PDA

View Full Version : Hearts latest signing target

PatHead
18-06-2018, 03:15 PM
According to BBC Hearts are looking to sign a centre back from the Austrian second division. He is the most booked player in the Austrian league. Should fit in well. It is their 9th signing of the summer and I can’t say I am jealous of any of them.

Famous Fiver
18-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Do they play on plastic pitches in the Austrian 2nd Division?

Hibs4185
18-06-2018, 05:17 PM
I think a poster on another thread got it spot on when they said that anyone can sign 9-10 players that no one has heard off or allowed to leave clubs. We are obviously setting our sights on a higher calibre of player to improve our squad and that means a lot longer being spent on negotiations.

Gone are the days we sign a whole squad of unknowns to make up the numbers.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
18-06-2018, 05:30 PM
According to BBC Hearts are looking to sign a centre back from the Austrian second division. He is the most booked player in the Austrian league. Should fit in well. It is their 9th signing of the summer and I can’t say I am jealous of any of them.

Reminds me of us a bit a few years ago just making up the numbers and it got us some of the worse squads and performances in years. Keep it up Hearts.

MacGruber
18-06-2018, 06:00 PM
They are signing a player for every point they finished behind Hibs... a few to go still :na na:

1van Sprou7e
18-06-2018, 06:20 PM

Tbf didn't John McGinn get more booking than anyone else last season?

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Tbf didn't John McGinn get more booking than anyone else last season?

Think Shinnie was most booked player, if I remember correctly

1875STEVE
18-06-2018, 06:34 PM
Ive had a few boys in my work say this now, they are just signing players for the sake of it.

Its a mirror of Hibs in the Fenlon/Calderwood/Butcher era.

Every season, a whole batch of new, bang average players.

Not one of them would get in our side.

ancient hibee
18-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Think Shinnie was most booked player, if I remember correctly
McGinn second or third but also the most fouled player.

hfc rd
18-06-2018, 06:54 PM
I think a poster on another thread got it spot on when they said that anyone can sign 9-10 players that no one has heard off or allowed to leave clubs. We are obviously setting our sights on a higher calibre of player to improve our squad and that means a lot longer being spent on negotiations.

GGTTH

100% agree with this

Aldo
18-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Ive had a few boys in my work say this now, they are just signing players for the sake of it.

Its a mirror of Hibs in the Fenlon/Calderwood/Butcher era.

Every season, a whole batch of new, bang average players.

Not one of them would get in our side.

And a few at my work reckon I’m just jealous as we’ve only made one signing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18-06-2018, 07:04 PM
And a few at my work reckon I’m just jealous as we’ve only made one signing!

Quality vs Quantity

Kamberi > All Hearts' 8 signings put together.

Aldo
18-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Quality vs Quantity

Kamberi > All Hearts' 8 signings put together.

O yes but they don’t get it. Never have and never will!

Sioux
18-06-2018, 07:21 PM
O yes but they don’t get it. Never have and never will!

You're right;

"Seems to me we have been pretty smart with our signings. ZZ, Richards and now this chap have all taken release clauses to get out of their contracts. We may not have been able to afford them other wise. These guys were not free agents so to speak. There clubs were probably gutted to lose them"

hibs#1
18-06-2018, 07:33 PM
**** Hearts.

neil7908
18-06-2018, 07:36 PM
They are a total embarrassment of a club. It's clear Levein's tactics are unchanged for next season - hoof, foul, hoof, foul

Jack
18-06-2018, 07:51 PM
On paper their signings aren't even up to our standard in our darkest days. I suspect on grass they'll be even worse.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 07:53 PM
On paper their signings aren't even up to our standard in our darkest days. I suspect on grass they'll be even worse.

What about Hybrid, Jack

Skol
18-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Levein said about 18 months ago they had a high risk scattergun strategy for signings in the hope of finding the odd gem that they can sell on.

It worked with Osman Sow.

BullsCloseHibs
18-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Anyone else got the feeling Hertz are gonna be ultra guff next season. Bending over backwards to sign as many crap players as quickly as possible. Nice work Potter and Chewy.

jacomo
18-06-2018, 08:44 PM
They are a total embarrassment of a club. It's clear Levein's tactics are unchanged for next season - hoof, foul, hoof, foul

That’s unfair.

Sometimes he mixes it up and plays hoof, hoof, foul, foul.

Thecat23
18-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Anyone else got the feeling Hertz are gonna be ultra guff next season. Bending over backwards to sign as many crap players as quickly as possible. Nice work Potter and Chewy.

Mid table again, odd good result but mostly draws again and will struggle away from home. I’d say it’ll be a case of Déjà vu.

SMAXXA
18-06-2018, 08:57 PM

GGTTH[/QUOTE]

There in lies the key statement. Quality over quantity they are so similar to us of years ago it’s uncanny.

18-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Mid table again, odd good result but mostly draws again and will struggle away from home. I’d say it’ll be a case of Déjà vu.

I reckon they'll be slightly better away from home (can't get much worse surely) but will be slightly worse at home due to the better pitch. They'll finish 5th or 6th. Excuses will be, they had to get used to the pitch and players taking time to gel.

Stuart93
18-06-2018, 09:05 PM
I reckon they'll be slightly better away from home (can't get much worse surely) but will be slightly worse at home due to the better pitch. They'll finish 5th or 6th. Excuses will be, they had to get used to the pitch and players taking time to gel.

I'm just hoping we do the business and try finish further up than last season, needing a few more bodies in

Pagan Hibernia
18-06-2018, 09:50 PM

that wee five a side pitch of theirs seems to work for them. I fully expect the derby’s at least to follow the recent pattern... we’ll batter them at ER and struggle at Tiny

allezsauzee
19-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Hearts are trying to assemble a squad that will keep them in the top 6. We should be more interested in who Rangers and Aberdeen are signing than Hearts.

badabing67
19-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Hearts are trying to assemble a squad that will keep them in the top 6. We should be more interested in who Rangers and Aberdeen are signing than Hearts.

Agreed

Jack Hackett
19-06-2018, 10:10 AM
You're right;

"Seems to me we have been pretty smart with our signings. ZZ, Richards and now this chap have all taken release clauses to get out of their contracts. We may not have been able to afford them other wise. These guys were not free agents so to speak. There clubs were probably gutted to lose them"

:faf:

Just up, but that quote has made my day already
:lolyam: