PDA

View Full Version : Maradona

Mikey09
27-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Shows you what you can get away with when you are a multi millionaire football icon. Absolute disgrace they're letting this clown away with what they are inside stadiums. Yes he was a wonderful footballer but I make no apologies in saying his behaviour is that of an utter moron. Wish the TV companies would stop giving him air time whenever Argentina play.

MWHIBBIES
27-06-2018, 02:18 PM
What did he do? Assume something worse than giving fingers?

Mon Dieu4
27-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Shows you what you can get away with when you are a multi millionaire football icon. Absolute disgrace they're letting this clown away with what they are inside stadiums. Yes he was a wonderful footballer but I make no apologies in saying his behaviour is that of an utter moron. Wish the TV companies would stop giving him air time whenever Argentina play.

He is a guy who grew up in poverty hasn't changed any, money doesn't make a difference, he's always been mental and many people love him for that reason alone

I've done much worse inside a football stadium and sure you probably have too

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2018, 02:20 PM
god bless Maradona :agree:

hibsbollah
27-06-2018, 02:21 PM
He is a guy who grew up in poverty hasn't changed any, money doesn't make a difference, he's always been mental and many people love him for that reason alone

This.

green&left
27-06-2018, 02:22 PM

I have never been so offended in my life. Smoking a cigar and giving the fingers. Disgraceful.

Oscar T Grouch
27-06-2018, 02:24 PM
You see much worse behaviour every week in football stadiums throughout the world. Maradona's problem is there are always cameras on him wherever he goes. If the reports of him being racist towards Koreans is true then that is unacceptable, but celebrating his team scoring in that fashion isn't so bad. He is a nutcase, we all know this, why people are surprised by him being a nutcase in public I will never know!!

Wilson
27-06-2018, 02:26 PM

Good post but doesn't need the last line.

I haven't done worse than Maradona in any stadium. I find it amusing that bams seem to assume that everyone else is the same as them.

Love Maradona though. The cameras could focus on any number of ex-players sitting on their hands or looking glum. They focus on Maradona because he is passionate and shows it.

Jim44
27-06-2018, 02:27 PM

But you’re not a football icon in full glare of the media. The only other one who comes close to Maradona’s cringeworthy antics is Gascoigne. To be fair and in mitigation they both have mental heath problems.

KWJ
27-06-2018, 02:29 PM

I haven't done worse than Maradonna in any stadium. I find it amusing that bams seem to assume that everyone else is the same as them.

Love Maradonna though. The cameras could focus on any number of ex-players sitting on their hands or looking glum. They focus on Maradonna because he is passionate and shows it.

Agree. Quoted post was right but yeah, I've not done anything I'm particularly embarrassed about in a football ground as an adult, apart from maybe the odd greet.

Folk standing staring at the away fans and taunting them for 90 minutes without really paying attention to the game. There's heaps of them. Even for Ross County ffs. Dinnae get it.

Callum_62
27-06-2018, 02:29 PM
He got wrecked and gave someone (?) the vickies

Big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
27-06-2018, 02:30 PM

Oh you're in trouble now - there are people on here who think the sun shines out of his erchie and the fact that he was blessed with amazing talent excuses him from behaving any way he likes.

Laced1875
27-06-2018, 02:31 PM
An emotional guy, has his faults sure but who doesn’t - love Maradona and hope he never changes.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 02:31 PM
Diego Armando Maradonna , Love the man :cb

Mon Dieu4
27-06-2018, 02:32 PM
But you’re not a football icon in full glare of the media. The only other one who comes close to Maradona’s cringeworthy antics is Gascogne. To be fair and in mitigation they both have mental heath problems.

If they want someone who will give a smile and a wave they should wheel out Pele, He is and always was a total radge, don't think he's ever claimed to be a role model, on the contrary he's always been seen as an anti hero, does he do lots of thing he shouldn't? Hell yes but he's only human and has his demons, don't think many folk will think if Maradona does it then it must be ok

supermcginn
27-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Legend

Pretty Boy
27-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Folk moan there are no 'characters' in football anymore then when there is one people moan about their behaviour.

Maradonna is a bit of a parody of himself and plays up on it. He seems a passionate guy and behaves like a fan. I like him.

Mon Dieu4
27-06-2018, 02:38 PM

I haven't done worse than Maradona in any stadium. I find it amusing that bams seem to assume that everyone else is the same as them.

Love Maradona though. The cameras could focus on any number of ex-players sitting on their hands or looking glum. They focus on Maradona because he is passionate and shows it.

Im just telling the truth, these days I'm pretty tame and the worse you will get out of me at the game is the odd expletive, but in my formative years I will more than likely have come out with foul abuse at opposition players and fans as well as give a few hand signals when we've scored.

i think the vast majority of people if they are honest will admit the same

Pretty Boy
27-06-2018, 02:38 PM
If they want someone who will give a smile and a wave they should wheel out Pele, He is and always was a total radge, don't think he's ever claimed to be a role model, on the contrary he's always been seen as an anti hero, does he do lots of thing he shouldn't? Hell yes but he's only human and has his demons, don't think many folk will think if Maradona does it then it must be ok

I'd add that at least Maradonnas 'dark side' is there for all to see. What you see seems pretty much what you get. With Pele it takes a bit more digging but it's there all the same.

hibsbollah
27-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Oh you're in trouble now - there are people on here who think the sun shines out of his erchie and the fact that he was blessed with amazing talent excuses him from behaving any way he likes. Sure, he had talent but too few brain cells to manage the success it brought him. His boozing, wild temper tantrums and coke snorting are just the poor fella's way of coping with life. Bless him.

Boozing? That's terrible. I never realised that. What a selfish nasty piece of work.

:faf:

Loving the puritanism.

SirDavidsNapper
27-06-2018, 02:39 PM
To be fair a night out with Maradona would be some night!

Bishop Hibee
27-06-2018, 02:43 PM
He put the English out out out! The self righteous nonsense from Lineker etc was laughable.

Gibby the Hibby
27-06-2018, 02:48 PM
To be fair a night out with Maradona would be some night!

ye, but there would be only 1 topic of conversation, himself. maybe 2, if his supply ran out,
Imgine mbeing his dealer, youd get no peace!

dont get me wrong, I grew up watching him, and he was a master, easily one of the world top 5 naturally
talented footbalers of all time.

Now he seems to just be a media hungry whore. maybe he is making up for a hnger of sumin else,
canny think what!. as he seems to have dabbled in the peruvian marching powder everytime iv seen him

Still.....a genius he was., and also he is argentina most famous footballing son/ex national team manager. I dont get the abuse about the guy sticking 2 fingers up...... come on eh!, he hardly tea bagged the female 4th official

Chic Murray
27-06-2018, 02:48 PM
At least the man's a football supporter, unlike the strategically placed "fans" dressed up in national costumes.

If anything it was an invasion of his privacy, unless he's being paid appearance money.

bod
27-06-2018, 02:52 PM
purchased these last week

Corstorphine Hibby
27-06-2018, 02:56 PM
god bless Maradona :agree:

I'm offended that you take the trouble to give Maradona a capital M but God only gets a small g.

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2018, 03:05 PM
I'm offended that you take the trouble to give Maradona a capital M but God only gets a small g.

Damn wonKy kEyBoard, bUt A gooD PoinT mAdE

God AND Maradona are both great

IGRIGI
27-06-2018, 03:08 PM
Any man who owns England like he does is sound in my book.

Mikey09
27-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Wasn't really on about his celebrations. Was more to do with snorting **** loads of coke in his VIP lounge, acting like a complete twat and being racist. But hey, he's a character so bash on Diego.

CockneyRebel
27-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Boozing? That's terrible. I never realised that. What a selfish nasty piece of work.

Loving the puritanism.

Boozing and coke snorting led to his wild deranged behaviour.- I combined these as it has been this combination that has defined his behaviour. You separated one for a cheap shot. Didn't work.

hibsbollah
27-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Boozing and coke snorting led to his wild deranged behaviour.- I combined these as it has been this combination that has defined his behaviour. You separated one for a cheap shot. Didn't work.

You started with the strange offended sarcasm.

So are you now saying alcohol abuse is OK but cocaine is wrong? I'm confused AND offended :grr:

Mikey09
27-06-2018, 03:37 PM

I really haven't.

