PDA

View Full Version : Question Buses from zante??!

edinburghhibee
25-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Hello,

I’ve booked flights to zante rather than paying the inflated prices to Athens. I see some members of hibs.net have sorted a couple buses from Athens to tripoli.

Are there any buses planned for traveling from zante as at the moment I’m thinking renting a motor and sleeping in the car after the game and it’s gonna akin me £140+£40 for the ferry on top of fuel, flights and accommodation.

Just looking to keep costs down for more beer tokens!!

Thanks

Gogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanyman
25-06-2018, 09:25 PM
I'd fly to Zante. You me and Dupree then ?

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 08:34 AM
Otherwise if there’s others staying in laganas and need a lift we could look into sharing a mini bus which I can get 7 seater for €200

aazza91
26-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Theres a few of us looking to book up this weekend and keeping our options open.

Seen cheap flights to Zante. What dates are you flying?

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 09:50 AM
I've booked to go to Zante with a mate on the 1st.

We're open to suggestions as to how we get to the game.

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Theres a few of us looking to book up this weekend and keeping our options open.

Seen cheap flights to Zante. What dates are you flying?

I’m on the flight from Newcastle in the 1st leaving the 4th and staying in laganas... for the afterparty [emoji23]

Our plan was to just sleep in a rental car in tripoli after the game as there’s no accommodation in Tripoli that we can see. And then return the following day to zante

greglauder
26-06-2018, 12:54 PM
I've got a quote for a 19 seat mini bus from the port kyllini to Tripoli on the day of the game for €560 at the moment. There are 4 of us going so would need a full bus to make it worth the cost.

Currently looking for other quotes to see if this is reasonable

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 12:58 PM
I've got a quote for a 19 seat mini bus from the port kyllini to Tripoli on the day of the game for €560 at the moment. There are 4 of us going so would need a full bus to make it worth the cost.

Returning straight after the game?

hibeerealist
26-06-2018, 01:40 PM

HI,

Looking at Zante now there may be 2/3 of us what sort of time would we need to leave Zante and I suppose we will not get back Thursday so overnight stay required?

HibeeDaz6270
26-06-2018, 02:57 PM
4 of us booked and staying in laganas from Sunday 29th

Ideally we would be hoping to travel to Tripoli the day before game

We have 2 rooms booked in Tripoli so only looking to travel one way

Would be interested in a bus if can manage to run one

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 03:05 PM
HI,

Looking at Zante now there may be 2/3 of us what sort of time would we need to leave Zante and I suppose we will not get back Thursday so overnight stay required?

There's no accommodation near the port and the first ferry isn't till 7.15am so coming straight back after the game isn't really feasible. I know some people like hanging about the docks late at night, but not at our age! :greengrin

Hiring a car and a night in Tripoli would be the next option for us, probably.

it's not cheap, but there will only be 2 of us, so we'll likely be looking for others to share the car and the cost.

I've also got 2 rooms booked in Tripoli for the night of the game (free cancellation), so that might be a tasty wee package for a couple of folk. :aok:

I'll see how the bus pans out first.

greglauder
26-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Returning straight after the game?

We're flying home from Athens so only looked into 1 way travel

Hibbyradge
26-06-2018, 04:16 PM
We're flying home from Athens so only looked into 1 way travel

Ah, I see.

Not for us, in that case.

18Hibee75
26-06-2018, 04:22 PM

I would be interested in this bus. Me and four others 👍

edinburghhibee
26-06-2018, 07:34 PM
There's no accommodation near the port and the first ferry isn't till 7.15am so coming straight back after the game isn't really feasible. I know some people like hanging about the docks late at night, but not at our age! :greengrin

Hiring a car and a night in Tripoli would be the next option for us, probably.

it's not cheap, but there will only be 2 of us, so we'll likely be looking for others to share the car and the cost.

I've also got 2 rooms booked in Tripoli for the night of the game (free cancellation), so that might be a tasty wee package for a couple of folk. :aok:

I'll see how the bus pans out first.

There’s 2 of us going as well we were just gonna sleep in the motor. If you want we can car share we are at laganas

HibeeDaz6270
26-06-2018, 08:06 PM

What day do you plan to travel? We are also flying home from Athens so only need one way travel

4 of us .

greglauder
26-06-2018, 08:14 PM
What day do you plan to travel? We are also flying home from Athens so only need one way travel

4 of us .

arrive in Zante on the 1st so can only really travel to Tripoli on the day of the game. Emailed a few bus companies today for prices to see what they get back with.

Flying out of Athens on 3rd.

HibeeDaz6270
28-06-2018, 02:38 PM

What company gave you thus quote?

Treeman
28-06-2018, 10:20 PM
What company gave you thus quote?
We are in Zante for a week and would be interested in a bus from Kyllini.We have two rooms booked in Tripolis after game and one may be spare, bus back on Friday to ferry ?

HibeeDaz6270
28-06-2018, 10:53 PM
We are in Zante for a week and would be interested in a bus from Kyllini.We have two rooms booked in Tripolis after game and one may be spare, bus back on Friday to ferry ?

we are looking to head to tripolis on the Wednesday if interested in that. 4 of us.

We however are one way, as flying back from Athens.

Treeman
29-06-2018, 07:12 PM
we are looking to head to tripolis on the Wednesday if interested in that. 4 of us.

We however are one way, as flying back from Athens.

Two of us going but think morning of the game (early) is our preferred day , hopefully sharing transport and getting to Tripolis around 1 or 2 pm.