PDA

View Full Version : World Cup BBC VR app

OtleyHibs
16-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Not sure if I should have put this here or in the gaming forum so feel free to move this admins.

Anyone tried this? I’m using PSVR and it’s pretty good, it’s like having a box in the ground. You get to choose from pitchside behind either goal or around the halfway line and there’s also a big screen showing the flat screen bbc coverage.

If VR takes off this could get to a level where you could have a season ticket for Easter Rd anywhere in the world and a potential earner for the club, the potential is massive especially as the technology advances

Elephant Stone
16-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Can you hear Mark Lawrenson when you're pitchside or is it best to go behind the goals?

hfc rd
16-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Not sure if I should have put this here or in the gaming forum so feel free to move this admins.

Anyone tried this? I’m using PSVR and it’s pretty good, it’s like having a box in the ground. You get to choose from pitchside behind either goal or around the halfway line and there’s also a big screen showing the flat screen bbc coverage.

If VR takes off this could get to a level where you could have a season ticket for Easter Rd anywhere in the world and a potential earner for the club, the potential is massive especially as the technology advances

Downloaded the app on the PlayStation store yesterday but haven’t used it yet. Will probably give it a go tomorrow in the Germany vs Mexico game.

Is it a clear picture or blurry?

OtleyHibs
16-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Downloaded the app on the PlayStation store yesterday but haven’t used it yet. Will probably give it a go tomorrow in the Germany vs Mexico game.

Is it a clear picture or blurry?

It’s not HD but a bit better clarity than I expected, especially behind the goals. The BBC footage on the screen above is decent, you can hide that screen if you want to too which is a good option to have.

I’m pretty impressed with it as my first VR football experience, as the tech improves it’s just going to get better and better

OtleyHibs
16-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Can you hear Mark Lawrenson when you're pitchside or is it best to go behind the goals?

I had commentary on and it’s the same wherever you go, there might be an option to switch it off but I never noticed.

They should add a wee side game where you get to smack a commentator with w ball every time they irritate you, would be a good way for the broadcaster to gauge public opinion 😄

hfc rd
17-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Just watched the Germany - Mexico game on the PSVR and really enjoyed it. Felt like you were inside the ground at the game! Will definitely be watching a few more games through VR. Great experience and something that has a lot of potential.