PDA

View Full Version : Faroe Islands - Flight Only for £15 ?

OfficialHSL
25-06-2018, 12:56 PM
We are delighted to offer supporters the fantastic opportunity to fly with the team to the Faroe Islands for just £15.

Supporters who make a one off donation of at least £15 to HSL during the period from 25th June until 28th June will have their names included in a draw. The lucky winner will be able to nominate a friend to join him/her on the Official Club charter flight leaving Edinburgh late on 17th July and returning immediately after the match on the 19th July. HSL have arranged a twin room in central Torshavn (to be paid for separately).

We are delighted that the Club have given us this opportunity to raise additional funding to support our European ambitions so we are reaching out to all our Members, at least, to support this by making a one off donation. Please feel free to donate more than £15 if you are in a position to do so.

To make this donation go to https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

Very rarely do you have a win/win situation. If your name is drawn out the hat, that’s great, but if not you have still helped generate more funds for Neil and the team.

Please note that seats are only available to supporters who are 18 or over.

HSL

deekster
25-06-2018, 01:02 PM
We are delighted to offer supporters the fantastic opportunity to fly with the team to the Faroe Islands for just £15.

Supporters who make a one off donation of at least £15 to HSL during the period from 25th June until 28th June will have their names included in a draw. The lucky winner will be able to nominate a friend to join him/her on the Official Club charter flight leaving Edinburgh late on 17th July and returning immediately after the match on the 19th July. HSL have arranged a twin room in central Torshavn (to be paid for separately).

We are delighted that the Club have given us this opportunity to raise additional funding to support our European ambitions so we are reaching out to all our Members, at least, to support this by making a one off donation. Please feel free to donate more than £15 if you are in a position to do so.

Very rarely do you have a win/win situation. If your name is drawn out the hat, that’s great, but if not you have still helped generate more funds for Neil and the team.

HSL

I’ve been contributing £18:75p every month for a couple of years so do I automatically get entered into the draw?

Speedy
25-06-2018, 01:09 PM
I’ve been contributing £18:75p every month for a couple of years so do I automatically get entered into the draw?

Thought the thread might go this way. And it fairness it is a reasonable question.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Thought the thread might go this way. And it fairness it is a reasonable question.It's similar to the BT/Sky etc etc campaigns where they have attractive opening offers that are much cheaper than for long-term customers.

It might not seem fair to the existing donors, but you can see why they're doing it.

The Club might taking a bit of a risk here too. If the take-up of the £15 donation isn't as much as they could have sold 2 seats for on the flight, they'll have lost out.

Alternatively, if HSL are paying for the seats, they are taking the risk.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
25-06-2018, 01:18 PM

Looks like it’s a one off ticket purchase that is open to everyone whether you regularly donate or not. That is totally fair.
Hopefully it gets people who don’t normally donate to sign up. Could be just the push some people need to get themselves registered.
Well done HSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
25-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Well done HSL. Things like this go a long way.

DaveF
25-06-2018, 01:36 PM
I pay monthly but will certainly be in for this. Great idea.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Think that’s the winning entry just gone through😄

MagicSwirlingShip
25-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Done! :thumbsup:

OfficialHSL
25-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Deekster
Unfortunately no. We are trying hard to raise additional funds to help Neil and the team make our European journey as long as possible. If we had made this a Member only offer it would have cost us money and a dual offering may have simply been break even. As others have explained it is always a difficult balancing act.

HSL

SunshineOnLeith
25-06-2018, 01:52 PM
How many loyalty points do I get?

H18 SFR
25-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Well done for contributing so much for so long mate. I've only been contributing the 'minimum', I've upped it to the same as you.

deekster
25-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Deekster
Unfortunately no. We are trying hard to raise additional funds to help Neil and the team make our European journey as long as possible. If we had made this a Member only offer it would have cost us money and a dual offering may have simply been break even. As others have explained it is always a difficult balancing act.

HSL

Fair enough. Wasn’t looking to get something for nothing I was just thinking out loud. . I’ll get my entry in then. GGTTH

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 03:11 PM
HSL, presume the draw will be sometime on Friday?

KdyHby
25-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Done

OfficialHSL
25-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Well done HSL. Things like this go a long way.

KingDomofife

Thank you and we have got off to a good start.

As well as generating additional funds to help our Manager we are really keen to see this work well. Many on here have quite rightly suggested that we try all sorts of ideas to encourage more of our fellow supporters to walk towards HSL. Here is the chance to demonstrtae this.

THIS IS A WIN/WIN SITUATION.

If your name is drawn out the hat - brilliant.

If it isn't - you have still helped the Club by donating £15 towards the Football budget. It doesn't go to a bookie or external organisation.

So lets get right behind this. Your £15 will be well spent.

HSL

OfficialHSL
25-06-2018, 05:20 PM
HSL, presume the draw will be sometime on Friday?

Billy

Yes, that's what we plan.

HSL

HappyHibby93
26-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Looks like it’s a one off ticket purchase that is open to everyone whether you regularly donate or not. That is totally fair.
Hopefully it gets people who don’t normally donate to sign up. Could be just the push some people need to get themselves registered.
Well done HSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This,

Slowly but surely HSL are making their mark. Been donating from the start and more goodies along this line can only be a good thing.

Good work HSL :aok:

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 10:33 AM
This,

Slowly but surely HSL are making their mark. Been donating from the start and more goodies along this line can only be a good thing.

Good work HSL :aok:

We hope to in future do more things of interest to supporters but this of course requires us to demonstrate that there is an appetite for such things.

Can we remind everyone this is a WIN/WIN. Even if your name is not pulled out the hat you have still helped Neil Lennon and the Team. Lets really make this idea work.

Donate here https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL

PatHead
26-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Done. Win win for Hibs. Would be good to know how much is raised from this “raffle”

tartanhibee
26-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Done. Win win for Hibs. Would be good to know how much is raised from this “raffle”

Can I be your 2nd man?

hulk
26-06-2018, 11:54 AM
I am already paying monthly but when trying to make a single donation it is looking for email & password. Can't recall password (saus email is already registered) and no option to reset / request another.

Waiting on HSL to come back to me but time is tight here and thought someone here may be able to assist ?

Speedy
26-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Done

Rocky
26-06-2018, 12:10 PM
I am already paying monthly but when trying to make a single donation it is looking for email & password. Can't recall password (saus email is already registered) and no option to reset / request another.

Waiting on HSL to come back to me but time is tight here and thought someone here may be able to assist ?

HSL sent an email about a month ago when new website was launched with instructions on what to use for username and password - might you still have that?

Big_Franck
26-06-2018, 12:10 PM

A while back HSL created a new website and should have emailed you out your one time new password.

There are still some issues with the HSL site though. I had the same issue as hulk and I was trying to reset my password on the HSL site. For some reason the forgotten password link was not recognising my email address (definitely the right one) despite several attempts.

I also tried to make a one off donation on the HSL site on my phone on the chrome app. On the final confirmation page it kept giving me the error message 'Please check the errors below' despite all fields being complete. It was starting to annoy me and I nearly gave up trying. I opened up the laptop and made a donation with no issues, but they very nearly missed out on my money because of those errors.

These might seem like minor points but if we want to make sure HSL grows we need to make access to the site and ease of payments is as smooth as possible.

hulk
26-06-2018, 12:20 PM
HSL sent an email about a month ago when new website was launched with instructions on what to use for username and password - might you still have that?

Unfortunately not - last correspondence is in 2016. Looks like I will need HSL to respond on my specific query. Agree with big Franck though - it has to be easy to donate (or at least reset a password !).

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately not - last correspondence is in 2016. Looks like I will need HSL to respond on my specific query. Agree with big Franck though - it has to be easy to donate (or at least reset a password !).

I’d the same problem. Did you go to section on single payment and work from there. Worked for me without passwords

hulk
26-06-2018, 12:27 PM
I’d the same problem. Did you go to section on single payment and work from there. Worked for me without passwords

Tried without password but same error i.e "this email is already registered. please choose another one of contact support" - which I did.

Official HSL - your private message inbox is full so unable to contact you via this method.

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Hulk

Please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk with your details and we can send you your one time password.

HSL

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Tried without password but same error i.e "this email is already registered. please choose another one of contact support" - which I did.

Official HSL - your private message inbox is full so unable to contact you via this method.

Hulk, it is a bit confusing
I tried to do it again, can’t rememebr how I did it last time

Monktonhall 7
26-06-2018, 12:43 PM

I did that yesterday as well, but if you log onto your account, you can do a single donation from there.

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 12:50 PM
A while back HSL created a new website and should have emailed you out your one time new password.

There are still some issues with the HSL site though. I had the same issue as hulk and I was trying to reset my password on the HSL site. For some reason the forgotten password link was not recognising my email address (definitely the right one) despite several attempts.

I also tried to make a one off donation on the HSL site on my phone on the chrome app. On the final confirmation page it kept giving me the error message 'Please check the errors below' despite all fields being complete. It was starting to annoy me and I nearly gave up trying. I opened up the laptop and made a donation with no issues, but they very nearly missed out on my money because of those errors.