Ozyhibby
27-06-2018, 03:51 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/73250e8f5fa770f909f8564056f3b669.png
This thread.[emoji3]

Liam978
27-06-2018, 04:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/73250e8f5fa770f909f8564056f3b669.png
This thread.[emoji3]

Directed at the fun loving Nigerian fans who did not deserve it. Send Efe after the little twat.

CockneyRebel
27-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Any man who owns England like he does is sound in my book.

Would love to had seen your post if the "hand of God" had put Scotland out of a world cup.

nonshinyfinish
27-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Would love to had seen your post if the "hand of God" had put Scotland out of a world cup.

This thread is descending into fantasy. Scotland in the knockout stage?

Captain Trips
27-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Be interesting to see if anything was being directed at Maradona for him to react.

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Be interesting to see if anything was being directed at Maradona for him to react.

He wouldn't have known if there was, to be honest. :bevvied!:

we are hibs
27-06-2018, 05:16 PM

It didn't though, did It? It put England out and over 30 years later they are still raging beyond belief. He handled it in and told them to whistle for an apology.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Drug cheat hand of god cheating bellend.

27-06-2018, 05:22 PM
purchased these last week

Where did you get these?

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 05:23 PM
It didn't though, did It? It put England out and over 30 years later they are still raging beyond belief. He handled it in and told them to whistle for an apology.

There's class and there's Maradona class. None.

At least Thierry Henry apologised for his cheating.

And yet you say that people not forgiving him for it is beyond belief.

I'm still raging that Colin Campbell wasn't given the penalty against Rangers in 1979. Is that beyond belief too?

stoneyburn hibs
27-06-2018, 05:28 PM
A thread about a Legend giving the bird at a football match ?

27-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Hand of god was an excellent piece of quick thinking subversive skill. The never ending tears are delicious.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Drug cheat hand of god cheating bellend.

ye still ragin mate :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2018, 05:39 PM

This x a million. He's a cancerous parasite on the game and ought to be castrated and paraded in stocks outside football stadiums with fans issued with missiles to bombard him. Making an example of this clown is the only way to ensure his outrageous antics are never replicated in a football stadium ever again.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2018, 05:40 PM
I think the biggest question regarding the hand of god incident is how the **** Peter Shilton was outjumped by a guy who is 5 foot 5?

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 05:45 PM
I think the biggest question regarding the hand of god incident is how the **** Peter Shilton was outjumped by a guy who is 5 foot 5?

What aboot the first goal though ?? Picks the baw up in his ain half and proceeds to dance through the entire Engerlund team without one single player making a tackle ?? Then cooly slots the baw past Shilton , Shear poetry in motion

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 05:46 PM
ye still ragin mate :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

I just can't stand the drugged up lowlife gutter ****.Drug cheating barsteward.

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 05:47 PM
What aboot the first goal though ?? Picks the baw up in his ain half and proceeds to dance through the entire Engerlund team without one single player making a tackle ?? Then cooly slots the baw past Shilton , Shear poetry in motion

The handled goal was the first.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 05:48 PM

Aye what about the first goal.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 05:51 PM
The handled goal was the first.

Ament the second :greengrin

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Aye what about the first goal.

So you are admitting the first was a goal then ?

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 05:53 PM

Stop it.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Stop it.

fae the guy that ruins every thread with a pun , Aye i'l stop it

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 05:55 PM

It was put in the net unfairly and given as a goal by the ref.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 05:56 PM
It was put in the net unfairly and given as a goal by the ref.

Ack Hibs (we) scored 2 blatant goals against hearts that was never given , I'm over it

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2018, 05:57 PM
You put your right hand in.

Pagan Hibernia
27-06-2018, 05:58 PM
I just can't stand the drugged up lowlife gutter ****.Drug cheating barsteward.

He was also a joy to watch and was blessed with football genius the like of which England has never produced. Or Scotland for that matter.

Northern Ireland could maybe lay a claim to something comparable.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Ack Hibs (we) scored 2 blatant goals against hearts that was never given , I'm over it

Carry on

Pagan Hibernia
27-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Wasn't really on about his celebrations. Was more to do with snorting **** loads of coke in his VIP lounge, acting like a complete twat and being racist. But hey, he's a character so bash on Diego.

What did he do that was racist? Or are we just throwing words like that around to score points?

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Carry on

Nae need , you bit earlier on and that's all i wanted

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 06:01 PM
He was also a joy to watch and was blessed with football genius the like of which England has never produced. Or Scotland for that matter.

King Kenny a better man all round.

Regardless of the cheating low life ****'s ability he was/is a bellend

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 06:02 PM
King Kenny a better man all round.

Regardless of the cheating low life ****'s ability he was/is a bellend

A bellend that won the world cup though :cup:

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Nae need , you bit earlier on and that's all i wanted

That wasn't a bite that was my long held opinion of lowlife ****. Happy to share it anytime you ask

HibbyAndy
27-06-2018, 06:07 PM
That wasn't a bite that was my long held opinion of lowlife ****. Happy to share it anytime you ask

And nothing to do with his hand baw ? cmaaannnnn:greengrin

Wusnae that when England Cheated the world cup in 66 ;-)

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 06:10 PM

Wasnae born in 66 so means nothing to me

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 06:36 PM

Brilliant G. :hilarious

CockneyRebel
27-06-2018, 06:42 PM
You started with the strange offended sarcasm.

So are you now saying alcohol abuse is OK but cocaine is wrong? I'm confused AND offended :grr:

No you're not.
You are just continuing as before by deliberately taking words out of context and making a sound bite because you don't have a proper response. Do you not understand the words combined or combination? I think you do, you just choose to ignore what doesn't fit with your hero worship.

WeAreHibs
27-06-2018, 06:55 PM

Maradona exists!

hibsbollah
27-06-2018, 06:55 PM
No you're not.
You are just continuing as before by deliberately taking words out of context and making a sound bite because you don't have a proper response. Do you not understand the words combined or combination? I think you do, you just choose to ignore what doesn't fit with your hero worship.

No hero worship, I just have a different opinion to you. Sorry if that offends.

Mikey09
27-06-2018, 06:59 PM
A thread about a Legend giving the bird at a football match ?

No. It was to do with his cocaine snorting sessions in his wee luxury VIP lounge. Out his face making an absolute tit of himself. Obviously some posters on here think that's big and makes him interesting. Also the Racist gestures directed at a group of fans. Could you imagine the meltdown some folk would be having if that was Gazza in an England shirt firing coke up his beak and downing whiskey, making racist gestures towards supporters? Place would be in uproar.

Betty Boop
27-06-2018, 06:59 PM

:top marks

CockneyRebel
27-06-2018, 07:00 PM

How did England cheat exactly? The disputed goal was given by the officials and they scored another one anyway so no cheating involved there at all not like a certain Argentinian goal. If they had used VAR in 1966 and it had gone against England then they would have won 3 - 2 instead of 4 - 2. If they had VAR at the undisputed Maradonna handball goal then it would have been disallowed and he would have been carded and maybe changed the result, who knows.

One Day Soon
27-06-2018, 07:04 PM
This thread is descending into fantasy. Scotland in the knockout stage?

It's much worse than you think NSF, Scotland at the World Cup Finals?

nonshinyfinish
27-06-2018, 07:05 PM
It's much worse than you think NSF, Scotland at the World Cup Finals?

Indeed. I like a bit of surreal fiction, but these things can be taken too far.

Callum_62
27-06-2018, 07:06 PM
How did England cheat exactly? The disputed goal was given by the officials and they scored another one anyway so no cheating involved there at all not like a certain Argentinian goal. If they had used VAR in 1966 and it had gone against England then they would have won 3 - 2 instead of 4 - 2. If they had VAR at the undisputed Maradonna handball goal then it would have been disallowed and he would have been carded and maybe changed the result, who knows.

Argentina goal disallowed - changed course of game

England goal disallowed - disnae matter, we scored another on a breakaway

Sound logic that

Mikey09
27-06-2018, 07:06 PM
What did he do that was racist? Or are we just throwing words like that around to score points?

Score points? Are we playing a game?

He made a racist gesture towards a group of young South Koreans. I'll let you guess what he did since you think we're playing for points... :rolleyes:

One Day Soon
27-06-2018, 07:09 PM
This thread should delete itself.

