PDA

View Full Version : Car from Zante plus overnight accommodation in Tripoli after the game - £75ish

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 05:10 PM
All of the following is typed with fingers firmly crossed and is jinx-free. :greengrin

2 of us have booked flights to Zante on Wednesday 1 Aug returning on Saturday the 4th.

Our plan is to stay on the island overnight then catch the ferry to Kyllini on the morning of the game where we'll pick up a hire car and drive to Tripoli.

I have booked 2 twin rooms for the night of the game in the Mainalon Resort which is just over a mile from stadium. (There were initially 4 of us interested in the trip which is why I booked 2 rooms).

We'll drive back to Kyllini in the morning.

Depending on which car we choose, we'll probably get a bigger one if there are 4 of us, the hire will be around £120. It's about a 250 mile round trip so fuel should be less than £40 and there are some toll roads, but I'm not sure how much they cost. I wouldn't have thought they would be very high, say £20.

So, unless I've missed anything the total cost for the car would be about £180. If there are 4 of us, it's £45 each.

Each room room in the Mainalon cost £60 so that's £30 each.

It would make sense for the same people who travel with us to use the second room so total the cost would be around £75. However, if you'd be interested in just sharing the car or just the accommodation, get in touch.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 05:21 PM
I've just reserved a VW Polo for £90. That'll be fine for two 125 mile journeys, even with 4 folk, so the cost should be even less.

They do try to hit you for excess insurance cover, but it's only for 1 day so it won't be much if we take it.

Iggy Pope
26-06-2018, 06:41 PM
I've just reserved a VW Polo for £90. That'll be fine for two 125 mile journeys, even with 4 folk, so the cost should be even less.

They do try to hit you for excess insurance cover, but it's only for 1 day so it won't be much if we take it.

Home and away legs been confirmed yet irrespective of Hibs getting through?

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 06:42 PM

I thought that they had.

All my bookings are cancelable, except the flights, so the worst that can happen is a wee holiday on Zante with the game on Hibs TV!

Iggy Pope
26-06-2018, 06:44 PM
I thought that they had.

Not sure Ive seen this big fellah but you might be right.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2018, 07:05 PM

Not confirmed by Hibs as yet. Not seen it anywhere else

marinello59
26-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Not confirmed by Hibs as yet. Not seen it anywhere else

It doesn’t need confirmed. The draw stands, there is no conflicting game.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2018, 07:23 PM

Cool, cheers

Iggy Pope
26-06-2018, 07:23 PM

Confirmed then. Ta.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2018, 07:50 PM
There is another game in Athens on 2nd August. How do UEFA decide if both teams play same night?

JeMeSouviens
26-06-2018, 07:51 PM
There is another game in Athens on 2nd August. How do UEFA decide if both teams play same night?

Tripolis is 2 hours from Athens.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Tripolis is 2 hours from Athens.

I know, but they might not want c 1,000 Hibs fans in Athens with the other teams?

B.H.F.C
26-06-2018, 08:00 PM

Don’t think it should be an issue. We play at home on the same night as The Rangers in the competition. Glasgow is a lot closer to Edinburgh than Tripoli is to Athens.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Don’t think it should be an issue. We play at home on the same night as The Rangers in the competition. Glasgow is a lot closer to Edinburgh than Tripoli is to Athens.

Never thought of that, fair enough:aok:

Bristolhibby
26-06-2018, 08:04 PM

This. The game will go ahead as planned.

J

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 08:07 PM
This. The game will go ahead as planned.

J

We’ve got a game to win before this round

B.H.F.C
26-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Never thought of that, fair enough:aok:

That’s what I’m hoping anyway since I’ve taken the gamble on flights out!

Athens is obviously a big place which deals with thousands of folk coming and going every day so hopefully it’s not an issue.

B.H.F.C
26-06-2018, 08:11 PM
We’ve got a game to win before this round

Let’s not let silly things like that get in the way of us booking our holidays eh!

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Let’s not let silly things like that get in the way of us booking our holidays eh!

Enjoy your holiday

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:48 PM
All of the following is typed with fingers firmly crossed and is jinx-free. :greengrin

2 of us have booked flights to Zante on Wednesday 1 Aug returning on Saturday the 4th.

Our plan is to stay on the island overnight then catch the ferry to Kyllini on the morning of the game where we'll pick up a hire car and drive to Tripoli.

I have booked 2 twin rooms for the night of the game in the Mainalon Resort which is just over a mile from stadium. (There were initially 4 of us interested in the trip which is why I booked 2 rooms).

We'll drive back to Kyllini in the morning.

Depending on which car we choose, we'll probably get a bigger one if there are 4 of us, the hire will be around £120. It's about a 250 mile round trip so fuel should be less than £40 and there are some toll roads, but I'm not sure how much they cost. I wouldn't have thought they would be very high, say £20.

So, unless I've missed anything the total cost for the car would be about £180. If there are 4 of us, it's £45 each.

Each room room in the Mainalon cost £60 so that's £30 each.

It would make sense for the same people who travel with us to use the second room so total the cost would be around £75. However, if you'd be interested in just sharing the car or just the accommodation, get in touch.

Alright HR,

I’ll take you up on this two of us heading so would be good for us and better than kipping in the hire car [emoji23]

Gogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Alright HR,

I’ll take you up on this two of us heading so would be good for us and better than kipping in the hire car [emoji23]

Gogs

I think you're right.

I'll be in touch once the first leg is in the bag.

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:58 PM
I think you're right.

I'll be in touch once the first leg is in the bag.

Perfect mate!! [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]