These might seem like minor points but if we want to make sure HSL grows we need to make access to the site and ease of payments is as smooth as possible.

BigFranck

Would you mind emailing us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and outline what is happening.

We have had a couple of initial glitches with the new web site but we believe these have all been resolved. If they have not obviously we will fix it if we are made aware. Over 90% of the issues raised have been user problems but all we need is an email and we are happy to help right away.

HSL

SChibs
26-06-2018, 01:04 PM

HSL

I made my £15 donation yesterday but I have had an email saying it will be debited on or shortly after 29th June. I assume I will still be in the draw despite the payment not due to go through till the 29th? Just asking to clear things up.

HappyHibby93
26-06-2018, 01:25 PM
A good wee piece in today's EEN :cb

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fans-can-win-a-trip-to-faroes-with-hibs-on-their-plane-1-4759538

:flag:

Big_Franck
26-06-2018, 01:25 PM
BigFranck

Would you mind emailing us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and outline what is happening.

We have had a couple of initial glitches with the new web site but we believe these have all been resolved. If they have not obviously we will fix it if we are made aware. Over 90% of the issues raised have been user problems but all we need is an email and we are happy to help right away.

HSL

Good job on the improved communications recently. Both posts/threads on here and emails are answered a lot quicker now and whoever is doing it is always very professional and helpful. To be honest though I'm not sure how an email would help further here. All I'd be doing is copying and pasting what I had put above.

To confirm though, the mobile site was not recognising my email address as being a registered email when trying the forogtten password link. That's despite the new one time password having been sent to that same email address.

The mobile site for some reason was not allowing me to make a single payment. Despite all fields such as sort code, post code etc being complete it kept just giving me the error message I put above. Putting the same details in to the site on my laptop saw the payment go through no problem though.

Keep up the good work :aok:

Big_Franck
26-06-2018, 01:32 PM
A good wee piece in today's EEN :cb

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fans-can-win-a-trip-to-faroes-with-hibs-on-their-plane-1-4759538

:flag:

Good publicity that. Do HSL know how much the hotel in the Faroes that needs to be paid for separately by the winners will cost?

1van Sprou7e
26-06-2018, 03:41 PM
I made my £15 donation yesterday but I have had an email saying it will be debited on or shortly after 29th June. I assume I will still be in the draw despite the payment not due to go through till the 29th? Just asking to clear things up.

Yeah when I check my account it says that the payment is due in the 2nd if July for some reason...

Take it I won't be in the draw then :'(

SChibs
26-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Yeah when I check my account it says that the payment is due in the 2nd if July for some reason...

I think the majority of people who have just donated must be in the same boat as us. I think we'll be in the draw as it would be very unfair not to include us as we don't have a say when the payment actually comes out. Hoping for the HSL account to clear this up

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Hulk
Is everything resolved now ?

HSL

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:44 PM
I did that yesterday as well, but if you log onto your account, you can do a single donation from there.
Can we please take this opportunity to remind all existing members that they need to log into their Members Section to make changes and/or additional payments. Outside this Section the web site is only for new contributors.

HSL

LustForLeith
26-06-2018, 09:45 PM
I’m thinking of donating but not sure about people saying the money isn’t coming off until after the closing date

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Samcrowe
Your assumption is correct and you will definitely be in the draw. Provided supporters sign up to the donation by Thursday they will be included.

HSL

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Good publicity that. Do HSL know how much the hotel in the Faroes that needs to be paid for separately by the winners will cost?
£140 per night however it is a different hotel for each night. The winner however is not obliged to take this as we are able to cancel at nil cost.

HSL

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Yes, you will be in the draw.
HSL

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:55 PM
I’m thinking of donating but not sure about people saying the money isn’t coming off until after the closing date
Don't worry about this, as long as you sign up by midnight on Thursday you will be in the draw.

HSL

OfficialHSL
26-06-2018, 09:57 PM
I think the majority of people who have just donated must be in the same boat as us. I think we'll be in the draw as it would be very unfair not to include us as we don't have a say when the payment actually comes out. Hoping for the HSL account to clear this up
Trust we have cleared this up.

HSL

OfficialHSL
27-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Billy

Yes, that's what we plan.

HSL
We want to give absolute reassurance to all supporters who have signed up to make a donation during the stated period that their names will be in the draw. With this in mind we will delay the draw until next week. So please feel free to continue to make a donation and try your luck . We know to the precise minute when Supporters have signed up so we know exactly who will be in the draw.
HSLl

Gerard
28-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Hulk, it is a bit confusing
I tried to do it again, can’t rememebr how I did it last time
I cant logi can you please send by PM my user name and reset password
I would like to make a donation for the tickets
thanks
Gerard