PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial update for the Linlithgow Rose game on 30th June

Pages : 1 [2]

brog
30-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Can't see how we could be struggling financially. Prize money from last year and an extra 1000 season tickets so far will be extra 300kish compared to last year. That's before you add in the money from the Europa league.

It was a wind up. Not funny or too clever but enough to cstch a few paranoiac folks out.

eastcoasthibby
30-06-2018, 05:59 PM
The reality is that that type of post in the current climate odf only one signing inducatikns that things cant happen til mcginn situation is resolved to provide cash ..means its easy to see why folk will believe any financial comments because there is no evidence to say we are putting our money out in signing players ...

stantonhibby
30-06-2018, 06:00 PM
The reality is that that type of post in the current climate odf only one signing inducatikns that things cant happen til mcginn situation is resolved to provide cash ..means its easy to see why folk will believe any financial comments because there is no evidence to say we are putting our money out in signing players ...

It's a wind up

Souter96Mac
30-06-2018, 06:05 PM
So how did we do today? Anyone stand out?

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2018, 06:17 PM

Only wee Danny for me.

DaveF
30-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Only wee Danny for me.

I thought Slivka did ok.

keep the faith
30-06-2018, 06:55 PM
I came across a picture of the Celtic bench today at their match ( they lost 1-0 ) against Bohemian Prague. Scott Allan was sitting there with a face like fizz.

Spend the money and bring him home now. Scott Allan wants to come. The fans want him back. He fits like a glove so sort in out hibs!

Hibeewilly
30-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Efe strolled it and some of McGinns passing was sublime...…...great day out today

Stokesy's on fire
30-06-2018, 08:24 PM

Danny Swanson and Slivka stood out for me. Laidlaw must have been pretty bored

Oh the Linlithgow goalkeeper stood out as well but thats because he looked like Brok Lesner from that WWE

Sir David Gray
30-06-2018, 08:30 PM

Swanson was great when he got on. He was the best player on the park in the second half. Slivka also played well.

Unseen work
30-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Where position was Slivka playing?

hibsmum
30-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Well done Danny, here’s hoping he gets the chance in the new season

green day
01-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Oh mah heid. Good night in lithgae after the match 👍👍

BlackSheep
01-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Anyone know if there will be Hibs TV highlights for this game?

Heisenberg
01-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Anyone know if there will be Hibs TV highlights for this game?

Think they said before the game that there wouldn’t be. Goals are on Sky Sports Scotland twitter.

Barney McGrew
01-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Oh mah heid. Good night in lithgae after the match 👍👍

We had a great day out, soured by a few of the local ********s after the game, who decided that as we had green in we were ‘fenians’ and therefore fair game on the way back to train station.

Its a shame when somewhere as nice as Linlithgow has that sort of pond life swimming around.

HibbyKeith
01-07-2018, 08:07 AM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1013316313165385730

Ringothedog
01-07-2018, 08:20 AM
We had a great day out, soured by a few of the local ********s after the game, who decided that as we had green in we were ‘fenians’ and therefore fair game on the way back to train station.

Its a shame when somewhere as nice as Linlithgow has that sort of pond life swimming around.

Not unexpected as there was an orange walk taking place.

SideBurns
01-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Swanson made the difference - not just his goals but gave the team energy and invention. Efe absolutely strolled it, Lewis had a fine game, defence and keeper generally solid. SDG did well when he came on and Slivka had a very good 2nd half.

BlackSheep
01-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Think they said before the game that there wouldn’t be. Goals are on Sky Sports Scotland twitter.

Awesome cheers.

Wish Hibs TV would cover these types of games.

Hibbyradge
01-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Awesome cheers.

Wish Hibs TV would cover these types of games.

They don't have an outside broadcasting van.

The Pointer
01-07-2018, 08:50 AM
What did those who were there make of the new strips?

wookie70
01-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Efe was the pick for me. He presumably was name due to the sheer effortless way he plays. Never put a foot wrong and was very good on the ball. Swanson was very good when he came on a Slivka did very well first half before fading. McGinn sprayed some good balls about in the first half. We looked half throttle most of the game but Swanson injected some energy and pace and looked to me like he wants to be involved and is willing to work for it

macca70
01-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Efe was the pick for me. He presumably was name due to the sheer effortless way he plays. Never put a foot wrong and was very good on the ball. Swanson was very good when he came on a Slivka did very well first half before fading. McGinn sprayed some good balls about in the first half. We looked half throttle most of the game but Swanson injected some energy and pace and looked to me like he wants to be involved and is willing to work for it

We don’t know McGinns future but assuming the club will know, if he is off in this window, it doesn’t make sense to me that he is part of these friendlies and our preparation for the season ahead. Would we not be best preparing for the season ahead playing players that will still be here.

BlackSheep
01-07-2018, 10:26 AM
They don't have an outside broadcasting van.

They have streamed games via mobile network before.

Ozyhibby
01-07-2018, 10:31 AM
We don’t know McGinns future but assuming the club will know, if he is off in this window, it doesn’t make sense to me that he is part of these friendlies and our preparation for the season ahead. Would we not be best preparing for the season ahead playing players that will still be here.

If Mcginn helps us get to the group stages and is then sold at the end of the window then that’s good enough for me. While he’s here he plays.
Plus if he is frozen out as you suggest, how do you think that affects his sale price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
01-07-2018, 10:34 AM

I'd rather have McGinn play, I don't think he's the player to lower his application in a game. He'd help us progress in Europe.

hibbymac
01-07-2018, 10:41 AM
If Mcginn helps us get to the group stages and is then sold at the end of the window then that’s good enough for me. While he’s here he plays.
Plus if he is frozen out as you suggest, how do you think that affects his sale price?

Where was that suggested :confused:

chrisski33
01-07-2018, 10:41 AM

makes perfect sense to play McGinn in these friendlies esp if he doesnt go but may as well use him ahead of the Europe games. Not playing him would have a negative effect tbh

macca70
01-07-2018, 10:44 AM

I have no idea, I doubt his value gets affected much by a pre-season friendly against a team in a public park, if he is here for our Euro games then happy days, defo use him, if not, we need to be preparing for the season ahead with players that will still be here.

The club clearly have a plan so by playing him now, i’m assuming he will still be with us for these Euro games.

Mick O'Rourke
01-07-2018, 10:50 AM

As others have said
A long as SJM is a Hibernian player,we need to play him.

Ozyhibby
01-07-2018, 12:19 PM
How did Shaw do yesterday?

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 01:40 PM
How did Shaw do yesterday?

Took a wee bit to get in the game, then scored a perfectly good goal that was chopped off, at least 5 yards online
Did better in last 20 mins

G B Young
01-07-2018, 03:34 PM
It was a wind up. Not funny or too clever but enough to cstch a few paranoiac folks out.

Indeed.

Lennon left at the final whistle without speaking to the media so there was no update on how things are going on the signings front.