PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs assistant...

Babyshamble
23-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Is Brian Rice.wonder why he never took john Doolan?

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Doolan doing well at Accrington which is close to home. Maybe happier to stay put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
23-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Doolan doing well at Accrington which is close to home. Maybe happier to stay put.

There was an interview with JD in the EEN a few months ago and it sounded like he was enjoying life at Accrington. And they just won promotion too.

ancient hibee
23-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Stubbs said he wanted to change his usual set-up.

Ronniekirk
23-06-2018, 04:38 PM

Darren Jackson also on board

lapsedhibee
23-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Darren Jackson also on board

Nah, he's first-team coach.

Onceinawhile
23-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Nah, he's first-team coach.

Good banter.

Foritza
23-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Got to say I never understood or forgave Alan Stubbs decision to get out of Hibs as fast he could after the Cup win. What was the rush ?. To go to Rotherham? give me a break.Must have been for personal or family reasons but to take up a job in Paisley seems to knock that on the head. Paisley or Edinburgh ?. Regrets I have had a few.

Broken Gnome
23-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Got to say I never understood or forgave Alan Stubbs decision to get out of Hibs as fast he could after the Cup win. What was the rush ?. To go to Rotherham? give me a break.Must have been for personal or family reasons but to take up a job in Paisley seems to knock that on the head. Paisley or Edinburgh ?. Regrets I have had a few.

Pretty sure you'd forgive him, if you really think about it.

CraigHibee
23-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Stubbs won us the cup, wouldn't say that many folk would have a grudge against him, took 2 attempts to get us up and never succeeded, lennon came in and got the job done at the first time of asking.

Absolutely no animosity for stubbs in the slightest and I'm sure he will get a warm welcome on his return.. Just as long as he doesnt get a result 😂

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2018, 09:59 PM
No Andy Holden either? Any idea where he is just now?

Babyshamble
23-06-2018, 11:22 PM
Said in an interview last week he regrets it mate.

overdrive
23-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Interesting choice. Brian Rice hasn’t had his troubles to seek.

Brizo
24-06-2018, 05:37 AM

I can forgive anyone who gave the 22,000 Hibbies who were there, the greatest day of our lives, a day not seen by my father or grandfathers generations.

I think Stubbs made the right decision to go whatever the reason as nothing was going to top the SCF and fans are so fickle :wink:that it wouldn't have taken long for people to forget it and turn on him.

Stubbs deserves a great reception when he returns to Easter Road and ill be hoping his team do well against everyone, except us.

Treadstone
24-06-2018, 05:57 AM

Always said Rotherham job was wrong team wrong time. Stubbs star was on the up at the time. There seems to be at least twelve championship jobs up for grabs during the season and I'm sure he'd have been on the radar.

Worked out great for us though replacing a manager between seasons and before transfer windows is how you'd like appointments to be done.

IGRIGI
24-06-2018, 06:21 AM
After failing to finish above Falkirk in the Championship it was time for him to go, cup or no cup.

SirDavidsNapper
24-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Stubbs will forever be a legend for winning the SC but him leaving has been good for Hibs and that's the important thing. Lennon has taken Hibs to the next level.

Bristolhibby
24-06-2018, 08:58 AM

Pretty sure he won’t be living in Paisley.

J

Billy Whizz
24-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Pretty sure he won’t be living in Paisley.

J

Lots of nice places in Paisley, lived their for 11 years