PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EUROPA LEAGUE DATES CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
20-06-2018, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8854)

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 04:34 PM
£23 is an absolute joke Hibs. Nice low attendance now. :rolleyes:

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Can't wait, bring on the Faroe Islanders!

we are hibs
Scandalous pricing. Hibs only themselves to blame when the crowd is below 8000

Scottie
Not often I agree with you HC but your spot on on this :agree:

Cletus
20-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Nothing scandalous about it. Perfectly normal price for European football imho. Hibs hope to boost the transfer kitty as much as poss, they’ve decided this price gives them optimum income. Get over it ffs.

Mikey
20-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Nothing scandalous about it. Perfectly normal price for European football imho. Hibs hope to boost the transfer kitty as much as poss, they’ve decided this price gives them optimum income. Get over it ffs.

:top marks

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 04:42 PM

You think it will be £23 to get in at the away leg?
No chance

Hermit Crab

Bollocks this is nothing more than a glorified friendly against trawlermen and lighthouse keepers. (no disrespect intended). Prices should have been adjusted accordingly.

Dalianwanda
Don’t see the problem with the pricing? It’s not a friendly.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 04:43 PM
You think it will be £23 to get in at the away leg?
No chance

How much was Brondby away, I remember it being cheap no?

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 04:44 PM
How much was Brondby away, I remember it being cheap no?

About £8, and £6 or so in Malmo

we are hibs

£23 to watch us play a part time side in the first round of the Europa league is ridiculous imo. Especially when people will be on holiday so the crowd won't be great already but the price will put people off especially when we will more than likely to go through

Heckys Wheel

Absolutely right.

European night or not, that’s the price to get into the football these days.

nellio
Does seem a bit steep. I would say 15 or 20 max would be fairer.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Absolutely right.

That's dearer than a Cat B match in the league!

Sir David Gray
20-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Ridiculous pricing in my opinion but I'll be there regardless.

I think this will put a lot of people off.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Absolutely right.

So if we get through is it going to be £30 or more because its the next round and its against a bigger club?? :confused:

bod
20-06-2018, 04:47 PM
I expected between £15-£20 for this.

Dalianwanda
20-06-2018, 04:48 PM
So if we get through is it going to be £30 or more because its the next round and its against a bigger club?? :confused:

probably better asking the ticket office.

Heckys Wheel
20-06-2018, 04:49 PM

By what? £3 or something?

It’s a European game and like it or not, talk of getting into see Hibs for a tenner these days just isn’t realistic.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 04:51 PM
By what? £3 or something?

It’s a European game and like it or not, talk of getting into see Hibs for a tenner these days just isn’t realistic.

Aye? £6 a week on Saturday.

Michael
20-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Attendance will be pretty low however they price it. Can't say it's good value for money, but it all helps the club.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 04:53 PM
It's not just the £23 which is wrong.

£35 for an adult and child under 16 is far too expensive.

For this tie, I'd have preferred Hibs to earn a bit less, but have a much larger crowd.

At least there will be plenty room for those who do go and the seagulls won't be scared by the noise.

Big_Franck
20-06-2018, 04:58 PM
23 quid for a game against part-timers from the Faroes?!? Who decides things like this? Because whoever it is has got this badly wrong.

There will be about 6 or 7,000 at the game now.

Heckys Wheel
20-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Aye? £6 a week on Saturday.

Let’s be honest mate, with the amount of moaning you do about Hibs pricing, maybe you’d be better following Linlithgow Rose. You’re obviously struggling to afford to follow a club of Hibs’ stature.

Cod Boy
20-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Bollocks this is nothing more than a glorified friendly against trawlermen and lighthouse keepers. (no disrespect intended). Prices should have been adjusted accordingly.

Totally agree milking the fans

B.H.F.C
20-06-2018, 05:02 PM

No it’s not. That’s standard cat B pricing this year.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Let’s be honest mate, with the amount of moaning you do about Hibs pricing, maybe you’d be better following Linlithgow Rose. You’re obviously struggling to afford to follow a club of Hibs’ stature.

Are you my bank manager like? You know hee haw about my finances yet you make a quite ridiculous assumption that I cant afford to follow Hibs.

:faf:

JimBHibees
20-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Cheery and positive as ever. Get over yourself ffs.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Cheery and positive as ever. Get over yourself ffs.

Go and have a go at Hibbyradge who also posted about the prices, I'm not the only one complaining.

JimBHibees
20-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Go and have a go at Hibbyradge who also posted about the prices, I'm not the only one complaining.

Difference being he regularly posts positively.

Onion
20-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Nothing wrong with the pricing and just another step to helping Lennon build a team/squad capable of competing in the Europa & Prem League next season. Will be a great turn out at ER to cheer the boys on.

we are hibs

What about the people who are going over to the away leg and paying a fortune who have to add another £23 on top of that for the home leg plus the next round if/when we go through.

Bob Box Fish
I think quite a few people will miss hanlons testimonial now to go to this. Price is ridiculous

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:19 PM

Are you Lee Wallace?

LancashireHibby
20-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Stunned at the price. Will still be attending if I can but I don’t blame anyone who doesn’t bother

telford hibbee
20-06-2018, 05:21 PM
£23 to see Hibs in Europe. This is something we haven’t seen very often in recent years. There is no guarantee that dropping the prices would increase the gate considerably. Personally I’m gutted that I’m away on holiday and won’t get to the game.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Are you Lee Wallace?

Lee Wallace aka pistol Pete? :gun:

andy1875
20-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Hibs in Europe doesnt come around every year so I am happy to pay whatever the club charge. After all, the money stays with the club.

This isnt a snide dig at anyone else by the way that feels it’s too pricey, thats their opinion, but for me I am happy to pay the same price as a Cat B SPFL game no matter who we play in Europe.

GGTTH

Heckys Wheel
20-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Are you my bank manager like? You know hee haw about my finances yet you make a quite ridiculous assumption that I cant afford to follow Hibs.

:faf:

:hilarious:

I’m being facetious. Because we both know that it’s not really about the price. Don’t we?

For one reason or another you just love a moan.

It’s £23 for an adult to get into a Hibs European tie at Easter Road. That’s a fair price to get into Easter Road for a competitive game these days. Whether the opposition’s goalkeeper has a second job as a fisherman is completely irrelevant.

But out of interest, why do you moan so much? :dunno:

Stantons Angel
20-06-2018, 05:28 PM

We either pay it or we dont! its that easy really

Yes they are part timers but this is a big competition we are entering. Complain when you are charged £32 for climbing those steps to watch the part timers along the road.

I would imagine that it would be much more if we had drawn a bigger club, so lets get real about this.

If some can afford to travel to the away leg then surely £23 isnt too much for the home leg?

The season isnt started yet and folk are moaning already! nothings changed.

hibbyfraelibby
20-06-2018, 05:29 PM
£23 X even a 10k crowd gets us just shy of a quarter million. That then gets spent on the team....Dylan anyone?

Danderhall Hibs
20-06-2018, 05:35 PM
£82 for me and my lot (if I buy in advance) then the day before we go on holiday. Will need to see how the money is nearer the time.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:37 PM
£23 X even a 10k crowd gets us just shy of a quarter million. That then gets spent on the team....Dylan anyone?

We won't sell 10k full price tickets.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:40 PM
We either pay it or we dont! its that easy really

Yes they are part timers but this is a big competition we are entering. Complain when you are charged £32 for climbing those steps to watch the part timers along the road.

I would imagine that it would be much more if we had drawn a bigger club, so lets get real about this.

If some can afford to travel to the away leg then surely £23 isnt too much for the home leg?

The season isnt started yet and folk are moaning already! nothings changed.

The folk going to the away games will be at the first leg. Of course they will.

But the vast majority of fans won't be going abroad.

I've usually supported the club in their pricing decisions, but this time, with these opponents during peak Edinburgh holidays, they've got it wrong.

IGRIGI
20-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Call it "European Football" but its not exactly AEK Athens or Dnipro, it's glorified Intertoto cup material.

ruthven_raiders
20-06-2018, 05:49 PM
I think quite a few people will miss hanlons testimonial now to go to this. Price is ridiculous

Could have been a little bit cheaper, had just paid out £60(family of 4) for Paul Hanlon match, so another £72 just before going on holiday was just too much I'm afraid. Hopefully get thru this game and next round as I'll miss home leg while on holiday. No matter what, if your team is more successful then you end up paying more anyway....price of success 😀

brog
20-06-2018, 05:51 PM

I think we will. I find the outcry amazing. There's threads & comments all over the place about people wanting to go to San Marino & now possibly Greece to see Hibs but we're complaining about paying £23 for a home european tie. There's another major thread about HSL where people say they prefer to support Hibs by going to ER. Well here's their chance. What price would be right? Someone suggests 15-20 so say in the middle £17.50. The difference is basically the cost of an overpriced pint up town. Are people really not going to support Hibs because of that?

eastterrace
20-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Could have been a little bit cheaper, had just paid out £60(family of 4) for Paul Hanlon match, so another £72 just before going on holiday was just too much I'm afraid. Hopefully get thru this game and next round as I'll miss home leg while on holiday. No matter what, if your team is more successful then you end up paying more anyway....price of success [emoji3]

Do season ticket holders get 10% discount on this game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stantonhibby
20-06-2018, 05:52 PM
I think we will. I find the outcry amazing. There's threads & comments all over the place about people wanting to go to San Marino & now possibly Greece to see Hibs but we're complaining about paying £23 for a home european tie. There's another major thread about HSL where people say they prefer to support Hibs by going to ER. Well here's their chance. What price would be right? Someone suggests 15-20 so say in the middle £17.50. The difference is basically the cost of an overpriced pint up town. Are people really not going to support Hibs because of that?

Spot on

skyhibs
20-06-2018, 05:56 PM
I won’t need to get the night off now... far too expensive

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:57 PM

It's not about the folk who can afford to go abroad.

It's about the majority.

hibbyfraelibby
20-06-2018, 05:59 PM

We will sell more than enough.

Amazed at the outrage by some on here who on the one hand want to pay Mr Thomas Cook £400 to see Hibs away but wont pay the cost of duty free bottle to see them at home.

We have sold 13k+ season tickets and any of those not on holiday who doesnt buy a ticket for this game at those prices wonder why "loyalty" schemes work against them.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 06:03 PM

Amazed at the outrage by some on here who on the one hand want to pay Mr Thomas Cook £400 to see Hibs away but wont pay the cost of duty free bottle to see them at home.

We have sold 13k+ season tickets and any of those not on holiday who doesnt buy a ticket for this game at those prices wonder why "loyalty" schemes work against them.

A few hundred fans will go abroad.

They'll be at the home game against Runavik.

The issue concerns the vast majority who can't afford to go to the away games.

I can afford to go to the games but I still think that folk are being priced out.

brog
20-06-2018, 06:06 PM
It's not about the folk who can afford to go abroad.

It's about the majority.

I know & understand that D but I'm just surprised that people expected to pay less for a European tie than for the opportunity to see Hamilton or Livi.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 06:07 PM
I know & understand that D but I'm just surprised that people expected to pay less for a European tie than for the opportunity to see Hamilton or Livi.

Hamilton and livi are included in the season ticket.

If we draw them in the cup, the crowd will be much lower than the league games.

RyeSloan
20-06-2018, 06:19 PM

You make valid points but the majority won’t travel and those that do will probably pay whatever the home price is.

But in the point of it being priced to make maximum gain you are probably right and one one level that’s what the club needs to do. I also agree that discounts of £5 - £7.50 probably won’t effect the gate too much and almost certainty not enough to make up the shortfall.

But on another level Hibs are more than just a business they are a club in quite a wide sense. That club needs to consider its members (season ticket holders), it’s wider supporter base and how it interacts with them.

This game would appear to have been a good opportunity to show some consideration to the support given so far (record season ticket sales), the level of opposition (no matter the deemed value of the competition that the match is taking place within) and that it is a time of year where families often have holiday expenses.

So the answer is probably in the middle and even rounding down to £20 and £10 would probably have been enough to strike the balance as £37 for a parent and child for the game does instinctively feel a bit on the steep side.

And finally your points are being made on affordability....but I would suggest that just because you can afford it doesn’t stop you also considering the value for money received.

Since90+2
20-06-2018, 06:20 PM
I do think it's probably overpriced by about a fiver but I can see why Hibs have done it as they now have to charter a plane to and from the Faroe Islands which can't be cheap and they need to try and make money out of these ties.

I think the attendance would be about 10k regardless if it's priced at £18 or £23.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 06:22 PM
I do think it's probably overpriced by about a fiver but I can see why Hibs have done it as they now have to charter a plane to and from the Faroe Islands which can't be cheap and they need to try and make money out of these ties.

