PDA

View Full Version : Europe home/away

SChibs
18-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I'm just wondering if it has been confirmed we will play the away leg of our the first as we are seeded?

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 07:29 AM
Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I'm just wondering if it has been confirmed we will play the away leg of our the first as we are seeded?

50/50 chance I believe.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 07:35 AM

All in the draw, seeds don’t get home get 2nd

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 07:37 AM
All in the draw, seeds don’t get home get 2nd

? :confused:

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 07:38 AM
? :confused:

Think you know what I mean😬
2nd game

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Think you know what I mean😬
2nd game

Seeds and unseeded go in the same pot and its just pot luck if you're drawn at home first. I think thats right ?

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Seeds and unseeded go in the same pot and its just pot luck if you're drawn at home first. I think thats right ?

That’s correct

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 07:48 AM
That’s correct

I think theres more than one pot though to condense the draw, is not kind of regionalised too?

calumhibee1
18-06-2018, 08:04 AM

How do you avoid seeds drawing against each other in that case?

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 08:06 AM

I guess you don't but theres not two separate pots for seeded and unseeded, otherwise all the seeded would be drawn at home first or second?

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 08:15 AM

There's 2 pots, seeded and unseeded. One ball is taken from each and dropped in a 3rd pot. The teams are then drawn from the 3rd pot to determine home/away.

It should be noted that the home/away order is not 100% final and may be subject to change if 2 teams from the same city are drawn at home on the same date. This happened to Hearts trip to Tallinn in 2016 and I believe their fixture was reversed.

"HEARTS have announced a second alteration in two days to their Europa League first qualifying round clash with FC Infonet. The Jambos were drawn against the Estonian club yesterday with the second leg initially scheduled to take place at Tynecastle. However, UEFA then told the Edinburgh club that they would play the first leg at home and the return in Tallinn due to a fixture clash in the Estonian capital. Hearts have now announced that the away match has been moved forward 24 hours to Wednesday July 6." - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14570438.Hearts_announce_Infonet_fixture_has_been_ switched_for_second_time/

calumhibee1
18-06-2018, 08:16 AM
There's 2 pots, seeded and unseeded. One ball is taken from each and dropped in a 3rd pot. The teams are then drawn from the 3rd pot to determine home/away.

It should be noted that the home/away order is not 100% final and may be subject to change if 2 teams from the same city are drawn at home on the same date. This happened to Hearts trip to Tallinn in 2016 and I believe their fixture was reversed.

What a mess.

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 08:17 AM

What a farce, they make things more difficult than it has to be.

Jamesie
18-06-2018, 09:20 AM

"HEARTS have announced a second alteration in two days to their Europa League first qualifying round clash with FC Infonet. The Jambos were drawn against the Estonian club yesterday with the second leg initially scheduled to take place at Tynecastle. However, UEFA then told the Edinburgh club that they would play the first leg at home and the return in Tallinn due to a fixture clash in the Estonian capital. Hearts have now announced that the away match has been moved forward 24 hours to Wednesday July 6." - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14570438.Hearts_announce_Infonet_fixture_has_been_ switched_for_second_time/

I haven't had a good look at the geography but the only cities in respect of which this potentially being an issue this year seems to be Sofia in Bulgaria, Budapest in Hungary, Skopje in Macedonia and Yerevan in Armenia. Unless, of course, smaller teams decided to move the game to the capital to capitalise on a larger travelling support - sides like Narva Trans in Estonia (stadium capacity: 1,065) may well decide to do that I would imagine.

danhibees1875
18-06-2018, 09:29 AM
I thought there was 2 pots - one seeded, one unseeded - and they just alternate which pot they draw from first.

Either way, it's not confirmed if we're home and away until, presumably, Wednesday. :aok:

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 09:38 AM
I thought there was 2 pots - one seeded, one unseeded - and they just alternate which pot they draw from first.

Either way, it's not confirmed if we're home and away until, presumably, Wednesday. :aok:

You may be right with that actually, I have seen a third pot used in draws before but could be a different competition.

Jamesie
18-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Unless there's been a change in the last 12 months there is no regionalisation at this stage that I can see BTW - I use the precedent of Aberdeen ending up in Bosnia in this round of the tournament last year.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 09:41 AM
I haven't had a good look at the geography but the only cities in respect of which this potentially being an issue this year seems to be Sofia in Bulgaria, Budapest in Hungary, Skopje in Macedonia and Yerevan in Armenia. Unless, of course, smaller teams decided to move the game to the capital to capitalise on a larger travelling support - sides like Narva Trans in Estonia (stadium capacity: 1,065) may well decide to do that I would imagine.

If the draw is regionalised as expected then we wouldn't face anyone from those countries.

Runavik (Faroe Islands) play their Europa League games in Torshavn so there is a potential clash there if B36 Torshavn win their Preliminary Round tie.

davhibby
18-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Unless there's been a change in the last 12 months there is no regionalisation at this stage that I can see BTW - I use the precedent of Aberdeen ending up in Bosnia in this round of the tournament last year.

That's the second round.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 09:45 AM

Aberdeen didnt enter until the 2nd Qualifying round last year.

Both Rangers and St Johnstone played 'Northern' teams in the 1st Qualifying round.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 09:47 AM
You can see last years 1st round pots here, which are regionalised.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e_and_play-off_round#First_qualifying_round

andyf5
18-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Map here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/2018/06/09/map-of-potential-opponents/

LancsHibs
18-06-2018, 10:45 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e_and_play-off_round#First_qualifying_round

Doesn’t look regionalised to me? Looks like Rangers could have drawn a club from Gibraltar, Moldova, Luxembourg, San Marino or Andorra, they ended up with the Luxembourg club. Pretty spread out bunch!!

andyf5
18-06-2018, 10:45 AM
You may be right with that actually, I have seen a third pot used in draws before but could be a different competition.

Copied from uefa page-

"First qualifying round (12 & 19 July)

The teams, 87 of whom enter in this round, are ranked according to their coefficient and further split into seeding groups prior to the draw (the seven winners of the preliminary round ties on 28 June and 5 July will take the coefficient of the seeded team from each tie).
Each side in each seeding group is allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded teams' numbers are placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded teams' numbers (within the same sub-group of clubs) in another.
A ball is taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.
The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn play their first game at home, against the sides whose numbers match the next ball drawn"

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Copied from uefa page-

"First qualifying round (12 & 19 July)

The teams, 87 of whom enter in this round, are ranked according to their coefficient and further split into seeding groups prior to the draw (the seven winners of the preliminary round ties on 28 June and 5 July will take the coefficient of the seeded team from each tie).
Each side in each seeding group is allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded teams' numbers are placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded teams' numbers (within the same sub-group of clubs) in another.
A ball is taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.
The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn play their first game at home, against the sides whose numbers match the next ball drawn"

Ah, so I was correct :)

andyf5
18-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Ah, so I was correct :)

And no regionalisation mentioned...

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Doesn’t look regionalised to me? Looks like Rangers could have drawn a club from Gibraltar, Moldova, Luxembourg, San Marino or Andorra, they ended up with the Luxembourg club. Pretty spread out bunch!!

As has been highlighted before it is not guaranteed and there is no hard and fast rule to how they do it.

- Of the 40 teams in groups 7-10, only 5 are from outwith the Northern Region.
- Of the 60 teams in groups 1-6, only 5 are from the Northern region.

andyf5
18-06-2018, 11:27 AM
As has been highlighted before it is not guaranteed and there is no hard and fast rule to how they do it.

- Of the 40 teams in groups 7-10, only 5 are from outwith the Northern Region.
- Of the 60 teams in groups 1-6, only 5 are from the Northern region.
I'm not clear what you mean. There are over 16 teams outside the northern region we could get - Armenia,Georgia, Moldova, Albania etc etc.

RoxburghHibs
18-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Is the 1st/2nd Q Round draw taking place tomorrow?

andyf5
18-06-2018, 12:32 PM

I agree these draws look regionalised. I contacted UEFA direct and they referred me to the draw rules web page. We find out Wednesday anyway.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Is the 1st/2nd Q Round draw taking place tomorrow?

Wednesday

RoxburghHibs
18-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Wednesday

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Daily record suggesting we may learn who some of our opponents are, sometime today
Noticed in the Champins League, Celtic have been given 6 opponents they can draw in their 1st round

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 01:06 PM
I'm not clear what you mean. There are over 16 teams outside the northern region we could get - Armenia,Georgia, Moldova, Albania etc etc.

I was referring to last years pots

Keith_M
18-06-2018, 01:22 PM
I thought we were playing Linfield.

:confused:

Gibby the Hibby
18-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Goalkeeping worries for europa it seems, with Rocky not going to be fit,
I just hope it doesnt end up another brondby situation. one blunder costing us

I wonder if lennon plans on having one of the 3 young keepers step in,

Heard good reports about martin but never seen him

The polish lad not seen much of either,

Laidlaw is decent but got a bad injury, not sure how ready he is,

Do we need to sign a goalkeeper this is the question? with bell gone, we lack experienced back up

Big_Franck
18-06-2018, 02:47 PM

Do we need to sign a goalkeeper this is the question? with bell gone, we lack experienced back up

We can't go in to the Europa League qualifiers with a rookie keeper. It'd be negligent on the club's part to do that again. We need to take the Europa League seriously and try to get as far as we can, so if Rocky and Laidlaw aren't going to be fit we need to sign an experienced keeper sharpish.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 02:48 PM

Sorry who’s Martin.

Big_Franck
18-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Sorry who’s Martin.

Think he means Paddy Martin?

Jamesie
18-06-2018, 03:58 PM
We can't go in to the Europa League qualifiers with a rookie keeper. It'd be negligent on the club's part to do that again. We need to take the Europa League seriously and try to get as far as we can, so if Rocky and Laidlaw aren't going to be fit we need to sign an experienced keeper sharpish.

It's a shame Combe's 44!

SteveHFC
18-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Group 9:
Seeded:
1 Rudar Velenje (SVN)
2 Dundalk (IRL)
3 Hibernian (SCO)
4 Sarpsborg (NOR)
5 Häcken (SWE)
6 København (DEN)

Unseeded:
7 Levadia Tallinn (EST)
8 ÍBV (ISL)
9 KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
10 Liepāja (LVA)
11 Tre Fiori (SMR) / Bala Town (WAL)
12 NSÍ Runavík (FRO)

Groups confirmed for first round. Think i'll keep my cash for next round.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/draws/round=2000986/

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Group 9:
Seeded:
1 Rudar Velenje (SVN)
2 Dundalk (IRL)
3 Hibernian (SCO)
4 Sarpsborg (NOR)
5 Häcken (SWE)
6 København (DEN)

Unseeded:
7 Levadia Tallinn (EST)
8 ÍBV (ISL)
9 KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
10 Liepāja (LVA)
12 NSÍ Runavík (FRO)

Which country are Runavik from (Fro) Faroes?

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:08 PM
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/draws/round=2000986/

SteveHFC
18-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Which country are Runavik from (Fro) Faroes?

Faroe Islands.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Unless it’s Wales, could be an expensive trip

SteveHFC
18-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Unless it’s Wales, could be an expensive trip

Hoping for San Marino or Wales.

B.H.F.C
18-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Unless it’s Bala Town, can’t see many travelling.

Since90+2
18-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Seems a fairly tough draw for it being the first round and us being seeded! Think the Icelandic, Latvian and Finnish teams would be half decent. Certainly not many gimmes I don't think.

Jamesie
18-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Sod's law will be that we get drawn against the winner of Tre Fiori and Bala Town, which would be very awkward as they both look to be as Tom Kite as each other so very difficult to plan for travel! At a hunch I'd say Bala might edge it but then again got to factor in the heat and conditions of the San Marinese summer for the home leg too.

superbam
18-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Osto Virtanen who cost us progress in Europe last year is the keeper for the Finish team, KuPS

scoopyboy
18-06-2018, 04:30 PM
I see Rangers could draw Progres of Luxembourg again, both in group 2.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Group 9:
Seeded:
1 Rudar Velenje (SVN)
2 Dundalk (IRL)
3 Hibernian (SCO)
4 Sarpsborg (NOR)
5 Häcken (SWE)
6 København (DEN)

Unseeded:
7 Levadia Tallinn (EST)
8 ÍBV (ISL)
9 KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
10 Liepāja (LVA)
12 NSÍ Runavík (FRO)

Looks regionalised to me

Juniper Greens
18-06-2018, 04:35 PM
I see Rangers could draw Progres of Luxembourg again, both in group 2.

