PDA

View Full Version : 2018/19 First Team

theonlywayisup
27-06-2018, 12:24 PM
So who's confirmed for the 2018/19 season. No rumours please - there's already a thread for that.

Goalkeeper:
Marciano
Laidlaw

Defence:
Gray
Whitakker
Hanlon
Stevenson
McGregor
Ambrose
Porteous

Midfield:
Bartley
McGinn
Slivka
Swanson
F. Murray

Forwards:
Boyle
Kamberi
Shaw
S. Murray

Is that it or have I missed out anyone? This assumes all the loanees will return to their own club and the McGeouch will be away when his contract ends.

ian cruise
27-06-2018, 12:29 PM
So who's confirmed for the 2018/19 season. No rumours please - there's already a thread for that.

Goalkeeper:
Marciano
Laidlaw

Defence:
Gray
Whitakker
Hanlon
Stevenson
McGregor
Ambrose
Porteous

Midfield:
Bartley
McGinn
Slivka
Swanson
F. Murray

Forwards:
Boyle
Kamberi
Shaw
S. Murray

Is that it or have I missed out anyone? This assumes all the loanees will return to their own club and the McGeouch will be away when his contract ends.

Not terrible, enough there for first tie in Europe but need to strengthen for start of the season. Exciting times ahead.

scoopyboy
27-06-2018, 12:31 PM

Goalkeeper:
Marciano
Laidlaw

Defence:
Gray
Whitakker
Hanlon
Stevenson
McGregor
Ambrose
Porteous

Midfield:
Bartley
McGinn
Slivka
Swanson
F. Murray

Forwards:
Boyle
Kamberi
Shaw
S. Murray

Pretty much it, and even at that Fraser Murray, Ryan Porteous and Ollie Shaw are pretty inexperienced, and it's widely predicted that John McGinn and Simon Murray will be away.

Signings required.

patlowe
27-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Midfield and forward line certainly need a bit of work as priorities, with the caveat that a number of players (eg Whittaker and Boyle) can be considered in several positions.

Centre Hawf
27-06-2018, 01:47 PM
It's not as bad as I initially thought, it should be enough for the first tie of Europa but I'd like to get some futures sorted.

Squealing pig
27-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Its 3 or 4 players away imo very light in midfield

Greencore
27-06-2018, 01:55 PM
i would keep 4 of our 7 defenders.

1van Sprou7e
27-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Be happy to replace gray and Whittaker if there are upgrades available but the others are definitely worth keeping imo

Smartie
27-06-2018, 02:43 PM

I would keep 7 of them.

We've got enough to get through the first Euro tie, but I don't think we have enough to get through the second one. Greek teams are no mugs, and it will be roasting over there for the away leg.

I've been patient up until now, but if we leave it much longer before addressing the midfield and forward areas then we'll struggle to have players up to speed in time for that game.

Although with the Greek league starting later, they might find themselves rustier than us.