PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Barker to the Huns

Cheshire Hibee
23-06-2018, 10:03 AM
According to the Scottish Sun (rag) Gerrard is looking to bring Brandon to the Huns on a season long loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
23-06-2018, 10:08 AM
F-in boo!

SouthMoroccoStu
23-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Depends on Man City really

Hibs and Hull also interested

BegbieHSC
23-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Huns are obsessed with us.

neil7908
23-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Maybe worth changing the title of the thread as "Announcement" sounds like a done deal.

Hope it doesn't happen but think City will want him to develop in England so guessing Hull will be front of the queue.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-06-2018, 10:27 AM
I also heard were signing kamberi on a 3 year deal

cabbage_88
23-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Your recent posts are the most cringeworthy and embarassing things I've ever read. Do yourself a favour and give that patter a rest.

superfurryhibby
23-06-2018, 10:54 AM

What is the point?

Tiresome, moronic sub-drivel.

hibsbollah
23-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Aww ****.
I never thought we would be able to get him back from City, but going to that particular club would be a kick in the stanes.

Daydreamer
23-06-2018, 11:13 AM
I can't understand why Man City would even consider dealing with The rangers as they are still due Man City money before the liquidation. The company in Wolverhampton that make the seats for football stadiums told hearts to blaw when they tried to order the stand seats from them as they were still due money from pre administration . Thats the real reason they had to get the seats from Korea not that someone forgot to orded them.
Still don't believe the Sun though.

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2018, 11:21 AM
I can't understand why Man City would even consider dealing with The rangers as they are still due Man City money before the liquidation. The company in Wolverhampton that make the seats for football stadiums told hearts to blaw when they tried to order the stand seats from them as they were still due money from pre administration . Thats the real reason they had to get the seats from Korea not that someone forgot to orded them.
Still don't believe the Sun though.

The money due to City would have been paid a while back as it was a football debt. The Hearts debt wasn't.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Daydreamer
23-06-2018, 11:25 AM
The money due to City would have been paid a while back as it was a football debt. The Hearts debt wasn't.

A football debt is different in liquidation and administration. The debt has to be paid back in administration but not in liqidation.

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2018, 11:27 AM
A football debt is different in liquidation and administration. The debt has to be paid back in administration but not in liqidation.As part of the 5 way agreement, all football debts had to be settled, no?

Daydreamer
23-06-2018, 11:32 AM
As part of the 5 way agreement, all football debts had to be settled, no?

Would'nt bet on it but pretty sure that no football debt in liquidation has to be paid back. They got away with it as they are now a different club.

iwasthere1972
23-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Hope Man City remember when the fans of the old club who are now fans of the new club went down to their city ten years ago and didn't cover themselves in glory. Assaulting everyone who got in their way.

Brandon don't do it.

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Would'nt bet on it but pretty sure that no football debt in liquidation has to be paid back. They got away with it as they are now a different club.I would.[emoji16]

Settling all football debts was one of the conditions of the SFA licence being granted.

If you look up the latest BDO report, you will see an entry for football debts.

If City weren't paid, it would only be because the liquidator rejected their claim, or because they didn't claim in the first place.

ToffeeCabbage
23-06-2018, 11:38 AM
This is absolutely minging news that is giving me the boak. Just nah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
23-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Blame Alan Preston. He’s been trying to make this happen for months, there was chat about it at the 5-3 Killie game.

Bostonhibby
23-06-2018, 11:46 AM
A football debt is different in liquidation and administration. The debt has to be paid back in administration but not in liqidation.

Not sure it was here.

IGRIGI
23-06-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm getting the vocal cords warmed up for a '*****...BOOOO" if this goes through.

Chic Murray
23-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Blame Alan Preston. He’s been trying to make this happen for months, there was chat about it at the 5-3 Killie game.

Ugh, that's my holiday ruined. I'd forgotten all about him.

Speedy
23-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Can't see it. He'll either go on loan in England or come back to us. No reason to go to Rangers other than wages.

Shrekko
23-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Can't see it. He'll either go on loan in England or come back to us. No reason to go to Rangers other than wages.

His wages will be the same wherever he goes this season.

It’ll be the chance to play in front of 50,000 fans that’ll probably swing it unfortunately.

Hibbyradge
23-06-2018, 12:10 PM

I doubt he'll be affected by the wages. I think he's on 10k a week at Man City.

Rangers might pay a larger chunk of that than us, though, so City might prefer to loan him to them.

Cod Boy
23-06-2018, 12:12 PM
No doubt the atmosphere of playing against Celtic will be to good to turn down comment will come out.

Speedy
23-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Rangers might pay a larger chunk of that than us, though, so City might prefer to loan him to them.

That's what I was meaning rather than what he gets.

I'd be surprised if they preferred him to go there for a couple of grand a week rather than Hibs where he seemed to like and was getting a chance to develop.

'Stepping up' to the championship is likely their higher priority.

bigwheel
23-06-2018, 12:17 PM

Might also pay a sizeable loan fee..would put us out of the market

Hibbyradge
23-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Might also pay a sizeable loan fee..would put us out of the market

Aye, that's possible.

Since his Hibs TV interview, I've been convinced that he wasn't coming back to us, but I thought he must have had something already lined up.

I never thought it would be a team in Scotland, though. It'll be disappointing if he ends up at Ibrox.

Billy Whizz
23-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Aye, that's possible.

Since his Hibs TV interview, I've been convinced that he wasn't coming back to us, but I thought he must have had something already lined up.

I never thought it would be a team in Scotland, though. It'll be disappointing if he ends up at Ibrox.

I remember you saying that
Think the link is Mark Allan, former DOF at City, now at Rangers
Think his game time could be limited at Rangers, Windows’s seems to play in his role

number9dream
23-06-2018, 12:57 PM
I remember you saying that
Think the link is Mark Allan, former DOF at City, now at Rangers
Think his game time could be limited at Rangers, Windows’s seems to play in his role

Murphy also wide left, while Candeias & the guy on loan from Liverpool are wingers too.
If Man City have any real hopes for BB then surely the next step up is English Championship.
No point sending him back to the same level.

Smartie
23-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Wherever he goes he needs to play every week.

His injury came at a bad time because he was starting to play very well, benefitting from his run in the team.

Whilst I thought he did well, he didn't blow the league away, so I don't think he is "above" coming back to Scotland on loan.

Waxy
23-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Dont do it Brandon.

O'Rourke3
23-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Blessing himself as he enters the pitch will get him hero status with the Ayebroke faithless.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
23-06-2018, 01:28 PM
He's still got a picture of him playing for Hibs v Hearts as his Twitter profile pic.

We can speculate as to whether or not that's significant, but it's certainly not a bad sign.

Jack Hackett
23-06-2018, 03:23 PM
The Rangers bumping their gums... again. Still, given the opportunity to play alongside Rooney and Skrtel, not to mention the advantage of Gerrard's vast managerial experience, he'll have quite a decision to make

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Hope this isn't true, I liked Barker.

Its been a bit of a pain recently with the knowledge that we cant boo anyone like Cummings or possibly McGinn who turn out for the uglies after leaving us, what with them being cup winning legends and all. Poor wee Brandon will be afforded no such luxury if he turns up in a Current Bun strip …. he'll get the full Easter Road treatment :greengrin

frazeHFC
24-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Praying this doesn't happen. He's too good for us to afford but he should go to the English Championship.

Jim44
24-06-2018, 11:42 AM
According to the Sun ( quotes, so not speculation) Gerrard is hoping to get the assistance of Walter Smith and Graeme Sounness “to help him plot victory over Celtic next season”. From one viewpoint it might appear he means business and pulling out the stops. Then again he might be showing a lack of confidence in his own ability as these guys are strong characters who could easily overwhelm his leadership.

Eyrie
24-06-2018, 12:55 PM
According to the Sun ( quotes, so not speculation) Gerrard is hoping to get the assistance of Walter Smith and Graeme Sounness “to help him plot victory over Celtic next season”. From one viewpoint it might appear he means business and pulling out the stops. Then again he might be showing a lack of confidence in his own ability as these guys are strong characters who could easily overwhelm his leadership.

Both Souness and Smith can give Gerrard the same advice on how they did better than Celtc, which is to out-spend them. They can then sit back and wait for King to provide the money.

FilipinoHibs
24-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Both Souness and Smith can give Gerrard the same advice on how they did better than Celtc, which is to out-spend them. They can then sit back and wait for King to provide the money.

King also qn expert in tax avoidance so let the good times roll.

JeMeSouviens
24-06-2018, 01:42 PM

Walter did a cracking job with McCoist right enough.

Captain Trips
24-06-2018, 01:45 PM
I can advise Gerrard sign better players than Celtic. If he needs advice like that should he have been hired.

NL didn't with Hearts he just got right in about them.

Bostonhibby
24-06-2018, 02:04 PM
According to the Sun ( quotes, so not speculation) Gerrard is hoping to get the assistance of Walter Smith and Graeme Sounness “to help him plot victory over Celtic next season”. From one viewpoint it might appear he means business and pulling out the stops. Then again he might be showing a lack of confidence in his own ability as these guys are strong characters who could easily overwhelm his leadership.But Souness and uncle Walter didn't know anything about side letters so I can't see how they'll be any use.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk