PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Have you bought West Upper Sect 13 HH 159?

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 09:10 AM
I initially posted this on the private board but Worcester Hibby suggested posting on here too!

If you have bought this seat or know the person that has can you please get in touch with me? PM me please and I'll pass on my phone number or email me FraserRMaltman@outlook.com.

I will buy the person a £50 club shop voucher as a thank you if they can swap seats with me - it means a lot to me and my family. The seat I have purchased in the meantime is RR166 which is in the same section almost directly in line with my seat.

Hibs are emailing the person, but thought this may be a better route.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial post:

"I renewed my season ticket in March. Except I apparently didn't as my Zebra finance never finalised when I thought it had done.

Hibs emailed me on 24/5 saying they were holding my ticket till the 1st June. I missed the email and now someone (I presume) has bought my ticket as it's unavailable to purchase. I have a huge issue with the fact they didn't phone me when it got to the 1st to check I wasn't renewing however I digress.

The seat is in the middle one of five. We are all family or close friends and have sat together in the same seats for 17 years without fail."

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2018, 09:11 AM
I initially posted this on the private board but Worcester Hibby suggested posting on here too!

If you have bought this seat or know the person that has can you please get in touch with me?

I will buy the person a £50 club shop voucher as a thank you if they can swap seats with me - it means a lot to me and my family. The seat I have purchased in the meantime is RR166 which is in the same section almost directly in line with my seat.

Hibs are emailing the person, but thought this may be a better route.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial post:

"I renewed my season ticket in March. Except I apparently didn't as my Zebra finance never finalised when I thought it had done.

Hibs emailed me on 24/5 saying they were holding my ticket till the 1st June. I missed the email and now someone (I presume) has bought my ticket as it's unavailable to purchase. I have a huge issue with the fact they didn't phone me when it got to the 1st to check I wasn't renewing however I digress.

The seat is in the middle one of five. We are all family or close friends and have sat together in the same seats for 17 years without fail."

I'd remove your number, mate. Ask them to PM you instead.

MSK
14-06-2018, 09:12 AM
I would suggest removing your phone number mate, go via pm or email, you could attract some unwanted calls

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 09:14 AM
I'd remove your number, mate. Ask them to PM you instead.

Could you remove it from your quote :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Could you remove it from your quote :greengrin

Done, Jim. :greengrin

Jamesie
14-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Can I ask how you got in touch with the ticket office? I have e-mailed tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk a couple of times recently but have received no response and starting to wonder if I e-mailed the wrong address - my messages didn't bounce though.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Can I ask how you got in touch with the ticket office? I have e-mailed tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk a couple of times recently but have received no response and starting to wonder if I e-mailed the wrong address - my messages didn't bounce though.

0131 661 1875

Billy Whizz
14-06-2018, 10:51 AM

That’s the one

Hibbyradge
14-06-2018, 10:59 AM
It would be worthwhile posting in a few of the Hibs fans Facebook pages too.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 11:08 AM
It would be worthwhile posting in a few of the Hibs fans Facebook pages too.

Which one's Radge?

Hibbyradge
14-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Hibs Page

Hibs Fans News

Edit: I'll copy your post and put it in the Hibs Page for you.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Hibs Page

Hibs Fans News

Edit: I'll copy your post and put it in the Hibs Page for you.

Thank you mate. It's a closed group to me but have asked to join.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Thank you mate. It's a closed group to me but have asked to join.

I posted it. Good luck.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Might be worth speaking with the club reps too

They could maybe help out

Although they would not be able to give you their contact details directly, would the ticket office be able to contact this person on your behalf with your offer?

Hope it works out for all parties

EDIT. Would help if I could read, I see hibs are emailing the person directly for you.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Might be worth speaking with the club reps too

They could maybe help out

Although they would not be able to give you their contact details directly, would the ticket office be able to contact this person on your behalf with your offer?

Hope it works out for all parties

EDIT. Would help if I could read, I see hibs are emailing the person directly for you.

My issue now is that the TO weren't initially willing to do anything even when I explained that the ticket was in the middle of a 17 year strong group of 5, common sense didn't seem to apply so I've not convinced they will do the email any justice.

The Green Goblin
14-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers. Phoned them for an update and they haven't even tried to contact him yet.

Golden Bear
14-06-2018, 01:06 PM
It's tough luck on the person who purchased it in good faith. Section 13 is a great place to view the action and available seats would be few and far between.

Hibby70
14-06-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm sure if you can't contact them beforehand a wee word on the opening home fixture would almost certainly work if they are reasonable.

I suppose the only problem would be if they've bought to be near someone else and they themselves are hoping for folk to move up one place.

Hibby70
14-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Or maybe your family/friends have bought it themselves and don't really like you.

Hibs Fraggle
14-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Or maybe your family/friends have bought it themselves and don't really like you.

Or maybe after the first home fixture the family/friends will decide they like the newcomer more?

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 01:40 PM
It's tough luck on the person who purchased it in good faith though. Section 13 is a great place to view the action from and available seats would be few and far between.

That's why I purchased the remaining seat in the section, which I suppose I luckily got. Means a straight swap is quite reasonable IMO.

Or maybe after the first home fixture the family/friends will decide they like the newcomer more?

Don't tempt them!!

CentreLine
14-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Cheers. Phoned them for an update and they haven't even tried to contact him yet.

Lots of sympathy for your situation but you have to give the TO a break. They are dealing with almost 13k ST holders right now and had 13.5k to consider up to 1June. Every ST holder knew that was the cut off point. The TO also sent out reminders so they cannot be expected to make a personal call as well. They do a brilliant job on behalf of the club and ticket holders.
Best of luck getting back to your seat, I imagine the current holder of the seat will be very reasonable when he or she hears the story. I certainly hope so.

YanYansen
14-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Lots of sympathy for your situation but you have to give the TO a break. They are dealing with almost 13k ST holders right now and had 13.5k to consider up to 1June. Every ST holder knew that was the cut off point. The TO also sent out reminders so they cannot be expected to make a personal call as well. They do a brilliant job on behalf of the club and ticket holders.
Best of luck getting back to your seat, I imagine the current holder of the seat will be very reasonable when he or she hears the story. I certainly hope so.

Agree with this - can't really apportion any blame to the TO.

Whoever it is will swap I'm sure - even if it was literally at the first game of the season and they found themselves in the middle of your group - I know I would, if it was a ticket for the same section (at a reasonable distance, which it sounds like it is).

Hermit Crab
14-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Thing is what do you do if there person point blank refuses to swap seats? They're under no obligation to do so.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Thing is what do you do if there person point blank refuses to swap seats? They're under no obligation to do so.Absolutely nothing I can do HC! At the end of the day it's my issue not his/hers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Best of luck getting back to your seat, I imagine the current holder of the seat will be very reasonable when he or she hears the story. I certainly hope so.You are correct Centreline. They are probably busier than I appreciated this morning due to the panic i was in when I realised.

Sammy7nil
14-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Guy at my work bought two season tickets for Tynie there was a guy sitting in between him and his mate. Who was on his own they asked him to move one seat and he refused they thought it was wind up but it was not. The guy sat between them for 13 matches listening to their chat and sarky comments about him. After 13 games the guy never returned I don't know if he just moved. If further evidence of how weird Hearts fans are this must be it.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Guy at my work bought two season tickets for Tynie there was a guy sitting in between him and his mate. Who was on his own they asked him to move one seat and he refused they thought it was wind up but it was not. The guy sat between them for 13 matches listening to their chat and sarky comments about him. After 13 games the guy never returned I don't know if he just moved. If further evidence of how weird Hearts fans are this must be it.

I hear he bought bought West Upper Sect 13 HH 159 at Easter Road this season

If one story makes you say "Typical Jambo", this is it!

h185forever
14-06-2018, 03:16 PM
It might not matter but are you sure that’s the right number and section ?

Im in that section a few rows benhind you and I’m in seat 158 which is right on the staircase next to the posh seats. I would’ve thought all seats 158 in sectiion 13 would be on the staircase but I could be wrong.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 03:17 PM

Im in that section a few rows benhind you and I’m in seat 158 which is right on the staircase next to the posh seats. I would’ve thought all seats 158 in sectiion 13 would be on the staircase but I could be wrong.

Are you sure you aren't 157? Looking at my season ticket and it's definitely 159 :greengrin

CapitalGreen
14-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Thing is what do you do if there person point blank refuses to swap seats? They're under no obligation to do so.

Will be pretty awkward for said person sitting in among a group of guys who have been sitting together for years and they all no he said no to moving.

h185forever
14-06-2018, 03:20 PM
You may be right the laddie and I have 157 & 158....don’t have my ticket to hand.

Hermit Crab
14-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Absolutely nothing I can do HC! At the end of the day it's my issue not his/hers.

Hopefully the person is happy to accommodate you.

hibby6270
14-06-2018, 03:29 PM
I’ll be interested to see how this pans out. If not by following this thread, then by enquiring at the first game of the season. I’m in that row 7 or 8 seats further along, so will enquire on Aug 4th or 11th. :greengrin

Hope you get it sorted amicably though.

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 03:41 PM
I’ll be interested to see how this pans out. If not by following this thread, then by enquiring at the first game of the season. I’m in that row 7 or 8 seats further along, so will enquire on Aug 4th or 11th. :greengrin

Yep, if I get it sorted I'm going to be "that guy that messed up his season ticket renewal, what a fud" :greengrin

O'Rourke3
14-06-2018, 04:10 PM

My seat is 158 and I'm one in from the stairs not next to them...

Jamesie
14-06-2018, 06:05 PM

I'm pretty curious as to why a seat bang in the middle of four season ticket holders would be attractive to a third party - if it was me I'd be looking for a seat with an empty next to it in the hope that it remained that way and so that a pal could maybe buy the odd ticket for it and sit next to me. Interesting.

MyJo
14-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Yep, if I get it sorted I'm going to be "that guy that messed up his season ticket renewal, what a fud" :greengrin

And everybody knows where you will be sitting as well :hilarious:

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 07:04 PM
And everybody knows where you will be sitting as well :hilarious:Needs must!!

Bostonhibby
14-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Yep, if I get it sorted I'm going to be "that guy that messed up his season ticket renewal, what a fud" :greengrinThere's a tee shirt in there somewhere[emoji6]

Hope you get sorted out [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
14-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Which one's Radge?

All of them, but they're still worth posting in. :greengrin

danhibees1875
14-06-2018, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty curious as to why a seat bang in the middle of four season ticket holders would be attractive to a third party - if it was me I'd be looking for a seat with an empty next to it in the hope that it remained that way and so that a pal could maybe buy the odd ticket for it and sit next to me. Interesting.

You wouldn't know you were in the middle of a big group when you looked online, you'd assume they were different people. I think most of the good areas only have single seats left so to get what you want they'd need to go up into the corners - this isn't 2015 anymore. :wink:

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 07:45 PM
You wouldn't know you were in the middle of a big group when you looked online, you'd assume they were different people. I think most of the good areas only have single seats left so to get what you want they'd need to go up into the corners - this isn't 2015 anymore. :wink:Correct. You'd assume no-one was stupid enough to accidentally not renew and that it wasn't a big group haha

danhibees1875
14-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Correct. You'd assume no-one was stupid enough to accidentally not renew and that it wasn't a big group haha

Yep - seems pretty farfetched for someone to be that silly. :agree:

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Yep - seems pretty farfetched for someone to be that silly. :agree:Trust me, no one that knows me is remotely surprised!

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Sorry to bump this...

Hibby70
15-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Hope you get the seat only find your mates have moved somewhere else :)

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Hope you get the seat only find your mates have moved somewhere else :)Wow.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Really?

Hibby70
15-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Really?

Ffs, of course not.

grunt
16-06-2018, 06:26 AM

This is hilarious. What sort of person would do that??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
16-06-2018, 06:55 AM

:greengrin I can't believe people took this post seriously.

Sammy7nil
16-06-2018, 06:59 AM
:greengrin I can't believe people took this post seriously.

Humour bypass :greengrin

CapitalGreen
16-06-2018, 07:13 AM

😂😂

OtleyHibs
16-06-2018, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=grunt;5433103]This is hilarious. What sort of person would do that??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sort of person who would buy a season ticket to watch a very particular style of “football” 😄

Hope the OP gets sorted 👍

SouthMoroccoStu
16-06-2018, 09:01 AM
This is hilarious. What sort of person would do that??

A Jambo

Hibernian Verse
19-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Update: nothing to note yet but I have been asked to move by the supporter beside my "new seat" So that he can sit beside his family. I of course have obliged!

Lago
19-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Wow.

Think it was a joke, my kind of humour not everyone else:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
19-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Think it was a joke, my kind of humour not everyone else:greengrinI read it late on a Saturday night haha

Mibbes Aye
19-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Update: nothing to note yet but I have been asked to move by the supporter beside my "new seat" So that he can sit beside his family. I of course have obliged!

I reckon this is shaping up like one of these puzzles.

Keep moving and eventually you will get to the right place :greengrin

But genuinely, good luck.

Lago
19-06-2018, 06:23 PM
I reckon this is shaping up like one of these puzzles.

Keep moving and eventually you will get to the right place :greengrin

But genuinely, good luck.
Thats truly funny.

Jamesie
19-06-2018, 08:02 PM

Just out of interest did that request come through Hibs?

Hibernian Verse
19-06-2018, 08:04 PM
Just out of interest did that request come through Hibs?Yes through one of the girls in the ticket office

Bristolhibby
19-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Yes through one of the girls in the ticket office

So I presume you have a new seat to offer the guy. I’m guessing it’s of a similar standard.

Crazy that people get caught out by this, and the TO don’t try a wee bit harder to remind people (not having a pop BTW).

J

BlackSheep
19-06-2018, 09:10 PM
Yes through one of the girls in the ticket office

So they can help out another ST holder but leave you hanging...??

Really???

Seems a bit harsh!

Hibbyradge
19-06-2018, 10:37 PM
So they can help out another ST holder but leave you hanging...??

Really???

Seems a bit harsh!

The person who has "his seat" hasn't replied to the TO request.

BlackSheep
20-06-2018, 12:25 AM
The person who has "his seat" hasn't replied to the TO request.

Have to TO confirmed they have tried to contact the new holder of ‘his seat’? Last I read the OP had his doubts....

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 06:07 AM
Have to TO confirmed they have tried to contact the new holder of ‘his seat’? Last I read the OP had his doubts....They haven't actually got back in touch with me regarding the matter since last Thursday now. I Did mention it in my reply so hopefully I'll hear back today.

BILLYHIBS
20-06-2018, 06:26 AM
Is it just me but I reckon it does not matter where you buy your season ticket about there will always be someone that irritates you!

snedzuk
20-06-2018, 06:27 AM
Wheres your new new seat as that's the one that's now presumably on offer to new 'middle guy!

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 06:31 AM
Wheres your new new seat as that's the one that's now presumably on offer to new 'middle guy!Same section

Juniper Greens
20-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Just a word of caution.
There is a chance the new "middle guy" is now sitting directly behind or in front of a group he plans on going with, so he might not want to move.

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Another wee update...

Office manager got in touch today to say they're still working on it and another seat nearby has come up nearby that they have offered to the gent.

Re: JuniperGreen. It's possible as there are a couple of older guys that sit behind me.

One Day Soon
20-06-2018, 11:06 AM
I've got to be honest and say I'm not sure how much I really want this situation to be resolved. It's better than any soap opera.

Any chance the OP can keep us briefed during the season should his hoped for transfer not work out?

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 11:07 AM
I've got to be honest and say I'm not sure how much I really want this situation to be resolved. It's better than any soap opera.

Any chance the OP can keep us briefed during the season should his hoped for transfer not work out?

I'll start a blog just for you. "One Day Soon I'll have my seat back" is the title, with a wee nod to you.

One Day Soon
20-06-2018, 11:16 AM
I'll start a blog just for you. "One Day Soon I'll have my seat back" is the title, with a wee nod to you.

I'd like to subscribe to your magazine and newsletter...

oldbutdim
20-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Is it just me but I reckon it does not matter where you buy your season ticket about there will always be someone that irritates you!

Not necessarily.

I'm absolutely fine where I sit. No problems there at all.

Funnily enough a few guys near me totally disagreed.

Opinions eh?

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2018, 11:39 AM
I'd like to subscribe to your magazine and newsletter...£12 a month and you can pay it direct into my Nigerian bank account

BILLYHIBS
20-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Not necessarily.

Opinions eh?

I have three guys behind me who keep coming out with stupid inane comments throughout the whole of every game.Does ma heid in!

Another Guy in front who insists on putting his arm behind the seat beside him hitting my knee.

A few weeks back another guy in front gave Whitty pelters the whole game until he scored.I shouted to him and that is why Lenny is sitting in the dug out and you are sitting up here.

Maybe it is just me.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 11:53 AM
I'd like to subscribe to your magazine and newsletter...

Accept cookies?

Hibbyradge
20-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Not necessarily.

Opinions eh?

:thumbsup:

Lago
20-06-2018, 11:59 AM
I have three guys behind me who keep coming out with stupid inane comments throughout the whole of every game.Does ma heid in!

Another Guy in front who insists on putting his arm behind the seat beside him hitting my knee.

A few weeks back another guy in front gave Whitty pelters the whole game until he scored.I shouted to him and that is why Lenny is sitting in the dug out and you are sitting up here.

Maybe it is just me.
No I had similar years ago in the FF stand where I had a season ticket.

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 03:57 PM
UPDATE

Got it sorted. Claire, Manager at the TO, was extremely helpful in getting it done.

If you are the gent looking in, thank you for your understanding and enjoy the season ahead.

I won't be making that mistake again!

:aok:

mutley
26-06-2018, 04:03 PM
UPDATE

Got it sorted. Claire, Manager at the TO, was extremely helpful in getting it done.

If you are the gent looking in, thank you for your understanding and enjoy the season ahead.

I think it should be your task to continue to track him /her and buy a them a drink or 2 [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 04:05 PM
UPDATE

Told you Claire was Topdog! Well done to the other fan too!
Get some peace from you on here now😄

Danderhall Hibs
26-06-2018, 04:08 PM
UPDATE

Good stuff - well done to the TO and the person who swapped.

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Told you Claire was Topdog! Well done to the other fan too!
Get some peace from you on here now[emoji1]Yep thanks Billy your help was appreciated.

hibby6270
26-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted. I’ll congratulate you in person at the start of the season as I squeeze past you to get to my seat - 167. :greengrin

Hibby70
26-06-2018, 04:24 PM
I assume you didn't find out who it was.

Seems like the ideal Jeremy Kyle episode in a few years when you get reunited (following a dna test from saliva on a pie)

tartanhibee
26-06-2018, 04:27 PM
You should tweet Barry get a thank you to the person at half time Motherwell game lol

Glad you got it sorted.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 04:30 PM
You should tweet Barry get a thank you to the person at half time Motherwell game lol

Glad you got it sorted.

Great idea

Just Jimmy
26-06-2018, 04:34 PM
buy the person a £20 gift voucher from the shop and get the TO to pass it on.

just saying likes ;)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
26-06-2018, 04:43 PM

just saying likes ;)

And a £10 gift voucher to everyone who helped on the thread 😄

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 04:44 PM
You'll never find me!!!

Oh.

Lago
26-06-2018, 04:45 PM

just saying likes ;)

Are you the guy who agreed to move:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Are you the guy who agreed to move:greengrinNah that's Just Jimmy

MyJo
26-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Quite troubling that this is the most exciting transfer news coming out of Easter road at the moment.

Should get the lassie in the ticket office on the Mallan deal :greengrin

Just Jimmy
26-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Are you the guy who agreed to move:greengrinI would have said more than £20 if so [emoji23]

Golden Bear
26-06-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm in row KK and will be almost directly behind the mystery buyer. The West Stand paparazzi will be assembled to try and out this imposter.😁

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm in row KK and will be almost directly behind the mystery buyer. The West Stand paparazzi will be assembled to try and out this imposter.[emoji16]I got the seat back! So the mystery buyer is elsewhere now.

Golden Bear
26-06-2018, 06:22 PM
I got the seat back! So the mystery buyer is elsewhere now.

Happy days. That will teach me to read the entire thread! It made for an entertaining rant though!

SuperAllyMcleod
26-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Is it just me? Surely the mystery buyer will be sitting in the seat that you bought instead (and subsequently swapped) - it shouldn’t be too difficult to find him on the first day of the new season. Unless of course, you work for Police Scotland [emoji16]

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Is it just me? Surely the mystery buyer will be sitting in the seat that you bought instead (and subsequently swapped) - it shouldn’t be too difficult to find him on the first day of the new season. Unless of course, you work for Police Scotland [emoji16]No he's got a different one closer I believe