26-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Wheres Georgie Best on the list?

MrSmith
26-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Wheres Georgie Best on the list?

In the pub ;D

Greentinted
26-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Would have thought Steve Archibald is ‘notable’ given that the 100 appearances isn’t a strict requisite. (Or have I missed him?)

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/forwards/steve-archibald

Dunno how to hyperlink using phone but daresay copy and pasting isn’t too hard.

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Hanlon could easily go on to become the club record appearance holder.

MrSmith
26-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Hanlon could easily go on to become the club record appearance holder.

That is what I was looking for. I get that Wiki is here and there but was interested to see who held our club record on appearances. My colleague informed me that Billy McNeill appeared for Celtic 820 and was never substituted. Interesting fact and could be a UK record for a footballer?

Oscar T Grouch
26-06-2018, 01:50 PM
That is what I was looking for. I get that Wiki is here and there but was interested to see who held our club record on appearances. My colleague informed me that Billy McNeill appeared for Celtic 820 and was never substituted. Interesting fact and could be a UK record for a footballer?

Certainly not the appearances record, Shilton got well over 1000 games in his career. Given substitutes weren't in the game when Billy McNeil started playing for Celtic it isn't a surprise, but still an interesting fact.

Just checked, Shilton played 1390 games, thats over club and international football. It certainly looks like McNeils record for 1 club is the best though

Sammy7nil
26-06-2018, 09:06 PM
It is strange we have only had one English international play for us and he was Scottish :greengrin

marjoriebanks
26-06-2018, 09:08 PM
It is strange we have only had one English international play for us and he was Scottish :greengrin

Butch Wilkins?

oneone73
26-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Butch Wilkins?

The list is capped while playing with us.

marjoriebanks
26-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Butch Wilkins?

Sorry just noticed that it was when they were at Hibs 😴

Galahibby
26-06-2018, 09:47 PM
I have literally no recollection of Jonatan Johansson ever playing for us. Did that really happen? 🤔

nonshinyfinish
26-06-2018, 11:53 PM
I have literally no recollection of Jonatan Johansson ever playing for us. Did that really happen? 🤔

I remember it. Ignorance is bliss.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-06-2018, 02:18 AM

Mixu signing with a decent pedigree. Didn’t really work out zero goals iirc.

HoboHarry
27-06-2018, 02:22 AM
Well he was seen in a Hibs jersey on nine occasions according to Wiki but to say he played for us would be a stretch.........

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2018, 06:19 AM
I had to take a double take on this myself as my memory is normally quite good when it comes to ex HIBS players. It must have been a good idea at the time but for some reason did not work out. He married a Scottish girl who is a TV presenter journalist. I recall she is quite tidy. Wikidpedia say he is now a coach with the Hun so has now moved back over to the dark side.

Sir David Gray
27-06-2018, 06:23 AM
Mixu signing with a decent pedigree. Didn’t really work out zero goals iirc.

Yep think I remember him scoring in a friendly at East End Park but that was it as far as I'm aware.

weecounty hibby
27-06-2018, 07:43 AM
I remember being quite excited when he signed as he had been a pretty good player. Total let down!

Paisley Hibby
27-06-2018, 12:03 PM
I remember being quite excited when he signed as he had been a pretty good player. Total let down!
Yes - unfortunately we signed him after his use by date.

tamig
27-06-2018, 11:18 PM
I had to take a double take on this myself as my memory is normally quite good when it comes to ex HIBS players. It must have been a good idea at the time but for some reason did not work out. He married a Scottish girl who is a TV presenter journalist. I recall she is quite tidy. Wikidpedia say he is now a coach with the Hun so has now moved back over to the dark side.

He was Murty’s assistant last season.

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2018, 11:39 PM
He was Murty’s assistant last season.
He was originally appointed as an Assistant Coach to Pedro Caixinha so I assume Murty inherited him. As Steven Gerrard has appointed Gary McAllister as his partner in crime and there is no trace of Johansson on Rangers FC website-strangely I could not find a The Rangers FC website - I can only come to the sad conclusion for him that he has been bulleted.Still,has a tidy Mrs though!

:thumbsup:

PatHead
28-06-2018, 06:18 AM
Sat next to JJ at the Scotland v England match at Hampden. Didn’t know who he was when I sat down and had to ask as folk were coming up and asking him for selfies. When I got chatting to him I asked what he was doing these days. He told me he was first team coach at Rangers. I couldn’t resist and asked him if that was the new club formed a few years before. Don’t think he was amused though he did carry on chatting. He didn’t jump about like an idiot when Leigh scores his second though so **** him. Always thought of him as a wage thief at Easter Road.