PDA

View Full Version : Lennon given three match ban

Diclonius
21-06-2018, 04:23 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-hit-with-three-match-ban-1-4758104

Will there also be three match bans given to the 1,500 Rangers fans who loudly and repeatedly sang "fenian *******" at him during the same game?

Sir David Gray
21-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Only in Scotland will someone be punished for doing a harmless, non provocative celebration after watching their team come back from 5-3 down to draw 5-5 and the people in the stands screaming abuse for 90 minutes are let off scot-free.

Northernhibee
21-06-2018, 04:29 PM
The rules are the rules and quite clear. It was fun but always going to end up as it has.

sauzee=legend
21-06-2018, 04:29 PM
At this rate he may Aswell buy a season ticket 😂

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 04:32 PM
And banned from Europe too

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2018, 04:33 PM
And banned from Europe too

***ake... and I thought Trump's immigration policy was harsh.....

#BrexitNow

Jim44
21-06-2018, 04:53 PM
I don’t think Lennon will lose much sleep. ✈️

SouthMoroccoStu
21-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Total and utter joke. I hope we appeal and play a recording of the huns sing song during the match

Sadly too many of the hearing panel would start singing along

21-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Won't make a difference, the players will manage fine without him shouting from the touchline.

Greenbeard
21-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Inevitable unfortunately, despite being understandable fun at the time.
Is he a bit of an eejit? Yes
Is he likeable? Not to many, but it's not his job to be liked, as long as he is respected 1) by the players, 2) by the fans. The Board will follow 1) and 2). F*** what everyone else thinks.
Does he make up for it in other ways? Yes, but I'd still rather he wasn't sitting in the stand so often.
Was it worth it? No. He should have just taxied down the touchline instead of on the pitch then he might have got away with it.

Keith_M
21-06-2018, 05:34 PM
It was unacceptable goading of innocent (the) Rangers Fans, who were merely expressing their colourful traditions in lyrical form.

judas
21-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Have to say, I thought his celebrations were a bit moronic.

3 match ban seems about right.

danhibees1875
Assuming we progress in Europe he will miss our first 7 games...

Billy Whizz

Was a one match ban, which triggered a suspended 2 game ban

Lago
21-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Bit of harmless fun, but predictable outcome.

21-06-2018, 06:36 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-hit-with-three-match-ban-1-4758104

Will there also be three match bans given to the 1,500 Rangers fans who loudly and repeatedly sang "fenian *******" at him during the same game?

The SFA will do what they always do when it comes to those cretins and their bile - absolutely bugger all. They love saying all the right things about how they want to eradicate bigotry from Scottish football but absolutely weak as **** when it comes down to actually doing anything about it. Thats why the OF sing loudly and proudly in their masses their pish, because they know fine well they will get away with it.

The SFA have no backbone - God forbid upset one of the Glasgow two eh :rolleyes:

The Spaceman
21-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Meh, we did fine when he was in the stands last season. Worth it, anything to wind up Sevco :aok:

21-06-2018, 07:22 PM

It was over the top but can't blame him for wanting to wind up the huns a bit. They give him absolute dogs abuse.

I love the man, his passion and desire to win is just unbelievable. He does over step the mark sometimes but you know what he's the type of manager hibs have been crying out for for years. Guys an absolute winner through and through. He doesn't take any **** and for too long hibs were too soft and too nicey nicey. He won't accept any below par performances and the players seem to really respect him.

I like the way he handled the Stokes situation. Stokes was pissing about, disrespecting the club and fans with his whole Billy Big Baws "i can do what I like" attitude and Lennon quite rightly punted him. Some managers wouldn't have the backbone to do that but lennon wasn't having any player, cup final hero or not, thinking he was bigger than the club. Hopefully that has sent out the message loud and clear to the other players that it doesn't matter who you are, if you take the piss then you're out. Too many lazy, piss takers we've had at the club who were more interested in fannying about than working, part of the reason we ended up relegated. Glad the likes of Stubbs and even more so Lennon have erradicated that kind of culture at hibs.

SideBurns
21-06-2018, 07:25 PM

His celebration was fantastic. I still laugh every time I see it. Couldnae care less about the ban.

kaimendhibs
21-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Naw. It doesnae. He gets banned for celebrating while sectarian abuse goes unpunished

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
21-06-2018, 07:53 PM
It was funny but it was daft and was always going to end in a ban.

Looking at it objectively if it was Levein doing that against us most people would be agreeing with a ban.

BullsCloseHibs
21-06-2018, 08:01 PM
If I were Neil I'd have no hesitation doing this again. Anything that winds up that lot of cockroaches is to be seriously applauded 👏

Well done Neil. Was a nice wee gesture 😁

Carheenlea
21-06-2018, 08:07 PM
A bit of pantomime at the culmination of one of the craziest and fun games seen in Scottish football. Not as seen through the eyes of the joyless blazers in the stuffy corridors of power sadly.

jabis
21-06-2018, 08:25 PM

Your name suits.

Dashing Bob S
21-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Bit of harmless fun, but predictable outcome.

Disagree. This is Scotland and this harmless fun stuff might catch on. Dim-witted sectarian abuse though, it has to be indulged least it die out.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2018, 09:18 PM

With respect that is complete nonsense.

What is really moronic is the constant barrage of sectarian abuse that our manager gets subjected to every time we play the filth that is Rangers.

He was having a wee bit of fun after a crazy, topsy turvy match when we had just come back from 5-3 down. OK he shouldn't have come onto the pitch but there was nothing provocative about his celebration and he stayed well away from the away end whilst he was on the pitch.

Absolutely nothing moronic about it in the slightest.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2018, 09:28 PM
It's one of those strange situations that occurs in a football stadium. One individual doing something daft will potentially end up in a lot of bother but if a big group expresses a prejudice against another then the selective deafness of the authorities kicks in.

If I sat at a game and racially abused a player loudly, sang songs about whatever *******s and made threatening comments about killing people from said race then I'd likely be challenged and either ejected from the stadium or lifted or both. Thousands of Rangers fans indulge in similar behaviour every week and everyone just pretends it isn't happening. Every now and then the papers will report it 'allegedly' happened as if they can't actually hear it but that's about it. Neil Lennon ran about on the pitch for a few seconds though and it's a 3 game ban and the journos prove whilst they are definitely deaf they aren't blind because they definitely saw it happen but can only say NL 'alleged' he was on the receiving end of sectarian abuse.

Scottish football:

Sectrianism - ok
Bigotry - ok
Racism and xenophobia - ok
Celebrating a goal - 3 game ban

Paisley Hibby
21-06-2018, 09:39 PM

Jings, you must be a barrel of laughs at parties...

heretoday
21-06-2018, 10:03 PM
It was funny but it was daft and was always going to end in a ban.

Looking at it objectively if it was Levein doing that against us most people would be agreeing with a ban.
He knew he'd have to pay for it! Great theatre at the time though.

poolman
22-06-2018, 12:36 AM
Ban is correct IMO

Football sees enough bad behaviour without seeing managers celebrating a last minute equaliser

Where will it all end if it's allowed to carry on

monktonharp
22-06-2018, 12:52 AM

3 match ban seems about right.have to say, I thought his celebrations were a bit fantastic, and I also think a 3 match ban was predictable although bloody ridiculous!

banarc7062
22-06-2018, 09:16 AM
The SFA will do what they always do when it comes to those cretins and their bile - absolutely bugger all. They love saying all the right things about how they want to eradicate bigotry from Scottish football but absolutely weak as **** when it comes down to actually doing anything about it. Thats why the OF sing loudly and proudly in their masses their pish, because they know fine well they will get away with it.

The SFA have no backbone - God forbid upset one of the Glasgow two eh :rolleyes:
Spot on. Nothing done by authorities including police, courts and Scottish Parliament to remove this vile from our presence. GGTTH

Deeds
22-06-2018, 09:22 AM
I think we should have that image at the airport with Welcome to Edinburgh underneath

Mick O'Rourke
22-06-2018, 09:46 AM
It is an absolute affront to the good and tolerant people in Scottish society that our Government/Football authorites continue to ignore/hide from the behaviour of a certain element in Scotland.

If the songs/chants that football supporters/citizens have to endure when these bigots come to town is not bad enough,we are soon to be visited,as happens annually, by these bigots,as the marching season approaches.

The OO marches are a magnet for the ignorant and bigoted.
They claim to be an honourable organisation.

There is nothing honourable in the playing of tunes and the singing of songs that are clearly anti Irish Catholic and stopping outside chapels to ramp up the noise/ hatred.

Why is this still tolerated today in Scotland?

Are Roman Catholics set apart from other faiths/ethnic groups that this is still allowed?

Would the establishment tolerate such marches and displays of sectarianism and bigotry,if they were aimed at Muslims or Jews?

Ok ...What i just stated has been said many times before and for decades.

Its way way past time for change/action.

The legislation is there. Bloody enforce it !

On the Hibs front and the ban on Neil.

Our club really need to put their head above the parapet here.

If that means a statement calling out the new club and their fans behaviour during games,then so be it.
Officially and publicly.

Refusing that club any tickets for ER next season would suit me.

Doh Rae Me
22-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Totally agree with above post. As suspected, I'm still waiting for a reply from the SFA, regarding the sectarian abuse suffered by Neil by 1500 of their vile support.

Halmyre Hibee
22-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Give them zero tickets. I see the Brazilian manager over exuberant when they scored in added on time. No doubt viewed differently from our incompetent Scottish football authorities. It’s entertainment for gods sake and part of the game.

malcolm
22-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Scottish football:

Sectrianism - ok
Bigotry - ok
Racism and xenophobia - ok
Celebrating a goal - 3 game ban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44556388

FIFA : Zero tolerance
SFA: Unlimited tolerance

majorhibs
22-06-2018, 08:59 PM
It is an absolute affront to the good and tolerant people in Scottish society that our Government/Football authorites continue to ignore/hide from the behaviour of a certain element in Scotland.

If the songs/chants that football supporters/citizens have to endure when these bigots come to town is not bad enough,we are soon to be visited,as happens annually, by these bigots,as the marching season approaches.

The OO marches are a magnet for the ignorant and bigoted.
They claim to be an honourable organisation.

There is nothing honourable in the playing of tunes and the singing of songs that are clearly anti Irish Catholic and stopping outside chapels to ramp up the noise/ hatred.

Why is this still tolerated today in Scotland?

Are Roman Catholics set apart from other faiths/ethnic groups that this is still allowed?

Would the establishment tolerate such marches and displays of sectarianism and bigotry,if they were aimed at Muslims or Jews?

Ok ...What i just stated has been said many times before and for decades.

Its way way past time for change/action.

The legislation is there. Bloody enforce it !

On the Hibs front and the ban on Neil.

Our club really need to put their head above the parapet here.

If that means a statement calling out the new club and their fans behaviour during games,then so be it.
Officially and publicly.

Refusing that club any tickets for ER next season would suit me.

Somebody somewhere should be recording the names of current people in charge at SFA, at league, in government, in Scotland! Currently in charge. Because soon enough this will become relevant & the people Currently hiding it for their own means & prejudices should be brought to justice.