PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle to zante flights

SChibs
26-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Has anyone else booked flights to zante for the 2nd round tie from Newcastle? I've seen some that go out on the Wednesday and back the saturday. Only problem is the flight comes back in at 11pm so I'd be looking to share travel back up to Edinburgh if possible.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Has anyone else booked flights to zante for the 2nd round tie from Newcastle? I've seen some that go out on the Wednesday and back the Friday. Only problem is the flight comes back in at 11pm so I'd be looking to share travel back up to Edinburgh if possible.

I saw them and decent prices, but the times aren't at all good.

Leeds flight are better.

SChibs
26-06-2018, 08:04 PM

Leeds flight are better.

I actually meant to say gets back saturday not Friday but I think we are still talking about the same flight. Newcastle ones slightly cheaper and Newcastle would be cheaper and easier to get to. I agree about the timings of the Leeds flights though

HH81
26-06-2018, 08:06 PM

Leeds flight are better.

Which flights are you on?

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 08:06 PM

Leeds flight are better.

Only if you live near Leeds

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Only if you live near Leeds

It depends if you value getting home on the Saturday.

The return flight arrives at 3.55pm. Plenty time to get a train home via York and have a couple of hours in the pub before bedtime.

Newcastle flight lands at 2305. Even if you drive, you're not getting back till 2.00am at the earliest.

And if you are driving, it'll be a long day without being able to drink.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 08:28 PM
It depends if you value getting home on the Saturday.

The return flight arrives at 3.55pm. Plenty time to get a train home via York and have a couple of hours in the pub before bedtime.

Newcastle flight lands at 2305. Even if you drive, you're not getting back till 2.00am at the earliest.

And if you are driving, it'll be a long day without being able to drink.

Good shout, thanks

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:30 PM
I知 on this flight with one other mate heading down by train if you fancy going down together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FifeHibs
26-06-2018, 08:34 PM
I知 on this flight with one other mate heading down by train if you fancy going down together

Are you flying from Leeds mate

SChibs
26-06-2018, 08:36 PM

I'll give you a shout if I go ahead and book it. What are your plans for getting back?

tam4hibs
26-06-2018, 08:39 PM
How would you get from Zante to the game? If there's nowhere to stay there- more importantly how would you get back as I doubt the ferries are all night...?

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:41 PM
No I知 going Newcastle bud. Got the train from Edinburgh 」12 one way flights to zante and hotel for 3 night 」357.

On coming back we are just gonna get a cheap hotel in the toon and continue the party for hibs progress into the 3rd round.... [emoji16]🤞🏻[emoji1317]

SChibs
26-06-2018, 08:42 PM
How would you get from Zante to the game? If there's nowhere to stay there- more importantly how would you get back as I doubt the ferries are all night...?

Just trying to sort flights out first. If I can't get to the country and back then there's no point in looking at accommodation. If worst comes to worst I'd just need to get a taxi to another town or something

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:44 PM

We were renting a motor and driving... then gonna sleep in the motor after the game and drive back the following day.

That痴 worst case

SChibs
26-06-2018, 08:46 PM
We were renting a motor and driving... then gonna sleep in the motor after the game and drive back the following day.

That痴 worst case

There's a hotel available on booking.com for 90 quid for the night just now if you are interested

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 08:50 PM

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Zakynthos/Tripoli-Greece

There is still accommodation to be found in Tripoli.

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:57 PM
There's a hotel available on booking.com for 90 quid for the night just now if you are interested

Thanks bud I知 hoping to jump in with HR but if that falls through I値l have a peak

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]