PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehog Mallan

CMurdoch
16-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Been looking at one of the Barnsley fans forums.

Opinions vary but this one made me laugh

"He can hit a dead ball, but we need to put him on castors to get him around the park. He has the mobility of a geriatric hedgehog"

My own memories of Mallan are of his fantastic free kicks against us.

Can you make any comment on his mobility or lack of mobility?

monktonharp
16-06-2018, 11:36 PM

"He can hit a dead ball, but we need to put him on castors to get him around the park. He has the mobility of a geriatric hedgehog"

no , I cant and it would be unfair to comment on this particular question, However, my opinion is that he is a very talented footballer and as such, would be a particular asset to Hibernian FC, were he to join. I like him.! and I want him wearing green. is that enough? I thought he looked quite " mobile" from his performances for the buddies. :confused:

AugustaHibs
16-06-2018, 11:50 PM
‘That’ goal he scored for St Mirren doesn’t resemble someone with a lack of mobility

Ray_
17-06-2018, 03:55 AM

Suppose it would be a bit difficult for any midfielder like him watching the ball constantly fly over his head.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-06-2018, 05:41 AM
‘That’ goal he scored for St Mirren doesn’t resemble someone with a lack of mobility

Absolutely

One of the rare occasions I’ve applauded an opponents goal

Smartie
17-06-2018, 08:42 AM
The Championship down South is all about energy and athleticism.

I've been surprised how little ability there seems to be there, but a bit of brawn and a good engine can take you far.

Just because he struggled there doesn't mean he'll struggle back here.

Cat Stanton
17-06-2018, 11:08 AM
The Championship down South is all about energy and athleticism.

I've been surprised how little ability there seems to be there, but a bit of brawn and a good engine can take you far.

Just because he struggled there doesn't mean he'll struggle back here.

I've just asked a St. Mirren supporting pal (someone has to have one). He said (and I quote (ie copy and paste)):

"V good with dead ball, scores from around box, great passer, not great defensively. Was our best player til morgan, oh wee stevin ma-llan."

I presume the bit at the end is a song. Or maybe he's drunk, 'though it's quite early, even for him.

He was the person telling me how good McGinn would be for us, so i' m quite reassured by that.

Unseen work
17-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Mallan is a great player and I have no doubt whatsoever that he will flourish for us.

He is exactly the type of player that our fans will take to and I think he will fit into the current team perfectly.

dchibs
17-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Had a look at their forum and most fans thought he should have got more game time, he seemingly gave a goal away and they subbed him at half time but said he was a good player and passer and a good dead ball player although not that good defencivly and quite lightweight with a lot of the wanting him to stay.

CMurdoch
17-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Had a look at their forum and most fans thought he should have got more game time, he seemingly gave a goal away and they subbed him at half time but said he was a good player and passer and a good dead ball player although not that good defencivly and quite lightweight with a lot of the wanting him to stay.

That is all true.
However, it is not as funny as a guy comparing him to a geriatric hedgehog on castors especially last night after a few sherbets :wink: