. Presumably if it’s thought to be necessary, the club may issue a statement via the club website (and we all love a good statement don’t we:wink::agree:).

Hi,

Yes was concerned when I saw it myself. Use them for concerts as well as the football.

We are looking into it. The Club didn’t receive the email but I believe we may be putting something out based on the response from Ticketmaster.

Cheers

Tracey

Mentalbarnett
28-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Not looking good for ticketmaster monzo the online bank made them aware in April and ticketmaster brushed it off saying it couldn't have been them that were compromised. Roll on the middle of June and they decide to admit it. As a regular gig goer I on average pay them more than £100 a year in service charges. I how they get hit hard under the new GDPR rules otherwise they won't learn how important our data is.

hibby6270
28-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Good to see the club have contacted Ticketmaster and confirmed no issue as far as Hibs tickets purchasing is concerned.
At a personal level I’m still affected (:rolleyes:), having checked back I have bought concert tickets during the time period given. My problem though and will be dealt with appropriately.:wink: