PDA

View Full Version : What is THE holy grail of Hibs programmes?

hibby6270
12-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Been following an eBay auction for Hearts v Hibs 1/1/73 programme (sold today for £74 which afaik is about par for that item?) and it got me thinking.

Some of you guys have a better handle on this than I have, so out of morbid curiosity - a question.

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?

Conrad Gray
13-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Been following an eBay auction for Hearts v Hibs 1/1/73 programme (sold today for £74 which afaik is about par for that item?) and it got me thinking.

Some of you guys have a better handle on this than I have, so out of morbid curiosity - a question.

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?

I always thought that the postponed Barcelona from 1960? would be the grail, and that it would never come up for sale. I managed to get it from Ebay and there's been another couple sold there since.

hibeg
13-06-2018, 04:46 PM
All collectors will have different programmes on their wants lists. Personally I still require one home to complete my collection back to 1946/7, so if anyone has Hibs v Airdrie 13/9/47 kicking about I might show a bit of interest :greengrin

The other one required would complete my Hibs European aways. As has been mentioned before on this forum, Keflavik was thought to be a non issue but one appeared about 4 years ago. Very strange how no more came back with the players but it is now on my list.

Iggy Pope
15-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Postponed issues are my pain.

Conrad Gray
15-06-2018, 12:26 PM

Do you have a list of the ones you are after?

hibeg
15-06-2018, 04:21 PM

I donít class them as issues ( simply because I donít have them all :greengrin)

Iím missing Motherwell in early 60s, but nobody has actually seen it AFAIK. Also Rangers in early 70s.

I have the Barca and Partick ones.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Do you have a list of the ones you are after?

Not on me as I'm on holiday. I'll drop you a line when I get back.

EastThomasSTboy
18-06-2018, 02:35 PM
The Hibs Reserve Programme v Dundee No.44. from APRIL 14TH 1956.(BIG ISSUE)
The Hibs v Ayr United Prog. No.16 from 1st March 1978 (postponed).
THE Hibs v St Johnstone. No.15 from Sat 28th December 1968 (postponed).

I think these are the hardest since 1949.

hibeg
18-06-2018, 03:59 PM

You would say that G. :wink: Have you got the Dundee Reserves ?

Iggy Pope
21-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Aw fir ****s sake.......

ano hibby
21-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Aw fir ****s sake.......

As ETB knows very well the latter one is a printers proof copy which is the version prior to a print run goes live. I have a copy framed which I was going to upload a pic of but I canít seem to do this from my phone. Anyone know if this can be done? I click ĎAttachmentí button & upload pic from my album but it doesnít seem to like it.

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 07:01 AM
As ETB knows very well the latter one is a printers proof copy which is the version prior to a print run goes live. I have a copy framed which I was going to upload a pic of but I canít seem to do this from my phone. Anyone know if this can be done? I click ĎAttachmentí button & upload pic from my album but it doesnít seem to like it.

If you go to Manage Attachments it should let you upload, select and insert inline from there.
I never even had these postponed issues down as potentially existing....! I need to read up more.

tynehibs
03-02-2020, 06:52 AM

I see the barcalona v hibs 1960 is on eBay at £1750 plus £40 p&p, this must be the most expensive?

EastThomasSTboy
04-02-2020, 10:52 AM
I see the barcalona v hibs 1960 is on eBay at £1750 plus £40 p&p, this must be the most expensive?

IMO,.......Just because they are looking for this price does not mean that any Hibs collector is stupid enough to buy it (at that price!!).

Its probably a £500 to £600 prog tops and you will find that all the top Hibs collectors already have it, and bought it for considerably lower than that amount. Over the years, its been easier to find than the postponed home prog.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: seven flags!!! (my fave number.).

hibeg
04-02-2020, 04:56 PM
IMO,.......Just because they are looking for this price does not mean that any Hibs collector is stupid enough to buy it (at that price!!).

Its probably a £500 to £600 prog tops and you will find that all the top Hibs collectors already have it, and bought it for considerably lower than that amount. Over the years, its been easier to find than the postponed home prog.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: seven flags!!! (my fave number.).

It wasnít that many years ago when I picked it up and it was quite a bit higher than £600.
Between £800 to 1k is a realistic value IMO

EastThomasSTboy
04-02-2020, 05:51 PM
It wasnít that many years ago when I picked it up and it was quite a bit higher than £600.
Between £800 to 1k is a realistic value IMO

You're obviously trying to Punt your Copy!!!! LOL . :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

hibeg
04-02-2020, 07:36 PM
You're obviously trying to Punt your Copy!!!! LOL . :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin::greengrin

Eh, no. :greengrin

EastThomasSTboy
05-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Eh, no. :greengrin

About time, for the three amigos to regroup for a small Libation, and perhaps peruse the current prices of Hibby Stuff!!!:flag:

Iggy Pope
05-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Now, now top collectors! This was only ever meant to be a sub forum intended for collectors to have a blether. Post your rarities and let the rest of us envy you.

ano hibby
07-02-2020, 06:01 PM
I picked up a few rare ones a number of years back.

From 1888/89 i have Newcastle United v Hibernians which as far as i know is the first programme known to feature Hibs. Its a bit fragile given 131 years old & i have it framed.

From 1925/26 the first known (again as far as i know) home prog to have been printed was 22/8/25 against Killie. The good guys won 8-0 that day. From later that season i also have a single team sheet prog from an away game v Arsenal. I'm missing around another 40 from that season though so if anyone can help please let me know :greengrin

In terms of more recent rare ones i posted above about the printers proof from the St J postponed in 1968. ETB may have more to add on this one one day :greengrin. Also from 1985 a friendly i cant find record of away to Brightons Select on 28/7/85. Got this from our very own Hibeg at his usual knock down price. Not.

One of my favourites is the Gordon Smith testimonial v Man Utd. The programme itself it reasonably common but i have an original match report from the following day entitled 'Champions Clash - Hibs dazzle the men from Manchester' with a match report under the scoreline which was 7-3 to Hibs...

i'll try (again) to post some pics shortly..

hibeg
07-02-2020, 10:23 PM
I picked up a few rare ones a number of years back.

From 1888/89 i have Newcastle United v Hibernians which as far as i know is the first programme known to feature Hibs. Its a bit fragile given 131 years old & i have it framed.

From 1925/26 the first known (again as far as i know) home prog to have been printed was 22/8/25 against Killie. The good guys won 8-0 that day. From later that season i also have a single team sheet prog from an away game v Arsenal. I'm missing around another 40 from that season though so if anyone can help please let me know :greengrin

In terms of more recent rare ones i posted above about the printers proof from the St J postponed in 1968. ETB may have more to add on this one one day :greengrin. Also from 1985 a friendly i cant find record of away to Brightons Select on 28/7/85. Got this from our very own Hibeg at his usual knock down price. Not.

One of my favourites is the Gordon Smith testimonial v Man Utd. The programme itself it reasonably common but i have an original match report from the following day entitled 'Champions Clash - Hibs dazzle the men from Manchester' with a match report under the scoreline which was 7-3 to Hibs...

i'll try (again) to post some pics shortly..

Cheeky git 😢. That one was a bargain. I wonder how much a dealer would have asked for it 😂