PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MATCH REPORT | HIBERNIAN 4-2 CELTIC

RSS Bot
25-06-2018, 08:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8877)

Lago
25-06-2018, 09:57 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8877)
Well done

Brightside
26-06-2018, 08:29 PM
A real shame to hear that at least 2 of the girls are leaving. Smith and Arnot are off down south to sign Contracts. More will follow. Hibs will get nothing as we don’t have any of them signed up on pro contracts.

bigwheel
26-06-2018, 08:48 PM
A real shame to hear that at least 2 of the girls are leaving. Smith and Arnot are off down south to sign Contracts. More will follow. Hibs will get nothing as we don’t have any of them signed up on pro contracts.

fantastic opportunity though for the girls to have a pro career...superb for them

Brightside
26-06-2018, 09:32 PM
fantastic opportunity though for the girls to have a pro career...superb for them

Agreed but the game won’t grow up here if none of the teams will go pro.

Jonnyboy
26-06-2018, 09:57 PM

It's a great shame but it's fantastic for the girls!

I can see Abi Harrison heading south too, in the future

Saturday Boy
26-06-2018, 10:13 PM
It's a great shame but it's fantastic for the girls!

I can see Abi Harrison heading south too, in the future

78 goals in 101 games for Hibs: Definitely worth a chance at a professional contract.

The team have already been training for life after the stars moving.

More Hibs fans going along to watch them would be a great.

Brightside
26-06-2018, 10:57 PM
Or we could at least put some of them on minimum pro contracts so the club would at least get some transfer funds to help the club grow?

Saturday Boy
26-06-2018, 11:17 PM
Agreed.

I’m just a random Hibby who watches them play.

I still find it difficult to understand. If one club, Hibs ,obviously, start even semi pro contracts, the league would grow.

Brightside
26-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Agreed.

I’m just a random Hibby who watches them play.

I still find it difficult to understand. If one club, Hibs ,obviously, start even semi pro contracts, the league would grow.

100% agree. Just needs a minor investment but as we know from the forum many fans would be against any investment in the womens team. Its the same thing with any of the teams that are affiliated with mens teams, and its why Glasgow City win the league every year. Hopefully we will see a change but i cant see it happening any time soon.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Well done ladies, keep up the excellent work.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Am i reading right here, we have people wanting Hibs to give the womens team pro contracts, we want them to be paid from the income of Hibernian FC? :confused:

bigwheel
28-06-2018, 08:48 AM
100% agree. Just needs a minor investment but as we know from the forum many fans would be against any investment in the womens team. Its the same thing with any of the teams that are affiliated with mens teams, and its why Glasgow City win the league every year. Hopefully we will see a change but i cant see it happening any time soon.

Pro Women's football in Scotland is not really likely - unless the raise their own funding....The model doesn't stack up..currently not enough revenue created to justify it - why not be happy that they find their level? which is feels like we currently have - High quality , amateur teams..

Hibs have a challenge to fund their ambitions for the mens team - personally, I wouldn't see it as a good plan to direct scarce money into other teams..

I agree there should be some system which allows the Ladies clubs to get some payback if a player they have developed get signed by a club with money

Brightside
28-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Am i reading right here, we have people wanting Hibs to give the womens team pro contracts, we want them to be paid from the income of Hibernian FC? :confused:

yes - like the other pro teams in womens football.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2018, 03:01 PM
yes - like the other pro teams in womens football.

Count me out, they can subsidise themselves for me. I remember when this first all started, and how having a Hibs womens team would benefit us, and its not going to cost us anything bar the odd set of strips.

Now we are talking about contracts and wages, for players who will NEVER set foot on our pitch representing the team i support and pay my money towards.

I asked this question years ago about what would be next, and it was laughed at as they would be self sufficient.

I can see where this is going, and its not going to help the mens team at all.

Eyrie
28-06-2018, 07:14 PM
Personally the team I support is Hibs, and that doesn't change regardless of whether we're being represented by men, ladies or youths.

I'd agree with bigwheel that the numbers don't add up at present, so the women's game in Scotland will remain amateur and we'll lose our best players to professional contracts south of the border.