I think the attendance would be about 10k regardless if it's priced at £18 or £23.

The fans will pay for the chartered plane...

brog
Hamilton and livi are included in the season ticket.

If we draw them in the cup, the crowd will be much lower than the league games.

Not everyone has a season ticket. On the one hand we expect every fan to be able to afford several hundreds of pounds for a season but not £23 for a european cuptie. I fully appreciate many people have to pick & choose their football, I'm just surprised people expected to pay reduced prices for this game.

G B Young
Delighted to see Hibs back in Europe but I agree the pricing for this tie is surprisingly steep. Should be a maximum of £20 for an adult ticket and a tenner for kids to try to encourage a decent crowd along. In fact, a fiver for kids would be a better incentive as I'd imagine quite a few folk (myself included) would have been considering taking kids along seeing it's not on a school night. However, those prices will probably make some think again.

Since90+2
20-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Will the fans who travel on the official charter cover the cost? I've no idea how much it costs to charter a plane to and from the Faroes and the club are maybe just protecting themselves which is understandable as these ties are meant to bring in money.

Smartie
20-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Aye, it's a bit steep.

But it will be the first chance to see Hibs in competitive action this season, so I'll pay it.

And if you'd asked me 4 years ago if I'd accept an argument about the price of European football in only 4 short years............

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Not everyone has a season ticket. On the one hand we expect every fan to be able to afford several hundreds of pounds for a season but not £23 for a european cuptie. I fully appreciate many people have to pick & choose their football, I'm just surprised people expected to pay reduced prices for this game.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :aok:

I hope I'm wrong and a big crowd turns up.

From an income maximising point of view, Hibs have done the right thing. I just wish their decision had been about maximising the attendance.

hibee_girl
20-06-2018, 06:34 PM
We pay around £15/£20 just for league cup or Scottish cup games at Easter Road so I’m not sure why anyone thought we’d pay around that for a European match.

If you’d told us 4 years ago we’d be playing in Europe after finishing 4th in our first year back we’d all have paid any price!

I’m missing both home games, I’d have paid anything to go (well not anything, I’m not getting an early flight home or anything :greengrin )

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Will the fans who travel on the official charter cover the cost? I've no idea how much it costs to charter a plane to and from the Faroes and the club are maybe just protecting themselves which is understandable as these ties are meant to bring in money.

I don't know to what extent, but fans will definitely offset the cost. I don't blame them in the slightest, by the way.

It was fun travelling with the players last time I did it. I seem to recall Gareth Evans was worse for wear on the way home and Andy Goran with a stewardess's headscarf and apron, serving coffee. :hilarious

scm70nyd1973
20-06-2018, 06:42 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8854)

Flip side for me - I’m traveling back from New Zealand for this one so it could be £230 for all I care as I am just so excited to be at the game, at ER and sharing a few beers with my old pals 😄. I just hope that I get a ticket !!

brog
20-06-2018, 07:04 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. :aok:

I hope I'm wrong and a big crowd turns up.

From an income maximising point of view, Hibs have done the right thing. I just wish their decision had been about maximising the attendance.

Agreed, we both want the same thing.

JimBHibees
20-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Don't see an issue with the pricing truly amazed there is any issue with this.

Bob Box Fish
20-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Ahhh bugger it’s a rip off but I’m going.

Mantis Toboggan
20-06-2018, 08:09 PM
How is that a rip off exactly?
What were people expecting?
Even on a European campaign the usual suspects are out.

JimBHibees
20-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Agree totally don't get it.

tamig
20-06-2018, 08:11 PM

Away you go man. How often are we in Europe? A fair priice. The opposition shouldn’t come into it.

SON OF PADDY
20-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Away you go man. How often are we in Europe? A fair priice. The opposition shouldn’t come into it.

Correct on both counts mate.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Wish we had never qualified, then the moaners could have felt all satisfied at (not) having to pay £23 to watch this fixture.

hibbyfraelibby
20-06-2018, 08:46 PM

Of course they will...through the home ticket price. Just as they pay for away league game overnight accommodation and coach.

PatHead
20-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Wish we had never qualified, then the moaners could have felt all satisfied at (not) having to pay £23 to watch this fixture.

Seemingly a pound dearer than the Brondby match.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 08:56 PM

That's not why people think the price should be lower.