PDA

View Full Version : Irn Bru Cup draw

Billy Whizz
25-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Draw is tomorrow at 1pm
Hibs have a Colts team in it. Believe it’s 1998 age group for Colts, plus you can play 2 overage players as well!

[url]https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__irn_brucupformat2018_19_1528461631.pdf

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 07:32 AM
Hibs in the Northern section

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup-r1-draw-live-on-tuesday/

Liberal Hibby
26-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Wow - Sutton United included in round 2. Would obviously like to see Hibs get drawn there - but no doubt it I'll be Inverurie Locos or Ross County or similar...

What's the financial incentives for potentially a 1,000 mile round trip to play in front of a couple of hundred fans?

Nevi_SOL
26-06-2018, 12:11 PM
1st and 2nd in the development league last season. Good draw though

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 12:16 PM
1st and 2nd in the development league last season. Good draw though

What’s the draw?

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Oops just seen it, away to Dundee
We’ve got the bulk of last seasons team still in place, don’t think Dundee have though
Wonder if they’ll play this at Montrose, as they did last season

Oscar T Grouch
26-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Full draw below

North Section
LIVINGSTON COLTS v FORFAR ATHLETIC
DUNDEE COLTS v HIBERNIAN COLTS
INVERURIE LOCO WORKS or FRASERBURGH v FORMARTINE UNITED
PETERHEAD v BRECHIN CITY
INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE v DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN COLTS v ROSS COUNTY
ELGIN CITY v ARBROATH
DUNDEE UNITED v ST. JOHNSTONE COLTS
RAITH ROVERS v ABERDEEN COLTS
ALLOA ATHLETIC v STIRLING ALBION
COVE RANGERS v MONTROSE
COWDENBEATH v EAST FIFE

South Section
EAST KILBRIDE v SPARTANS
QUEEN’S PARK v AYR UNITED
STENHOUSEMUIR v QUEEN OF THE SOUTH
HAMILTON ACADEMICAL COLTS v CLYDE
KILMARNOCK COLTS v ST. MIRREN COLTS
BSC GLASGOW or EAST STIRLINGSHIRE v MOTHERWELL COLTS
ANNAN ATHLETIC v CELTIC COLTS
EDINBURGH CITY v ALBION ROVERS
STRANRAER v PARTICK THISTLE
DUMBARTON v MORTON
BERWICK RANGERS v AIRDRIEONIANS
RANGERS COLTS v FALKIRK

Ties to be played on the midweek of August 14/15

SJNB Hibby
26-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Full draw below

North Section
LIVINGSTON COLTS v FORFAR ATHLETIC
DUNDEE COLTS v HIBERNIAN COLTS
INVERURIE LOCO WORKS or FRASERBURGH v FORMARTINE UNITED
PETERHEAD v BRECHIN CITY
INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE v DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN COLTS v ROSS COUNTY
ELGIN CITY v ARBROATH
DUNDEE UNITED v ST. JOHNSTONE COLTS
RAITH ROVERS v ABERDEEN COLTS
ALLOA ATHLETIC v STIRLING ALBION
COVE RANGERS v MONTROSE
COWDENBEATH v EAST FIFE

South Section
EAST KILBRIDE v SPARTANS
QUEEN’S PARK v AYR UNITED
STENHOUSEMUIR v QUEEN OF THE SOUTH
HAMILTON ACADEMICAL COLTS v CLYDE
KILMARNOCK COLTS v ST. MIRREN COLTS
BSC GLASGOW or EAST STIRLINGSHIRE v MOTHERWELL COLTS
ANNAN ATHLETIC v CELTIC COLTS
EDINBURGH CITY v ALBION ROVERS
STRANRAER v PARTICK THISTLE
DUMBARTON v MORTON
BERWICK RANGERS v AIRDRIEONIANS
RANGERS COLTS v FALKIRK

Ties to be played on the midweek of August 14/15

How stupid to have the three Highland teams in the same fixture, and they should keep the Colts apart(and make them play away)
In fact no two teams from the same league or division should be drawn against each other in the first two rounds. I think this is a good expansion of the cup, but it needs some tweaking

Chic Murray
26-06-2018, 01:18 PM
How stupid to have the three Highland teams in the same fixture, and they should keep the Colts apart(and make them play away)
In fact no two teams from the same league or division should be drawn against each other in the first two rounds. I think this is a good expansion of the cup, but it needs some tweaking

Is it not about keeping travelling expenses down?

Anyway, I like the Irn Bru cup, and usually do quite well at the bookies, as they tend to class our Championship Teams on the same level as the likes of Welsh teams, and give generous odds.

Edinburgh City v Albion Rovers looks like a good tie, and I might get myself along to Ainslie Park.

Be great if Hibs Colts do well, but it tends to be men against boys.

SJNB Hibby
26-06-2018, 01:47 PM

Anyway, I like the Irn Bru cup, and usually do quite well at the bookies, as they tend to class our Championship Teams on the same level as the likes of Welsh teams, and give generous odds.

Edinburgh City v Albion Rovers looks like a good tie, and I might get myself along to Ainslie Park.

They could still 'rig' the draw. Two of the three Highland League teams wont play anybody outside the Highland League, not saying they should play stranrear, but maybe a Colts team at home, no cost there, and I'm sure there'd be a bigger attraction for a Colts team playing away, than Fraserburgh playing away to St Johnstone Colts.
But I do like the way theyve expanded it---if our Colts can get thru, it would be interesting to see them up against any of the non-league teams

Chic Murray
26-06-2018, 01:52 PM
They could still 'rig' the draw. Two of the three Highland League teams wont play anybody outside the Highland League, not saying they should play stranrear, but maybe a Colts team at home, no cost there, and I'm sure there'd be a bigger attraction for a Colts team playing away, than Fraserburgh playing away to St Johnstone Colts.
But I do like the way theyve expanded it---if our Colts can get thru, it would be interesting to see them up against any of the non-league teams

What about sporting integrity? I suppose it's for them to come out and say if they find it unfair.

SJNB Hibby
26-06-2018, 02:18 PM
What about sporting integrity? I suppose it's for them to come out and say if they find it unfair.
Havent they stated that none of the home-country teams will play each other in the next round?
Just makes it a more interesting draw. Its hardly a major tournament, with not great crowds, I just think they could make it a bit more attractive to some of the non-league teams

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 02:26 PM

Allowed 2 overage players this season, so may help the Colts teams

Chic Murray
26-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Havent they stated that none of the home-country teams will play each other in the next round?
Just makes it a more interesting draw. Its hardly a major tournament, with not great crowds, I just think they could make it a bit more attractive to some of the non-league teams

Yeah, I get your point now - add a bit of variety?

dangermouse
26-06-2018, 03:24 PM
How are Edinburgh City in the South section when their ground is the most northerly of the three Edinburgh teams entering the competition?

Saturday Boy
26-06-2018, 03:32 PM
How are Edinburgh City in the South section when their ground is the most northerly of the three Edinburgh teams entering the competition?

4 Edinburgh teams. Spartans are there too.

Agree with your point though. Geography can be added to the list of things that Scottish football can’t do.

davhibby
26-06-2018, 03:36 PM
Allowed 2 overage players this season, so may help the Colts teams

That's a joke. Colts teams should be nowhere near this competition. Just ruining it for the fans of the smaller clubs where this is a real chance for them to win something.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 03:38 PM

They have

1van Sprou7e
26-06-2018, 04:53 PM
That's a joke. Colts teams should be nowhere near this competition. Just ruining it for the fans of the smaller clubs where this is a real chance for them to win something.

Tbf how hilarious would it be if a colts team won it, especially after the huns famous treble of the championship, irn bru cup and Scottish cup....oh wait

Billy Whizz
30-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Dundee v Hibs, confirmed on Dundee website
Dens Park, Tuesday 14th. August, 7.45pm KO
No extra time in this round, penalties if still a draw after 90 mins

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/youth-update-signing-pre-season-and-irn-bru-cup/