PDA

View Full Version : Marciano surgery

GreenCastle
14-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Noticed he’s had surgery on his hand / finger.

May be struggling to be fit for Europa League 1st games.

Hope he has a quick recovery.

Any news on Laidlaw ?

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:07 PM

Any news on Laidlaw ?
Why let Cammy Bell go?

Not unless they are bringing in a top class goalie to replace Rocky?

Just saying?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-06-2018, 10:12 PM
How’s laidlaw doing? Or did I miss the email?

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:32 PM
How’s laidlaw doing? Or did I miss the email?
Not in a hurry to see Ross Laidlaw back either after his horror show against Celtic in the League Cup Semi Final.

SMAXXA
14-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Not in a hurry to see Ross Laidlaw back either after his horror show against Celtic in the League Cup Semi Final.

Just came on and looked at 2 threads Efe and then this and you’ve slagged Efe as a car crash and now this about laidlaw away you go.

CapitalGreen
14-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Why let Cammy Bell go?

Not unless they are bringing in a top class goalie to replace Rocky?

Just saying?

Bell wasn’t “let go”

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:55 PM
Bell wasn’t “let go”
What happened then?

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Just came on and looked at 2 threads Efe and then this and you’ve slagged Efe as a car crash and now this about laidlaw away you go.
I hear you mate! Just trying to find out if anyone knows if Efe is signing and to get to the bottom of the goalkeeping situation that is all did not intend to come across as being controversial or negative if you read my additional posts you will see that. It was not my intention to upset anyone.

GGTTH

Franck Stanton
14-06-2018, 11:09 PM
What happened then?

Bell only had a short term contract which expired at end of season and being a free agent & wanting to be 1st choice keeper, ( understandable at his age), knew he was always going to be Rocky's understudy, chose to move on.

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Bell only had a short term contract which expired at end of season and being a free agent & wanting to be 1st choice keeper, ( understandable at his age), knew he was always going to be Rocky's understudy, chose to move on.
Back to square one then.

tamig
14-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Its about the only game Laidlaw let us down in. He’s been a fairly dependable stand-in. One bad game and he’s sine-died in your book?

bingo70
14-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Its about the only game Laidlaw let us down in. He’s been a fairly dependable stand-in. One bad game and he’s sine-died in your book?

Nah, I agree with the poster you’re quoting, he’s not for me either.

He’s a relatively steady keeper but he’s never in a million years going to challenge Marciano for a starting slot and that’s what we should be looking for in a back up keeper imo.

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 11:56 PM
He is young tall and can come back but needs to build up his confidence after injury and a long period away. I suppose it is just my frustration coming through as fundamental errors came in such an important game but no I am prepared to draw a line under it and give him another chance but not down to me down to Lenny and Alan Combe.

Forza Fred
15-06-2018, 12:34 AM

In fairness to him we can ALL have a bad game.....I used to have them nearly every week!

I wouldn’t write him off on the basis of that performance.

On a self defeating note...first time I saw Zibi was at Ibrox when he kept the Huns goalless in Ivan’s hat trick game........I thought at the time we had found an outstanding goalie.......so as you can see I know what I’m talking about!😂

The_Horde
15-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Rather not have Laidlaw after his last stunt in Europe..

Hermit Crab
15-06-2018, 01:08 AM
The boy JM from Hearts was mentioned, probably a load of pish though.

BSEJVT
15-06-2018, 02:40 AM

Aren't you getting confused with Virtanen

Other than not saving any Brondy penalties I thought he did well

tonyrougier123
15-06-2018, 03:18 AM

I haven't seen him mentioned, but he would be a very good signing if interest is there.

Just Jimmy
15-06-2018, 04:26 AM

He’s a relatively steady keeper but he’s never in a million years going to challenge Marciano for a starting slot and that’s what we should be looking for in a back up keeper imo.I agree with the idea, however in reality we cannot afford to have that kind of money tied up in a player who is likely to only play 5 or 10 games a year. Laidlaw has proven more than capable of standing in for the odd game which is all we need.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
15-06-2018, 04:49 AM

Sure his family are all hibbies not that it would be why he would come

Borderhibbie76
15-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Just came on and looked at 2 threads Efe and then this and you’ve slagged Efe as a car crash and now this about laidlaw away you go.Absolutely- well said

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
15-06-2018, 05:58 AM
Rather not have Laidlaw after his last stunt in Europe..What when he kept a clean sheet in Brondy??? He wasn't in goal or even signed when we played the home leg

Souter96Mac
15-06-2018, 06:03 AM
What when he kept a clean sheet in Brondy??? He wasn't in goal or even signed when we played the home leg

The poster is confused with Virtanen who let in the shocker in the first leg.

overdrive
15-06-2018, 06:05 AM
I’ve been impressed from the admittedly limited times I’ve seen him by young Dabrowski. I think he might overtake Laidlaw this season. I rate Laidlaw too though.

Has Marciano actually had the surgery yet? Judging by his wife’s Instagram stories they’ve been on holiday in Israel/Greece since straight after the end of the season and he hasn’t shown signs of having had any surgery.

GreenCastle
15-06-2018, 08:17 AM
I’ve been impressed from the admittedly limited times I’ve seen him by young Dabrowski. I think he might overtake Laidlaw this season. I rate Laidlaw too though.

Has Marciano actually had the surgery yet? Judging by his wife’s Instagram stories they’ve been on holiday in Israel/Greece since straight after the end of the season and he hasn’t shown signs of having had any surgery.

He’s got a bandage on his hand so assuming it’s done.

Laidlaw was fine I felt - pretty steady considering.

Does anyone have an update how he is progressing after injury?

Billy Whizz
15-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Where are we reading that Rockys had surgery?

tamig
15-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Where are we reading that Rockys had surgery?

Lennon mentioned a few weeks back he needed it. Why would it be delayed?

Scooter
15-06-2018, 08:59 AM
He’s got a bandage on his hand so assuming it’s done.

Laidlaw was fine I felt - pretty steady considering.

Does anyone have an update how he is progressing after injury?
I seen that too but in her latest pics he doesn't have the bandage

Billy Whizz
15-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Lennon mentioned a few weeks back he needed it. Why would it be delayed?

Sorry I thought he said he might need it, so has he had it, that’s what I’m asking?

badabing67
15-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Sorry I thought he said he might need it, so has he had it, that’s what I’m asking?

Haven't we been linked with a loan deal for Freddie Woodman the Newcastle and England under 21's keeper. Hope this is a goer for us don't want him going to the sheep who are also interested apparently.

Plus he has been up here before so knows the game

basehibby
15-06-2018, 01:08 PM

He’s a relatively steady keeper but he’s never in a million years going to challenge Marciano for a starting slot and that’s what we should be looking for in a back up keeper imo.

That's as maybe but he's contracted to Hibs for at least another season. What you and BillyHibs seem to be proposing is a return to the "goalkeeping accademy" although we can only play one keeper at a time. For my money Laidlaw is more than good enough to fill that back up slot anyway - being immeasurably more reliable than some first choice keepers we've had in the 21st century. He had one stinker against Celtic but that apart has been solid as whenever called upon.

basehibby
15-06-2018, 01:14 PM

Get it right man! That wasn't Laidlaw it was some Finnish laddie - Virtanen - who I don't think played another game for us and has now departed. Laidlaw came in for the second leg and played excellently to help us to a 1-0 win as I recall.

If Laidlaw had played both legs we could well have advanced to the next stage so very poor post.

Squirrel 1875
15-06-2018, 01:19 PM

Get it right, Virtanen had the howler. Laidlaw has been a reliable understudy for the most part.

jgl07
15-06-2018, 09:21 PM

Any news on Laidlaw ?
Great! That's all we need.

Hibs lost out to Brondby because of a goalkeeping error.

supermcginn
15-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Get it right, Virtanen had the howler. Laidlaw has been a reliable understudy for the most part.

Apart from a complete horror show in a national semi final at hampden. If Rocky isnt fit there'll be a new goalie in very shortly lennon isnt daft.

greenlex
15-06-2018, 09:57 PM
That boy DeGea might be a decent replacement. Having said that he’s had a good few howlers of late. Should be ok as back up.

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2018, 07:19 AM
Apart from a complete horror show in a national semi final at hampden. If Rocky isnt fit there'll be a new goalie in very shortly lennon isnt daft.If you judge a player on one game its you that is daft honestly.

Doesn't matter if its national, international, sunday league or the world cup final, you don't judge a player on his worst game.

HibbyKeith
16-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Sorry I thought he said he might need it, so has he had it, that’s what I’m asking?Appears so Billy. Although im unsure what hand it is. Depending on what camera she is using ob her phone (front or back) its flipping the image. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180616/571c8554a16a104dd2566ac67592e9eb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180616/62e15399d714bcaf66db91eef0df4191.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
16-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Appears so Billy. Although im unsure what hand it is. Depending on what camera she is using ob her phone (front or back) its flipping the image. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180616/571c8554a16a104dd2566ac67592e9eb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180616/62e15399d714bcaf66db91eef0df4191.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks