PDA

View Full Version : Hearts pitch

jax67
21-06-2018, 10:58 AM
I was speaking to a Celtic fan at work recently.
This guy told me that Celtic are having a new hybrid pitch laid at a cost of £2million. I mentioned that hertz were having their hybrid pitch laid at £1million less, and asked if he knew why. I was told that the reason was because the ball is in the air most of the time at Tiny.😂
Sorry, had me in stitches.

scoopyboy
21-06-2018, 11:12 AM
This guy told me that Celtic are having a new hybrid pitch laid at a cost of £2million. I mentioned that hertz were having their hybrid pitch laid at £1million less, and asked if he knew why. I was told that the reason was because the ball is in the air most of the time at Tiny.😂

I have some info on this.

Hearts dug up their pitch the night / day after we played them to try and make good time on this project. I understood that to be fair.

However the next bit beggars belief.

They had announced this would take two years to complete, this amazed me as other clubs or even sports have done it much quicker.

This year they are seeding the pitch and growing the grass, then in the summer of 2019 they are adding the plastic lengths which I understand are around 20cm in length of which 2cm remains above the surface.

So basically Hearts are laying a hybrid pitch for the coming season minus the plastic bits, ie for those viewing in black and white they are simply laying a grass pitch for the coming season.

Sprouleflyer
21-06-2018, 11:13 AM
£2m for a grass/hybrid pitch, where 95% of the pitch is grass?

greenginger
21-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Any idea how long it takes the grass to grow into a suitable playing surface on these types of pitches ?

No sign of any green shoots when I had a peek in a few days ago.

CapitalGreen
21-06-2018, 11:16 AM
I have some info on this.

Hearts dug up their pitch the night / day after we played them to try and make good time on this project. I understood that to be fair.

However the next bit beggars belief.

They had announced this would take two years to complete, this amazed me as other clubs or even sports have done it much quicker.

This year they are seeding the pitch and growing the grass, then in the summer of 2019 they are adding the plastic lengths which I understand are around 20cm in length of which 2cm remains above the surface.

So basically Hearts are laying a hybrid pitch for the coming season minus the plastic bits, ie for those viewing in black and white they are simply laying a grass pitch for the coming season.

Hearts are doing their full pitch this summer, it was Celtic who have done theirs in 2 stages.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1073472/celtic-tear-up-parkhead-pitch-2million-desso-surface/

Keith_M
21-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Hearts are doing their full pitch this summer, it was Celtic who have done theirs in 2 stages.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1073472/celtic-tear-up-parkhead-pitch-2million-desso-surface/

Another 'scoop' ruined

:greengrin

McSwanky
21-06-2018, 01:19 PM

To be fair, their pitch is about half the size of Celtic's.

jax67
21-06-2018, 02:34 PM
To be fair, their pitch is about half the size of Celtic's.

The hertz pitch is smaller, some would argue that it’s the reason they managed to get so close to us (in points) last season. A definite advantage for them.

GreenLake
21-06-2018, 04:05 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about another fund raising stunt.

jax67
21-06-2018, 04:11 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about another fund raising stunt.

😂👌

Ozyhibby
21-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Celtic have a full size pitch so it’s bound to be a bit more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk