PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CHARTER FLIGHT DETAILS FOR SUPPORTERS

RSS Bot
25-06-2018, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8878)

Hermit Crab
25-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Hibernian are delighted to offer a limited number of spaces to supporters on our club chartered flight to the Faroe Islands to take on NSÍ Runavík in the UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round 2nd leg.

The package is FLIGHT ONLY, but includes optional transfer on arrival at Vargur airport to Torshavn and mandatory transfer by coach from the stadium back to the airport after the match finishes.

Please note that the package does not include match ticket, accommodation or travel insurance, and supporters will be expected to organise this for themselves. Tickets for the match are to be bought at the gate on the evening of the match, we are unable to secure tickets in advance of the game but are advised that the cost is expected to be around DKr 100,- (approx £12).

Flight details are as follows:

DATE

ETD

FROM

TO

ETA

17 July 2018

22:55

Edinburgh Airport (EDI)

Vargar Airport (FAE)

00:15 +1

20 July 2018

00:55

Vargar Airport (FAE)

Edinburgh Airport (EDI)

02:15 +1

Price is £550 per person for the return flight and transfer(s).
Supporters wishing to book should contact Heather Malcolm – 01294 480260 or email: heather.malcolm@yourholidaybooking.com.

On booking, please advise if you will be taking the optional transfer on arrival from the airport to Torshavn. Once again, supporters are reminded that the coach back to the airport will leave straight after the match.

The Faroe Islands are situated half way between Norway and Iceland and 200 miles north north-west of Scotland. To find out more, please visit www.visitfaroeislands.com (http://www.visitfaroeislands.com/)

H18 SFR
25-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Pretty rubbish deal other than its direct flights.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-06-2018, 03:50 PM
£550, no digs included, you need digs for 2 nights on top of £550.Not sure there will be a lot of interest in this.

It will appeal to a few, no doubt.
No hotels available just now, but more will become available, there are probably a good few rooms being held that will get released once people finalise plans, e.g. I know someone with 3 hotels booked.

HH81
25-06-2018, 03:56 PM
The price of the charter won't change no matter how many spare seats so why not just fill them up with fans who want to get to the game. No need to overprice it.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Pretty rubbish deal other than its direct flights.

It’s not Hibs fault we’ve been sent to a place with little transport connections

H18 SFR
25-06-2018, 04:01 PM
It’s not Hibs fault we’ve been sent to a place with little transport connections

Easy now, no mention of Hibs, fault or transport connections. As I said, it's a pretty rubbish deal, not going to dress it up as anything it's not.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Easy now, no mention of Hibs, fault or transport connections. As I said, it's a pretty rubbish deal, not going to dress it up as anything it's not.

I’d love to go on it, but it’s too expensive for me. Is it pretty rubbish because of the cost you mean?
Not having a go at you, but looks like Hibs have had to hire an aircraft in peak season, and to a place off the beaten track for some airlines!
That’s where the cost is

H18 SFR
25-06-2018, 04:10 PM
I’d love to go on it, but it’s too expensive for me. Is it pretty rubbish because of the cost you mean?
Not having a go at you, but looks like Hibs have had to hire an aircraft in peak season, and to a place off the beaten track for some airlines!
That’s where the cost is

Just generally, cost, accommodation, extra for initial transfer, arrival time. It's a shame it's not been the destination/draw most craved.

SteveHFC
25-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Would be good if Hibs done a charter flight for Greece for the day of the game if we get through.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Would be good if Hibs done a charter flight for Greece for the day of the game if we get through.Could only do that for fans. The team needs to be there 24 hours before kick off .

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Mikey
25-06-2018, 04:16 PM
The price of the charter won't change no matter how many spare seats so why not just fill them up with fans who want to get to the game. No need to overprice it.

How much is the charter costing the club?

SChibs
25-06-2018, 04:19 PM

When you factor in charter of the plane, traveling staff accommodation, transfers, meals etc it must add up to a fair whack

Hibbyradge
25-06-2018, 04:27 PM
I would probably be up for that if there was accommodation available.

pollution
25-06-2018, 04:41 PM
i hope the pilots know where The Faroe Islands are!! 200 miles from Scotland?

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 04:42 PM
i hope the pilots know where The Faroe Islands are!! 200 miles from Scotland?

Think they mean from the North West tip of Scotland

HH81
25-06-2018, 04:52 PM

No idea but it would be the same with or without fans I would have thought?

Don't they get over 200k even if lose the tie? Plenty of profit to be made in ticket and prize money.

Brightside
25-06-2018, 05:00 PM

Don't they get over 200k even if lose the tie? Plenty of profit to be made in ticket and prize money.

So are you suggesting the club should just give some lucky fans a lift?

HH81
25-06-2018, 05:03 PM
So are you suggesting the club should just give some lucky fans a lift?

No I think £250 to 300 a head would be fair enough.

B.H.F.C
25-06-2018, 05:05 PM
If they fill it at that price then fair enough - I don’t imagine there is a massive number of seats to fill.

It’d be a shame if there were empty seats on it given the lack of travel options available for this one.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 05:07 PM
If they fill it at that price then fair enough - I don’t imagine there is a massive number of seats to fill.

It’d be a shame if there were empty seats on it given the lack of travel options available for this one.

Be interesting to know the size of the plane. Think someone on here said Hibs initially had a 32 seater. Players and coaching staff would have filled that alone!
Wonder what they’ve ungraded too

Mikey
25-06-2018, 05:10 PM

How much profit is the club making on the plane?

bod
25-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Hope the media are paying £550 each as well.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Hope the media are paying £550 each as well.

They usually pay a lot more, but most of them will all be away to watch the Gerrard love in

CraigHibee
25-06-2018, 05:28 PM
would have done it had i not been leaving for my holiday on the 15th

HH81
25-06-2018, 05:47 PM
How much profit is the club making on the plane?

Apart from plane companies who makes profits out of planes? You use planes to get to places?

Centre Hawf
25-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Far too expensive. Guess I’ll be supporting from home.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 05:53 PM
No I think £250 to 300 a head would be fair enough.The quotes from the FB groups were a lot more than that. IIRC, 450 was the cheapest.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 05:58 PM
The quotes from the FB groups were a lot more than that. IIRC, 450 was the cheapest.

It was, but that was probably the cost of a plane lying idle on the tarmac, until after the game

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 06:13 PM
It was, but that was probably the cost of a plane lying idle on the tarmac, until after the gameIf the club charter isn't sitting on the tarmac, it will probably be flying empty to somewhere else.... and then flying back empty. Those costs have to be factored into the amount the club is being charged.

The club also has to have one eye on the potential costs of the next round, which will be considerably more.

Hermit Crab
25-06-2018, 06:15 PM
If the club charter isn't sitting on the tarmac, it will probably be flying empty to somewhere else.... and then flying back empty. Those costs have to be factored into the amount the club is being charged.

The club also has to have one eye on the potential costs of the next round, which will be considerably more.

The will team bank about a quarter of a million for winning this tie though.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 06:19 PM
The will team bank about a quarter of a million for winning this tie though.Maybe. But the next tie is going to cost a lot more, if we make it there. It makes sense to look at the two ties as an overall package.

Hermit Crab
25-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Maybe. But the next tie is going to cost a lot more, if we make it there. It makes sense to look at the two ties as an overall package.

I think the club will bank £285k if they win the next tie as well.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Maybe. But the next tie is going to cost a lot more, if we make it there. It makes sense to look at the two ties as an overall package.

But we’ll get a much bigger home gate if we get through, all swings and roundabouts

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 06:25 PM
But we’ll get a much bigger home gate if we get through, all swings and roundaboutsAll of which will have been factored into the calculations..... Which will lead back to the amount fans are being charged for the charter. [emoji6]

Kojock
25-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Was going to go but accommodation is the problem, crazy prices for Torshvan with very limited availability. Anybody going got any advice on where to stay.?

Gorebridge Hibb
25-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Was going to go but accommodation is the problem, crazy prices for Torshvan with very limited availability. Anybody going got any advice on where to stay.?

Booked my Dad and I on this, pricey but gets us there and we’ll have best part of two full days in the Faroes and a guaranteed transfer back to the airport right after the match. Got a room booked for 2 nights via Air BnB. 15 min walk from the bus terminus in Torshavn. Need to find transport to the ground on the day but there’s two other folk we know staying nearby who are also on the charter so might get a taxi and split it four ways. Hope it’ll be easier to book for the next round....

bod
25-06-2018, 06:42 PM
not Goingto this but was at the last Scotland game there ,we got a speed boat over to the game & back ,worth considering if there’s a few of you .enjoy the trip

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Booked my Dad and I on this, pricey but gets us there and we’ll have best part of two full days in the Faroes and a guaranteed transfer back to the airport right after the match. Got a room booked for 2 nights via Air BnB. 15 min walk from the bus terminus in Torshavn. Need to find transport to the ground on the day but there’s two other folk we know staying nearby who are also on the charter so might get a taxi and split it four ways. Hope it’ll be easier to book for the next round....
Lucky you!
If you scroll through some of the threads, Aldo07 is organising a bus from Torshavn to the game. Maybe find it and send him a message

Gorebridge Hibb
25-06-2018, 07:03 PM

Wilson
25-06-2018, 07:04 PM

All the more expensive if you did it twice.

Gorebridge Hibb
25-06-2018, 07:09 PM
All the more expensive if you did it twice.

Touché.

Mikey
25-06-2018, 07:27 PM
All of which will have been factored into the calculations..... Which will lead back to the amount fans are being charged for the charter. [emoji6]

You always have to complicate things, don't you.

We might not know the cost of the plane, or how much profit the club is making, but we do know that they're over charging the fans.

Get with the script!

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 07:30 PM

We might not know the cost of the plane, or how much profit the club is making, but we do know that they're over charging the fans.

Get with the script!

Sorry, guv. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
25-06-2018, 07:49 PM
No I think £250 to 300 a head would be fair enough.

Why do that when every one of those seats will sell at the price they have set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
25-06-2018, 07:57 PM

Chum of mine has fixed up an airbnb (whatever that is) for £65 per head per night.
Not cheap.
But not too bad either.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Chum of mine has fixed up an airbnb (whatever that is) for £65 per head per night.
Not cheap.
But not too bad either.It's a bit like air guitar.

dp00
25-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Why is there assumption that the club are trying to make money out of it ?

Could it maybe be a case they have simply just split the total cost by the amount of seat ? So in theory club are paying the same per person they take

Equally the price they are charged could be a per person ? Given more people will equal more fuel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
26-06-2018, 06:48 AM
It's not much more expensive than any of the scheduled trips I've looked at and cheaper than some.

Gorebridge Hibb
26-06-2018, 06:51 AM
It's not much more expensive than any of the scheduled trips I've looked at and cheaper than some.

Agreed.... flight times mean that i'll only need Wednesday and Thursday off work and will just go in late on the Friday. Hoping i'll need more leave for the next round or 3...

pollution
26-06-2018, 11:13 AM
not Goingto this but was at the last Scotland game there ,we got a speed boat over to the game & back ,worth considering if there’s a few of you .enjoy the trip

It's only 200 miles each way, after all

GORDONSMITH7
26-06-2018, 06:27 PM

Get with the script!

Are you going yourself amigo?

BIG G

RMQ1967
26-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Booked on the flight and got a bed for a couple of nights in a dorm of 4 at Giljanes Hostel in Sandavagur (around 60GBP for the 2 nights).

Looks like it's 10 mins from the airport and around 1 hour to Torshavn and the same to the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir.

Anyone else booked in there that might want to share taxis or whatever on Wed/Thur?

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Booked on the flight and got a bed for a couple of nights in a dorm of 4 at Giljanes Hostel in Sandavagur (around 60GBP for the 2 nights).

Looks like it's 10 mins from the airport and around 1 hour to Torshavn and the same to the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir.

Anyone else booked in there that might want to share taxis or whatever on Wed/Thur?

I and 3 others in there too.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 07:16 PM

Maybe start a rave

RMQ1967
26-06-2018, 07:49 PM

Nice one - hopefully a decent wee squad in there for tours & social activities :cheers: