PDA

View Full Version : Home game v Runavik ticket prices

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 02:57 PM
I do hope Hibs keep the prices as low as possible for this game.

It would be great if we could score a few goals to make the away leg a formality, and a big crowd would be a big help.

Bishop Hibee
20-06-2018, 03:01 PM
£10 and £5 would be ideal but I suspect it’ll be a bit more.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2018, 03:01 PM
£15 adults, £10 concessions and £5 kids is what I’m expecting.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2018, 03:07 PM

Yep no chance of it being as cheap as that.

Diclonius
20-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Do we reckon this will sell out?

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 03:14 PM

Be around 10,000 or so at it

Sir David Gray

I can't see it.

I think the attendance will be healthy but I can't see it selling out.

Poor opposition, school holidays and hardly any away fans to boost the attendance should mean that it's about 14-15,000 I would have thought.

Hermit Crab
Should be £5 to get into the one!

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 03:18 PM

Not a chance.

Lucky if it's 10k unless the prices are rock bottom.

Big_Franck
20-06-2018, 03:18 PM
I can't see it.

I think the attendance will be healthy but I can't see it selling out.

Poor opposition, school holidays and hardly any away fans to boost the attendance should mean that it's about 14-15,000 I would have thought.

I dont think we'll get anywhere near that. I'd think it'll be 8 or 9k.

Home game against the Greek side will see another 4 or 5k at Easter Road at least.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-06-2018, 03:35 PM
July in the City will be bursting with tourist

We should get a stand in the city centre and sell tickets to visitors

Gain more supporters visiting Edinburgh

Include a map to the stadium

Easy

SeanWilson
20-06-2018, 03:38 PM
I'll be on hols - chances of Hibs TV?

Diclonius
20-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Not a chance.

We barely ever qualify for Europe, would hope there'd be more interest in it than that even with the level of opposition.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Not a chance.

I dont think we'll get anywhere near that. I'd think it'll be 8 or 9k.

Home game against the Greek side will see another 4 or 5k at Easter Road at least.

We barely ever qualify for Europe, would hope there'd be more interest in it than that even with the level of opposition.

I agree with the final post.

I cannot see us selling the game out as I said in my previous post but I would be quite disappointed if we only managed to shift 10,000 (or less) tickets for this game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-06-2018, 03:49 PM

Eh, no.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 04:16 PM

I agree with the final post.

I cannot see us selling the game out as I said in my previous post but I would be quite disappointed if we only managed to shift 10,000 (or less) tickets for this game.

2 years ago we managed 13400 against Brondby.

That was our first competitive home game after winning the cup.

If they keep the prices low, we might get close to that, otherwise 10000 won't be far out, imo.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Think it will be around £15 and £5, I’d be happy with that
Hibs will have to hire a plane to go, so will try and recover some of the costs at the gate

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Lucky if there's 8000 at the game now...

Hibernian will be at home to NSÍ Runavík on Thursday 12 July, kick-off 7.45pm. Tickets will be priced at:

Adults: £23

Executive Seating: £32 (Adults only)

Concession: £14

Child: £12 (before matchday), £14 (matchday)

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Hibernian can confirm the dates and venues for the UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round matches.
Hibernian will be at home to NSÍ Runavík on Thursday 12 July, kick-off 7.45pm. Tickets will be priced at:
Full ticket information, including priority periods for season ticket holders, will be announced shortly.
The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).
We do not anticipate sales in advance of the game for the away tie, though this will be confirmed and any other travel information will be confirmed shortly.

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 04:37 PM

I'll be there

Ozyhibby
20-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Happy enough with that. There will be a decent crowd in for a European game and we need the money for players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 04:39 PM
I'll be there

I won’t

CapitalGreen
20-06-2018, 04:41 PM
I won’t

Going

Not Going

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 04:44 PM
I don't know yet.

Albanian Hibs
20-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Thank god I am in Turkey... 🙄

HiBremian
20-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Just booked flights to Edinburgh for the game and got two pals to commit to coming too. We’re back in Europe, good enough for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny_Leith
20-06-2018, 04:51 PM
I'll be there. Why were folk expecting pricing around £15 out of interest?

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 05:03 PM
I'll be there. Why were folk expecting pricing around £15 out of interest?

Yes of course!

Malthibby
20-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Gutted, gonna be in Italy.
Would have paid whatever if I'd been here.
Says the man who won't be.
GG

theonlywayisup
20-06-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm struggling to understand why people think it would be around £15 per adult ticket & £5 per concession.

The biggest attendance we're likely to get would be around 13,000 for a game such as this due to holidays. So say a 40/60 split on adults and consession. That would result an income of £117,000.

With tickets priced at £23 and £12 respectively, a much smaller crowd of 7,500 would generate an income of £123,000. If the crowd went up to say 10,000, the income would be £164,000. A 13,000 attendance would generate an income of £213,000.

Johnny_Leith
20-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Yes of course!

I known folk were. I'm asking why. It's a European tie, not a friendly.

Bishop Hibee
20-06-2018, 05:21 PM
I’ll be there but at £23 a pop I don’t blame anyone for giving this a miss. If we get through I’d imagine it’ll be £30 for the next home game.

wookie70
20-06-2018, 05:22 PM
We pretty much sold out the whole stadium against Malmo. Surely we can get at least 13-14k and a better result. Regardless of teh opposition this is a European tie they haven't came round that often in the last 15 years or so

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:35 PM
We pretty much sold out the whole stadium against Malmo. Surely we can get at least 13-14k and a better result. Regardless of teh opposition this is a European tie they haven't came round that often in the last 15 years or so

2 years ago our first home game after we won the Scottish cup was against Brondby, a well known name in Europe.

I can't remember what we charged for that game, but we only got 13400.

We won't get close to that against Runavik...unless there's a huge signing in the pipeline.

Keith_M
20-06-2018, 05:47 PM
It's gonna be a poor crowd.

Big_Franck
20-06-2018, 05:50 PM
It's gonna be a poor crowd.

Yep. I find it hard to understand how the club can't see that and have priced it as they have. Baffling.

RobR27
20-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Beggars belief

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Yep. I find it hard to understand how the club can't see that and have priced it as they have. Baffling.

They'll make more money from a small crowd and high prices than the other way round. That's always been the case.

However, on this occasion, I would have preferred a bigger attendance, even at the cost of some income. We need to get through the first round and the chance to put the tie to bed at Eater Road would be helped by a large, noisy support.

Skol
20-06-2018, 05:54 PM
We play all season to qualify for europe, we celebrate when we qualify and then we dont go cos its £23 a ticket.

Poor show really. This should be a big crowd

1van Sprou7e
20-06-2018, 06:03 PM
We play all season to qualify for europe, we celebrate when we qualify and then we dont go cos its £23 a ticket.

Yep, can't understand why people would choose not to go

Would much rather spend £23 to see hibs play a European tie than pay the same to see us play the likes of motherwell or dundee

Keith_M
20-06-2018, 06:25 PM

I'll be going, but I still think the crowd will be small.

Even though it's a European game, the quality of the opposition, the price and the time of year aren't a good combination for crowd size.

Daydreamer
20-06-2018, 06:46 PM
I’ll be there but at £23 a pop I don’t blame anyone for giving this a miss. If we get through I’d imagine it’ll be £30 for the next home game.

No it won't. It will be £23 against the Greek team as well and if we get through again it will be £23 the same as a Cat B game in the SPL

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Clubs participating in the qualifying rounds will be entitled to a respective payment of €215,000 for the first qualifying round), €225,000 (second), €235,000 (third) and €245,000 (play-off).

Note, however, that the play-off winners will not receive the solidarity payment from that specific round.

SolentHibee
20-06-2018, 07:08 PM
So our first competitive game of the season, one one of our rare forays into Europe and people won’t go because they’ll have to pay £23?

I just don’t get it.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 07:21 PM
So our first competitive game of the season, one one of our rare forays into Europe and people won’t go because they’ll have to pay £23?

I just don’t get it.

What's so difficult to understand that people might not have a lot of disposable income?

Or that they don't want to spend a lot of cash to watch a lowly part time team?

percy veer
20-06-2018, 07:28 PM
I think hibs should have halved the price for Hanlons testimonial, fear a small crowd now

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 07:44 PM
I think hibs should have halved the price for Hanlons testimonial, fear a small crowd now

Hibs didn't set the price. :na na:

SolentHibee
20-06-2018, 07:47 PM
What's so difficult to understand that people might not have a lot of disposable income?

What makes you think I have a load of disposable income? I just don’t get it for the reasons I stated, you don’t need to agree, I don’t need to repeat them.

I take it that we won’t see any dot count treads urging folk to buy tickets so we can get a big crowd for yet another game against Hamilton or Inverness type teams that we play 4 times a year ad Infinitum (barring relegations). How much does it cost to go away to somewhere even as close as Livi?

People can do what they like, if they don’t want to attend, that’s up to them, but it seems that balking at the price of a game that comes up every few years is incompatible with all the threads urging fans to support Hibs both attendance-wise and financially.

Billychaotic182
20-06-2018, 07:56 PM
I’ll be there, buzzing for it. Wonder if you will be able to get your season ticket seat?

KWJ
20-06-2018, 08:08 PM

But friendlies and betfred wouldn't be much cheaper.

Like the others are saying, we play all season for this and then don't want to go because the club aren't making it cheaper than the 15 or so average league plus cup games.

KWJ
20-06-2018, 08:08 PM
July in the City will be bursting with tourist

We should get a stand in the city centre and sell tickets to visitors

Gain more supporters visiting Edinburgh

Include a map to the stadium

Easy

Totally agree.

JimBHibees
20-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Should be £5 to get into the one!

:faf::faf:

neil7908
20-06-2018, 08:13 PM
I'll be there but it's one where I think the club could think about atmosphere rather than economics and drop prices a bit.

Even £18 an adult if £15 was too low. More fans in the ground is only going to benefit the team and enhance our chances of getting a good result.

KWJ
20-06-2018, 08:20 PM
This will hopefully be thr first Europen toe we'll have won in near 30 years. Videoton being the last one.

Pushes up our coefficient too.

Hearts in Malta, Huns in Luxembourg and Celtic in Gibralter along with every other Scottish team in past 10 years shows that this is no gimmie.

Sadly.

Nevi_SOL
20-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Not bothered about the price, Hibs are in Europe and this is cheaper than a league game

Bob Box Fish
20-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Hospitality is a good price

we are hibs
20-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Yep, can't understand why people would choose not to go

Because we will more than likely come through the tie and need to spend another £23 for the next round game? It's an expensive period to be a hibs fan. Renewing season tickets, buying new kits for kids, Hanlon testimonial and now £23 plus the prospect of the same in the next round too. Not every one has money to burn

Famous Fiver
20-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Hearts are spending millions to get ready for the Irn Bru cup.

We've spent next to nowt and are getting ready for European competition.

Happy days.

Stuart93
20-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Why do people assume hibs can set the prices for a tie in the Europa league?

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 09:11 PM

They can.

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 09:19 PM

is that for the pies?:greengrin

theonlywayisup
20-06-2018, 09:29 PM
What makes you think I have a load of disposable income? I just don’t get it for the reasons I stated, you don’t need to agree, I don’t need to repeat them.

I take it that we won’t see any dot count treads urging folk to buy tickets so we can get a big crowd for yet another game against Hamilton or Inverness type teams that we play 4 times a year ad Infinitum (barring relegations). How much does it cost to go away to somewhere even as close as Livi?

People can do what they like, if they don’t want to attend, that’s up to them, but it seems that balking at the price of a game that comes up every few years is incompatible with all the threads urging fans to support Hibs both attendance-wise and financially.

This really does deserve a response.

:kdarts:

Well said SolentHibee - indeed people happy to pay £20 to watch Hamilton and Livingston, yet won't pay £23 to watch our team in Europe when they've been trying all season to get there. Bizarre!! Hibs will need our support against a Faroes team just as much as against teams like Hamilton and Livingston.

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 09:33 PM
if its at your stadium, you can ask what you want,

Im sure hibs are trying to get as much as possibloe from what could be, 2 or 4 matches.. Im confident it will be morebut the board will be thinking , that the crowd will be around the same size than if the price was say £18

Its steep, no doubt about it, Board should be thinking about the impact of a full house, these faroe players , most wilnever have experienced that kind of atmosphere and could crumble under it. If only 10-12k turn up, we will srtill makea hell of a noise.

BlackSheep
20-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Just the usual penny pinchers have a grump! Be an armchair fan if you don’t like parting with your money in exchange for some entertainment. Listen on the wireless or follow on here, you won’t get the same buzz as being at the stadium.

Some folk forget that being a fan and attending games is privilege not a right.

Hibs have the right to maximise income and they and we should all expect that a European tie, even against so called minnows, should draw a crowd and help to make the club some money... these things all benefit the club.

Isn’t that why we are fans, to help our club succeed?

KWJ
20-06-2018, 09:35 PM
£22 ^. Haven't seen anything to confirm that's not going up either.

I'm broke btw and will have to budget if I can go to this and PH testimonial. Didn't buy a ST so will pick and choose.

Understand that those who bought STs may be paying a chunk in July but it was all known im advance.

Hibbyradge

Well said SolentHibee - indeed people happy to pay £20 to watch Hamilton and Livingston, yet won't pay £23 to watch our team in Europe when they've been trying all season to get there. Bizarre!! Hibs will need our support against a Faroes team just as much as against teams like Hamilton and Livingston.

You're having a go at the thousands of Hibs fans who won't be at the Runavik game yet make use of their season ticket during the season.

KWJ
Just the usual penny pinchers have a grump! Be an armchair fan if you don’t like parting with your money in exchange for some entertainment. Listen on the wireless or follow on here, you won’t get the same buzz as being at the stadium.

Hibs have the right to maximise income and they and we should all expect that a European tie, even against so called minnows, should draw a crowd and help to make the club some money... these things all benefit the club.

And yet I disagree with the majority of this fairly ignorant comment 😃

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 09:39 PM

"Just as much" I fully agree, what i struggle to get, is these kinda sides come around every season , you can watch a hibs league game
most weeks!, a euro game shud be jam packed regardless of opposition, we may be a bit surprised, could get 13-15k,

I dont think there is any doubt, that if the stadiium was packed it would increase our chances of taking leads to the away leg,

As a hibs fan, you should always attend, but if not possible, shud need to call in sick for these games!

BlackSheep
20-06-2018, 09:40 PM
And yet I disagree with the majority of this fairly ignorant comment 😃

There’s absolutely nothing ignorant about my opinion here, I am well aware that our followers come from all walks of life and some fall on hard times and can not afford to attend, but you don’t hear them demanding that the price of other luxuries should go down to suit their level of income...?

Too many folk believe they are entitled to something that they simply are not.

brianmc
20-06-2018, 09:40 PM
I'm on holiday in Turkey just now with a WiFi connection that could be described as patchy at best...
So apologies in advance if the following had already been asked and answered elsewhere:

1- have Ticketmaster fixed their hopeless website yet?
I tried a couple of days ago to get tickets for me and my daughter for Paul Hanlon's Testimonial and couldn't assign her seat to me in the purchase.

2- is the same glitch gonna shaft us for Euro tickets as well??

At this rate we won't be attending either game.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 09:41 PM
I'm on holiday in Turkey just now with a WiFi connection that could be described as patchy at best...
So apologies in advance if the following had already been asked and answered elsewhere:

1- have Ticketmaster fixed their hopeless website yet?
I tried a couple of days ago to get tickets for me and my daughter for Paul Hanlon's Testimonial and couldn't assign her seat to me in the purchase.

2- is the same glitch gonna shaft us for Euro tickets as well??

At this rate we won't be attending either game.

It’s been fixed Brian

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 09:43 PM
And yet I disagree with the majority of this fairly ignorant comment ��

yeh he has a point for sure, I was sayingt he same, about , this could be just a game or 2, lets face it.
So the club need to take the opportunity to make what income they can.

Been a hibs fan for a long time, and now more than ever I get the feeling theextra money goes straight to the improvement if the squad so I dont mind paying the extra. For euro matches, it shud be rammed packed, but I doubt that, I think the crown will be as big as the brondby one tho

Hibbyradge

"A privilege not a tight" is a belter, but whoo you have in mind with your Uber fan insult about"usual penny pinchers"?

theonlywayisup
You're having a go at the thousands of Hibs fans who won't be at the Runavik game yet make use of their season ticket during the season.

No I'm not!

Gibby the Hibby was talking about the rush to fill the stadium - the dot counters. These are not the season ticket holders, but walk-ups.

Gibby the Hibby is making the point that why are we making such a big thing of filling the stadium against such teams that we play maybe 3 or 4 times every season, yet people won't stump up slightly more to watch a once in every few seasons European Cup game.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 09:47 PM
No I'm not!

Gibby the Hibby was talking about the rush to fill the stadium - the dot counters. These are not the season ticket holders, but walk-ups.

Gibby the Hibby is making the point that why are we making such a big thing of filling the stadium against such teams that we play maybe 3 or 4 times every season, yet people won't stump up slightly more to watch a once in every few seasons European Cup game.

I see.

You're having a go at the folk who can't afford season tickets, but go to games when they can?

brianmc
20-06-2018, 09:48 PM
It’s been fixed Brian

Excellent.
Thanks for the response BW 👍

BlackSheep
20-06-2018, 09:49 PM
"A privilege not a tight" is a belter, but whoo you have in mind with your Uber fan insult about"usual penny pinchers"?

There seem to be a fair few folk up in arms about the price of a Europa League match (albeit a qualifier) that are quick to raise concerns about parting with their money for the ‘good of the cause’ so you can take your pick.

Eyrie
20-06-2018, 09:52 PM
European games are rare enough for us that I've already arranged two half days so that I can make both home fixtures as I expect us to get past the Faroese team.

I'm not bothered if the tickets for each game are a fiver more than some people think they should be, although I'd agree that £20/£10 would get a better crowd despite the saving being minimal.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 09:52 PM
There seem to be a fair few folk up in arms about the price of a Europa League match (albeit a qualifier) that are quick to raise concerns about parting with their money for the ‘good of the cause’ so you can take your pick.

No, it's your pick.

Who are the usual penny pinchers?

BlackSheep
20-06-2018, 09:55 PM
No, it's your pick.

Who are the usual penny pinchers?

I won’t be drawn into a game of finger pointing, those who hold a differing opinion than me when it comes to financial support for the club will know who they are.

Folk are asking why people expect a low price ticket, my response was for them.

trev the hat
20-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Pretty sure Brondby away was around £6 a ticket & print @ home. How or who sets those prices I’ve no idea but he certainly knows his onions.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 10:01 PM
I won’t be drawn into a game of finger pointing, those who hold a differing opinion than me when it comes to financial support for the club will know who they are.

Folk are asking why people expect a low price ticket, my response was for them.

You started the Uber fan finger pointing with your "usual penny pinchers" pish.

If you haven't got the balls to back up your words, you shouldn't make sweeping accusations.

Not only are you wrong about the folk saying Hibs should have reduced the price, you're wrong about the reasons they said it.

CropleyWasGod
Pretty sure Brondby away was around £6 a ticket & print @ home. How or who sets those prices I’ve no idea but he certainly knows his onions.IIRC, Brondby's TV money was much higher than we could hope to get here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

CentreLine
Happy enough with that. There will be a decent crowd in for a European game and we need the money for players.

:agree::hibees:nlgwa

BlackSheep
20-06-2018, 10:08 PM
You started the Uber fan finger pointing with your "usual penny pinchers" pish.

If you haven't got the balls to back up your words, you shouldn't make sweeping accusations.

Not only are you wrong about the folk saying Hibs should have reduced the price, you're wrong about the reasons they said it.

A non specific comment that applied to more than a couple of people is not finger pointing btw. You’re entitled to your opinion and so am I... it does seem like you go out of your way to disagree with me a lot, perhaps you need a hobby?

trev the hat
20-06-2018, 10:11 PM
IIRC, Brondby's TV money was much higher than we could hope to get here.

Yip I’m sure there was similar costs for Malmo away.
It highlights how poor out TV revenue really is.

Stantons Angel
20-06-2018, 10:11 PM
its usual that the two teams reps meet after the draw and discuss game prices etc.

Maybe this wee team are short too and they dont think they will make it through to the second round.

So the price was set for both sides to get something out of it.

For goodness sake this is what Hibs fought out last season for, to play in Europe!

We backed them through a tough but interesting season to get Into this European draw and now we get here and all we have is a post full of people bumping their gums at the price of the ticket of the very first game!

If you dont want or cant afford the ticket then dont go..... end of!

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2018, 10:13 PM
its usual that the two teams reps meet after the draw and discuss game prices etc.

Maybe this wee team are short too and they dont think they will make it through to the second round.

For goodness sake this is what Hibs fought out last season for, to play in Europe!

We backed them through a tough but interesting season to get Into this European draw and now we get here and all we have is a post full of people bumping their gums at the price of the ticket of the very first game!

If you dont want or cant afford the ticket then dont go..... end of!Do we share the gate money?

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 10:17 PM
A non specific comment that applied to more than a couple of people is not finger pointing btw. You’re entitled to your opinion and so am I... it does seem like you go out of your way to disagree with me a lot, perhaps you need a hobby?

Given that I started this thread arguing that prices should be kept low for the Runavik game, and you disagreed with me, it's clearly you that needs the hobby.

Why won't you clarify who your cowardly catch all insult about "usual penny pinchers" was aimed at?

percy veer
20-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Hibs didn't set the price. :na na:

who did then?

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 10:24 PM

If you dont want or cant afford the ticket then dont go..... end of!

Every fan who turned up at games during the season wanted Hibs to qualify, agreed.

I just wanted Hibs to give as many of those fans as possible the opportunity to get to a game against a low calibre team.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 10:26 PM
who did then?

His testimonial committee.

percy veer
20-06-2018, 10:28 PM
His testimonial committee.

no say at all then

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 10:41 PM
no say at all then

Really?

I thought the club turned the stadium etc over to the testimonial committee, but gave support as necessary.

This is what the official site says;

The Paul Hanlon Testimonial Committee are pleased to confirm the ticketing arrangements for the upcoming Testimonial Match for Paul Hanlon against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday 8 July (3pm kick-off).

Tickets for this match are now on sale, with season ticket holders’ seats being reserved until Friday 22 June at 9am. After this point, all seats will be available on general sale.

At the request of Paul, part of the proceeds from this match will be shared between Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) and various local children’s charities

Ticket Prices:

Adults – £20

Concessions – £10 (0-17 years, 65 or over and Students with a valid student matriculation card/proof must be shown for all concession tickets).

For Disabled Supporters and where applicable their Carers, the regular pricing policy for Hibernian home games apply.

NOLA
20-06-2018, 11:10 PM
£23 against the Greek team should we get through the Runavik tie seems fair, the game we played against the Lithuanian team in monsoon conditions at ER, I don’t remember paying anywhere near £23 for though granted it was a few years back [emoji848]

Brizo
21-06-2018, 05:52 AM
I don't think what I understand is next seasons walk up price is to expensive for a competitive European game. Its just unfortunate that its the same week as PH testimonial. Tickets for both is a healthy outlay in the one week particularly if your taking kids and you have already shelled out for a ST or STs. Unfortunately I think its the testimonial attendance that might suffer with people who have to make a choice picking the competitive game.

Id say we should charge same for Tripolis and if we got through that and drew a "name" side id expect prices for that game to
be above Cat A, ,maybe £35. I personally wouldn't think too much for a rare high profile European tie.

Of course we need to get past Runavik first !!!

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2018, 06:19 AM
£23 For a European tie at Easter Road, well that's that then. If Hibs think I would even consider that amount in July they would be right....see you all at ER GGTTH

tamig
21-06-2018, 06:29 AM
£23 For a European tie at Easter Road, well that's that then. If Hibs think I would even consider that amount in July they would be right....see you all at ER GGTTH

Indeed. I really can’t understand the outrage.

eastcoasthibby
21-06-2018, 06:58 AM
Hibernian can confirm the dates and venues for the UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round matches.
Full ticket information, including priority periods for season ticket holders, will be announced shortly.
The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).
We do not anticipate sales in advance of the game for the away tie, though this will be confirmed and any other travel information will be confirmed shortly.

Not happy at Hibs for this pricing they are hitting the fans hard again for this first game ....taking advantage of a feel good factor at the club. Particularly with no real signings in place, fans are backing the club with seasons, on speculation that some decent signings will come in, but no evidence.of that yet. Also be interesting to see how much away tickets come in at ?
I dont often have a go at Hibs but.I think a bit.of greed.and disregard for fans loyalty with this first euopean game, it might backfire and keep the attendance down by a couple of thousand.
Its not all about money for this game ....

BlackSheep
21-06-2018, 07:04 AM
Given that I started this thread arguing that prices should be kept low for the Runavik game, and you disagreed with me, it's clearly you that needs the hobby.

Why won't you clarify who your cowardly catch all insult about "usual penny pinchers" was aimed at?

It was aimed at everyone who regularly complains about the prices at Easter Road... Hibs certainly don’t over charge us in my opinion, yet there are a lot of people who seem to think the club owe us something in return for our support, over and above the entertainment they provide at what most consider a reasonable price.

It’s seems to have struck a nerve even though it was not in response to any of your posts nor finger pointing towards you, stop looking for a fight.

Johnny_Leith
21-06-2018, 07:05 AM
Not happy at Hibs for this pricing they are hitting the fans hard again for this first game ....taking advantage of a feel good factor at the club. Particularly with no real signings in place, fans are backing the club with seasons, on speculation that some decent signings will come in, but no evidence.of that yet. Also be interesting to see how much away tickets come in at ?
I dont often have a go at Hibs but.I think a bit.of greed.and disregard for fans loyalty with this first euopean game, it might backfire and keep the attendance down by a couple of thousand.

Interested in your thinking behind this.

In what way are the club taking advantage of the fans for charging the normal amount to get into a European tie?

I don't see any way in which they are 'taking advantage'? Regardless of our recent good attendances I think they would have priced this game the same anyway and set a precedent for this year's Europa ties.

What evidence do you want? Apart from signing our number 1 target in kamberi. Is it a lack of rumours? Do you want the club to openly discuss targets? Lennon is quoted saying we are working hard to get good players through the door.

Greed? It's simple, more money means better players. You don't have to go and pay £23 but I'll happily put my hand in my pocket knowing that money is going to help the club. I don't feel like they're taking advantage or swindling me I feel it's a perfectly fair amount to charge for something we worked towards all last season?

BlackSheep
21-06-2018, 07:14 AM
Are there genuinely fans who will not attend this game based on price alone?

Yes, if you cannot afford to buy a ticket then that’s a shame, but those who are thinking of not attending to stand on their principles... really???

Oscar T Grouch
21-06-2018, 07:26 AM
I can’t remember this sort of uproar at the Brondby game being just £1 less than this just 2 years ago. Why is that? Is it because people see the opposition as inferior to Brøndby? It’s the exact same round in the exact same competition is it not? Shirley a £1 increase isn’t an issue.

Greenworld
21-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Yep. I find it hard to understand how the club can't see that and have priced it as they have. Baffling.I don't get the problem we want to qualify the price is fine and now people are complaining get buying folkes support your team and bring in extra cash for players come on

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
21-06-2018, 07:37 AM

Or that they don't want to spend a lot of cash to watch a lowly part time team?It does not matter if it's a part time team or Barcelona it to get through to the next round so get your ticket [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

green&left
21-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Pretty sure Brondby away was around £6 a ticket & print @ home. How or who sets those prices I’ve no idea but he certainly knows his onions.

Top flight football in the Scotland and England is purely about maximising profit and they generally couldn't give two ****s about supporters. I'm still on Brondbys emailing list and get emails from them, they're selling adult season tickets for under £100. Bear in mind this a country where it costs about 6 quid a pint. Fantastic value.

The prices are expensive, particularly the kids prices.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Top flight football in the Scotland and England is purely about maximising profit and they generally couldn't give two ****s about supporters. I'm still on Brondbys emailing list and get emails from them, they're selling adult season tickets for under £100. Bear in mind this a country where it costs about 6 quid a pint. Fantastic value.

Funny I do too. Like you registered for tickets for the game

green&left
21-06-2018, 07:43 AM
I can’t remember this sort of uproar at the Brondby game being just £1 less than this just 2 years ago. Why is that? Is it because people see the opposition as inferior to Brøndby? It’s the exact same round in the exact same competition is it not? Shirley a £1 increase isn’t an issue.

Brondby was round 2.

JimBHibees
21-06-2018, 08:01 AM

Totally agree was always going to be something like that. So basically the same as a league game v Livingston, dont see the issue at all.

eastcoasthibby
21-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Interested in your thinking behind this.

In what way are the club taking advantage of the fans for charging the normal amount to get into a European tie?

I don't see any way in which they are 'taking advantage'? Regardless of our recent good attendances I think they would have priced this game the same anyway and set a precedent for this year's Europa ties.

What evidence do you want? Apart from signing our number 1 target in kamberi. Is it a lack of rumours? Do you want the club to openly discuss targets? Lennon is quoted saying we are working hard to get good players through the door.

Greed? It's simple, more money means better players. You don't have to go and pay £23 but I'll happily put my hand in my pocket knowing that money is going to help the club. I don't feel like they're taking advantage or swindling me I feel it's a perfectly fair amount to charge for something we worked towards all last season?

Each to their own in respect of what they feel is the right price for the game, I think its evident that quite a number of fans on here think its a bit steep.

The evidence I am looking for is actual new bodies signed up, I have trust but am concerned about lack of visible activity...with fans actively and very supportively putting the money up front.

I am not saying theclub is swining fans ...a different matter all together from my feeling that the ticket prices are hitting the loyalty of fans in this game in particular, where we want to get off to a flier and get the feel good factor in place.for the start kf the season.
It appears that there is some dubiety as to what is indicated that its not up to Hibs what prices are to get.in.... so apparent from making as much as possible with a financial head only on are the.club charging 23 quid. ? There isno thought.to the.overall picture.of getting as many people in a
s possible at a realistic but still financially beneficial price.
I cannot see.the equivalent of at least £23 quid being charges right across europe for games !!
As for greed ...I accept that its a money makong business but youneed.to consider your.customers capacity to commit all the time ....
For.what its worth my thinking was charge £16 and £8 for this game as an show of appreciation to fans support and get a big crowd in make.it.cleat.its a one.off and then all going well put the price to normal any following games !!

Hibbyradge
21-06-2018, 09:25 AM
It was aimed at everyone who regularly complains about the prices at Easter Road... Hibs certainly don’t over charge us in my opinion, yet there are a lot of people who seem to think the club owe us something in return for our support, over and above the entertainment they provide at what most consider a reasonable price.

It’s seems to have struck a nerve even though it was not in response to any of your posts nor finger pointing towards you, stop looking for a fight.

I wasn't looking for a fight. Your catch all insult was bang out of order.

If I'd used a phrase like "just the usual Uber fans who think they're better than everyone else", everyone who is happy with the pricing would have been insulted and I'd have been roundly criticised for it.

I don't know who you think regularly complains about pricing, but unless you identify them, then you're tarring everyone with the same brush.

Having a view one way or another is fine, I can see both sides of the discussion, but criticising, and insulting, people for having a view is not right.

Johnny_Leith
21-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Each to their own in respect of what they feel is the right price for the game, I think its evident that quite a number of fans on here think its a bit steep.

The evidence I am looking for is actual new bodies signed up, I have trust but am concerned about lack of visible activity...with fans actively and very supportively putting the money up front.

