PDA

View Full Version : Europa Travel Thread. Serious Input Welcome

Pages : [1] 2

Iggy Pope
20-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Can we have a thread that's dedicated to sharing travel ideas in what is looking like (hopefully two) tricky trips for the intrepid Hibby?
Try and keep all the puns and backbiting chit chat elsewhere. It's worked on campaigns previous and that's one of the good things about a fans forum I reckon.

Personally I'm open to hearing anything about how people might find their way there from anywhere in the UK, and I'm ready to hop on to anything, but I reckon charter deals are looking the best bet for either.

The last trip to Greece resulted in a week in Aegina for me and plenty of others and no game! Been plenty of helpful shared discussion and links on here since to places like Vilnius, Dnipropetrovsk, Dauguvpils, Maribor, Malmo and Copenhagen as well as getting to friendlies in Germany, Ireland, Holland, Belgium and Ireland amongst others.

Thoughts welcome.
Let's help as many Hibbies get there as possible.

zlatan
20-06-2018, 04:55 PM
http://www.ktelarkadias.gr/%CF%85%CF%80%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B9%C E%BA%CE%AC-%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%BF%CE%BB%CF%8C%CE%B3%CE%B9%C E%B1/%CE%B1%CE%B8%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CF%84%CF%81%CE%AF%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%B7/

This looks like a bus timetable for Athens to Tripoli to get this thread up and running

Iggy Pope
20-06-2018, 04:58 PM
http://www.ktelarkadias.gr/%CF%85%CF%80%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B9%C E%BA%CE%AC-%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%BF%CE%BB%CF%8C%CE%B3%CE%B9%C E%B1/%CE%B1%CE%B8%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CF%84%CF%81%CE%AF%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%B7/

This looks like a bus timetable for Athens to Tripoli to get this thread up and running

:greengrin

Dunfyhibee
20-06-2018, 05:07 PM
A question for fans thinking about making the possible Greece trip, will it be best to stay in tripolis the night of the game and Athens the rest of the nights or is staying in tripolis every night the preferred option?

My_Wife_Camille
20-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Good thread, especially interested if anyone has any creative ways to make Faroes without it costing a stupid amount. Would be happy to do some daft travelling to keep the cost down

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 05:08 PM
A question for fans thinking about making the possible Greece trip, will it be best to stay in tripolis the night of the game and Athens the rest of the nights or is staying in tripolis every night the preferred option?

You’d want to stay locally, night of the game

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 05:13 PM

Hotels are sold out in Tripolis on the night of the game on booking.com

JeMeSouviens
20-06-2018, 05:17 PM

If you've not been to Athens before, definitely have some nights there. It's a brilliant city.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Hotels are sold out in Tripolis on the night of the game on booking.com

They were probably only holding a few anyway

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 05:19 PM

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Good thread, especially interested if anyone has any creative ways to make Faroes without it costing a stupid amount. Would be happy to do some daft travelling to keep the cost down

Going via Amsterdam or Copenhagen are your best bet but you’ll be lucky to get anything below £400.

marinello59
20-06-2018, 05:20 PM

There’s only a limited amount of hotels there and the prices went up quickly. . We’re looking at taxi/minibus hire from Athens for the game.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Iggy, great thread, other than Athens, what are the other nearest airports to Tripoli

andyf5
20-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Can we have a thread that's dedicated to sharing travel ideas in what is looking like (hopefully two) tricky trips for the intrepid Hibby?
Try and keep all the puns and backbiting chit chat elsewhere. It's worked on campaigns previous and that's one of the good things about a fans forum I reckon.

Personally I'm open to hearing anything about how people might find their way there from anywhere in the UK, and I'm ready to hop on to anything, but I reckon charter deals are looking the best bet for either.

The last trip to Greece resulted in a week in Aegina for me and plenty of others and no game! Been plenty of helpful shared discussion and links on here since to places like Vilnius, Dnipropetrovsk, Dauguvpils, Maribor, Malmo and Copenhagen as well as getting to friendlies in Germany, Ireland, Holland, Belgium and Ireland amongst others.

Thoughts welcome.
Let's help as many Hibbies get there as possible.

I tried to pull together some information which was partly my own research on the possibility of going to the ties. It's here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/ (https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/). Happy for folk to collate information there if felt useful.

Speedy
20-06-2018, 05:34 PM

When I looked earlier it was £300 return from Edinburgh for direct flights (Thursday to Monday).

Biggest tip/request is for people to browse in private/incognito/secret mode when searching for flights. As is it we are all collectively shafting each other.

andyf5
20-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Iggy, great thread, other than Athens, what are the other nearest airports to Tripoli

map here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/flight-prices-edi-to-2nd-qualifying-round-opponent/

Zanti flights showing for £80 return but no idea how to get from there to football ground. There is an airport nearby called Kalamata International (KLX) but only flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester and they are expensive and on latter 2 a Saturday only.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:41 PM
There’s only a limited amount of hotels there and the prices went up quickly. . We’re looking at taxi/minibus hire from Athens for the game.

Keep me posted with what you learn please, J.

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Keep me posted with what you learn please, J.Could we try and sort a .net bus from Athens on the day of the game?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

St Pauli Hibee
20-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Could we try and sort a .net bus from Athens on the day of the game?

This 👍👍 as I said on another thread I think a few coaches would be feasible for fans to and from Athens as hotels are all but gone nearby

andyf5
20-06-2018, 05:48 PM

Thomas Cook are doing a week in Greece for £420....at the nearest airport to the ground. link (https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/flight-prices-edi-to-2nd-qualifying-round-opponent/)

TheReg!
20-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Can someone confirm the possible dates for the 2nd round game in Greece please, getting different answers.
I’ve pre booked a hotel for £74 for two nights on thinking it’s the 2nd of August

andyf5
20-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Can someone confirm the possible dates for the 2nd round game in Greece please, getting different answers.
I’ve pre booked a hotel for £74 for two nights on thinking it’s the 2nd of August

The Herald report (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16302919.Hibernian_can_set_up_clash_with_Greek_clu b_Asteras_Tripolis_with_win_over_Faroes_minnows_NS I_Runavik/) has the game in Greece on 27 July.....but Uefa site does not say. I thought the first name drawn was at home.

AldoHFC
20-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know how to get from Toftir to Torshavn after the match for the Runavik game? Doesn't seem any public transport and is an hour drive so would imagine a taxi (if there are any) would be extortionate and there doesn't seem to be any accommodation near the ground.

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 06:03 PM

August 2nd

Iggy Pope
20-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Faroe Islands
Spoke to a good mate who made the Scotland trip on the charter and he reckons it was about £300 max. Nothing like the money being talked about on the other thread. Was chartered independently through the TA website and not the SFA, by a fellah in Aberdeen (?) who put it out there for interest and then first dabs. Maybe about 200 made the trip. I'll share anything else he lets me know after he digs about. Maybe one or two on here were on the trip?

Tripoli
It googles a drive of less than 2 hours from Athens. Cab sharing or bus hire must be an option and digs in the fleshpots of Athens????
Don't think my boss or my bank will let me squeeze in a week island hopping.
Even a hired car and a willing god fearing teetotal nutcase to drive there and back....

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know how to get from Toftir to Torshavn after the match for the Runavik game? Doesn't seem any public transport and is an hour drive so would imagine a taxi (if there are any) would be extortionate and there doesn't seem to be any accommodation near the ground.

taxi.fo suggests a 1 hour taxi ride to be £45-60

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Faroe Islands
Spoke to a good mate who made the Scotland trip on the charter and he reckons it was about £300 max. Nothing like the money being talked about on the other thread. Was chartered independently through the TA website and not the SFA, by a fellah in Aberdeen (?) who put it out there for interest and then first dabs. Maybe about 200 made the trip. I'll share anything else he lets me know after he digs about. Maybe one or two on here were on the trip?

Tripoli
It googles a drive of less than 2 hours from Athens. Cab sharing or bus hire must be an option and digs in the fleshpots of Athens????
Don't think my boss or my bank will let me squeeze in a week island hopping.
Even a hired car and a willing god fearing teetotal nutcase to drive there and back....

Poster HI8SRY is a ERCoM TA member, maybe he can find out about a charter flight?

If a charter is that price to Faroes Island and back then count me in. :aok:

I think the big money chat is coming from Brondby away which was £750 travelling with the team and 1 night in a B+B, if its anything like that for the Faroes then forget it.

TelaStella
20-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Has anyone any idea what the ticket arrangements will be like for the Greece away game? Easy to get or will we all have to sit in a phone que for 3 hours? Never had the pleasure of following us away in Europe so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Has anyone any idea what the ticket arrangements will be like for the Greece away game? Easy to get or will we all have to sit in a phone que for 3 hours? Never had the pleasure of following us away in Europe so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm hoping for an online scramble personally

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Poster HI8SRY is a ERCoM TA member, maybe he can find out about a charter flight?

I think the big money chat is coming from Brondby away which was £750 travelling with the team and 1 night in a B+B, if its anything like that for the Faroes then forget it.

I'd be in at that price. To be honest, it's time that's my enemy as I've put money aside (within reason) but I can only realistically go if it's for 1 night.

H18 SFR
20-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Zing Travel in Great Junction Street are apparently looking at a charter to Faroes.

BullsCloseHibs
20-06-2018, 07:14 PM
map here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/flight-prices-edi-to-2nd-qualifying-round-opponent/

Zanti flights showing for £80 return but no idea how to get from there to football ground. There is an airport nearby called Kalamata International (KLX) but only flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester and they are expensive and on latter 2 a Saturday only.

Be around £120 from Zante to Athens. You could fly back single Athens to any UK airport

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 07:15 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the size of the stand allocated to away fans tickets will not be a problem. See here. https://footballtripper.com/theodoros-kolokotronis-stadium-asteras-tripoli/#Away_Fans

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 07:16 PM
Zing Travel in Great Junction Street are apparently looking at a charter to Faroes.

Let us know if you hear anything.

H18 SFR
20-06-2018, 07:16 PM
Let us know if you hear anything.

Will do.

nonshinyfinish
20-06-2018, 07:19 PM
Posted this on the draw thread – I don't think the Athens–Tripoli train that some mentioned runs anymore.

Seen a few people mention a Hellenic Railways train from Athens to Tripoli. As far as I can see this train no longer exists – the Hellenic Railways site (https://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/) doesn't have Tripoli as a destination, and Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripol...Transportation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli,_Greece#Transportation)) says trains on that route stopped in 2010.

The transport options I can see are hiring a car or getting the bus (takes about 3 hours, runs hourly).

I'll be on the bus. :aok:

Iggy Pope
20-06-2018, 07:25 PM

There's no way the TA charter I'm speaking of was anything like that money. Nothing close.
Ronnie will know.

I never took the Athens charter for example. Anyone recall the damage there? (Albeit it was early in the current century)

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Posted this on the draw thread – I don't think the Athens–Tripoli train that some mentioned runs anymore.

I looked as well and it seems like the train service finished when the country collapsed financially a few years back.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 07:28 PM
There's no way the TA charter I'm speaking of was anything like that money. Nothing close.
Ronnie will know.

I never took the Athens charter for example. Anyone recall the damage there? (Albeit it was early in the current century)

I didn't but I'm sure it was £500

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Judging by the size of the stand allocated to away fans tickets will not be a problem. See here. https://footballtripper.com/theodoros-kolokotronis-stadium-asteras-tripoli/#Away_Fans

1,665 seats in the away end according to your link, I’ll be able to keep a seat free beside me for my Souvlaki and Ouzo.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 07:30 PM
1,665 seats in the away end according to your link, I’ll be able to keep a seat free beside me for my Souvlaki and Ouzo.

:greengrin, plenty room for everyone plus their carryout.

Bobby's Cinema
20-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Is anyone potentially travelling from crete:greengrin? Ill be there for 2 weeks during the tie and looking into this now. It looks difficult for being relatively close

Iggy Pope
20-06-2018, 07:33 PM
I didn't but I'm sure it was £500

I got a week in Aegina, flights and Athens / Piraeus / Aegina transfers by bus and boat for that. I didn't even lay that out for Dnipro via Kiev. Let's see what others come up with.

tamig
20-06-2018, 07:36 PM

Vlad could have made a killing.

Jamesie
20-06-2018, 07:41 PM
I got a week in Aegina, flights and Athens / Piraeus / Aegina transfers by bus and boat for that. I didn't even lay that out for Dnipro via Kiev. Let's see what others come up with.

We were most likely on the same trip - Saturday to Saturday from Manchester? Will be good to finally get to see Hisb play in Greece (hopefully!) :greengrin

Greenfly
20-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Faroe Islands are a swine to get to unless flying, which can be very pricey. I said similar in another thread but the Noronna (Smyril Line) only sails now from Hirtshals in Northern Denmark. Used to call at Scrabster then Lerwick but not done for some years. It's a beautiful boat but takes about 36 hours, which is a very long time in the North Atlantic swell if the sea is rough. If you do go stay for a few days if you can and get out to some of the isles - don't just stay in Torshavn. Kunoy, Kalsoy and Vidoy are particularly stunning. Public bus service is good but best to hire a car. Prices are pretty brutal for everything though fuel is a little cheaper than here. Most prices are like Norway plus another 10% or so for island costs. But it's an amazingly beautiful place with cracking people and culturally very vibrant. I've been three times and would love to go again. They're absolutely passionate about their football. There are very few pubs and be warned - public drunkenness is strongly frowned on - maybe just as well given the price of a pint! Hotels are very dear but self catering is better though you're unlikely to get one for anything less than a week.

GRA
20-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Is anyone potentially travelling from crete:greengrin? Ill be there for 2 weeks during the tie and looking into this now. It looks difficult for being relatively closeI was considering this as well! A week in Crete followed by trip to game if we make it through. Flights to Athens are cheap but the issue is then getting to Tripoli.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

GRA
20-06-2018, 08:46 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm in the same boat mate! Never followed Hibs abroad in Europe and now is my opportunity! Just got to ponder if I prioritise Faroes or gamble with Greece [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

cleanyman
20-06-2018, 08:55 PM
I cannae drive so I'll chuck in fifty quid for someone to drive me to Tripoli.

If your chat is good I'll throw in a hundred.

BullsCloseHibs
20-06-2018, 09:00 PM
£617 return Gatwick to Kalamata (nr Tripoli, Greece) Thursday to Saturday! Just wow!!

Nakedmanoncrack
20-06-2018, 09:03 PM
How far from airport to the stadium in Faroe Isles? Direct flight from Edinburgh in at 15.35.

Hibrandenburg
20-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Tripolis is a 24hr drive from Berlin. I'm thinking of taking the boy and our newly acquired sleeps 6 Hibby mobile and making a 7 day road trip out of it. Providing we qualify of course.

nonshinyfinish
20-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Tripolis is a 24hr drive from Berlin. I'm thinking of taking the boy and our newly acquired sleeps 6 Hibby mobile and making a 7 day road trip out of it. Providing we qualify of course.

You might be able to make your petrol money back if you pick a few folk up in Athens. :hmmm:

H18 SFR
20-06-2018, 09:36 PM

This has caught my attention! Where would you stop on the way there and back?

Greenfly
20-06-2018, 09:42 PM
How far from airport to the stadium in Faroe Isles? Direct flight from Edinburgh in at 15.35.

About 40 mins drive if the game is moved to Torshavn - 50 mins+ if playing in Runavik. There's also a public helicopter service from airport to Torshavn (10 mins or so) but obviously limited space. If hiring a car it's about £20 each way toll through the tunnel from Vagar (airport island) to Streymoy (where Torshavn is). Bridge from Streymoy to Eysturoy (where Runavik is) is toll free.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Could we try and sort a .net bus from Athens on the day of the game?

I'm not sure if this is a genuine suggestion or not but this would really appeal to me. Flights to Athens seem to be the best option and getting from Athens to Tripoli isn't easy.

If this gets off the ground as an idea I would certainly be interested provided it's accessible for a wheelchair.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-06-2018, 10:06 PM
About 40 mins drive if the game is moved to Torshavn - 50 mins+ if playing in Runavik. There's also a public helicopter service from airport to Torshavn (10 mins or so) but obviously limited space. If hiring a car it's about £20 each way toll through the tunnel from Vagar (airport island) to Streymoy (where Torshavn is). Bridge from Streymoy to Eysturoy (where Runavik is) is toll free.

Thanks, and Toftir?
This is on the official site:

''The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).''

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure if this is a genuine suggestion or not but this would really appeal to me. Flights to Athens seem to be the best option and getting from Athens to Tripoli isn't easy.

If this gets off the ground as an idea I would certainly be interested provided it's accessible for a wheelchair.Yes it was a serious suggesting. I'll start a separate thread after the home game and see if we can get the bus rolling.

Greenfly
20-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Thanks, and Toftir?
This is on the official site:

''The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).''

Didn't realise that - Toftir is just 5 minutes from Runavik - closer to Torshavn and airport. Toftir's another very exposed ground - the one where Scotland played when Garry O'Connor scored in a 2 - 0 barely deserved win for Scotland. It was used for international games until they moved them to Torshavn. It's got no cover at all but I think it's still a grass pitch (one of only 2 in the country).

Nakedmanoncrack
20-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Didn't realise that - Toftir is just 5 minutes from Runavik - closer to Torshavn and airport. Toftir's another very exposed ground - the one where Scotland played when Garry O'Connor scored in a 2 - 0 barely deserved win for Scotland. It was used for international games until they moved them to Torshavn. It's got no cover at all but I think it's still a grass pitch (one of only 2 in the country).

Sounds good, doesn't seem to have a lot of hotels though, that's next thing to sort.

HibeeDaz6270
20-06-2018, 10:41 PM
We have booked
Edinburgh to zante 29th July
3 nights in zante.

going to travel to tripolis on the 1st ( 6 hour via bus /ferry )

3 nights in tripolis
Fly back from athens on saturday to london
London to edinburgh

the 3 flights + hotel in zante for 3 night & Hotel in tripoli for 3 nights cost us £340 each approx

Just need to sort the bus/ferry which im told will be around £30 or so.

Danderhall Hibs
20-06-2018, 10:43 PM
We have booked
Edinburgh to zante 29th june.
3 nights in zante.

3 nights in tripolis
London to edinburgh

the 3 flights + hotel in zante for 3 night cost us £260 each approx

just need to sort the bus ( estimated £30-£40 ) + 3 nights in tripoli )

Just to sort the bus AND swap the dates you’re going. :hilarious

HibeeDaz6270
20-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Just to sort the bus AND swap the dates you’re going. :hilarious
oooops, July

Greenfly
20-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Sounds good, doesn't seem to have a lot of hotels though, that's next thing to sort.

There isn't much in that area. It's a series of several villages pretty much joined together and strung along a fjord - docks and houses. It's probably the least touristy part of the whole country - and the least bonnie as well. Torshavn is your best bet for hotel choice but they're all very dear. There's also one right beside the airport but it looks horrible from the outside - no idea what it's like inside. Prices are all pretty brutal I'm afraid. There are a couple of hostel options too but it's not geared up for tourists in the way that most of Scotland is.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 10:46 PM
oooops, July

From where

Nakedmanoncrack
20-06-2018, 10:50 PM
There isn't much in that area. It's a series of several villages pretty much joined together and strung along a fjord - docks and houses. It's probably the least touristy part of the whole country - and the least bonnie as well. Torshavn is your best bet for hotel choice but they're all very dear. There's also one right beside the airport but it looks horrible from the outside - no idea what it's like inside. Prices are all pretty brutal I'm afraid. There are a couple of hostel options too but it's not geared up for tourists in the way that most of Scotland is.

Ta again for your help, is this any good:

http://www.make.fo/en/guesthouse-hugo/

Got a room provisionally booked there.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2018, 10:51 PM
Yes it was a serious suggesting. I'll start a separate thread after the home game and see if we can get the bus rolling.

Cheers I thought it was but always better to make sure!

I would be really interested in this if it gets off the ground. :aok:

Greenfly
20-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Ta again for your help, is this any good:

http://www.make.fo/en/guesthouse-hugo/

Got a room provisionally booked there.

Don't know the actual guesthouse but it's in Sorvagur, which is just a few mins drive from the airport (same island). It's the wrong direction for the game but only by 5 mins. It looks pretty nice - hope it works well for you. It's a nice enough wee village with some fine views. I'm getting jealous now as I can't go this time.

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 11:08 PM
Are we assuming it will just be a website job with tripoli, to get tickets and print them out?
seems to be the done thing these days,

think the away end should hold us1600 capacity...:thumbsup:

trying to keep a lid on it until we get hru, but its tough.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-06-2018, 11:09 PM
Don't know the actual guesthouse but it's in Sorvagur, which is just a few mins drive from the airport (same island). It's the wrong direction for the game but only by 5 mins. It looks pretty nice - hope it works well for you. It's a nice enough wee village with some fine views. I'm getting jealous now as I can't go this time.

:thumbsup:

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 11:13 PM
We have booked
Edinburgh to zante 29th July
3 nights in zante.

3 nights in tripolis
London to edinburgh

the 3 flights + hotel in zante for 3 night cost us £260 each approx

just need to sort the bus ( estimated £30-£40 ) + 3 nights in tripoli )

Am very tempted to just book it now too, but I think I am tempting fate too mucn!
I suppose the good thing is, even if the unthinkable happened,
Still a nice place for a holiday
IDd could go support tripoli against the faroes,:flag:

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Are we assuming it will just be a website job with tripoli, to get tickets and print them out?
seems to be the done thing these days,

think the away end should hold us1600 capacity...:thumbsup:

trying to keep a lid on it until we get hru, but its tough.

Away fans get a quarter of the South stand, according to football tripper website. So thats about 400.

https://footballtripper.com/theodoros-kolokotronis-stadium-asteras-tripoli/#Away_Fans

marinello59
20-06-2018, 11:50 PM
Away fans get a quarter of the South stand, according to football tripper website. So thats about 400.

https://footballtripper.com/theodoros-kolokotronis-stadium-asteras-tripoli/#Away_Fans

They’ll give us more than that, their home attendances aren’t great.
Edit. When Spurs played there they got the whole stand.

marinello59
20-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Expedia was still selling rooms in Tripoli tonight for day of game.

Hermit Crab
21-06-2018, 03:10 AM
Been doing a bit of digging in the small hours for our trip to the Faroes as I'm stuck in nightshift mode.

Having looked at all the hotel options on booking.com for the Faroes its looking increasingly likely that a same day charter flight is really going to be our only feasible option. Nearly every hotel is sold out on the Islands and the ones that are left are extortionate and pretty much in the middle of nowhere, there is a hostel available but its a mixture of tents and dorms.

As for flights, browsing on private mode on Sky Scanner if you mix and match cities (multi city) to leave and depart from the cheapest I've been able to get it down to is £367, thats from Edinburgh on the 19th July with 2 stops and arriving back in London again with 2 stops on the 20th July but this only works if you're lucky enough to be able to be flexible with your travel plans and to be honest, for that kind of money you're as well paying for a charter when you factor in hotel costs as well as spending money to boot.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180621/0fbdee612a48ee58d4d5101f9dffeac6.jpg

Hermit Crab
21-06-2018, 03:24 AM
A pint of draught beer averages between 45-50DK and is roughly £6 a pint.