And did Siroki not put Aberdeen last year?

Ours looks more regionalised than theirs

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 04:35 PM
As I mentioned earlier Torshavn and Runavik both play their European games in the same town so if we were to draw Runavik the tie may be subject to change if there is a clash.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Osto Virtanen who cost us progress in Europe last year is the keeper for the Finish team, KuPS

I’ll need to have a wee look to see how these teams are doing just now

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Thats crap, Bala Town please.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Thats crap, Bala Town please.

Might have to wait another 2 weeks then, they’ve got a home and away tie before the 1st round

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Map here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/2018/06/09/map-of-potential-opponents/

Andy, can you please do a wee update on this now

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Might have to wait another 2 weeks then, they’ve got a home and away tie before the 1st round

Is the first leg this Thursday?

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Is the first leg this Thursday?

28th

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:51 PM
28th

And 5th July

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 04:53 PM
28th

Ok, cheers. Some howling trips in there it has to be said.

cleanyman
18-06-2018, 04:55 PM
If that's the case what a minging draw.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 04:56 PM

It’s only the 1st round, hopefully get through, and get another tie

B.H.F.C
18-06-2018, 05:00 PM

Never going to get a glamour tie in this round.

Bala would be perfect. Hopefully the get through and that’s who we get.

Tallinn would be a decent trip.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 05:02 PM
I’m not sure what folk were expecting draw wise, we all saw the list of potential teams before hand.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 05:05 PM

So would San Marino

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 05:10 PM
So would San Marino

Flights are over £200, some over £300

andyf5
18-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Andy, can you please do a wee update on this now

Sure. If you could point me to the extra teams?

james62
18-06-2018, 05:12 PM
I’m not sure what folk were expecting draw wise, we all saw the list of potential teams before hand.

:agree: and flights anywhere at this time of year with less than a month's notice are always going to be expensive

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Sure. If you could point me to the extra teams?

All we can draw is the 6/7 non highlighted teams in group 9 in the 1st round
Round 2 will also be drawn on Wednesday

H18 SFR
18-06-2018, 05:47 PM

Not a kind draw for travel plans etc.

Faroe Islands always extortionate. The Finnish destination is not that far from St Petersburg in Russia ffs.

Famous Fiver
18-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Any of them play on plastic pitches?

andyf5
18-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Thanks. Pages all updated.

map https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/

flights https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/2018/06/12/flight-prices/

Not got time to look at San Marino flights just now...

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 05:58 PM

Cheers Andy

Big_Franck
18-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Cheers for that Andy. Looks like you have confused Latvia with Lithuania though as you have priced up flights to Kaunas in that link. We can't draw a Lithuanian side but can get a team from Latvia (Liepāja FC). Looks like Liepāja is some 200km from Riga and a 3 and half hour bus journey.

Gibby the Hibby
18-06-2018, 06:24 PM
san marino would be ok, this time of year,

but wales will do :flag:

H18 SFR
18-06-2018, 07:00 PM
san marino would be ok, this time of year,

but wales will do :flag:

Peroni and pizza or coal and dunno what.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Peroni and pizza or coal and dunno what.

Leeks

Diclonius
18-06-2018, 07:35 PM
We should be able to beat any of them.

hulk
18-06-2018, 08:01 PM

Is it not one if the highlighted teams from
Group 8 or 9. So we know it’s one of 12.

“There are two draws: the first for groups 1 to 7 (which all feature ten teams), then one for groups 8 and 9 (12 teams”

H18 SFR
18-06-2018, 08:04 PM

“There are two draws: the first for groups 1 to 7 (which all feature ten teams), then one for groups 8 and 9 (12 teams”

Wouldn't surprise you with UEFA.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2018, 08:11 PM

You have a point, but way I read it, 1st 7 groups have 10 in them, do the draw, then move onto other groups who have 12, eg Hibs
But it’s UEFA we’re talking about here, nothing is straight forward

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 08:11 PM

No.

Each team in the groups are numbered 1-10 (or 1-12).

Groups 1 to 7 are drawn simultaneously. So if teams 4 and 9 are drawn, all teams numbered 4 from each group will play against the teams numbered 9.

The same process is then done for groups 8 and 9.

HibeeDaz6270
18-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Cheers for that Andy. Looks like you have confused Latvia with Lithuania though as you have priced up flights to Kaunas in that link. We can't draw a Lithuanian side but can get a team from Latvia (Liepāja FC). Looks like Liepāja is some 200km from Riga and a 3 and half hour bus journey.

Also would seem helsinki is around 4 hour 30 journey to the finish side location. I think there is closer apirports but not entirely sure of approximate cost.

BlackSheep
18-06-2018, 08:23 PM
We play 1 of the teams in group 9... highlighted teams are seeded so we won’t play any of them so I guess we r off to Estonia, Iceland, Finland, Latvia, San Marino/Wales or the Faroes...! We could still get drawn away in either the 1st or 2nd leg....

Nakedmanoncrack
18-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Some great potential trips there.

BullsCloseHibs
18-06-2018, 08:36 PM
If the draw is regionalised as expected then we wouldn't face anyone from those countries.

Runavik (Faroe Islands) play their Europa League games in Torshavn so there is a potential clash there if B36 Torshavn win their Preliminary Round tie.

That's some serious homework!

BullsCloseHibs
18-06-2018, 08:37 PM

I'll take that.

andyf5
18-06-2018, 08:39 PM

sorted. bus timetable added too.

B.H.F.C
18-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Some great potential trips there.

Travel costs will be an issue for most of them though.

H18 SFR
18-06-2018, 08:41 PM
I'm presuming that if it was Tallin all the pre-match gatherings would be in the Old Town square area?

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 08:44 PM
sorted. bus timetable added too.

There’s also a daily flight between Riga and Leipaja, 40 mins and around £40-60 each way.

H18 SFR
18-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Neither Bala or the San Marino's have ever progressed through this round, someone will of course this time. Bet we get them to muck up booking flights etc.

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Neither Bala or the San Marino's have ever progressed through this round, someone will of course this time. Bet we get them to muck up booking flights etc.

Really hope its bala town.

H18 SFR
18-06-2018, 09:17 PM

As much as I'd like a jaunt abroad I agree.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Hoping for a trip abroad ✈️🍺

davhibby
18-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Bala first round then a good trip in the second round would be ideal. Some absolute crackers possible in the second round and Bala are League 1 standard in Scotland at best

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Bala first round then a good trip in the second round would be ideal. Some absolute crackers possible in the second round and Bala are League 1 standard in Scotland at best

I’d say East of Scotland stuff myself.

Hermit Crab
18-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Hoping for a trip abroad ✈️🍺

Better saving it for the next round.

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Better saving it for the next round.

The first round trip abroad will be a warm up for the second round trip abroad. Tallinn would be great 🇪🇪

NAE NOOKIE
18-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Is it true that we will find out on Wednesday who our opponents will be if we get through the first round?

CapitalGreen
18-06-2018, 11:14 PM
Is it true that we will find out on Wednesday who our opponents will be if we get through the first round?

Not necessarily, we could be drawn against the winner of another 1st Round tie.

17/37 (46%) of the 2nd Round seeds are involved in the 1st Qualifying Round.

Big_Franck
19-06-2018, 04:49 AM

The draw will also be made for Round 2 on Wednesday, yeah. Our list of possible 2nd round opponents is listed below:

Spain Sevilla CC: 113.000
Turkey Beşiktaş CC: 57.000
Czech Republic Sparta Prague CC: 34.500
Romania FCSB CC: 27.500
Belgium Genk CC: 27.000
Netherlands AZ CC: 25.000
Germany RB Leipzig CC: 17.000
England Burnley CC: 15.921
Italy Atalanta CC: 15.249
France Bordeaux CC: 11.283
Russia Ufa CC: 10.676
Portugal Rio Ave CC: 9.449
Greece Asteras Tripolis CC: 9.000
Ukraine Mariupol CC: 8.226
Croatia Hajduk Split CC: 7.000
Austria LASK Linz CC: 6.570
Austria Admira Wacker Mödling CC: 6.570
Switzerland St. Gallen CC: 6.040
Netherlands Vitesse CC: 6.000
Greece Atromitos CC: 5.720

Winners of match involving Denmark Copenhagen CC: 34.000
Winners of match involving Slovenia Maribor CC: 22.500
Winners of match involving Israel Maccabi Tel Aviv CC: 22.500
Winners of match involving Serbia Partizan CC: 17.000
Winners of match involving Norway Molde CC: 12.500
Winners of match involving Cyprus Apollon Limassol CC: 10.000
Winners of match involving Belarus Dinamo Minsk CC: 8.000
Winners of match involving Poland Lech Poznań CC: 7.000
Winners of match involving Iceland FH CC: 5.500
Winners of match involving Republic of Ireland Dundalk CC: 5.500
Winners of match involving Lithuania Žalgiris CC: 5.500
Winners of match involving Azerbaijan Gabala CC: 5.250
Winners of match involving Croatia Osijek CC: 5.200
Winners of match involving Denmark Nordsjælland CC: 5.190
Winners of match involving Republic of Macedonia Vardar CC: 5.000
Winners of match involving Slovakia Trenčín CC: 5.000
Winners of match involving Slovakia Slovan Bratislava CC: 5.000

we are hibs
19-06-2018, 07:31 AM
I thought the draw was today (19th)?

SRHibs
19-06-2018, 07:32 AM
There must be a relatively cheap way to get to San Marino via Italy?

CapitalGreen
19-06-2018, 07:34 AM
I thought the draw was today (19th)?

Tomorrow. CL draw and EL Round 2 Champions Path draw are today.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 07:44 AM

Ryanair fly into Rimini 2/3 days a week from Stanstead.

scoopyboy
19-06-2018, 07:46 AM

When I went to watch Scotland play in San Marino we stayed in Rimini which was less than 30 minutes in a bus from the ground.

davhibby
19-06-2018, 08:14 AM
Tre Fiori aren't playing Bala in San Marino, they're playing them in a town in Italy called Forli that doesn't look too far from Bologna

Big_Franck
19-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Also would seem helsinki is around 4 hour 30 journey to the finish side location. I think there is closer apirports but not entirely sure of approximate cost.

Return flights from Helsinki to Kuopio where the Finish side play are around £250 return. Finland or the Faroes look like the most expensive trips.

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Return flights from Helsinki to Kuopio where the Finish side play are around £250 return. Finland or the Faroes look like the most expensive trips.

Once the draw has been made, the likelihood is that these will go up. RyanAir and EasyJet are well known for that.

Johnny_Leith
19-06-2018, 09:13 AM
If you've been looking at flights online, when it comes to looking and booking then make sure you're browsing in incognito mode.

The website won't be able to recognise you've been looking at flights previously, which is when they increase the flights as they know you're booking somewhere.

Where's everyone hoping for? Estonia or San Marino for me.

Bristolhibby
19-06-2018, 09:17 AM

This.

3 and a 1/2 hour drive for me into Snowdonia for me.

No problem.

J

danhibees1875
19-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Once the draw has been made, the likelihood is that these will go up. RyanAir and EasyJet are well known for that.

Do you think they care that much about Hibs' Europa fixtures to monitor the draw?

I'd have thought it's more a case of after the draw people start booking tickets, less seats available = price goes up.

Either way, be fast or pay more is the motto.

davhibby
19-06-2018, 09:22 AM
This.

3 and a 1/2 hour drive for me into Snowdonia for me.

No problem.

J
Bala playing at Rhyl this round so probably would be there

Brightside
19-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Do you think they care that much about Hibs' Europa fixtures to monitor the draw?

I'd have thought it's more a case of after the draw people start booking tickets, less seats available = price goes up.

They will go up just by people googling. Peaks interest and the price engine will auto reflect that.

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2018, 09:25 AM

It's a Europe-wide (insert techie word here that I don't know) response to anything major that they can put their prices up for.

Big_Franck
19-06-2018, 09:26 AM

Ryanair and Easyjet put their prices up when certain routes are searched for more often than normal. The Glasgow-Riga flight is already more than twice the price it was yesterday.

As someone else said above, use incognito mode in Chrome when searching for potential flights guys. It should keep the prices a bit lower.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Bala playing at Rhyl this round so probably would be there

What size of ground do Rhyl have

HibeeDaz6270
19-06-2018, 09:37 AM
3000 apparently, 1700 seated

Hibernian Verse
19-06-2018, 09:43 AM

Rhylly big

danhibees1875
19-06-2018, 09:54 AM
They will go up just by people googling. Peaks interest and the price engine will auto reflect that.

It's a Europe-wide (insert techie word here that I don't know) response to anything major that they can put their prices up for.

Ryanair and Easyjet put their prices up when certain routes are searched for more often than normal. The Glasgow-Riga flight is already more than twice the price it was yesterday.

As someone else said above, use incognito mode in Chrome when searching for potential flights guys. It should keep the prices a bit lower.

They're crafty, I'll give them that! :greengrin

Good luck finding a deal to those hunting! :aok:

Albanian Hibs
19-06-2018, 10:28 AM

Add Iceland as an expensive trip too. Was there in December and spent a fortune on food and drink. Would love to see loads of Hibees in the Blue Lagoon though!

MacBean
19-06-2018, 11:22 AM
If it turns out to be Bala, get a train to Wrexham or Chester.

green with envy
19-06-2018, 12:13 PM
If it turns out to be Bala, get a train to Wrexham or Chester.

Why not direct to Rhyl?

LancashireHibby
19-06-2018, 12:30 PM
I expect Bala would play it at Wrexham if they played us.

Bamba
19-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Also consider then that flying to Tallinn and ferrying to Helsinki is a (sometimes cheaper/more enjoyable) option

Bamba
19-06-2018, 01:17 PM

You can also get the train or 'Onnibus' to Kuopio - the train takes around 4h and is about 25€, the bus takes around 5h and costs 10€ and both leave from the centre of the city. So it needn't be prohibitively expensive.

Sure, flying will get you there a bit quicker but you'd be paying an extra 200€ to shave maybe a couple hours off.

If we draw KuPS, I'll be able to help you all with this stuff!

Bamba
19-06-2018, 01:26 PM
This team from Iceland look like they play on an island off of the mainland. Does anyone know if they'll actually play their games there or will they move to Reykjavik?

green with envy
19-06-2018, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bamba;5436722]This team from Iceland look like they play on an island off of the mainland. Does anyone know if they'll actually play their games there or will they move to Reykjavik?[/

They played their last European game at their own ground against Red Star 2013/14 season.

Since90+2
19-06-2018, 01:48 PM
This team from Iceland look like they play on an island off of the mainland. Does anyone know if they'll actually play their games there or will they move to Reykjavik?

That trip would cost an absolute bomb! You'd be lucky if we took more than 100 to there id reckon.

danhibees1875
19-06-2018, 01:50 PM
That trip would cost an absolute bomb! You'd be lucky if we took more than 100 to there id reckon.

Cue Hermit Crab proclaiming that if you don't go to Hásteinsvöllur, then you shouldn't be wanting a ticket for Tynecastle.

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Cue Hermit Crab proclaiming that if you don't go to Hásteinsvöllur, then you shouldn't be wanting a ticket for Tynecastle.

:greengrin

Made me laugh too🤣

Big_Franck
19-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Well spotted, looks like they are from this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimaey) wee island off the south of Iceland. The island is called Heimaey and only has a population of 4500. Their stadium on the island holds 2800 so they wouldn't need to move it to the mainland. Can't see that many Hibs fans going.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Well spotted, looks like they are from this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimaey) wee island off the south of Iceland. The island is called Heimaey and only has a population of 4500. Their stadium on the island holds 2800 so they wouldn't need to move it to the mainland. Can't see that many Hibs fans going.

Unless we can get on the team charter

Stuart93
19-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Bala also play their European ties at Rhyl...probably easier to get to.

JeMeSouviens
19-06-2018, 02:57 PM

It was in my O grade geography because of the volcanic eruption. That's a blast from the past.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Bala also play their European ties at Rhyl...probably easier to get to.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/rhyl-belle-vue-stadium.html#aby-train

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Unless we can get on the team charter

That will cost a fortune. £500 at least.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 03:13 PM

Not going to be any cheaper doing it yourself

CapitalGreen
19-06-2018, 03:14 PM

Worth it to see the Hibs 🇳🇬

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:18 PM

Lets hope the draw is as kind as it can be to us. Bala Town please, Bala will be wanting drawn against us as well.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Worth it to see the Hibs 🇳🇬

Not sure if many will justify that. Me included.

SteveHFC
19-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Lets hope the draw is as kind as it can be to us. Bala Town please, Bala will be wanting drawn against us as well.

Bala then somewhere like Germany or France in next round.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Why not direct to Rhyl?

You cant get a direct train from Edinburgh. You have to change at Warrington Bank Quay and the journey is around 4 hours 40 minutes.

One Day Soon
19-06-2018, 03:33 PM

We could charter a longboat and try rowing it?

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Flights to the Faroes sitting at around £800.

maturehibby
19-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Or change at Crewe for Rhyll

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Or change at Crewe for Rhyll

Quicker to change at Warrington, changing at Crewe means changing again at Chester on most services to Rhyl.

SChibs
19-06-2018, 03:55 PM
Flight out morning of the 18th and back afternoon of 20th for Tallin if we get them and are away 2nd leg. £240 not too steep.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Flight out morning of the 18th and back afternoon of 20th for Tallin if we get them and are away 2nd leg. £240 not too steep.

From where?

hibbyfraelibby
19-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Flights are over £200, some over £300

Fly to Bologna or Verona and catch a train.

hibbyfraelibby
19-06-2018, 04:04 PM

Ryanair fly in to Bolgna from EDI twice a week (Mon/Fri). Trainitalia pretty decent from there and if you book on line pretty cheap too.

SChibs
19-06-2018, 04:07 PM
From where?

Edinburgh

hibbyfraelibby
19-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Flights to the Faroes sitting at around £800.

Why dont we charter a ferry. Think the Dons did that a few yeats back for Gotheberg. Travel accommodation and refreshments in one compact location.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Why dont we charter a ferry. Think the Dons did that a few yeats back for Gotheberg. Travel accommodation and refreshments in one compact location.

Great idea.

Kojock
19-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Was on the Hibs charter to Copenhagen cost £750. The price included return transfers from ER to Edinburgh airport. Return transfers from airport to hotel. 1 nights b&b and bus to game.

SChibs
19-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Nobody fancy driving a minibus to Latvia/ Finland/ Estonia?

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Was on the Hibs charter to Copenhagen cost £750. The price included return transfers from ER to Edinburgh airport. Return transfers from airport to hotel. 1 nights b&b and bus to game.

Did you think that was reasonable or overpriced. I think thats steep to be honest.

Kojock
19-06-2018, 04:17 PM

They interviewed a couple of English fans yesterday on tv who cycled from England to Russia.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:18 PM

:faf:. If you can find a tee total Hibby going to watch them us in Europe willing to do hours of driving then I'll take my hat off to you?

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:18 PM
They interviewed a couple of English fans yesterday on tv who cycled from England to Russia.

Better leave now then!

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Funny I spoke to someone the other day, who drove to Malmo for our game, via Hull

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:20 PM
Funny I spoke to someone the other day, who drove to Malmo for our game, via Hull

You offering?

andyf5
19-06-2018, 04:22 PM

I think that's pretty steep and way out my budget. For Copenhagen I'd be looking at flights for under £100 return, £60 hotel ( based on 2 sharing), public transport and match ticket for £200 all in.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 04:22 PM
You offering?

I can get 4 in comfortably, depends where the ferries leave from and too😄
As I said before I can’t make the 1st leg regardless of where it’s played, as my daughter is getting married

Kojock
19-06-2018, 04:44 PM
I think that's pretty steep and way out my budget. For Copenhagen I'd be looking at flights for under £100 return, £60 hotel ( based on 2 sharing), public transport and match ticket for £200 all in.

Circumstances at the time meant I couldn't make the game but that changed last minute and the only way really available by then was the official charter. Yes it's very steep considering I could get a weeks all inclusive for the same price. I also flew with the Hibs Charter the 2nd time to Athens and that cost £500.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:44 PM
I can get 4 in comfortably, depends where the ferries leave from and too��
As I said before I can’t make the 1st leg regardless of where it’s played, as my daughter is getting married

Just watch it through a video link. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 04:46 PM

I done Brondby for less than that, admittedly I can be flexible with travel though.

fife hfc
19-06-2018, 05:24 PM
There’s also a daily flight between Riga and Leipaja, 40 mins and around £40-60 each way.

Where did you find that? Been looking at nothing was coming up.

green with envy
19-06-2018, 05:35 PM
You cant get a direct train from Edinburgh. You have to change at Warrington Bank Quay and the journey is around 4 hours 40 minutes.

I know this as i've been looking at all avenues for our potential away tie.

The point that I was making was that it would make sense going direct to Rhyl even with the change at Warrington Bank Quay as opposed to Wrexham or Chester (as suggested by the poster that I quoted) due that's where the game is likely to be played. But then you probably knew that.

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2018, 05:36 PM
3000 apparently, 1700 seated

Wonder if Hearts would let us train at Tynecastle in order to get used to the atmosphere/dimensions?

CapitalGreen
19-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Where did you find that? Been looking at nothing was coming up.

Had a look again and it’s not actually daily. Would need to be out Wed and return Sat. Carrier is AirBaltic.

Keith_M
19-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Am I the only one that's a bit disappointed with our potential destinations for the first round?

I was hoping for somewhere worth visiting... but reasonably easy to get to.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Am I the only one that's a bit disappointed with our potential destinations for the first round?

No, its a pish draw for us to be honest.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:06 PM
I know this as i've been looking at all avenues for our potential away tie.

The point that I was making was that it would make sense going direct to Rhyl even with the change at Warrington Bank Quay as opposed to Wrexham or Chester (as suggested by the poster that I quoted) due that's where the game is likely to be played. But then you probably knew that.

Yes of course, You can change at Crewe for certain Welsh destinations including Rhyl but its much quicker to the WBQ change.

Big_Franck
19-06-2018, 06:06 PM

Yeah I agree. When I first saw the teams it looked quite promising as I've always fancied visiting the Baltic countries. Looking at it in more depth though they are all a bit of a nightmare to get to.

Flights to Tallinn are £300+ and include at least 2 flights each way.

The Latvian side are a 4 hour bus journey away from Riga.

The Finnish team are a 5 hour bus or train journey to the north of Helskini.

And the Icelandic team play on a tiny wee island 4 miles off the coast of the main island of Iceland.

Give us Bala Town :pray: Wee train journey down full of Hibees and maybe a night out in Liverpool.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2018, 06:07 PM

:agree: I'm hoping for the Welsh team, easy to get to and 90 minutes away. :party:

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Only problem with Bala Town would be the limited away ticket allocation.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Bala Town have been allocated ball number 11 for the draw.

LancashireHibby
19-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Which is exactly why they’d want to play us at Wrexham.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Do you think so? Their ground holds 3,500 or so.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Having said that Bala Towns record attendance is 938. :faf:

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Do you think so? Their ground holds 3,500 or so.

It wouldn't just be Bala Town fans attending that match. If we drew them then you'd find people coming from all around as its the biggest tie in their history so I do think our tickets would be limited.

Belle Vue, is a multi-purpose stadium (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-purpose_stadium) in Rhyl (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyl), Wales (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales). It is used mostly for football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) matches, and has been the home ground of Rhyl F.C. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyl_F.C.) since 1892. The stadium holds 3,000 people, with a seating capacity of 1,720.[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Vue_(Rhyl)#cite_note-1) The stadium has occasionally hosted youth-level international football matches, including an under-16s match between Wales and Scotland.[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Vue_(Rhyl)#cite_note-2)
Belle Vue has four stands, with three out of the four sides of the ground being covered. The Arriva and Don Spendlove Stand make up the largest stand at Belle Vue, and it is here where the changing rooms and officials' room are housed. Opposite these is the George James Stand which is used to accommodate away supporters when fan segregation is in place. Behind one goal is the NWPS Stand which is all seated, and at the other the Grange Road End, which has an open seating area in the middle and unused terraces to the sides.
The George James Stand runs down one side of the pitch. It accommodates away fans and holds the TV gantry as well as the Police Control Unit.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Which is exactly why they’d want to play us at Wrexham.

I dont think the can. They already play Europa games in Rhyl, thats their nominated ground.

Keith_M
19-06-2018, 06:18 PM
:agree: I'm hoping for the Welsh team, easy to get to and 90 minutes away. :party:

That would suit me just fine. They might even move it to a slightly bigger stadium.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2018, 06:42 PM

Everyone back to Churchill's for a lock-in?

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 06:46 PM
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/rhyl-belle-vue-stadium.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-visiting-supporters

SteveHFC
19-06-2018, 06:49 PM
What time is the 2nd round draw tomororw.

CapitalGreen
19-06-2018, 06:49 PM
What time is the 2nd round draw tomororw.

1pm

SteveHFC
19-06-2018, 06:51 PM
1pm

:aok:

LancashireHibby
19-06-2018, 07:06 PM
I dont think the can. They already play Europa games in Rhyl, thats their nominated ground.
Nothing in last year’s regulations about switching grounds, though admittedly I’ve only scanned through it.
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/46/71/42/2467142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Obviously things might have changed since but TNS played Man City at the Millennium Stadium in a European tie a few years ago having played their qualifiers at their normal home ground.

I would also suspect that the police would be keen for any such game to be at a ground more suitable for the undoubted thousands that would travel and indeed I doubt Rhyl would have an operational capacity of 3,000 given it’s never been tested to capacity before (record attendance 2,700).

CapitalGreen
19-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Nothing in last year’s regulations about switching grounds, though admittedly I’ve only scanned through it.
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/46/71/42/2467142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Obviously things might have changed since but TNS played Man City at the Millennium Stadium in a European tie a few years ago having played their qualifiers at their normal home ground.

I would also suspect that the police would be keen for any such game to be at a ground more suitable for the undoubted thousands that would travel and indeed I doubt Rhyl would have an operational capacity of 3,000 given it’s never been tested to capacity before (record attendance 2,700).

A long time ago now but Raith Rovers switched their home tie v Bayern Munich to Easter Road.

Since90+2
19-06-2018, 07:11 PM

Are we maybe over estimation how many we would take to Rhyl? I reckon it would be somewhere between 1000-1500.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Are we maybe over estimation how many we would take to Rhyl? I reckon it would be somewhere between 1000-1500.

Week took roughly that to Brondby.

Since90+2
19-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Week took roughly that to Brondby.

By our standards though Brondby is a fairly big European team to play and in a nice European city to visit that's fairly easily accessible. I'm not sure a game against a part time team in Wales would be as appealing to some.

LancashireHibby
19-06-2018, 09:23 PM
English-based Hibs fans could probably account for 1,000 alone!

james62
19-06-2018, 09:28 PM
By our standards though Brondby is a fairly big European team to play and in a nice European city to visit that's fairly easily accessible. I'm not sure a game against a part time team in Wales would be as appealing to some.

:agree: Also throw in the fact there will likely be at the very least 1 more trip should we draw Bala Town. Although we came very close to knocking out Brondby I don't think many of us really expected it to happen and were just delighted to be there as Scottish Cup Winners

McrHibee
19-06-2018, 11:06 PM

Really hoping it's Bala at Rhyl, though I imagine that ground will be a bit small for a big Hibees travelling support, having watched Partizan Belgrade in a qualifier there a few years ago. Reckon it would be at Wrexham's Racecourse which still boasts one of the most impressive terrace sin football - but sadly it's been out of use for a number of years now. Usually takes me about 4 hour 40 minutes door to door for an Easter Road match, travelling from Warrington, so a one-hour train trip to see the Hibees would be a rare and quick journey.

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere, but what time's the draw being made?

Hermit Crab
19-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Really hoping it's Bala at Rhyl, though I imagine that ground will be a bit small for a big Hibees travelling support, having watched Partizan Belgrade in a qualifier there a few years ago. Reckon it would be at Wrexham's Racecourse which still boasts one of the most impressive terrace sin football - but sadly it's been out of use for a number of years now. Usually takes me about 4 hour 40 minutes door to door for an Easter Road match, travelling from Warrington, so a one-hour train trip to see the Hibees would be a rare and quick journey.

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere, but what time's the draw being made?

Today at 11am BST

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 12:27 AM
I see Celtic got an Armenian side called FC Alashkert in their Champion League first round qualifier.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2018, 12:38 AM
Daily record reporting that we could face Derry city or other teams not in our group?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-time-europa-league-draw-12730303

monktonharp
20-06-2018, 12:43 AM

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere, but what time's the draw being made?do hope you get your wish! . It would also give me an excuse to visit my Son and his family, although they are a fair bit doon country in Monmouth. never had a drive through the Brecons, but wanted to do. not quite sure of the best route to South East Wales from Rhyl though

SteveHFC
20-06-2018, 01:20 AM
For the draw of the 2nd round the 74 teams are divided into 5 groups of 10 teams and 2 groups of 12 teams.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2018.html

Gibby the Hibby
20-06-2018, 03:08 AM
the teams from latvia, faroes and iceland. are all ,as the crow flies around 500 miles(and 500 more)
away from easter road.:greengrin

so Im sure it will be one of them, nothings ever as easy as a trip to wales.

Forza Fred
20-06-2018, 04:35 AM
A long time ago now but Raith Rovers switched their home tie v Bayern Munich to Easter Road.

Hey!

It’s no THAT long ago.........😂

cocteautwin
20-06-2018, 05:04 AM
If we get Liepāja from Latvia and there's no availability of flights to Riga, then flights to Kaunas in Lithuania should be an option. There's direct RyanAir flights from Edinburgh. Jump in a hire car at Kaunas airport and it's only 3 hours to the Latvian Baltic coast. Driving around that region is comfortable and you just pay a small fee to use the car in Latvia as well as Lithuania (but best to sort that out when picking the car up). I was driving around Lat/Lit a few months ago in middle of winter. Good fun.

Could be a cheap option for 4 mates in a car together.

james62
20-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Daily record reporting that we could face Derry city or other teams not in our group?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-time-europa-league-draw-12730303

It's not like the Daily Record to be printing incorrect information :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
20-06-2018, 07:47 AM
It's not like the Daily Record to be printing incorrect information :rolleyes:

Or the draw time

gorgie greens
20-06-2018, 08:03 AM
do hope you get your wish! . It would also give me an excuse to visit my Son and his family, although they are a fair bit doon country in Monmouth. never had a drive through the Brecons, but wanted to do. not quite sure of the best route to South East Wales from Rhyl though

I am not far from Monmouth but you might be better heading up M5 , failing that A49 and A5, I might have to take an earlier trip when the local sale goes on to make sure I get tickets

we are hibs
20-06-2018, 08:11 AM
Is there a YouTube stream for the draw anyone?

Big_Franck
20-06-2018, 08:14 AM
If we get Liepāja from Latvia and there's no availability of flights to Riga, then flights to Kaunas in Lithuania should be an option. There's direct RyanAir flights from Edinburgh. Jump in a hire car at Kaunas airport and it's only 3 hours to the Latvian Baltic coast. Driving around that region is comfortable and you just pay a small fee to use the car in Latvia as well as Lithuania (but best to sort that out when picking the car up). I was driving around Lat/Lit a few months ago in middle of winter. Good fun.

Could be a cheap option for 4 mates in a car together.

If we do get Liepaja the Latvian team then hiring a car from Kaunas would be the only option should you choose to fly to Kaunas instead of Riga. It looks like buses/trains from Kaunas take between 10 and 12 hours to get from Kaunas to Liepaja. There's various stops/changes between the two.

nonshinyfinish
20-06-2018, 08:24 AM

Should be on UEFA’s website.

The Pointer
20-06-2018, 08:43 AM
If we do get Liepaja the Latvian team then hiring a car from Kaunas would be the only option should you choose to fly to Kaunas instead of Riga. It looks like buses/trains from Kaunas take between 10 and 12 hours to get from Kaunas to Liepaja. There's various stops/changes between the two.

I was surprised to find out recently there were flights (I think) from Edinburgh to Palanga on the coast of Lithuania, albeit not very frequently. There are buses from there which go very slowly up to Liepaja.

Jamesie
20-06-2018, 09:09 AM
I was surprised to find out recently there were flights (I think) from Edinburgh to Palanga on the coast of Lithuania, albeit not very frequently. There are buses from there which go very slowly up to Liepaja.

Flights are from Glasgow mate - but agree, its not a bad option for Liepaja if you have plenty time.

green&left
20-06-2018, 09:19 AM

Just had a wee look at a Rangers forum looking for the same thing, and according to a thread on there a live stream should appear here around 11am > https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/draws/round=2000986/

tam4hibs
20-06-2018, 09:28 AM
In no way official, just some notes i had put together for those interested in travel. Sure some others will have better local knowledge - but id dive into that detail when the draw is actually known:

Numbers: 3 Hibernian
First ball = home leg 12th July
Second Ball = home leg 19th July

OPTIONS:

7 Levadia Tallinn (EST)
Where: Tallinn in Estonia (just below Finalnd, next to Russia)
Other Options – 5 hrs drive from St Petersburg or 4 hours from Riga
Flights: Direct only from London £248 (Wed to Friday)
EDI – 8.45am – Copenhagen 11.25am – Copenhagen 12.40pm – Tallin 3.10pm (£288)

8 ÍBV (ISL)
Where: Iceland – Vestmannaeyjar – south island, 2.5hrs from rejkavic and incl a ferry
EDI – 11.30am – 1pm KEF (reyjavick) Thursday / Return – 6.30-10am Friday / £145
GLA – 1.40pm – 3pm KEF / 7.35am return Fri - £288

9 KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
Where: Finland – Kuopio – northern area. 4.5 hrs from Helskinki or 6 hours from st Petersburg.
Fly to Helsinki and then 1 hour flight to Kopio Airport. Or direct train for 5.15mins
direct flights from UK from manchester/EDI/Lon. £300 flights

10 Liepāja (LVA)
Where: Latvia – Liepāja– west side, above poland and lithuania.
2.5 hours from Liga and 3.5 hours from Kaunus.
MAN – Riga direct and drive (Doncaster flights poor)

Where: Bala in north wales – 5 hour drive.
Where: Florentino, San Marino (Italian, 2 hours from Bolgna or 3 from Florence / 4 from venice)
Edi – Bologna/Florence/Venice (1 stop) = £200/£300.
Manchester to Bologna / Venice = £200.

12 NSÍ Runavík (FRO)
Where: Runavík, Faroe Islands
Direct from EDI – Thurs to Monday for £300. Fly via Copenhagen for more regular flights, ferry from Denmark can take 19 hours.

Onceinawhile
20-06-2018, 09:37 AM
I'll be in Wales over the second leg. A four minute train journey from rhyl so fingers crossed it's them!

Souter96Mac
20-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Do we also find out what the Q2 tie would be today as well?

HibeeMassive
20-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Do we also find out what the Q2 tie would be today as well?

Yeah, at 1 oclock :thumbsup:

Big_Franck
20-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Flights are from Glasgow mate - but agree, its not a bad option for Liepaja if you have plenty time.

That's not an option unless you are going for a week. There are only two flights Glasgow to Palanga each week, on Sundays and Thursdays. The Thursday flight doesn't get there to 22:50 so you'd miss the game.

7Hero
20-06-2018, 10:07 AM
latvia then !!

JeMeSouviens
20-06-2018, 10:08 AM
latvia then !!

He's only drawing the groups of 10. We have to wait for the groups of 12.

HibeeDaz6270
20-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Faroe Islands

BoomtownHibees
20-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Faroes

SouthMoroccoStu
20-06-2018, 10:17 AM

SteveHFC
20-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Money will be kept for the next round.

Big L