I am not saying theclub is swining fans ...a different matter all together from my feeling that the ticket prices are hitting the loyalty of fans in this game in particular, where we want to get off to a flier and get the feel good factor in place.for the start kf the season.
It appears that there is some dubiety as to what is indicated that its not up to Hibs what prices are to get.in.... so apparent from making as much as possible with a financial head only on are the.club charging 23 quid. ? There isno thought.to the.overall picture.of getting as many people in a
s possible at a realistic but still financially beneficial price.
I cannot see.the equivalent of at least £23 quid being charges right across europe for games !!
As for greed ...I accept that its a money makong business but youneed.to consider your.customers capacity to commit all the time ....
For.what its worth my thinking was charge £16 and £8 for this game as an show of appreciation to fans support and get a big crowd in make.it.cleat.its a one.off and then all going well put the price to normal any following games !!

Yes it seems a few on here believe it's steep, I think it's fair to ask the question why though. Id imagine nobody on this board is privvy to the spend per head required against the forecasted attendance for hibs to cover match day costs and make a profit. If we make a loss on a small attendance offered at lower rates and get put out of Europe the first go, then that will hurt us significantly.

I think the recruitment policy has been well documented by the club and support through official lines and forums so we all know that this might take more time than the hearts scattergun approach, for example. I would like to have seen more signings by now, it's an exciting process but I have faith that they will come. Signings will come, and they'll be of good quality. There's a few on here with good sources and they're putting out some good names.

Weve had the best attendances since the 50's all around the same price for a game (if not more for cat A) as this tie. Large volumes of Hibees are happy to come and pay the price to see Hamilton, Ross county, etc so I don't think the club would view it any differently. They'll have looked at like for like in previous years and made their decision. From a business point of view, even a diminished crowd due to holidays etc will garnish more than a slightly larger at decreased prices. Now that's potentially offset by a larger more vocal support which could help advance us to the next round, but money talks. Hibs do set the price for the home tie and will have considered all pricing structures even with an expected lesser attendance.

I think the term loyalty, is completely subjective when it comes to football. I could understand a lot more if we were garbage, the club didn't communicate, we signed average players and played awful football (2011-2015 basically). But we've attended in big numbers, backed the club and in turn they've started to deliver (with room for improvement, of course) on the park. That is what we all want, Hibernian to be as successful as possible, and our continued financial support is one of the main factors for that.

Anyway I'll be there, and hopefully you will too and we can debate the costs of the Greeks at home next 😉

Hibbyradge
21-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Yes it seems a few on here believe it's steep, I think it's fair to ask the question why though.

It's because we know from experience, that lots of folk won't go.

Hibs worst attendance last year was 15500. Unless I've misjudged this very badly, or we sign a superstar, there won't be anything like that number against Runavik.

The price for a game like this is steep. One argument that I have sympathy for is that if the price was lowered, the increase in attendance wouldn't compensate for the loss of income.

However, and unusually for me, on this occasion I feel that Hibs should have maximised the attendance even if it meant missing out on some income.

It's going to cost me well over £100 to go to the game, so it won't make much difference to me what they charge, but for families with a couple of children etc, it might.

Anyway, the decision has been made so we'll see what happens.

Keith_M
21-06-2018, 10:26 AM

I just don’t get it.

Funnily enough, I haven't actually seen many people on here say they wouldn't pay that much, just people expressing a feeling that, in combination with the opposition and time of year, it might lead to less people turning up.

Also, whenever we play a game that isn't covered by Season Tickets, the attendance normally plummets.

No big deal, and I've love to be wrong and see ER totally sold out.

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2018, 10:28 AM
I also think considering the opposition its a little steep. I understand why its been done this way, but i do think it will make an impact on the attendance.

Maybe £15 for an adult would have been about right in my opinion, but we will never know if it would have brought enough extra in to make up the difference of the higher crowd, probably not?

I will just look at it as a one off payment to HSL of £8. :greengrin

Johnny_Leith
21-06-2018, 11:32 AM
It's because we know from experience, that lots of folk won't go.

Hibs worst attendance last year was 15500. Unless I've misjudged this very badly, or we sign a superstar, there won't be anything like that number against Runavik.

The price for a game like this is steep. One argument that I have sympathy for is that if the price was lowered, the increase in attendance wouldn't compensate for the loss of income.

However, and unusually for me, on this occasion I feel that Hibs should have maximised the attendance even if it meant missing out on some income.

It's going to cost me well over £100 to go to the game, so it won't make much difference to me what they charge, but for families with a couple of children etc, it might.

Anyway, the decision has been made so we'll see what happens.

I don't think there's anyone under any illusions that we'll get a big crowd. There's a lot to pay for regarding hibs around this time, not to mention other expenses.

I think £23 is fair to watch this current Hibs team. I'd prefer a big crowd there too, but not at Hibs losing out financially.

Hopefully there'll be a big crowd and we'll finish this tie before the second leg 👍

fulshie
21-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Anyone have any idea when the tickets will go on sale?

Hermit Crab
21-06-2018, 02:15 PM

The club will announce this.

tamig
21-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Don’t worry - you’ll have your pick of the best seats going by a lot of the comments on here.

Mikey
21-06-2018, 02:42 PM

Much of it is the same people posting multiple times and that keeps it going. It hasn't been as badly received as this thread would suggest.

Ken
21-06-2018, 02:48 PM
I won’t

Why not out of interest Billy?

Billy Whizz
21-06-2018, 03:03 PM
Why not out of interest Billy?

I’m out of the country😬, or I would have been at the game.

Albanian Hibs
22-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Imagine moaning about the ticket price of a Europa League game 😂😂😂 Unbelievable. I wouldnt think twice about paying that if I was in the country and able to go.

Hibbyradge
22-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Imagine moaning about the ticket price of a Europa League game 😂😂😂 Unbelievable. I wouldnt think twice about paying that if I was in the country and able to go.

I haven't read anyone on here saying that the cost will put them off.

The suggestion is that a lot of people will baulk at the price and the crowd will be low as a result.

I hope I'm wrong, but given that we only got 13500 against Brondby in our first competitive game after we had won the Scottish Cup, I don't think we'll get close to that for a game against an unknown team from the Faroes.

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Where this game differs from most home games is the related costs.

Going by the chat on the FB page, it might cost about 50k for a plane to the Faroes. And then there's accommodation.

It's unlikely that we will get any TV money, so we have to recoup that outlay somehow. I'm not sure that dropping ticket prices by, say, a fiver would result in the home crowd being much bigger.

Bishop Hibee
22-06-2018, 02:11 PM
If an adult goes with a couple of kids it’s £51 right off the bat. A lot of money around holiday time. Disappointing from Hibs in my opinion. There’s enough of us that’ll pay those prices that the ticket price v crowd ratio means Hibs won’t make more money by reducing prices probably though.

hibbyfraelibby
23-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Do we share the gate money?

No

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2018, 03:59 PM
NoIt was a rhetorical question, but cheers for confirming that [emoji16]

The Leith Dutch
24-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Ah. The joys of being a Hibs supporter.

Fantastic season. Team playing better than they have in ages. Great manager. Possibly record Season Tickets on the horizon.

In Europe. Get a fantastic draw with a chance to progress in Europe and to have built up a head of steam when the season starts.
Good chance of watching us scoring a few goals in a European tie.

"****'s sake Hibs....ticket price for the game is too high"

Gmack7
24-06-2018, 10:08 AM
I'll be on hols - chances of Hibs TV?

Anybody confirm if its on HTV

Jones28
24-06-2018, 10:16 AM
These are the fruits of last seasons labours and folk are moaning about the price? This isn't Forfar in the league cup at £15 and £5 FFS, it's a European tie that we have a very good chance of winning.

Ozymandias
24-06-2018, 11:17 AM

Well it kind of is. It's a competitive fixture. If we dropped the prices significantly - say £15 there may be a small bounce in attendance. (I think demand v price is relatively inelastic, but lets say a reduced price would add 2,000 to the gate)

10,000 @ £23 = £230,000
12,000 @ £15 = £180,000

I'd prefer Hibs getting £50,000 rather than me getting the cost of about 2 pints back in my pocket.

Bob Box Fish
24-06-2018, 11:21 AM
If we get a couple of decent signings leading up to this tie it will boost the attendance I still think we Gould get 12k.

Bob Box Fish
25-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Rangers announced their prices tonight £15 adults and £5 kids.

B.H.F.C
25-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Rangers announced their prices tonight £15 adults and £5 kids.

Gerrard’s first competitive game - guaranteed to sell out so probably gave them the scope to go a bit lower price wise.

NOLA
25-06-2018, 05:21 PM

£23 ouch [emoji85]

Hermit Crab
25-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Gerrard’s first competitive game - guaranteed to sell out so probably gave them the scope to go a bit lower price wise.

To be fair we would have probably sold out at those prices as well.

B.H.F.C
25-06-2018, 07:01 PM
To be fair we would have probably sold out at those prices as well.

No we wouldn’t. Wouldn’t even have been close.

Hermit Crab
25-06-2018, 07:08 PM
No we wouldn’t. Wouldn’t even have been close.

A lot closer than £23 tickets though.

B.H.F.C
25-06-2018, 07:12 PM

Doubt it. We’ll be lucky to get 10k in. Reducing to £15 wouldn’t be adding 5,6,7 or 8k to the attendance.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 07:14 PM

10,000 at £23 would be £230k.

We'd need 15.5k at £15 to make the same money.

Skol
25-06-2018, 07:50 PM
We should be getting 16k at least regardless of price. I doubt if the price will put anyone off attending

Re rangers, they have a guaranteed sell out and have lost money by pricing at £15. These guys would pay whatever for Gerrards first game.

Blaster
25-06-2018, 07:58 PM
We should be getting 16k at least regardless of price. I doubt if the price will put anyone off attending

Re rangers, they have a guaranteed sell out and have lost money by pricing at £15. These guys would pay whatever for Gerrards first game.

I think you are right. However the other difference between their game and ours is TV. They will get a decent wedge for their game, we won’t

Diclonius
25-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Yes it's maybe £3 too steep, but on the other hand it's HIBS IN EUROPE.

HIBS. IN. EUROPE.

Enjoy the good times while they're here.

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 08:30 PM
I'm struggling to understand why people think it would be around £15 per adult ticket & £5 per concession.

The biggest attendance we're likely to get would be around 13,000 for a game such as this due to holidays. So say a 40/60 split on adults and consession. That would result an income of £117,000.

With tickets priced at £23 and £12 respectively, a much smaller crowd of 7,500 would generate an income of £123,000. If the crowd went up to say 10,000, the income would be £164,000. A 13,000 attendance would generate an income of £213,000.

Simply really get fans in and then keep them for future games or settle for a smaller crowd lacking atmosphere and perhaps struggle break down determined opponents.

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 08:32 PM
These are the fruits of last seasons labours and folk are moaning about the price? This isn't Forfar in the league cup at £15 and £5 FFS, it's a European tie that we have a very good chance of winning.
Against a team of Forfar's quality ?

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Simply really get fans in and then keep them for future games or settle for a smaller crowd lacking atmosphere and perhaps struggle break down determined opponents.And how would you deal with the loss of income?

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Really ? I think the club almost admitted they did when prices remained the same following relegation. The sell was we need to pay to get out this league and asked fans to stick with the team against lesser quality teams.

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 08:38 PM
And how would you deal with the loss of income?

By investing i n the fans of the future. I would think it is a bit silly to focus on only one game against supposed weak opposition. Did Hibs budget for European Football ? If not where is the income loss?

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 08:43 PM
By investing i n the fans of the future. I would think it is a bit silly to focus on only one game against supposed weak opposition.Dropping the price and losing as much as 100k in income is the equivalent of a player's wages for a season. The best way to invest in the future fans is to get a good team on the park. We have the best opportunity that we've had in years to do that.

SON OF PADDY
25-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Anyone know when you can actually buy the tickets !
Going on holiday
and was wanting to add it to my season ticket,I'm back the day before the match.

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Dropping the price and losing as much as 100k in income is the equivalent of a player's wages for a season. The best way to invest in the future fans is to get a good team on the park. We have the best opportunity that we've had in years to do that.

I don't disagree, however I do think this is over priced and if we end up with an 8 - 10 k crowd and struggle to break them down like rangers did against "weak" opposition what will the cost be ?

SON OF PADDY
25-06-2018, 08:57 PM
I don't disagree, however I do think this is over priced and if we end up with an 8 - 10 k crowd and struggle to break them down like rangers did against "weak" opposition what will the cost be ?

Not trying to be funny !
But how will the attendance impact on the team's performance ?
The players will take care of the game,regardless to the size of the crowd.

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Dropping the price and losing as much as 100k in income is the equivalent of a player's wages for a season. The best way to invest in the future fans is to get a good team on the park. We have the best opportunity that we've had in years to do that.

100k is probably a very inflated estimate

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Not trying to be funny !
But how will the attendance impact on the team's performance ?
The players will take care of the game,regardless to the size of the crowd.

Yeah you are right the crowd has never influenced the out come of a game. Weak teams have never been stubborn and difficult to breakdown and there has never been any shock results ever.

SON OF PADDY
25-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Yeah you are right the crowd has never influenced the out come of a game. Weak teams have never been stubborn and difficult to breakdown and there has never been any shock results ever.

Bottom line is !
if you're no happy with the price of the ticket, don't go it's simple really.
And you're right, no team ever just turn up without putting up a fight.🙄😉

Sammy7nil
25-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Bottom line is !
And you're right, no team ever just turn up without putting up a fight.����

Your right close the thread. If people want to go they will if they don't they wont. However I do think it is important that Hibs get feedback from fans and this is a method of passing on the feedback. The size of the crowd will be the best feedback to club.

For the record I will go I still think the pricing is wrong.

B.H.F.C
25-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Your right close the thread. If people want to go they will if they don't they wont. However I do think it is important that Hibs get feedback from fans and this is a method of passing on the feedback. The size of the crowd will be the best feedback to club.

For the record I will go I still think the pricing is wrong.

I think it can be argued that the pricing is a bit expensive.

I don’t think it’ll have much of an effect on the size of the crowd though.

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2018, 09:42 PM

I don’t think it’ll have much of an effect on the size of the crowd though.If it has little effect on the size of the crowd, it's perfectly priced then [emoji851]

SideBurns
25-06-2018, 09:44 PM

I don’t think it’ll have much of an effect on the size of the crowd though.

My initial reaction to the pricing was that it was too high, especially given that the game takes place in the middle of the school hols and (assuming it goes to plan) we'll have another home match before July is out, as well as the testimonial. I haven't changed my view.

However, when I'm sitting in the pub before the gemme I won't give the cost of my ticket a second's thought, but I will be excited that Hibs are back playing European football again. There have been far too many seasons in my time watching Hibs when that hasn't been the case.

we are hibs
25-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Bottom line is !
And you're right, no team ever just turn up without putting up a fight.🙄😉

What about those who want to go but can't afford it? **** them aye? You'd think the club would see this as a chance to get young fans through the gate. Warm summer night, European football at Easter Road.

Hibbyradge
25-06-2018, 10:00 PM

I would have thought exactly the opposite would apply.

If I thought Hibs would sell out, I wouldn't criticise the pricing.

But hey ho, it is what it is. I'll be there. Hopefully we'll win and score enough to put the tie to bed.

danhibees1875
25-06-2018, 10:06 PM

Does that not give them more scope to increase the price a bit? If demand will be there regardless.

Hibs aren't made of money, and we're trying to compete with teams who generate more income than us and have done for the last few years - we worked hard to qualify for Europe which gives a perfect opportunity to make some money. I don't think dropping the price would have added much to the crowd, we'd just have been not making as much money.

Garymcl
25-06-2018, 10:29 PM
But we will happily pay £28 for a game against our mighty neighbors and sell it out in record time because it's a derby on a cold midweek evening this game is as important if not more in the scheme of things but hey it's a free world you either want to go or give it a miss just saying :greengrin

monktonharp
26-06-2018, 12:22 AM

Poor show really. This should be a big crowdYou and I, judging by your age can easily afford this price. Others, with 2 or 3 kids to take along ( on instructions of the wife, if your gaun the bairns are gaun!) will definitely find it hard, given those prices. don't care what anyone thinks, but thems the facts. just a wee bit too expensive for quite a few.

monktonharp
26-06-2018, 12:28 AM
What about those who want to go but can't afford it? **** them aye? You'd think the club would see this as a chance to get young fans through the gate. Warm summer night, European football at Easter Road.don't be silly:cb

Chic Murray
26-06-2018, 07:45 AM

Can work both ways. How many times have smaller teams come to Easter Road to silence the big crowd? It's a known tactic of managers and it's best we concentrate on the players doing a professional job, and not letting any upsets happen.

Carheenlea
26-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Easter Road was packed out every other week as we competed in the top half of league battling it out to win the European qualifying positions, so after successfully achieving that it’s not unreasonable to expect a big crowd to see our first game at a ticket price more or less in line with what we paid to watch Hibs last season.

SON OF PADDY
26-06-2018, 07:03 PM
What about those who want to go but can't afford it? **** them aye? You'd think the club would see this as a chance to get young fans through the gate. Warm summer night, European football at Easter Road.

Same could apply for any game ?
Want to go,but can't afford to !

Heckys Wheel
26-06-2018, 07:22 PM

Utter drivel

Sammy7nil
26-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Utter drivel

I agree your post is utter drivel

Pretty Boy
26-06-2018, 07:57 PM
I'll be at the Europa game.

Won't be at Hanlons testimonial as I can't afford £23, £20 and then potentially another £23 in such a shprt space of time. Somethings got to give and as much as I like PH I'd rather go to the competitive game.

Bad Martini
27-06-2018, 11:41 AM
****ing hell, some things never change. There's still the good old polarised debate whereby youre either with us or against us (on either side) of this debate. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Nobody professes to be a Hibs "fan" then doesn't go to games and lives on the wee bits of glory we get for the fun of it.........equally anyone with more cash than sense (or even cash AND sense :greengrin) isn't really morally obligated to tell anyone else how to spend their dough, period.

Just rejoice that we are debating about the prices of European tickets while the mutants are debating precisely why they are still funding Queen Anne's interest and still coming up short in the league, against the wee team :na na::flag::thumbsup:

GLORY GLORY

ENDOF :aok:

theonlywayisup
13-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Despite the initial negativity it's good to see a 12,500 attendance at the game. More money to invest in the team.

It will be more of the same for the tie against the Greeks. Can't wait.

Ozyhibby
13-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Despite the initial negativity it's good to see a 12,500 attendance at the game. More money to invest in the team.

Club probably took in about £250k last night plus the £230k we get from UEFA. Same again next round and we won’t be far away from £1m extra income before the season even starts.

green&left
13-07-2018, 09:55 AM

99% sure I heard the tannoy state the crowd was 14,100? Official match report stating 1600 fans less..?

Billy Whizz
Club probably took in about £250k last night plus the £230k we get from UEFA. Same again next round and we won’t be far away from £1m extra income before the season even starts.

Probably took in less than £200k last night. But on top of the UEFA money, was a nice we earner, even after the cost of a plane charter

Would be expecting 15k plus at the game against Tripolas

Hibernian Verse

That's before factoring in our Group Stage appearances!! :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
13-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Probably took in less than £200k last night. But on top of the UEFA money, was a nice we earner, even after the cost of a plane charter

Would be expecting 15k plus at the game against Tripolas

I think it'll be close to a sellout