WellingtonHibby
21-06-2018, 03:46 AM
A pint of draught beer averages between 45-50DK and is roughly £6 a pint.

if you like your beer, i would heartily suggest here:

http://mikkeller.dk/location/mikkeller-torshavn/

fife hfc
21-06-2018, 04:50 AM
I am flying into the Faroes on the day of the game and arrive about 1.30. Me and my son have accommodation in Toftir (well accommodation it’s a caravan through airbnb😁). Happy to share a taxi with any fellow Travellers.

fife hfc
21-06-2018, 06:04 AM
I am flying into the Faroes on the day of the game and arrive about 1.30. Me and my son have accommodation in Toftir (well accommodation it’s a caravan through airbnb😁). Happy to share a taxi with any fellow Travellers.

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2018, 06:24 AM
This has caught my attention! Where would you stop on the way there and back?

Probably night stops in Hungary and Macedonia or northern Greece. I've not really looked at it properly, will have to organise time off work first and confirm tickets.

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2018, 06:24 AM
You might be able to make your petrol money back if you pick a few folk up in Athens. :hmmm:

Company car :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
21-06-2018, 06:34 AM
Been doing a bit of digging in the small hours for our trip to the Faroes as I'm stuck in nightshift mode.

Having looked at all the hotel options on booking.com for the Faroes its looking increasingly likely that a same day charter flight is really going to be our only feasible option. Nearly every hotel is sold out on the Islands and the ones that are left are extortionate and pretty much in the middle of nowhere, there is a hostel available but its a mixture of tents and dorms.

As for flights, browsing on private mode on Sky Scanner if you mix and match cities (multi city) to leave and depart from the cheapest I've been able to get it down to is £367, thats from Edinburgh on the 19th July with 2 stops and arriving back in London again with 2 stops on the 20th July but this only works if you're lucky enough to be able to be flexible with your travel plans and to be honest, for that kind of money you're as well paying for a charter when you factor in hotel costs as well as spending money to boot.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180621/0fbdee612a48ee58d4d5101f9dffeac6.jpg

There's a direct flight from Edinburgh on matchday, still a fairly reasonable £165, coming back it's a bit harder not too bad to fly to London with one change though, suits me to fly to London as I was going South for the weekend anyway. So though its a short & expensive trip I'm relatively happy with what I've got booked.

greglauder
21-06-2018, 06:40 AM
Has anyone booked up for Greece for presuming the 2nd leg is away ?

HibbyDave
21-06-2018, 06:42 AM
If you are looking on sites like Expedia etc take care that you are not booking for Tripoli as that’s not in Greece! The match is in Tripolis.
Hope this helps

hibee92
21-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Are the second round dates likely to be confirmed along wit the first round today?

Looking to get something sorted for Tripolis but need to know if it’s the second leg away

HibeeDaz6270
21-06-2018, 06:46 AM

Yes, We have booked.

Edinburgh to zante. 3 night stay there.
Bus to tripolis. 3 night stay there.
Athens back to london - london back to edinburgh
6 night holiday. Everything for £350 flights & accomodation.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 07:01 AM

We’ve been drawn at home for the 1st leg if we get through. Are you hearing something different?

green with envy
21-06-2018, 07:04 AM

Our iteniry if this helps... Bearing in mind there is hardly any if at all accomodation to be had in Tripoli

Five of us are flying out from Edinburgh on the 31st £300.00 PP, staying one night in Athens - due to the late arrival - all ready booked an apartment which cost £100 for the five of us. We're then planning on hiring a car the following morning then driving halfway between Athens & Tripoli having one night in a beach resort - not booked this as yet but seen a hotel with a pool looking over the beach again around £100 for the five per night. On the morning of the game we drive the hour to Tripoli where we have booked a farmhouse 3klm from the town centre through Air bnb - £75.00 for us all, the following day we will drive back to the same beach resort again to break up the journey and have one night there before driving back to Athens to drop the car of the following afternoon. Due to the late flight on the saturday - 10pm it give's us a day to do a bit of exploring around the centre of Athens.

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2018, 07:06 AM
Yes, We have booked.

That's a cracking deal.

munchar
21-06-2018, 07:38 AM
Yes, We have booked.

Can you send me details please? 🙏

Galahibby
21-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Anyone on Facebook, this might be worth keeping an eye on. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180621/deb744d519e5af41407b2af3e6c22937.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
21-06-2018, 07:41 AM
We are definitely away second leg assuming we get to Greece then? Where has this been seen

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Anyone on Facebook, this might be worth keeping an eye on. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180621/deb744d519e5af41407b2af3e6c22937.jpg

Don’t do Facebook, but would be interested in this

LancashireHibby
21-06-2018, 07:51 AM
Something has come up that means I can’t go to Greece now so there should now be a room available in the Arcadia (Tripolis) on booking.com

SChibs
21-06-2018, 07:59 AM

Don't use Facebook but if be interested in that flight

Iggy Pope
21-06-2018, 08:16 AM
There looks to be a bit of interest on a couple of Hibs groups. Worth watching.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 08:20 AM

Sorry Iggy what groups?

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2018, 08:29 AM

Whats your plans S? We are thinking of taking chance and booking up for Greece

Iggy Pope
21-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Whats your plans S? We are thinking of taking chance and booking up for Greece

I am thinking Athens and hiring a car or tagging onto a bus. I'd like to know if the Faroes was a goer first though. I'm keen on there.

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2018, 08:31 AM
I am thinking Athens and hiring a car or tagging onto a bus. I'd like to know if the Faroes was a goer first though. I'm keen on there.

Hiring a car eh? 😀

Iggy Pope
21-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Sorry Iggy what groups?

A couple I've seen are:

We Are Hibs

Hibs Supporters Group

It's a pretty easy search if you are on Facebook.

Iggy Pope
21-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Hiring a car eh? 😀

We'll keep in touch :wink:

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 09:15 AM
A couple I've seen are:

We Are Hibs

Hibs Supporters Group

It's a pretty easy search if you are on Facebook.

Sorry I don’t do Facebook, thanks for the heads up though

Nakedmanoncrack
21-06-2018, 12:43 PM

What would be best way to get from Sorvagur to Toftir, would a taxi there and back be ridiculous?
Are there buses that do that route?
Any help appreciated.

Alex Trager
21-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Are people just assuming the game, should we get through to Greece, will be on the second?

nonshinyfinish
21-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Are people just assuming the game, should we get through to Greece, will be on the second?

It’s not absolutely definite until Hibs announce it (occasionally home/away are swapped if they clash with other games), but the draw has us home in the first leg, so it should be 2nd August.

As with booking before we’ve played the first round, it’s a calculated gamble.

Alex Trager
21-06-2018, 01:25 PM
It’s not absolutely definite until Hibs announce it (occasionally home/away are swapped if they clash with other games), but the draw has us home in the first leg, so it should be 2nd August.

As with booking before we’ve played the first round, it’s a calculated gamble.

Any idea when it is likely to be announced?

HibeeDaz6270
21-06-2018, 01:26 PM
For anyone interested in an alternative route to athens.

Can do glasgow - zante on wednesday
Thursday morning Zante - athens

Return
Either sunday or nonday ( both options available )
Athens - zante
zante - edinburgh

comes in just over £300

Or can get a bus/ferry from zante to tripolis which is what we are doing. this would bring cost down further.

Jamesie
21-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Looking to hear from anyone travelling from Milan Malpensa to Athens on matchday morning on easyjet - arriving at around 09:30 - who would like to share transport to Tripoli.

nonshinyfinish
21-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Any idea when it is likely to be announced?

No idea.

Would assume Hibs won't confirm anything until the first round is done. Also, that would presumably be the point at which UEFA would look at all the games and decide if any need moved. That's all speculation on my part though.

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Took a chance and booked up for Greece.

Glasgow to Sofia Wed 1st
Sofia to Athens Thurs 2nd
Athens to Stansted Fri 3rd
Stansted to Edinburgh Fri 3rd

£223.49 in total per person.

Flight to Sofia arrives 23.35 and flight out to Athens is at 06.50 the following morning so its a few hours sleepover in the airport.

Will only need 1 night hotel somewhere in Athens plus transfer to Tripolis.

B.H.F.C
21-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Took a chance and booked up for Greece.

Glasgow to Sofia Wed 1st
Sofia to Athens Thurs 2nd
Athens to Stansted Fri 3rd
Stansted to Edinburgh Fri 3rd

£223.49 in total per person.

Flight to Sofia arrives 23.35 and flight out to Athens is at 06.50 the following morning so its a few hours sleepover in the airport.

Will only need 1 night hotel somewhere in Athens plus transfer to Tripolis.

Two of us also on the Glasgow/Sofia and Sofia/Athens flights.

Gorebridge Hibb
21-06-2018, 06:46 PM

Presuming Hibs will try and organise charter(s) for a 1 day, no overnight, trip. No accomodation available anywhere on Faroes and return flights around £500. Definitely want to go but unless there is a charter organised it’s looking unlikely. Something similar to what was in place for Dnipro would be ideal. Not even thinking about Greece yet.

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Two of us also on the Glasgow/Sofia and Sofia/Athens flights.

Duty free party in Sofia airport?? 😀

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Presuming Hibs will try and organise charter(s) for a 1 day, no overnight, trip. No accomodation available anywhere on Faroes and return flights around £500. Definitely want to go but unless there is a charter organised it’s looking unlikely. Something similar to what was in place for Dnipro would be ideal. Not even thinking about Greece yet.

Is it not a UEFA requirement that teams have to be in the country the day before the game. If that’s the case, the charter will be an overnight. But as you say, where will the team and the fans stay?

BoomtownHibees
21-06-2018, 07:37 PM

Some Bulgarian vodka 😳

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 07:59 PM

As if you need an excuse?

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2018, 08:15 PM
As if you need an excuse?

😀

Greenfly
21-06-2018, 10:10 PM
What would be best way to get from Sorvagur to Toftir, would a taxi there and back be ridiculous?
Are there buses that do that route?
Any help appreciated.

Faroese buses are very good and there will certainly be a way of getting there - probably need to change somewhere in Streymoy. My guidebook is 2 years old so check it out yourself but it says 11 from Vagar (airport / Sorvagur) - change mid-Streymoy to a 10 - change at Skipanes (in Eysturoy) for the last 5 mins on a 15 to Toftir. Bus changes are generally timed to meet each other. I've no idea if they'll be running late enough after the game. Check it out - tourist office is www.tourist.fo -Everyone speaks English.

Green-Hibee-7
21-06-2018, 10:58 PM
For anyone interested in an alternative route to athens.

Can do glasgow - zante on wednesday
Thursday morning Zante - athens

Return
Either sunday or nonday ( both options available )
Athens - zante
zante - edinburgh

comes in just over £300

Or can get a bus/ferry from zante to tripolis which is what we are doing. this would bring cost down further.

What’s the script with the ferry/bus from Zante?

You looked into this?

HibeeDaz6270
22-06-2018, 12:32 AM
What’s the script with the ferry/bus from Zante?

You looked into this?

Plan to sort it over there. It says online around 6 hour journey with bus/ferry which all run multiple times per day.

Car/ferry also an option but i dont fancy driving. it would be around 4 hours by car. Im assuming you have a change over with the bus.

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Zakynthos/Tripoli-Greece

Hermit Crab
22-06-2018, 05:20 AM
Reading up on trip advisor it seems Spurs fans had the same issue we're having for Greece, flights, accommodation and transport to Tripolis. Most seemed to stay in Athens and either hire a car or get the bus.

Moulin Yarns
22-06-2018, 08:23 AM
For anyone going to the Faroe Islands here is a little insight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qinWJqgGMw

Albanian Hibs
22-06-2018, 09:48 AM
We are booked into Best Western My Athens Hotel for the thurs night. Was £57 for twin room with brekkie, free cancellation and pay on arrival.

stokesysonfire
22-06-2018, 10:25 AM
We are booked into Best Western My Athens Hotel for the thurs night. Was £57 for twin room with brekkie, free cancellation and pay on arrival.
We are booked in there too mate, flight out on Wednesday 6am to vilnius for the day then early morning flight into Athens for 9am Thurs

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 03:07 PM
Spoke to the club this morning but didn't get much joy out of any travel plans for fans. No word on a charter deal for fans and just the 'watch the website stuff'.

Earlydelivery
22-06-2018, 03:10 PM
We are booked in there too mate, flight out on Wednesday 6am to vilnius for the day then early morning flight into Athens for 9am Thurs
A few of my mates booked that hotel also

Billy Whizz
22-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Spoke to the club this morning but didn't get much joy out of any travel plans for fans. No word on a charter deal for fans and just the 'watch the website stuff'.

The Faroes game?

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 03:21 PM
The Faroes game?

Aye. They're hardly going to discuss the next round. I could've been a hertz ****!

Billy Whizz
22-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Aye. They're hardly going to discuss the next round. I could've been a hertz ****!

Ha ha, plenty discussing it on here though😄

H18 SFR
22-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Seriously considering the flight I'm arriving 13:40 on the day of the game and then out early the morning after the game - I'd just kip at the airport.

Has anyone figured out how to get from the airport to the town of the game and more importantly back from the town of the game after the game had ended?

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Seriously considering the flight I'm arriving 13:40 on the day of the game and then out early the morning after the game - I'd just kip at the airport.

Has anyone figured out how to get from the airport to the town of the game and more importantly back from the town of the game after the game had ended?

What flight is this one friend?

H18 SFR
22-06-2018, 07:36 PM
What flight is this one friend?

Lunchtime flight from Copenhagen. Atlantic airways.

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 07:39 PM

Ta.

Billy Whizz
22-06-2018, 07:41 PM

Edinburgh to Copenhagen at what time

H18 SFR
Ta.

Geez a shout if you go for it, could potentially sort transport together to the stadium.

H18 SFR
Edinburgh to Copenhagen at what time

Id priced Edin - Amsterdam - Copenhagen - Faroes

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Geez a shout if you go for it, could potentially sort transport together to the stadium.

Have you booked?

Billy Whizz
22-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Id priced Edin - Amsterdam - Copenhagen - Faroes

3 flights, well done to you!
How much

H18 SFR
22-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Have you booked?

No but will if I can suss out transport to the stadium and back to the airport.

H18 SFR
22-06-2018, 07:45 PM
3 flights, well done to you!
How much

£440

Billy Whizz
22-06-2018, 07:49 PM
No but will if I can suss out transport to the stadium and back to the airport.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190329-i5368-k7568099-Airport_bus-Faroe_Islands.html

fife hfc
22-06-2018, 08:44 PM

I take it you mean the Faroes game. Iam on the flight and by the sounds of things a few Hibs fans will be on the flight. If we could get everybody to get together could maybe contact a local company to arrange transport. Make it cheaper all round.

H18 SFR
22-06-2018, 08:51 PM
I take it you mean the Faroes game. Iam on the flight and by the sounds of things a few Hibs fans will be on the flight. If we could get everybody to get together could maybe contact a local company to arrange transport. Make it cheaper all round.

Yeah I'm talking about Faroes - should have said that. That sounds a very good idea. Public transport seems very basic around 'rush-hours'.

Speedy
23-06-2018, 10:41 AM
If you are willing to risk a flight delay and missing the game you can get direct flights Edinburgh to Vagur for about £300 with Atlantic Air.

Arrives 3.35pm on the Thursday, so if it's on time you leave the airport 4.30pm and it'll take about 75 mins in a car/taxi.

There are a few air bnb options around £100/night.

If I didn't have something in Edinburgh on the Saturday I'd be going for that and spending a few days traveling the islands.

Edit: if you're going to check, please use a private browsing mode.

AldoHFC
23-06-2018, 12:01 PM
I've enquired about a bus from Torshavn to Toftir and back for the game. Let me know if you are interested and I'll see if it's worth it when I know bus sizes/prices. Only other way back to Torshavn at that time is a taxi.

jimmythefish
23-06-2018, 02:26 PM
I’m staying in a b&b in Sandavágur which is 15-20 mins from airport so would be up for sharing any sort of transport , looks like the biggest problem is getting back after the game , I could make it to Tórshavn & on to toftir on local buses but looks like nothing after the game

Billy Whizz
23-06-2018, 05:16 PM
I've enquired about a bus from Torshavn to Toftir and back for the game. Let me know if you are interested and I'll see if it's worth it when I know bus sizes/prices. Only other way back to Torshavn at that time is a taxi.

You have a pm on behalf of a few friends, I know who are staying in Torshavn

Nakedmanoncrack
23-06-2018, 09:15 PM
If you are willing to risk a flight delay and missing the game you can get direct flights Edinburgh to Vagur for about £300 with Atlantic Air.

Arrives 3.35pm on the Thursday, so if it's on time you leave the airport 4.30pm and it'll take about 75 mins in a car/taxi.

There are a few air bnb options around £100/night.

If I didn't have something in Edinburgh on the Saturday I'd be going for that and spending a few days traveling the islands.

Edit: if you're going to check, please use a private browsing mode.

The Hibs website states -

However there is no time difference, so assuming 6.45 is correct, there is an hour less time to get there than we think.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2018, 10:04 PM

Would be looking for 8/9 seats Aldo

wee hay
23-06-2018, 11:09 PM

Hello,

Also staying In Tórshavn and interested in the bus, can you confirm prices and times and I can send a transfer so you aren’t out of pocket 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Bamba
23-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Also staying in Torshavn and would be very interested in a bus there/back. Will chip in ahead of time if need be - just send me a PM

wee hay
24-06-2018, 12:18 AM
Hello,

Also staying In Tórshavn and interested in the bus, can you confirm prices and times and I can send a transfer so you aren’t out of pocket 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Sorry meant to add me +1

AldoHFC
24-06-2018, 07:23 AM
Cheers for the interest everyone, waiting to hear back from the bus company on any options we have, will let you know asap.

Tully
24-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Would be looking for 2 seats if a bus goes ahead

Iggy Pope
24-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Anyone else staying at Midvagur?

Billy Whizz
24-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Anyone else staying at Midvagur?

So have you booked flights now?

Iggy Pope
24-06-2018, 09:16 AM
So have you booked flights now?

Not quite.

Billy Whizz
24-06-2018, 09:18 AM
The Hibs website states -

However there is no time difference, so assuming 6.45 is correct, there is an hour less time to get there than we think.

Saying 7.45pm ko on Runavik’s official site, so you should be ok

http://www.nsi.fo/fo/?p=10714

Billy Whizz
24-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Not quite.

Ok, just when you mentioned staying somewhere. I haven’t booked anything yet, waiting to see what Hibs have to offer 1st

Iggy Pope
24-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Ok, just when you mentioned staying somewhere. I haven’t booked anything yet, waiting to see what Hibs have to offer 1st

It's looking like places to kip are at a minimum though.

AldoHFC
24-06-2018, 10:00 AM
I've been quoted 5000 DKK for upto 40 people, this would be £15 each if we reached the 40 (I think we are pretty close already.) If you are definitely interested PM me the names of everyone that'll be travelling and I'll put them on a confirmed list and get back to the bus company.

Billy Whizz
24-06-2018, 10:05 AM
I've been quoted 5000 DKK for upto 40 people, this would be £15 each if we reached the 40 (I think we are pretty close already.) If you are definitely interested PM me the names of everyone that'll be travelling and I'll put them on a confirmed list and get back to the bus company.

AldoHFC, have you added in/ contacted the person whom I sent you a PM

AldoHFC
24-06-2018, 10:06 AM
AldoHFC, have you added in/ contacted the person whom I sent you a PM

I've just text him to confirm!

AldoHFC
24-06-2018, 01:40 PM
There's 9 seats left on the bus for anyone interested/anyone who knows anyone who may be interested. Cheers!

Iggy Pope
25-06-2018, 07:01 PM
I've just went with the club charter. Or at least I will when they mail back.
Anyone else staying in Midvagur?
Pretty late arrival there......

Gorebridge Hibb
25-06-2018, 07:07 PM
I've just went with the club charter. Or at least I will when they mail back.
Anyone else staying in Midvagur?
Pretty late arrival there......

Staying 15 mins walk from Torshavn bus terminus. Booked accommodation thru Air BnB

Iggy Pope
26-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Staying 15 mins walk from Torshavn bus terminus. Booked accommodation thru Air BnB

Thanks that sounds great.

Is anyone amongst the rest of us staying at Midvagur?

Leith Green
26-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Anybody got any knowledge of hiring a car in spain? Im on holiday for 3 weeks and will need to hire a car to drive to airport (4 hour drive) to catch Athens flight, problem is that i dont have a credit card or the funds to let them block my bank funds.. Any way around this? Be rubbish if the stumbling block around going is not being able to get car hire...

Hermit Crab
27-06-2018, 07:31 AM
The flight to Faroes has jumped up nearly £30 in 8 hours, now at £196 one way from Edinburgh on the Thursday.

Billy Whizz
27-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Rangers fans fuming, they still haven’t had the date/time/venue of the 1st round away leg confirmed yet. Don’t blame them to be honest, much as I dislike them

fife hfc
27-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Is there spaces on the bus to Toftir from Tórshavn? Had booked on Airbnb a place in Toftir but they have cancelled the booking 😡 Now book d up in Tórshavn and now need to get to the game.

AldoHFC
27-06-2018, 06:34 PM
Is there spaces on the bus to Toftir from Tórshavn? Had booked on Airbnb a place in Toftir but they have cancelled the booking 😡 Now book d up in Tórshavn and now need to get to the game.
Possibly - I'll let you know in the next couple of days for sure, waiting on a couple getting back to me.

fife hfc
27-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Thanks

MacBean
28-06-2018, 03:25 PM
For anyone looking at booking to Greece, or thinking of booking after first leg, I've just booked. £310 for the following

Albanian Hibs
29-06-2018, 12:53 PM
For anyone looking at booking to Greece, or thinking of booking after first leg, I've just booked. £310 for the following

An hour layover only in poznan will be cutting it fine

MacBean
29-06-2018, 02:50 PM
An hour layover only in poznan will be cutting it fine

yeah thats what i thought at first, but my flight connection is guaranteed by the travel company so should the worst happen I'll be covered

AldoHFC
07-07-2018, 07:00 AM
1 seat now available on bus from Torshavn to Toftir and returning straight after the match if anybody is still looking? £15 each, PM me if interested.

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 12:54 PM
You can fly from Kalamata to Edinburgh on the friday 3/8/18 for £185

BoomtownHibees
09-07-2018, 01:41 PM
You can fly from Kalamata to Edinburgh on the friday 3/8/18 for £185

Can’t see that flight anywhere. Cheapest that shows on Skyscanner is £1140 with 2 stops.

Who’s it with?

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Can’t see that flight anywhere. Cheapest that shows on Skyscanner is £1140 with 2 stops.

Who’s it with?

Sorry, its birmingham on the friday, mind and browse incognito

BoomtownHibees
09-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Sorry, its birmingham on the friday, mind and browse incognito

No much difference, Edinburgh/Birmingham

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 02:12 PM
No much difference, Edinburgh/Birmingham

Better than a grand though eh.

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 02:19 PM
That flight has just jumped up £35, remember to browse in private mode ffs.

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 02:25 PM

The plane can hold 200 passengers but I'm sure I read somewhere that only 50 of those will be allocated to Hibs fans.

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 02:29 PM
The plane can hold 200 passengers but I'm sure I read somewhere that only 50 of those will be allocated to Hibs fans.

Maybe you did. :aok:

RossScott1991
09-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Booking Athens today with a couple mates. Not worked out the trip to Tripoli part yet, as not properly looked into buses etc.