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 07:11 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-russia-diego-maradona-racist-gesture-video-south-korea-fans-racism-a8402626.html

Mikey09
27-06-2018, 07:12 PM
This thread should delete itself.

Why?

CockneyRebel
27-06-2018, 07:15 PM
No hero worship, I just have a different opinion to you. Sorry if that offends.

Don't do the meek bit it doesn't suit you and it doesn't work. I'm not offended by your opinion, maybe annoyed at how you express it and refuse to acknowledge that anyone else can have an opinion. The opinions on here are roughly divided into three camps. One says he's a great footballer and that absolves him from criticism. One says he's a great footballer but severely deficient as a person. The third one says he's a great footballer who abused his talent through his lifestyle and his cheating. That's three opinions and there may be one or more that I missed but they all have a sponsor so they are valid opinions. They can all be challenged of course which is why we are on here. None of these opinions are fact or gospel - they are just opinions. So believe whichever one you want and defend it if you wish. On this website their are thousands of opinions which I think are tosh - but that's just my opinion.

StirlingHibee
27-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Love the guy to bits. Mental - yes, obnoxious - yes, disrespectful - yes! But a wonderful footballer who has led a most extraordinary life and at the age of 25 achieved his life's goal - winning the 1986 world cup. I love his passion for his country and for his team. Feel lucky that I grew up to love Football while watching him in his prime. He has more flaws than most I guess - but who cares! Not me.

Ozyhibby
27-06-2018, 07:58 PM

Don’t know about raspiest but I’m pretty sure he shouted ‘Puto’ when he was giving the bird which is Spanish for faggot or fag, so not very PC.

One Day Soon
Why?

It's a bit crap, it's a candidate for the Holy Ground, the whole episode is debased in relevance because of the state the guy is now in - very like anything Gascoigne does - and frankly while I do think both that he's the greatest player in my book and that his behaviour is clearly wrong and unacceptable, I also find the media's prurient obsession with his decline pretty distasteful and largely an irrelevance that's best ignored.

Scouse Hibee
Love the guy to bits. Mental - yes, obnoxious - yes, disrespectful - yes! But a wonderful footballer who has led a most extraordinary life and at the age of 25 achieved his life's goal - winning the 1986 world cup. I love his passion for his country and for his team. Feel lucky that I grew up to love Football while watching him in his prime. He has more flaws than most I guess - but who cares! Not me.

Boak

The Baldmans Comb
27-06-2018, 08:10 PM

I would agree totally with this. Maradona was an extraordinary gifted player just surpassed in my opinion by both Messi and Ronaldo as the best ever attacking player ever seen.

Its quite refreshing to see his passion for his country in all sports not just football and he is rightly revered by most of the football world.

The English you can quite understand have never quite felt comfortable with his genius as they have been completely owned for 30 odd years by both the cheated goal,the wonder goal and the Hand of God quote.

They have every right to be bitter but they are in an absolute minority in world football and a country of very little international football significance despite having such a vibrant and exciting domestic league.

StirlingHibee
27-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Boak

I'm pretty new to this forum stuff and never really had an adverse reaction to anything I've posted before. In light of the above comment what do I do now??

Bristolhibby
27-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Don’t know about raspiest but I’m pretty sure he shouted ‘Puto’ when he was giving the bird which is Spanish for faggot or fag, so not very PC.

Puta means whore in Spanish.

J

Pretty Boy
27-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Puta means whore in Spanish.

J

Maradona was saying 'puto' though which is masculine, translated as fag or a variant of.

we are hibs
27-06-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty new to this forum stuff and never really had an adverse reaction to anything I've posted before. In light of the above comment what do I do now??

Post a picture of maradona heading the ball in against England :greengrin

TrinityHibs
27-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Boysaphanny :agree:

Pagan Hibernia
27-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Score points? Are we playing a game?

He made a racist gesture towards a group of young South Koreans. I'll let you guess what he did since you think we're playing for points... :rolleyes:

I was sure someone was playing a game given the hysterical reaction to Maradona’s over exuberant antics in the stand that were captured on the tv.

granted I hadn’t heard about the gesture to the Koreans. Which is completely indefensible if true.

Greentinted
27-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Wasnae born in 66 so means nothing to me

Putting the merits of wee Diego to the side for a bit...highlight of this thread is a chap from Merseyside using ‘wasnae’ in its written form! 😁
Well played Scouse, nice one!

SRHibs
27-06-2018, 08:28 PM
He’s a pure jakey.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2018, 08:31 PM

After Maradona's behaviour last night, the SFA compliance officer has handed Neil Lennon a 3 match suspension.

sleeping giant
27-06-2018, 08:31 PM

:hilarious

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Putting the merits of wee Diego to the side for a bit...highlight of this thread is a chap from Merseyside using ‘wasnae’ in its written form! 😁
Well played Scouse, nice one!

Aye,25 of my 50 years spent in Scotland, ya cannae tell though.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2018, 08:34 PM

Post a picture of yourself being beaten with a slipper.

MSK
27-06-2018, 08:43 PM
According to reports, doctors have found some blood in Maradona’s cocaine system 🤭

Slavers
27-06-2018, 08:44 PM
I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about Maradona. So he sniffed **** loads of cocaine and gave the fingers to some Nigerians and done the slanty eyes thing to Koreans, I suspect the fans who were on the receiving end will treasure those moments in time. They will never be insulted by such a legend ever again in their lives!

Hiber-nation
27-06-2018, 08:54 PM
I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about Maradona. So he sniffed **** loads of cocaine and gave the fingers to some Nigerians and done the slanty eyes thing to Koreans, I suspect the fans who were on the receiving end will treasure those moments in time. They will never be insulted by such a legend ever again in their lives!

On a par with your usual slavers.

superfurryhibby
27-06-2018, 08:56 PM

Sounds like the behaviours of our royal family on tour.

Slavers
27-06-2018, 09:10 PM
On a par with your usual slavers.

How?

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 09:16 PM
How?

:troll:

calumhibee1
27-06-2018, 09:20 PM
So he made racist gestures yet the cameras that were on him constantly throughout the game conveniently missed it. He was also inside his lounge snorting insane amounts of cocaine, and unless I've missed it, again, nobody seems to have any proof of it.. infact is anywhere even reporting it?

Slavers
27-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Sounds like the behaviours of our royal family on tour.

Naw I suspect the royals get up to much worse considering who they were close pals with.

CropleyWasGod
27-06-2018, 09:22 PM
So he made racist gestures yet the cameras that were on him constantly throughout the game conveniently missed it. He was also inside his lounge snorting insane amounts of cocaine, and unless I've missed it, again, nobody seems to have any proof of it.. infact is anywhere even reporting it?The racist stuff was reported by the BBC last week.

And in the Guardian....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-russia-diego-maradona-racist-gesture-video-south-korea-fans-racism-a8402626.html%3famp

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
27-06-2018, 09:23 PM
So he made racist gestures yet the cameras that were on him constantly throughout the game conveniently missed it. He was also inside his lounge snorting insane amounts of cocaine, and unless I've missed it, again, nobody seems to have any proof of it.. infact is anywhere even reporting it?

The racist gestures weren't at that game.

People saw his behaviour throughout the game.

BullsCloseHibs
27-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Legend. Always and forever! 😁

Barman Stanton
28-06-2018, 06:25 AM
Maradona is just Maradona. People may complain but look how many rare talking about him around the world. The game needs people like him. Most genius’s are flawed.

calumhibee1
28-06-2018, 06:39 AM
The racist gestures weren't at that game.

People saw his behaviour throughout the game.

Ah that makes more sense then!

Jim44
28-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Maradona is just Maradona. People may complain but look how many rare talking about him around the world. The game needs people like him. Most genius’s are flawed.

......... just like most cliches are flawed. :greengrin Nah, he’s just a thick, ignorant ****hole.

28-06-2018, 06:45 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/nov/18/scotlandfootballteam-argentina

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8x_cgP6vA

basehibby
28-06-2018, 07:15 AM
His hands are those of a deity and if he wants to stick every digit on them up the OP's erchie then he has a free pass from me :not worth:not worth:not worth

IGRIGI
28-06-2018, 07:23 AM

I forgot that joker was involved in the national squad at one point, boak inducing reading.

Pagan Hibernia
28-06-2018, 07:39 AM

i suspect butchers real problem is less the hand of god and more the fact he was made to look a proper tit in front of the whole world with the second goal, a goal he knows will be replayed forever as long as the game is played

Johnny Clash
28-06-2018, 07:49 AM
He’s attempted to excuse his offensive eye gesture to the young Korean fans by posting on Facebook that he was trying to convey his pleasure at seeing one of them wearing an Argentina top. A simple thumbs up would have done ... but what’s a 57 year old doing on Facebook anyway!

Jim44
28-06-2018, 09:07 AM
He’s attempted to excuse his offensive eye gesture to the young Korean fans by posting on Facebook that he was trying to convey his pleasure at seeing one of them wearing an Argentina top. A simple thumbs up would have done ... but what’s a 57 year old doing on Facebook anyway!

In a way, an effort to excuse his behaviour makes it even worse, as it suggests he consciously knew what he was doing and that it wasn’t just the ignorant actions of a dodo. And, by the way, leave out the ageism, eh? :greengrin

Johnny Clash
28-06-2018, 09:20 AM
In a way, an effort to excuse his behaviour makes it even worse, as it suggests he consciously knew what he was doing and that it wasn’t just the ignorant actions of a dodo. And, by the way, leave out the ageism, eh? :greengrin

Fair play Jim - he’s only 3 years older than me though so my tongue was firmly in my cheek!

I do like characters and especially radgers but no place for moronic rascism.

Bad Martini
28-06-2018, 11:25 AM

Word is, Maradonna has Kenny Dalglish posters on his wall. :wink:

So does Pele. :wink:

And George Best said the King was beyond greatness or similar. :aok:

That, and my eyes, will do for me. :aok:

The only thing the King didn't do was punch a goal into the net against England (he did nutmeg Clemence at Hampden tho) and that'll do nicely too :greengrin

Dalglish. The King.

ENDOF

Pagan Hibernia
28-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Word is, Maradonna has Kenny Dalglish posters on his wall. :wink:

So does Pele. :wink:

And George Best said the King was beyond greatness or similar. :aok:

That, and my eyes, will do for me. :aok:

The only thing the King didn't do was punch a goal into the net against England (he did nutmeg Clemence at Hampden tho) and that'll do nicely too :greengrin

Dalglish. The King.

ENDOF

fair enough. You, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion. I also have eyes though, and while I’m not old enough to have seen George Best I certainly am old enough to remember Maradona’s genius. There was nothing like him.

Hibbyradge
28-06-2018, 12:52 PM
but what’s a 57 year old doing on Facebook anyway!

WoreTheGreen
28-06-2018, 12:57 PM

Jeza Kyle said facebook is pish that’s good enough for me

poolman
28-06-2018, 01:02 PM

After Maradona's behaviour last night, the SFA compliance officer has handed Neil Lennon a 3 match suspension.

:tee hee:

YanYansen
28-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, so prepared to concede I am missing something.

But I really don't get all the wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding someone who was once a footballer but now a passionate fan of his country going radge when they score a last-minute pearler to make the knockout round of a World Cup. I know if it was me, and it was Scotland, I'd be going utterly berserk too. So he gave the opposition fans the finger? So ****in what, man. I do worse every Huns game, and quite often do worse when we score against the Kilmarnocks of the world if it's been a tight game.

Still my favourite player ever, and still a Grade A, rags-to-riches, no-****s-given badass, in my humble opinion. Viva El Diez!

Mikey09
28-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, so prepared to concede I am missing something.

But I really don't get all the wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding someone who was once a footballer but now a passionate fan of his country going radge when they score a last-minute pearler to make the knockout round of a World Cup. I know if it was me, and it was Scotland, I'd be going utterly berserk too. So he gave the opposition fans the finger? So ****in what, man. I do worse every Huns game, and quite often do worse when we score against the Kilmarnocks of the world if it's been a tight game.

Still my favourite player ever, and still a Grade A, rags-to-riches, no-****s-given badass, in my humble opinion. Viva El Diez!

Again... It wasn't his celebration that was the problem for me. It's the casual racism and class A drug taking. There's even footage of him dishing out the stuff to a fan FFS. But hey, if that makes him a "badass" in your eyes then bash on.