PDA

View Full Version : Flight pricing

Johnny_Leith
20-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Hi all,

As we are all looking at booking flights hotels, hostels, trains, etc I thought it might be prudent to pass over how pricing for websites like Skyscanner work.

Firstly, you'll have noticed that the flights have went up in price significantly since the tie was announced.

Simply put: This is because a huge volume of people are looking at flights online and the website knows to put the price up against the demand.

We, as consumers, can actually prevent the prices from going up by clearing our cache, or cookies as you may know if, and browsing in incognito mode.

I've attached a link below which'll explain how to do this and how it all works.

This will literally prevent the prices by going up by hundreds for yourself and fellow Hibees.

https://thriftynomads.com/booking-cheapest-flight-possible-anywhere/

H18 SFR
20-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Everything you say is spot on. Sadly I've experienced this with Scotland games, and even to a lesser extent a couple larger stag do's. Despite best efforts, not everyone will take note.

stoneyburn hibs
20-06-2018, 06:35 PM
Hi all,

As we are all looking at booking flights hotels, hostels, trains, etc I thought it might be prudent to pass over how pricing for websites like Skyscanner work.

Firstly, you'll have noticed that the flights have went up in price significantly since the tie was announced.

Simply put: This is because a huge volume of people are looking at flights online and the website knows to put the price up against the demand.

We, as consumers, can actually prevent the prices from going up by clearing our cache, or cookies as you may know if, and browsing in incognito mode.

I've attached a link below which'll explain how to do this and how it all works.

This will literally prevent the prices by going up by hundreds for yourself and fellow Hibees.

I tend to find that Momondo is a wee bit better than Skyscanner in their pricing, and there's no need to clear your cache when repeatedly using it.

Johnny_Leith
20-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Everything you say is spot on. Sadly I've experienced this with Scotland games, and even to a lesser extent a couple larger stag do's. Despite best efforts, not everyone will take note.

Definitely fighting a losing battle. Worse comes of it hopefully some people can save a few quid booking holidays (and more Hibs European adventures) in future.

Big_Franck
20-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Hi all,

Cheers for posting that link. I already knew some of it but there are a few sites in there I'd never heard of and i'm sure they'll come in handy :aok:

Boyle89
20-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Theres more than one use for incognito mode?