If I can't sort it out id happily meet fellow hibees to taxi share there and back. with 3 of us going 8 seater would be ideal

gorgie greens
10-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Booking Athens today with a couple mates. Not worked out the trip to Tripoli part yet, as not properly looked into buses etc.

If I can't sort it out id happily meet fellow hibees to taxi share there and back. with 3 of us going 8 seater would be ideal

guy posted in a facebook page that he has a 8 seater taxi booked from Athens airport to tripolis and it is roughly £140 each way , bearing in mind if you use public transport as in the bus, it is a 2 bus journey coming in at 20 euroes each way so getting a taxi will be more quicker, convenient and near enough the same in cost but if you are staying in Athens it should be a bit cheaper again .

CapitalGreen
10-07-2018, 10:29 AM
guy posted in a facebook page that he has a 8 seater taxi booked from Athens airport to tripolis and it is roughly £140 each way , bearing in mind if you use public transport as in the bus, it is a 2 bus journey coming in at 20 euroes each way so getting a taxi will be more quicker, convenient and near enough the same in cost but if you are staying in Athens it should be a bit cheaper again .

Are you able to link to that please

gorgie greens
10-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Are you able to link to that please

Was either hibs paige or Hibernian footsoldier facebook , was around a week ago .

lucky
11-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Flights from Manchester to Kefalonia out on the 1st back on 3rd are £149 with Bravofly.co.uk . It’s under 5 hours to Tripolis but it a treck but still a bargain flight price. Also some decent prices on kayak.co.uk going all sorts of ways to Athens.

MacBean
11-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Flights from Manchester to Kefalonia out on the 1st back on 3rd are £149 with Bravofly.co.uk . It’s under 5 hours to Tripolis but it a treck but still a bargain flight price. Also some decent prices on kayak.co.uk going all sorts of ways to Athens.

I'm out from edinburgh to Kefalonia, fly to Athens at 9.50pm on 1st.
Return via Poznan

Iggy Pope
11-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Worth knowing, ta.
10 hr round trip to and from the game looks a scunner though if coming back on the 3rd.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2018, 01:31 AM
I'm out from edinburgh to Kefalonia, fly to Athens at 9.50pm on 1st.
Return via Poznan

Didn't see a 21:50 flight, only a 22:20 departure that I'm booked on.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2018, 01:32 AM

13:40? You on it?

Silversand
13-07-2018, 06:54 AM
On the 06.40am Transavia flight, Wed 1/8, from Amsterdam to Athens.

Will give us time for a wander round Athens Wed afternoon.

On the Hibs.net bus to Tripolis, Thurs 1pm [emoji16][emoji106]

ronaldo7
14-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Booked up last night.

Manchester to Zante with Thomas cook on Tuesday 31st £68

Stay in Zakynthos town for a couple of nights.

Ferry over to Kyllini on Thursday £10

Probably hire a car to get us to Tripolis, overnight stay.

Back to Zakynthos same route.

Zante to Manchester with jet2 on Saturday morning £90

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Booked up last night.

Manchester to Zante with Thomas cook on Tuesday 31st £68

Stay in Zakynthos town for a couple of nights.

Ferry over to Kyllini on Thursday £10

Probably hire a car to get us to Tripolis, overnight stay.

Back to Zakynthos same route.

Zante to Manchester with jet2 on Saturday morning £90

That is decent. Thanks for sharing.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2018, 09:57 AM
That is decent. Thanks for sharing.

Heres my journey

Wed 1st

Manchester - Kefalonia dep 13:40 - arr 19:30 Jet 2.com (http://2.com) £64.00

Kefalonia - Athens dep 22:20 arr 23:10 Olympic air £41

Thurs 2nd

Hibsry's bus to/from the game.

Fri 3rd

Athens - Bucharest dep 14:50 - arr 16:30 Wizz air £61.00 (including a seat at £13.50)

Bucharest - Gatwick dep 19:45 arr 21:15 Wizz air £71.00 (including a seat at £13.50)

Sleeper train dep 23:50 from Euston to Edinburgh arr 07:21. (free)

£237 in total for travel.

Hotel for 2 nights in Athens is £71

Travel and digs is £308

gorgie greens
14-07-2018, 12:41 PM
0610 Luton to Athens on 1st returning ,4th airwhizz direct flights £250 ,airbnb in Athens with pool ,£212 for 3 nights and 3 sharing costs £70 each so £320 .
Just need to sneak 3 people on to a bus for the game .

jimmythefish
15-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Anybody heading back to airport area after the game from either toftir or Tórshavn looking to share transport ,staying in sandavagar & on the early flight to Copenhagen on the Friday

CockneyRebel
15-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Heres my journey

Wed 1st

Manchester - Kefalonia dep 13:40 - arr 19:30 Jet 2.com (http://2.com) £64.00

Kefalonia - Athens dep 22:20 arr 23:10 Olympic air £41

Thurs 2nd

Hibsry's bus to/from the game.

Fri 3rd

Athens - Bucharest dep 14:50 - arr 16:30 Wizz air £61.00 (including a seat at £13.50)

Bucharest - Gatwick dep 19:45 arr 21:15 Wizz air £71.00 (including a seat at £13.50)

Sleeper train dep 23:50 from Euston to Edinburgh arr 07:21. (free)

£237 in total for travel.

Hotel for 2 nights in Athens is £71

Travel and digs is £308

How do you manage a free sleeper ticket?

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Toftir. Those travelling. Are most planning on setting off from Torshavn on match day? I can only find one express bus. What's the plans anyone?

https://www.ssl.fo/en/timetable/bus/401-toftir-torshavn-express-bus/

tam4hibs
15-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Wizzair. 6.10am from Luton (1/8)
Return 1pm sat 4th

£282 return...

15-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Private mode doesn’t affect the prices for other people.

Hibbyradge
15-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Flights from Leeds to Zante have gone down in price.

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 01:34 PM

What's the airline big fellah?

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Private mode doesn’t affect the prices for other people.

The more people that search the more the prices go up, at least thats my understanding anyway. Within 10 minutes of me posting a journey on here the flight had jumped up £35, can't be coincidence.

marinello59
15-07-2018, 01:37 PM
The more people that search the more the prices go up, at least thats my understanding anyway. Within 10 minutes of me posting a journey on here the flight had jumped up £35, can't be coincidence.

So are you saying you booked your flight then continued to search and bump the prices up for everybody else? :greengrin

Earlydelivery
15-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Glasgow-Katowice tues night
Katowice to Athens Wednesday morning 4hr lay down
Athens-Brussels sat morning
Brussels to Glasgow home for midday £230

ronaldo7
15-07-2018, 01:38 PM

Are you in Zante pre match?

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 01:39 PM

Do you want the plane to yourself?

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:39 PM

Jet2 from Leeds to Zante on the 1st is £141 one way.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Do you want the plane to yourself?

That would be nice. :agree:

I posted my journey after I'd booked, on Thursday morning the flights were just under £200 for al 4, by half time at the game they'd jumped up and I had to replan my return flights due to the price hikes.

15-07-2018, 01:41 PM

Private mode hides your local browsing data. There’s nothing you can do to stop the website tracking the number of people searching for a particular route, and fluctuating prices based on that. I believe these websites fluctuate prices based on that individual users browsing data but the prices only change for the user not using private mode, not everyone.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:45 PM
So are you saying you booked your flight then continued to search and bump the prices up for everybody else? :greengrin

No, I had set up price alert emails for various different flights I'd been planning to use and by half time the prices had jumped so much I had alter my return journey.

Hibbyradge
15-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Jet2

Hibbyradge
15-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Jet2 from Leeds to Zante on the 1st is £141 one way.

It was £101 each way on my phone when I posted that earlier.

I was a bit miffed because I've paid more than that.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Jet2

Alternatively Jet2 from Manchester to Kefalonia on the Wednesday is still only £64 then Kefalonia to Athens is £58.

Hibbyradge
15-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Are you in Zante pre match?

Yes. Near the port in Argassi.

Are you staying there too?

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:51 PM
It was £101 each way on my phone when I posted that earlier.

I was a bit miffed because I've paid more than that.

Two of the flights I've booked have dropped in price since I've booked, not by much to be fair but it is a tad frustrating. Its just the chance you take.

The only flight not to drop is the one to the Faroes, that just keeps going up.

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Alternatively Jet2 from Manchester to Kefalonia on the Wednesday is still only £64 then Kefalonia to Athens is £58.

No suitable flights back from Kefalonia then if you're looking at Athens?
I'm scared to look.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 01:58 PM
No suitable flights back from Kefalonia then if you're looking at Athens?
I'm scared to look.

Come back on the Friday via Bucharest then to London, or via Sofia then London

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180715/6132fa963cd6ab1124cf07806a4ed256.jpg

ronaldo7
15-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Yes. Near the port in Argassi.

Are you staying there too?

We're staying in Zakynthos town, near the port.

Might get a catch up in some local boozer. 😊

Slovenian soldiers on the march again. 🍺

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Come back on the Friday via Bucharest then to London, or via Sofia then London

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180715/6132fa963cd6ab1124cf07806a4ed256.jpg

Ta.
Sounds exhausting if I'm honest and still to get hame.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Ta.

I’m just back from Italy yesterday, direct flight to Edinburgh, and it took 12 hours from leaving the hotel, to get home yesterday morning, and that was with a 2 hour delay.
I’d be knackered by the time I got to Tripolis, getting too old for all this traveling

Hibbyradge
15-07-2018, 02:28 PM
We're staying in Zakynthos town, near the port.

Might get a catch up in some local boozer. 😊

Slovenian soldiers on the march again. 🍺

Definitely. 👍

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 02:36 PM
Ta.

4 flights there and back for me. Purely to try and keep costs down and hopefully it will be worth it.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 02:37 PM
I’m just back from Italy yesterday, direct flight to Edinburgh, and it took 12 hours from leaving the hotel, to get home yesterday morning, and that was with a 2 hour delay.
I’d be knackered by the time I got to Tripolis, getting too old for all this traveling

How are you getting there? What route Billy?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 02:39 PM
How are you getting there? What route Billy?

I’m not going as it stands HC, 4 flights and at least a day of travelling winter side of the game, too much for me at my age😬

BoomtownHibees
15-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Booked:

Glasgow-Sofia-Athens on Wed 1st - £98

Athens-Milan-Stansted-Edinburgh on Fri 3rd - £180

Gorebridge Hibb
15-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Booked:

Hoping the club does a charter similar to the Faroe Islands trip. Might be pricey but avoids the planes,trains and automobiles that some are having to do to get to this game.

SteveHFC
15-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Hoping the club does a charter similar to the Faroe Islands trip. Might be pricey but avoids the planes,trains and automobiles that some are having to do to get to this game.

Charter flight day of the game to Greece would be fantastic.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 03:09 PM

Hibs will have to be there the day before

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 03:13 PM

Yep, If there is a charter with players you're looking at a price of at least £900 and that may or may not include accommodation. I'm basing the price on what Brondby cost.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 03:14 PM

A fan with money would have to organise that.

Gorebridge Hibb
15-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Expect there will be an “official “ charter ie travelling with the team /officials etc.
Might be going out afternoon/ evening on the Tuesday and coming back straight after the game. That’s what we’re doing for the Runavik game. Will ask on Tuesday night when we check in at the airport. May even be cheaper as there should be more choices for airlines travelling to Athens or Tripolis.

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 05:20 PM
4 flights there and back for me. Purely to try and keep costs down and hopefully it will be worth it.

And getting back and forward to and from your UK airports. Even with your freebies it looks knackering.

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Expect there will be an “official “ charter ie travelling with the team /officials etc.
Might be going out afternoon/ evening on the Tuesday and coming back straight after the game. That’s what we’re doing for the Runavik game. Will ask on Tuesday night when we check in at the airport. May even be cheaper as there should be more choices for airlines travelling to Athens or Tripolis.

There's no doubt that the Hibs are already thinking about a charter. And those on the Faroes charter will surely hear about it, maybe even first dabs. Doubt very much it will involve Athens though.

BoomtownHibees
15-07-2018, 05:29 PM
And getting back and forward to and from your UK airports. Even with your freebies it looks knackering.

If it makes it do-able then thats all that matters

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Booked:

That's not bad is it? Glasgow / Edinburgh is good at least. ***** looking trip back though. You on one of the buses back to Athens on Thursday night?

BoomtownHibees
15-07-2018, 05:32 PM
That's not bad is it? Glasgow / Edinburgh is good at least. ***** looking trip back though. You on one of the buses back to Athens on Thursday night?

Yeah booked on the bus. There were other options that made it a bit cheaper but meant an 08.30 flight from Athens which was quickly ruled out

B.H.F.C
15-07-2018, 05:39 PM
There's no doubt that the Hibs are already thinking about a charter. And those on the Faroes charter will surely hear about it, maybe even first dabs. Doubt very much it will involve Athens though.

Imagine Hibs will offer something charter wise.

Not sure where they would put folk up though, given the shortage of hotels in Tripolis. Getting a block booking, just for themselves might be difficult enough in terms of being relatively close.

Of course they could look at an in/out on the same day option.

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Imagine Hibs will offer something charter wise.

Not sure where they would put folk up though, given the shortage of hotels in Tripolis. Getting a block booking, just for themselves might be difficult enough in terms of being relatively close.

Of course they could look at an in/out on the same day option.

They're not putting any of us up in the Faroes for the deal, only return coach transfers from and to the Airport. Time will tell, but given the proximity, it won't take long to find out I don't think.

B.H.F.C
15-07-2018, 06:06 PM
They're not putting any of us up in the Faroes for the deal, only return coach transfers from and to the Airport. Time will tell, but given the proximity, it won't take long to find out I don't think.

I know that but think the Faroes is a different case.

I can see why folk would take the flight only charter option to Faroes with it being less accessible than Greece. Not sure we’d fill a plane to Greece on a flight only option when you could get flights cheaper independently. An in/out option on the same day would be popular, as would something that included accommodation etc. Just not so sure if it was flight only but i might be wrong!

MacBean
15-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Didn't see a 21:50 flight, only a 22:20 departure that I'm booked on.

You're right, I'm thinking of a different flight haha! See you in Argostoli

I'm out - 14.40 - Edinburgh to Argostoli arrive 20.45 (JET2)
22.20 Argostoli to Athens arrive 23.10 (Olympic)

Homeward - 11.10 Athens to Poznan arrive 13.00 (Ryanair)
VERY quick turnaround 14.00pm Poznan to Edinburgh arrive 15.25 (Ryanair)

Booked through Kiwi.com who guarantee your connecting flight. Was £310 when I booked a couple weeks ago

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 06:15 PM

Train from Edinburgh to Manchester and train from London To Edinburgh, plus 4 flights, yes I'll be totally knackered but hopefully worth it.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 06:17 PM
I know that but think the Faroes is a different case.

I can see why folk would take the flight only charter option to Faroes with it being less accessible than Greece. Not sure we’d fill a plane to Greece on a flight only option when you could get flights cheaper independently. An in/out option on the same day would be popular, as would something that included accommodation etc. Just not so sure if it was flight only but i might be wrong!

BHFC, I can’t see Hibs running a Fans only charter, with or without accommodation. I presume they’ll also need a bigger plane than their using to the Faroes, longer distance will need more fuel, although I don’t which type of aircraft they are using. So hopefully more seats available than on the Faroes charter

I’m presuming Hibs will try and fly into the airport, more local than Athens
Hopefully hear more, after Thursday nights qualification

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Train from Edinburgh to Manchester and train from London To Edinburgh, plus 4 flights, yes I'll be totally knackered but hopefully worth it.

Make sure you pack Factor 50

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Hope so mate. Pack plenty vitamins or something!